David T. Cole

The Previously.TV Swag Bag

I love getting PR materials from networks and production companies. Some are involved, some are invites to events. Here's a thread where we will post about the notable ones.

To kick this off here's a invite for a Reelz show event. There's a lot happening here. Tans, girls, leather of all types and a half-acrylic guitar. Treasure King you truly are the kings of kings!

http://i.imgur.com/5zpVhBT.png

That Treasure King invitation is amazing. I'm particularly impressed by the unrelated car logos on the bottom, because I can imagine someone looking at the picture and saying, "This is obviously awesome. But is it classy enough?"

• Like 4

My dad was an aerospace engineer for a number of years, then went into various other engineering fields.  He still goes to occassional conferences near him to pick up various cool bits of swag and to keep in touch with his old friends.  I think mostly for the swag, though.  I doubt he and Mom have bought any pens for decades.  If you guys get interesting TV tsotskes, will you please post pictures of them?

• Like 1

I was so skeptical of this show when I first heard about it, but gahhhhhh. That looks so awesome, and that cast is incredible.

• Like 1

I have a friend who got occasional media kits for years.  Wish I'd kept pictures of some of that stuff.  Discovery Channel sent some real doosies.  

Ooh! I should have lots of stuff to share going forward.

At the moment all we have is a couple of fancy booklets from Showtime with nice pictures from all of their shows and some smaller versions of the same idea from Starz/Encore. There's also the complete first season of Da Vinci's Demons sitting around, but that doesn't have any neat stuff that would make it any different from the set you could purchase for yourself.

Discovery Channel sent some real doosies.

I have a most excellent shark week t-shirt from them that I gave to my son.

I find that the Hallmark Channel does a nice job of sending along the practical stuff to go with the literature.  I got this nice travel mug from them that also came with a book, a pound of coffee, and couple other things.  I'll be on the lookout for anything new and interesting.

ED2RBlMl.jpg

• Like 1

The Fargo screener looks awesome.  Is the snow textured?

No, all flat but inside they put vellum pages for a neat frosty look.

Looking forward to Fargo. Gordon Lightfoot looks really happy.

Happy doog!

• Like 1

No, all flat but inside they put vellum pages for a neat frosty look.

Happy doog!

And now he is filled with sodium!  Yummy sodium!

• Like 1

To kick this off here's a invite for a Reelz show event.

As a copyeditor, I marvel at the text. Don't know which is better--the misspelling of the word starring, or the grammatical trainwreck that follows it. Or the gleeful lack of punctuation. Really, it's all good.

Wonder if they're hiring? ;P

• Like 3

That dog is a cutie! And Gordon Lightfoot is a unique name for him. Does he ever howl "The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald" for a treat?  :-) Or maybe "Sundown".

• Like 1

Ha!

Although I'm not sure... I think Timothy Dalton is more of a Rarity than a Rainbow Dash, but I guess it could go either way depending on the character he's playing.

• Like 2

BBC America sent this really neat book on Orphan Black. This is about half of it.

qFshaXal.jpg?1

urrFfSkl.jpg?2

In8MrIbl.jpg?2

About half way through they add in a little envelope on the opposite page that has a couple cards with additional information on them.

FY3TrSCl.jpg

MyRcB4ql.jpg

2vIDhOSl.jpg

• Like 1

I totally missed the Penny Dreadful/My Little Pony thing.  My daughter (14) loves the NOW My Little Pony so I had to show it to her, and she about died.  She was like, I so would have done that if I got those two things in the mail. 

::giggle::

I think she might be vying for a job at PTV soon...

• Like 1

My ex-husband used to run a video game review site, and dang if every day we didn't get games in the mail asking for reviews.  One way to get free games.  I think David works hard for PTV just to get SWAG. 

::giggle::

• Like 2

I think David works hard for PTV just to get SWAG.

I think David works hard for PTV just to get swag for Gordon Lightfoot.  More treats! Woof!

;-)

• Like 3

I've got to start reviewing TV shows online, so I can get swag like that! :)

(Granted, I'd probably get swag from Canadian channels, which would probably wind up being a pre-paid Tim Horton's gift card, or a pile of Canadian Tire money, but still....)

I love how the soap is for cleaning up after surgery. :)

• Like 4

I've got to start reviewing TV shows online, so I can get swag like that! :)

(Granted, I'd probably get swag from Canadian channels, which would probably wind up being a pre-paid Tim Horton's gift card, or a pile of Canadian Tire money, but still....)

I love how the soap is for cleaning up after surgery. :)

There's gotta be a way to NAFTA trade that Canadian swag for the American stuff, The Crazed Spruce.  I have an old Mum living in poverty in Canada, and a Tim Horton's or Canadian Tire coupon might just make her day (provided she could get that far with her walker on a slow healing broken hip/pelvis).  Unfortunately, I have nothing to trade but my name  ...   :-)

Fox just sent out a box of food. One type of food for each show. I, naturally, grabbed The Simpsons box. 

zL3G0d7l.jpg

ICcK4eel.jpg

JAopfgDl.jpg

N1RRGSnl.jpg

Other ones were gumballs for The New Girl, Red Hots for Hell's Kitchen, mini Oreos for Gotham, yogurt covered pretzels for Bones, mini-candy burgers for Bob's Burgers and so on.  We'll be eating junk around the office for a good couple of weeks. 

ETA: The Mindy Project was M&Ms. That one got snagged about 3 seconds after it came out of the box, so I didn't have a chance to get a picture of it, let alone get my hands on some. I also noticed that the new shows got the bigger containers, so Gotham was the large container, but Bones was the smaller one.

Edited by JTMacc99
  • Like 5

Neat. It's got those colour-coded tags they use on medical files and everything. Nice touch.

A buddy of mine talked me into signing up with LootCrate a few months back, and they always have a piece or two of TV-related swag. The one I got last week had a replica lanyard and keycard from Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. I've gotta dig up a working camera, so I can post a picture.

• Like 1

Whee! None of this waiting until Sunday Night crap for me. 

The discs came with two different things from HBO. This one came with a bronze (copper?) tray. It's actually kind of odd.  Other ones came with the three Game of Thrones Pop Figures.

WFKrRx7h.jpg

• Like 1

Ooh. I am going to see if I can get my hands on that bar set.  The tarot cards would be nice second choice. You never know when a set of tarot cards could come in handy.