aradia22

So What Are You Listening To?

On 10/10/2018 at 12:40 PM, Cajungirl64 said:

I can't believe I'm the first (and only) one listening to this - I hope it's just because I'm posting in the wrong thread. (P.S. For all Steve Perry fans: BUY THE NEW CD... It's #1 on Amazon and for good reason). 

Wow, Steve's voice has held up well. He isn't hitting those notes from his younger years, but who can. He sounds great!

Edited by SimoneS
  • Like 1

I'm not a country music fan, but I really like this song from Kelsea Ballerini, Miss Me More. It's more of a country/pop song than a straight country song.

• Like 1

I love Lizzo.  I wish she were better known.

I think it's happening. I tried to get tickets for her show. It was after the pre-sale but I was on the website at the exact time the tickets went on sale to the general public. Sold out instantly. 

Of course I'm in NY...

I'm not a country music fan, but I really like this song from Kelsea Ballerini, Miss Me More. It's more of a country/pop song than a straight country song.

I like her. I listened to both of her albums. I don't know how much of her songs she writes but she's promising. It's not difficult for me to find women in country music that I like. The problem is whether or not they can consistently produce good music. I can't imagine living in an era where I would have to buy every album, particularly for country music. 

I'm watching coverage of the President's arrival in Hanoi. As an experiment I tried to sync up the action on the screen with the music from John Adam's Nixon in China, an opera about Nixon's historic summit with Mao Zedong. It worked really well. It was like watching a live, real life version of this scene.

• Like 2

Enjoying this from Jam Hsiao, though I don't know a word of Chinese. A Love Song for You - but who exactly is "you"? 😉  🐶