Galileo908

S26.E06: Simpsorama

Crossover time! From SNPP:

Bart blows his nose on a sandwich that he puts into a time capsule, which, when combined with Milhouse's rabbit's foot and radioactive slime, causes a nuclear catastrophe when it is opened 1000 years from now, resulting in Bender (yes, from Futurama) going back in time to kill Bart before he can cause the problem in the first place...and never mind that it been established in this series (in "Fraudcast News") that Futurama is fictional

Fry's dog!  I didn't watch Futurama that much but that clip STILL gets to me.  

Definitely enjoyed this one.  Though I'm confused: are Kang and Kodos married or just brother and sister?  

Edit: my brother decides NOW to play the episode of Seymour waiting for Fry on Netflix.  And I'm bawling.  He has been disowned.

Edited by mtlchick
  • Like 4

Man, that couch gag was...freaky. That's Hedonismbot for ya.

"Even God hates jazz!"

Loved Homer's "Hot To Read A Book in Bed" book.

Of course Bender and Homer would become fast friends. I'm pretty sure that Bender's Yaw calculations was from Futurama's side of the writing. Gotta love that this episode was both an homage to Gremlins and Back to the Future 2 (with Bender heading to the racetrack to bet on every sports event in the last 1000 years)

Loved all the shoutouts in both series! Pin Pals jerseys, Bart's old catchphrases (complete with El Barto at the end), "Skinner is a Weiner," Lrrr and Ndnd, Nibbler and his eating habits, and the holophoner in saxophone form.

Apparently Springfield is in New York, since we passed by Panucci's and Seymour. But shouldn't Seymour have not been there? Lars (back when he was still a paradox time duplicate of Fry) went back for him.

I really liked that ending, Kang and Kodos showing up on Omicron Persei 8 was the perfect freaking cameo.

Al Jean has confirmed that Bender will be shown in the basement (like the Olmec head) from now on. Hell yes.

• Like 4

Loved it. Loved every minute of it. Yeah, even the depressing glimpse of Seymour.

Though I'm confused: are Kang and Kodos married or just brother and sister?

Apparently they're both female. Who knew?

• Like 2

Fry's dog!  I didn't watch Futurama that much but that clip STILL gets to me.

Loved it. Loved every minute of it. Yeah, even the depressing glimpse of Seymour.

That shot of Seymour still waiting for Frye outside Panucci's  -- still brings a little tear to my eye.

• Like 1

That was awesome.  It was also better than Futurama's run on Comedy Central.

Loved the ending with Homer giving Bender beer, the Seymour reference, the freemium joke (and to think South Park did it on Wednesday), the Planet Express crew acknowledging they suck at their job, and the after end cameos of Kang, Kodos, Ndnd, and Lrrr the ruler of planet Omicron Persei 8.

• Like 1

When they opened Bender's lid to look at his hard drive, one of the things scribbled on the inside of the panel was IBM DO U? I was *dying*. 

I wish this was a longer one than just 20 minutes mainly because I wanted Amy and Zoidberg to have more to do, but it was fun. 

• Like 2

That was fun, and I will watch it again to catch all the background stuff I'm sure I missed.

Favorite part: Professors Frink and Farnsworth collaborating!

Wow, what a great ep, and to start it off with Hedonismbot as the Simpson sofa, genius! I heart Futurama so damn much and I still miss it, I quote it on a daily basis almost as much as I quote the Simpsons.

I seriously did not need to see Seymour outside of Panucci's again, in that one second cameo I seriously started to sniffle and had to turn away. Other than I loved everything else and will definitely re-watch it soon. For some reason Farnsworth and Frink collaborating tickled me and of course, Lrrr and Ndnd meeting up with the "Johnsons" at the end was Awesome.

Being a Tapped Out addict, I LOL'd at the freemium games rant. And when the ep ended and I was in such a good mood, promptly got on Tapped Out and watched Matt Groening attempt to erase Homer with a giant pencil. :-D

ETA Just remembered another of my fave scenes, Bender and Homer napping together in a bro-mance way and talking in their sleep:

Bender: Kill all humans.

Homer: Start with Flanders.

Bender: Kill all humans.
Homer: Start with Flanders.

Hee!!

Edited by Kaboom 2.0
  • Like 2

Being a Tapped Out addict, I LOL'd at the freemium games rant. And when the ep ended and I was in such a good mood, promptly got on Tapped Out and watched Matt Groening attempt to erase Homer with a giant pencil. :-D

My Creator is also chasing around my Homer also. I loved the rant too and it was my favorite part of a good episode.  Sky Finger is pleased.

It was a good one. Good set-up for the crossover in having something done that the future characters would have to fix. I have never watched anything more then a clip or two of Futurama, so I kinda feel I didn't get as much out of it as I could. Did they even give names for most of the Futurama characters?

Loved it! Though I wish this had been an hour (40 min with commercials) like the Family Guy crossover.

My favorite bit (besides Seymour still waiting for Fry) was the billboard that read: Canyonaro hybrid Now gets 11 MPG

• Like 2

...Am I the only one who didn't get why the dog didn't recognize Fry when he walked by? Do i nor get it because I didn't watch a whole lot of Futurama?

I really liked this. "The Show that has run out of ideas meets the show that has run out of episodes." More than the Family Guy crossover, this felt more fitting somehow. Family Guy felt like it was forcing itself into the Simpsons mold, whereas Simpsorama felt more like a merging between the two (granted with a few clunky parts, some of which could be due to having only a half hour). I really wish this could have been the hour long crossover.

Lots of nods and pokes at the history of both shows, and Groening's work in general, and tonnes of background stuff that I'm sure I missed. Loved Homer and Bender's bro-ro-mance, and how nice it ended. I might be wrong, but won't this be the second time Bender's gone back to 3k the long way? (This time he has his whole body; I think last time it was just his head wasn't it?)

One missed opportunity thought. A few eps back, they had the big Couch Gag of Simpsons through the years; it would've been great if they could've had a couple of Futurama-ized Simspons around what would be the 3000 era as they jumped ahead. (Maybe put their heads in jars for a couple of frames? :) )

• Like 1

I've got Grow-ning running around attempting to erase Homer as well. I go by same name on Tapped Out should anybody be looking for another friend.

Apparently they're both female. Who knew?

My kids asked me if they were both girls. My answer was, I think they are both boys and girls at the same time.  To which my children responded, "That's weird." Indeed, which I why I said it and kind of think I might be right.

I freaking loved this episode. "Start with Flanders." Heh.

• Like 1

Pretty fun episode. I have seen enough futurama to get most of the jokes. Too bad they couldn't have squeezed some Zap Brannigan in there.

That said (and if I may geek out a little) there was a simpsons/futurama comic that came out years ago (at least 10) and there was a letter in it (I think from Matt Groening) where he talked about how he really struggled to figure out a way to mix the two worlds, because Futurama isn't really the future of the world of the simpsons (Fry is basically a modern day human who looks nothing like the design of anyone from the simpsons). I think in the comic he made it so that the The Simpsons was a TV show from Fry's time. For this episode I am kind of glad they just ignored any of those issues and focused on being funny. Trying to explain things would just waste time.

I also thought it was cool to see how the rabbits in the future started to look like the rabbits from Life in Hell.