Aquarius

Getting To Genoa You : Y&R Daily Chat

6 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Time to retire the "car dies in the extreme cold" crap. Car batteries do not poop out because it's around 0C or 32F. Also, it doesn't really snow when it's below freezing.

It doesn't? I genuinely don't know much about snow, but two weeks before I went to the U.S. Navy bootcamp in Great Lakes, Illinois, there was some kind of storm right as the temperature dropped to -40 degrees F and they were having to bus recruits the quarter-mile from my barracks (the one nearest to all the major facilities) to the gym for PT. There was still quite a bit of snow left from that by the time I got there (in closed toed shoes, unlike the other guy who showed up to the processing center in flip flops. Even for Sacramento, Ca....just no. XD)

40 minutes ago, pearlite said:

Whothebloodyhell walks around the house or office in something sleeveless in winter?

Michelle Stafford!Phyllis did. All the time. And it drove me up the wall. Yes, I know Los Angeles sees rain maybe three times a year, but good lord, no one is going out in a slinky, shoulder-less dress in the dead of winter.

• Like 14

2 minutes ago, Anna Yolei said:

It doesn't? I genuinely don't know much about snow, but two weeks before I went to the U.S. Navy bootcamp in Great Lakes, Illinois, there was some kind of storm right as the temperature dropped to -40 degrees F and they were having to bus recruits the quarter-mile from my barracks (the one nearest to all the major facilities) to the gym for PT. There was still quite a bit of snow left from that by the time I got there (in closed toed shoes, unlike the other guy who showed up to the processing center in flip flops. Even for Sacramento, Ca....just no. XD)

Michelle Stafford!Phyllis did. All the time. And it drove me up the wall. Yes, I know Los Angeles sees rain maybe three times a year, but good lord, no one is going out in a slinky, shoulder-less dress in the dead of winter.

Anna Yolei, I actually had to look this up. We just sort of live with this belief that if it gets too cold, it doesn't snow. [And I hate snow.] So, here:

"It rarely snows when the temperature drops below zero degrees Fahrenheit (-18 degrees Celsius). But snow does sometimes fall even when it’s that cold. Snow can fall even in the coldest place on Earth, Antarctica, at temperatures well below zero.

It turns out that moisture is more important than temperature." - EarthSky

Apparently, if there's a large body of water nearby, clouds can pick up moisture, which then freezes into little snow-things, and this kind of snow can fall at somewhat below zeroF temps. Learn something every day, apparently.

• Like 9

Ah, that actually makes a lot of sense! Thanks for that! :3

2 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

New Ranch 3.0 set (that is where Nick took Nicki, right?)

...how? The old new ranch is barely two years old!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, pearlite said:

Anna Yolei, I actually had to look this up. We just sort of live with this belief that if it gets too cold, it doesn't snow. [And I hate snow.] So, here:

"It rarely snows when the temperature drops below zero degrees Fahrenheit (-18 degrees Celsius). But snow does sometimes fall even when it’s that cold. Snow can fall even in the coldest place on Earth, Antarctica, at temperatures well below zero.

It turns out that moisture is more important than temperature." - EarthSky

Apparently, if there's a large body of water nearby, clouds can pick up moisture, which then freezes into little snow-things, and this kind of snow can fall at somewhat below zeroF temps. Learn something every day, apparently.

Altitude also plays an important part in the formation of snows. Since snow falls at a higher altitude, in Colorado and Utah,  they have what is called "Champagne Powder Snow" because of lower moisture content in the formation of snow crystals.  

The colder ice gets the less slippery it becomes because colder ice is softer. For example Hockey Ice is around 17 to 23 degrees F while Figuring Scating Ice is around 24 to 29 degrees F to allow their skated to dig into the ice more for jumps and softer landings. 

Black Ice is not black but a very thin layer of transparent ice.  It not really effected by temperature because it ice and all ice is slippery.  Oh, I almost forgot to mention what actually makes ice slippery is friction.  Stepping on ice or driving across black ice friction causes water to form acting as a sort of lubricant.  That's why skis and snowboarders are waxed to enable a slight melting of snow to act as a lubricant between the ski/snowboard and the snow.  Conversely, waxing a surfboard/paddle board is to stop water from being a lubricant and gives the surfer /paddle boarder addition traction.  

• Like 7

Yeah...it's currently 28 degrees and we have 2-3" now and it's still coming down.  This part of OH has lots of rivers, lakes, etc so we always get slammed.  We live about 1/4 mile from a big creek and have to drain our driveway all the time...fixing that in spring.  2 tons of gravel coming our way from the local quarry.

About the car...yeah, batteries don't die when you run off the road unless you total the engine/radiator.  Did I mention the deer that got the better of our car?  It was still driveable but insurance deemed it a loss.  They (Rey Rey/Sharon) didn't seem to hit anything, just slid off the road.  Total plot contrivance and Mia/Arturo.....stooopid.  I likes my soaps but please give me some some semblance of reality...mmmm'kay?

Phyl should be drawn and quartered by everyone in that room...and I will help.  Way to shatter whatever good memories Reed had of his Dad.

Bitch

eta...forgot to mention DH nearly slid off the road this morning (7:30) on the way to work.  Said he was still shaking when he finally got there.  Semi in front of him nearly bought it, too.  All we needed was to wreck our remaining vehicle.

Is it April yet?

Edited by OhioSongbird
  • Like 22

34 minutes ago, OhioSongbird said:

rgot to mention DH nearly slid off the road this morning (7:30) on the way to work.  Said he was still shaking when he finally got there.  Semi in front of him nearly bought it, too.  All we needed was to wreck our remaining vehicle.

Is it April yet?

Damn!!  I hope the rest of his/your weekend is COMPLETELY uneventful.  

Stay warm.

• Like 15

I love the new ranch set. Finally, a house that looks like rich people would live in it. I hated the last version of it. It was so ugly and I just couldn't picture Nikki calling it her home. This is much nicer, and I liked the "N" stain glass everywhere. So something I could picture Victor wanting. 

Also, Montreal is experiencing a cold snap right now that should hopefully end come Tuesday. The past two days have seen -16 degree whether with a windchill of -28 degrees celcius. The only upside is no snow and it's been really sunny and bright out. I stayed in bed all day, lol. 

Edited by jewel21
  • Like 15

16 hours ago, basiltherat said:

The "It Happened One Night" schtick was much better done on soaps by Luke and Laura on GH, back in the Stone Age.

Heh.  That was eons ago, wasn't it?  Didn't they also do the "bed sheet as curtain" thing dividing them as they slept?  Boy that was way back when Anthony Geary still had a perm, lol.

• Like 13

On 1/12/2019 at 9:43 AM, pearlite said:

Time to retire the "car dies in the extreme cold" crap. Car batteries do not poop out because it's around 0C or 32F.

Actually if your battery is weak, the cold (way below 32ºF) can hasten it's demise. Learned that by first hand experience :-(

It just doesn't have enough "juice" to turn over the engine. However...if you can get it to start/to turn over, and you've got it  running, it will be recharging & most likely not just die as your driving.

I cosign to everything in your post Pearlite. (Am in the desert now but grew up in the NE & lived a year in Canada which taught me many cold & snowy things. lol)

• Like 9

1 hour ago, RedRockRosie said:

Actually if your battery is weak, the cold (way below 32ºF) can hasten it's demise. Learned that by first hand experience :-(

It just doesn't have enough "juice" to turn over the engine. However...if you can get it to start/to turn over, and you've got it  running, it will be recharging & most likely not just die as your driving.

I cosign to everything in your post Pearlite. (Am in the desert now but grew up in the NE & lived a year in Canada which taught me many cold & snowy things. lol)

Oh, RRR, I have experienced that "cold day, low battery" thing. Most of us do, in fact, have booster cables in the trunk. And yeah, that thing where you worry about blowing the starter motor while praying it will turn over so it can charge? That too.

Having shared this, I think that cop cars, unless WI differs from places where I've lived/live, are maintained more or less daily.

I envy you your desert! Actually in Toronto I can't complain. It's -7C here, but bright and sunny. No snow at all. OTOH jewel21 in Montreal? That's another histoire!

We don't, in spite of living on Lake Ontario shore, get "lake effect snow." That's a Buffalo specialty on the other side of the lake.

On 1/12/2019 at 10:13 AM, Cupid Stunt said:

New Ranch 3.0 set (that is where Nick took Nicki, right?) is more atmospheric than the banal suburban Ranch 2.0.

All I want from Nicki is some common sense and less hysterics. THINK Nicki!

All I want from Nick is less resentment what his mother is suffering and no chest-beating/I'll Save The Day! bloviating.

And now...back to Show Talk... I awoke from the usual stupor long enough to note that Nikki was standing in front of a new, much better-looking fireplace. And then I thought, maybe they've just futzed with the camera placement maybe. Nope. This is a much better set. Poker included.

• Like 11

New Ranch 3.0 set (that is where Nick took Nicki, right?)

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:57 AM, Anna Yolei said:

Ah, that actually makes a lot of sense! Thanks for that! :3

...how? The old new ranch is barely two years old!

Sharon set fire to Newman Ranch 1.0 around October 2012. Give or take several months of MyPolar drama and rebuilding/redecorating mayhem by Jill Farren Phelps regime, the banal Newman Ranch 2.0 had to have had a New Year unveiling 2013 or shortly thereafter, reuniting Victor and Nicki for 418th time.

Newman Ranch 2.0 didn't reflect the home of a Master of the Universe, like Ranch 1.0/Big Blue Plate mansion. Most viewers thought Newman Ranch 2.0 was a disappointing, cheap set, and never fit the grandiose pretentions of the Newman's.

• Like 14

The whole dead battery or low battery is just another farse in a convenient way to get Sharon and Rey in bed and further the "It Happened One Night" story line.  While the engine is running, the alternator is constantly recharging the battery to run the cars electrical system. If the battery is bad it won't hold the charge. The check engine should come on and the car's computer most likely will shut the engine down.  Most newer cars won't run on the alternator alone. 

The bedroom scene, from "It Happened One Night" featured two separate beds and a sheet to divide the bedroom. Back in the 30's it was scandalous for men and women, even when they are married, to be depicted sleeping in the same bed.  It wasn't until 1947, an obscure sitcom had a married couple sleep in the same bed. The Munsters, in 1964, were the first "humans" to sleep together.  Fred and Wilmer Flintstone slept in the same bed in 1960. Depicting bathrooms is another story.  

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Sharon set fire to Newman Ranch 1.0 around October 2012. Give or take several months of MyPolar drama and rebuilding/redecorating mayhem by Jill Farren Phelps regime, the banal Newman Ranch 2.0 had to have had a New Year unveiling 2013 or shortly thereafter, reuniting Victor and Nicki for 418th time.

Newman Ranch 2.0 didn't reflect the home of a Master of the Universe, like Ranch 1.0/Big Blue Plate mansion. Most viewers thought Newman Ranch 2.0 was a disappointing, cheap set, and never fit the grandiose pretentions of the Newman's.

Hmmm...didn't Victor & Nikki live in the penthouse while the ranch was being "rebuilt" after the fire? Then Victor sold it to Adam?? Then it went to Nik via Chelz and then eventually to Neil. Now "Nate The All Wise One who dispenses the correct way everyone should live/grieve, react to all things" has taken up residence there. Or did I dream all that?

• Like 16

38 minutes ago, RedRockRosie said:

Hmmm...didn't Victor & Nikki live in the penthouse while the ranch was being "rebuilt" after the fire? Then Victor sold it to Adam?? Then it went to Nik via Chelz and then eventually to Neil. Now "Nate The All Wise One who dispenses the correct way everyone should live/grieve, react to all things" has taken up residence there. Or did I dream all that?

RedRockRosie,  You got it all right, 

• Like 10

I'm guessing you're talking about Adam Newman's condo.

Adam Newman bought the penthouse, after the first time his marriage to Chelsea went sour and ended. Later after Connor is born and the truth about his paternity came out, Adam planned to take the baby from her. Chelsea would not let that happen, and Adam then forced Chelsea and baby Connor to move in with him. Romance ensued and those two grifting, lying morons got back together. Post Adam Go Boom and Chelsea running away with Connor, she instructed Anita to sell the condo; As Adam's wife, Chelsea was in control of Adam's estate. 

Nick never had ownership of the condo, in that he only lived there with Chelsea, Connor, CAN, and Faith; and was forced to move when Anita sold the condo to Neil in a stupid bidding war between himself and Jack. Neil and Nate live in the condo together (when Neil isn't living out of town tending to Lily in prison).

Nicki and Victor never lived there, though years ago Victor lived in a different two story condo set (1993ish) with Hope (Adam's mother).

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • Like 10

39 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

I'm guessing you're talking about Adam Newman's condo.

Adam Newman bought the penthouse, after the first time his marriage to Chelsea went sour and ended. Later after Connor is born and the truth about his paternity came out, Adam planned to take the baby from her. Chelsea would not let that happen, and Adam then forced Chelsea and baby Connor to move in with him. Romance ensued and those two grifting, lying morons got back together. Post Adam Go Boom and Chelsea running away with Connor, she instructed Anita to sell the condo; As Adam's wife, Chelsea was in control of Adam's estate. 

Nick never had ownership of the condo, in that he only lived there with Chelsea, Connor, CAN, and Faith; and was forced to move when Anita sold the condo to Neil in a stupid bidding war between himself and Jack. Neil and Nate live in the condo together (when Neil isn't living out of town tending to Lily in prison).

Nicki and Victor never lived there, though years ago Victor lived in a different two story condo set (1993ish) with Hope (Adam's mother).

I coulda sworn it was that one....I remember a grand  piano there for NIkki?? Now I am confused...

20 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

i thought devon bought the building and moved into the penthouse with hillary?

That is the one across the hall...right??

ETA: Yes, Devon bought the whole building. Wait...didn't Sage live there for awhile with Nick?? Adam? Oh geez....my memory is going.....

Edited by RedRockRosie
  • Like 13

I coulda sworn it was that one....I remember a grand  piano there for NIkki?? Now I am confused...

No, I remember that too. Nikki and Victor owned the penthouse. I think they lived there after the Ranch burned down. I remember a behind the scene clip where they showed EB and MTS being shown the set for the first time. Of course, they oohed and aahed over it. I don't think they stayed there for very long though. And you're right, it did have a piano.

• Like 15

Nicki and Victor never lived there,

No, I'm 99.996452% sure they did and it did have the piano. It was after Sharon burned down the ranch and before they moved back into the remodeled version. I remember because from the very beginning of the appearance of that penthouse set I've wondered if it was one TPTB picked up at a garage sale when AMC went dark. The set is very similar to one Erica Kane had back in the day. I spent a bit of time googling photos of both sets and comparing them. The penthouse set has since been changed a bit though since Nick lived there with Chelsea.

• Like 11

You can tell the show is scintillating when we are the conversation is about the sets and props 😂 

Way too much focus on the Rosales and their libidos for my liking. Who’s blackmailing/haunting Strippi (psst JT isn’t dead probably)? She’s killed like 7 people so she should be used to this guilty conscience and lying shit. “Billy you’re the best thing that ever happened to me, my rock.” gushes Mop. She’s forgetting the 99.99% of time he’s been a selfish douchbag for years. Reed looks too old and weird like some YouTuber in a trailer playing ukelele not a Newman J Crew wearing boy or the son of preppy JT. I think even Kyleno (member him?) played the part and look of a scion better 😖 This shows so boring to me right now. 

• Like 16

11 hours ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Nicki and Victor never lived there

9 hours ago, Joimiaroxeu said:

No, I'm 99.996452% sure they did and it did have the piano.

I also remember them living there for a short time while the ranch was being rebuilt.

So that new set Nick dropped Nikki off at was the ranch? Did they say anything about why it looks different?

• Like 7

3 hours ago, AngelKitty said:

I also remember them living there for a short time while the ranch was being rebuilt.

So that new set Nick dropped Nikki off at was the ranch? Did they say anything about why it looks different?

TIIC hopes that nobody notices. The same as having an unattended fire in the fireplace after the barn was burnt down. Ours is not to question why, ours is to watch and buy. 

• Like 18

The Rosales family needs to go and if that means taking Lola, oh well...

Rey Rey & Sharon is absolutely not working even though they literally threw them in bed together...One minute he's dying to have breakfast with her and then the next minute he's running home to his wife...

Rey Rey and Mia are not working either because they are the type of couple that says things to each other and questions every word....they don't trust each other and never will.... the actress playing Mia is terrible IMO and she is the "heaving bosom type" of actress and I don't trust one word that comes out of her mouth...

Arturo is another one I don't trust and he had to see Abby at the crack of dawn to profess his love and conveniently leaves out the part that he was with Mia so he's another untrustworthy one and I find him so unattractive with that mushroom head of his....

At  this point I want them all gone and they can take Lola unless she straightens up her nonsense ....then she can stay ...but I'm good either way ..

Edited by SiouxB
  • Like 18

All of these new characters are IMHO are NOT doing the show any favors, in fact they are dragging it down. Bring back Gloria and Jill if nothing else. Not even recognizable as young and restless. Poorly written.must be boring in the writing room these days, or at home on the PC. Get an eraser and start all over.

• Like 16

I dubbed it "The Old and the Useless" a long time ago.

Wow...what a difference a day makes (cue Dinah Washington).  Everybody is just all lovey and reconciled today......GC must be some magical place. *rme*

• Like 9

That was not the soap opera stuff I'm used to but I'm ready to roll with it. I think it was about a necessary repositioning to set up for the new regime.

I was ready for a long tedious drawn out reveal about Rey and Sharon's night together but instead got a quick resolution Mia told Rey she knew they were together, Rey said yeah but nothing happened,  Mia told Rey Arturo fixed the furnace, Rey was cool with it. Easy peasy let's reaffirm our love on the couch.

Nicki confessed to Nick about murder night and the cover-up omitting some of the participants. (The confession was really bad. I'd put her under the jail. Whatever.) Nick was cool with it.

Phyllis apologized to the wrong person for her memorial outing. Nick was cool with it because that how she rolls so let's kiss.

The writers could've drug this stuff out for weeks but they didn't and I appreciate it. Let's move on. But I do need a JT reappearance so he can be staked.

Reed feels bad about everything but he's going back to school. No mention of therapy though Lord knows he needs it.

So, moving right along....

• Like 18

Yeah whatever, Mia. Crocodile tears. Your not trusting Rey is one thing. Trying to get Arturo to cheat on his girlfriend to make you feel better is another.

I dunno about the new Newman ranch set. It looks like a super deluxe hotel suite to me. It's better than the previous cheap-looking set though, IMO.

Wonder why Nikki left out the part where Phyllis and Sharon were involved in the cover-up of JT's death? You'd think Nick would recall all those odd Gang of Four "charity meetings" and would 2 & 2 together.

Oh Arturo, telling someone you love them out of guilt is a bad move. You better hope Mia doesn't tell Abby about the cuddle-fest.

"You would never hurt me that way." Watch out for those falling anvils, Abby.

Dumbass Nick. Wait until he finds out why Phyllis pulled that stunt at the memorial service. Hopefully he'll be mad at Nikki too for not telling him the whole story.

Okay. Arturo commits to Abby. Rey and Mia reaffirm their dedication to their marriage. Sharon backs off from putting a move on Rey. Billy declares his intentions to Victoria and she doesn't run away screaming. Reed accepts reality and decides to go back to school. Nick forgives Phyllis for showing her hiney at the memorial service. Nikki pours out the booze after confessing to Nick. Feels like some corners were being turned today. Wonder if this is when Mal left the building/city/state/country/continent?

• Like 20

First things first. I previously posted that TIIC make set changes that they hope nobody notices. After watching Nikki pour her heart out to Banana Breath in the Ranches living room, I noticed one other thing that there use to be a piano there. It was there when Tessa was giving music lessons to Reed. 

Kudos to Nikki's acting and boo to Banana Breath's acting. He couldn't even fake acting human to what he was being told by Nikki. 

No Arturo, you love Mia. Abby is plan B. Also Rey, you love Sharon, not Mia. Mia is plan B. Mia should just cry wee wee wee all the way home to Miami.  

😡😳🙄Are we now suppose to believe that the car, with a weak battery, starts after sitting out all night in the freezing cold.  Sharon and Rey were going to stop for breakfast so I guess they weren't worried about the car starting again.  

• Like 15

You'd think Nick would recall all those odd Gang of Four "charity meetings" and would 2 & 2 together.

Would we though? Nick's math would probably go something like this; "2 + 2 = Potato."

• Like 23

22 hours ago, RedRockRosie said:

The 1993ish condo I'm talking about was open design where the staircase was in the center. The entrance was stage right of the staircase, and the living area (with a piano) stage left. There were dark stained wood banisters and risers, brass light fixtures, hyper-masculine living room furnishings. Not knowing how many floors Newman Tower contains (20-25 floors ?), I  believe the condo was below Victor's offices, somewhere in the upper to middle floors and had an expansive view of GC. 

Adam's condo staircase would have had to have been completely reconfigured to stage right adding a new hallway, wall, closet, double entry doors and secret passageway for easy escapes. 

The stickler for some people are pianos that presumably follow Nicki around from location to location. A piano spend years in Adam/Chelsea condo and neither of them ever opened the lid. Victor had pianos in all of his homes, though he doesn't play -- He hired people to play for romantic interludes, but without Nicki the piano was a superfluous decorating choice or a prop for some Newman music-related shenanigans.

20 hours ago, Desperately Random said:

No, I remember that too. Nikki and Victor owned the penthouse. I think they lived there after the Ranch burned down. I remember a behind the scene clip where they showed EB and MTS being shown the set for the first time. Of course, they oohed and aahed over it. I don't think they stayed there for very long though. And you're right, it did have a piano.

The fire that burned down the Ranch was in 2012.

The condo I'm speaking of was in use in the early 1990s.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

The 1993ish condo I'm talking about was open design where the staircase was in the center. The entrance was stage right of the staircase, and the living area (with a piano) stage left. There were dark stained wood banisters and risers, brass light fixtures, hyper-masculine living room furnishings. Not knowing how many floors Newman Tower contains (20-25 floors ?), I  believe the condo was below Victor's offices, somewhere in the upper to middle floors and had an expansive view of GC. 

Adam's condo staircase would have had to have been completely reconfigured to stage right adding a new hallway, wall, closet, double entry doors and secret passageway for easy escapes. 

The stickler for some people are pianos that presumably follow Nicki around from location to location. A piano spend years in Adam/Chelsea condo and neither of them ever opened the lid. Victor had pianos in all of his homes, though he doesn't play -- He hired people to play for romantic interludes, but without Nicki the piano was a superfluous decorating choice or a prop for some Newman music-related shenanigans.

You are right CS- obviously two different condos. I was referring to the most recent one as I wasn't watching Y&R circa early 90's so I didn't realize there was an earlier one. I suppose the pianos are always for Nikki since she seems to be the only one who plays them.

• Like 8

i remember when he had the penthouse at the top of that tower/building he owned.

i think he lived there with hope cause nikki lived in/at the ranch.  then she moved back to kansas.

hmmm, didn't he live there with ashley too?

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, valleycliffe said:

i remember when he had the penthouse at the top of that tower/building he owned.

i think he lived there with hope cause nikki lived in/at the ranch.  then she moved back to kansas.

hmmm, didn't he live there with ashley too?

It's seems to me once Hope returned to Kansas, Ashley served time,, as well as Leanna stopping by on her broom.

• Like 10

Yes, Ashley lived there and kept her cryogenic spermcicle keeper in the front closet.  She is also the one who commissioned the portrait of Victor - 2 copies, one at the office and one in the apartment. When Jack smashed the first one, Victor brought in the spare from home.

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

I thought we were all referencing the one that they most recently owned. So confusing with a show that's been on for so many years. 🙂🤔 I vaguely remember that one from the 1990s. I do remember it was very nice. Much fancier and larger than the one they had after the fire in 2012. And Oh My God, has it really been 6 years!? 😲😳

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, deirdra said:

Yes, Ashley lived there and kept her cryogenic spermcicle keeper in the front closet.  She is also the one who commissioned the portrait of Victor - 2 copies, one at the office and one in the apartment. When Jack smashed the first one, Victor brought in the spare from home.

no, the pic was commissioned by dianne when she was married to turd...it was his birthday present

• Like 6

Oh yea!, ButtBiscuit is all reformed and now a good guy because he spared one scene to actually talk to Victoria about how she was doing and how she felt after JT's abuse of her was outed.  Give that man a nasal lavage with scented lye soap!  I guess it's better than him having sex with Phyllis on Vic's dining room table during the memorial service or telling everyone that it was really HIM who came up with the Jablowmetiques or whatever else is ButtBiscuitian centered but a good guy I do not see.  Until he's dragged face first down the rocky Road to Redemption he'll always be the human equivalent of the "It's a Small World Ride to Hell" to me.

Oh look!  Only one scene later and Victoria's abuse at the hands of JT was all toes and noses and ButtBiscuit was back to talking about himself.  What a guy.....

I thought MTS was very good today in her scenes with Nick, telling him her edited version of what happened with JT.   It's nice of Nick to tell Nikki he supports her, but bullshit on this "It's my job to protect you" crap.  I know his evolutionary line of the species hasn't progressed past poop tossing and toenail clippings, but it wouldn't hurt if Show even vaguely realized that da wimmins can do just fine without some bonobo running interference.

I liked Abby, too, meeting Arturo in her dressing gown, listening to him telling her how much he loved her.  Too bad she doesn't know that all this was precipitated by a close encounter of the Mia kind.

Regarding the penthouse memories, was that 1993 penthouse repurposed as that apartment Phyllis lived in?  The MS version, I mean.  Didn't that one have a staircase in the middle with the entrance on the right and wasn't that staircase made of wood?  

• Like 23

15 minutes ago, boes said:

Oh yea!, ButtBiscuit is all reformed and now a good guy because he spared one scene to actually talk to Victoria about how she was doing and how she felt after JT's abuse of her was outed.  Give that man a nasal lavage with scented lye soap!  I guess it's better than him having sex with Phyllis on Vic's dining room table during the memorial service or telling everyone that it was really HIM who came up with the Jablowmetiques or whatever else is ButtBiscuitian centered but a good guy I do not see.  Until he's dragged face first down the rocky Road to Redemption he'll always be the human equivalent of the "It's a Small World Ride to Hell" to me.

Oh look!  Only one scene later and Victoria's abuse at the hands of JT was all toes and noses and ButtBiscuit was back to talking about himself.  What a guy.....

I thought MTS was very good today in her scenes with Nick, telling him her edited version of what happened with JT.   It's nice of Nick to tell Nikki he supports her, but bullshit on this "It's my job to protect you" crap.  I know his evolutionary line of the species hasn't progressed past poop tossing and toenail clippings, but it wouldn't hurt if Show even vaguely realized that da wimmins can do just fine without some bonobo running interference.

I liked Abby, too, meeting Arturo in her dressing gown, listening to him telling her how much he loved her.  Too bad she doesn't know that all this was precipitated by a close encounter of the Mia kind.

Regarding the penthouse memories, was that 1993 penthouse repurposed as that apartment Phyllis lived in?  The MS version, I mean.  Didn't that one have a staircase in the middle with the entrance on the right and wasn't that staircase made of wood?  

Victor’s condo became Restless Style, which became Chelsea’s studio. Don’t know what it is now. 

• Like 6

On 11/14/2018 at 6:08 PM, peacheslatour said:

I dunno, most of the young people I know are struggling with flat wage growth and mind boggling student loan debt. I am sure they are bootstrapping it just as much as we did. If not more.

Potatoes are a crapload more expensive tho. Back in my day sonny, we ate fried potato sandwiches and were  glad to get em.

On 1/9/2019 at 7:02 PM, RedRockRosie said:

I hope to god this is wrong. It was one stupid kiss. How'd Billy find out anyhow??

So much for Billy being changed & more mature!!!

IDIOT!  Awww, I don't want to see adorable fluffy Reed leave town. He's so darn cute...like a sweet little puppy.

Great Dane puppy.

On 1/11/2019 at 9:40 AM, Sake614 said:

I'm sure it'll happen today.

Arturo owns a construction company. too bad they wouldn't have a space heater or ten in winter-time WI.

On 1/13/2019 at 11:08 PM, Petunia13 said:

You can tell the show is scintillating when we are the conversation is about the sets and props 😂 

....And SNOW. (not Jon, either)

On 11/14/2018 at 6:08 PM, peacheslatour said:

I dunno, most of the young people I know are struggling with flat wage growth and mind boggling student loan debt. I am sure they are bootstrapping it just as much as we did. If not more.

Potatoes are a crapload more expensive tho. Back in my day sonny, we ate fried potato sandwiches and were  glad to get em.

On 1/9/2019 at 7:02 PM, RedRockRosie said:

I hope to god this is wrong. It was one stupid kiss. How'd Billy find out anyhow??

So much for Billy being changed & more mature!!!

IDIOT!  Awww, I don't want to see adorable fluffy Reed leave town. He's so darn cute...like a sweet little puppy.

Great Dane puppy.

On 1/11/2019 at 9:40 AM, Sake614 said:

I'm sure it'll happen today.

Arturo owns a construction company. too bad they wouldn't have a space heater or ten in winter-time WI.

On 1/13/2019 at 11:08 PM, Petunia13 said:

....And SNOW. (not Jon, either)

• Like 11

Ahhh so that is supposed to be back at the Newman Ranch then? I was just so thrown off by it I was like "is this a room of Nick's house we've not seen"? 

Why not have a throwaway line about Nikki making changes to keep her mind off of things then?  Or Victor fast-tracking "the changes we talked about before you were in the hospital". 

I did like it--the fireplace was cooler looking. I missed the fire storyline but had thought the original Newman Ranch had been looking kind of sad and dated for a while. But then the new house--while a perfectly respectable home--didn't seem one iota Newman or Wisconsin or Y&R. It felt like a generic set from Bold or something.

So who is tormenting Nikki then? For a hot second I considered Mac (doesn't she have two little kids left fatherless?) but then it's clear she was also unhappy with JT, I had forgotten that clip where she said to Victoria he was getting emotionally abusive and headed to a bad place. So even if she had a small inkling something was amiss I don't see why she'd go all psycho over it. 

• Like 11

Are you talking about the red/white furnished apartment Jack gave her?

Victor's 1993ish condo was a huge windowed corner affair; the MS apartment was a third the size without the center open staircase and windows. I also find it hard to believe Victor would sell anything to Jack that didn't cause humiliation and grief.

11 hours ago, miamama said:

Victor’s condo became Restless Style, which became Chelsea’s studio. Don’t know what it is now. 

Again, the Restless Style studio has no center staircase, few if any windows, exposed commercial brickwork and a vintage warehouse elevator component stage right.

• Like 4

I forgot about the original Phyllis apartment--I remember kind of liking it.  I seem to remember there was a lot of white bric-a-brac on the fireplace mantle? 

I've mentioned it before but Rey's Crimson Lights upstairs apartment has a support pole from the old Restless Style set. I feel like I can sense elements of Daniel's old studio apartment in it too (the weird skylight) which was a set I actually liked as well.

Edited by JasonCC
  • Like 6

48 minutes ago, Cupid Stunt said:

Again, the Restless Style studio has no center staircase, few if any windows, exposed commercial brickwork and a vintage warehouse elevator component stage right.

The show built the Restless Style set from the Victor condo. This was stated in a BTS video about show some years ago. I don’t know what pieces they used (from the condo) or what layout they changed.

I’m not speculating, just restating what Peter Bergman said in an interview to a reporter.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, miamama said:

The show built the Restless Style set from the Victor condo. This was stated in a BTS video about show some years ago. I don’t know what pieces they used (from the condo) or what layout they changed.

I’m not speculating, just restating what Peter Bergman said in an interview to a reporter.

Why didn't you say that from the beginning, miamama? 

• Like 1

Took the survey and really ripped them a new one, especially concerning Mal’s terrible writing and the awful new characters.  

• Like 11