Lisin

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

4 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I call bullshit. A pill is going to take more than 15 minutes to start working.

If he could even get it down her throat, which is questionable.

There were medics there. I'm going to take an educated guess and say the maybe medics treated her with a shot. She sounded fuzzy about the details, which seems reasonable to me. But I don't think she faked it.

• Like 6

She didn't fake it  unless the hospital she says she stayed at is ok with her publically lying about being admitted in the ER and in the ICU. Also, for Bethenny to get away with this lie, every single reporter of this story is either lying or is so incompetent that they didn't do any follow up at all. Since parties involved like the hospital, and Bethenny, and Bethenny's guy can sue if a completely false story is given to the public, I think it's fair to say Bethenny was indeed hospitalized recently for the fish allergy.

It's honestly too easily proven a lie for someone to have not already checked it out. I mean, shit really, you think Dr. Oz doesn't have staff research check into this?

• Like 8

There is no way to do background checks or investigate anyone's medical information due to privacy laws. Any hospital or doctor would never be able to comment at all.

Anyhow, with her without her allergy problems, she is still insufferable and starved for attention.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

There is no way to do background checks or investigate anyone's medical information due to privacy laws. Any hospital or doctor would never be able to comment at all.

Not true. A person can waive HIPAA's privacy provisions any time they want to and allow their medical information to be shared for some reason. It's done every day when someone wants another doctor or their attorney or a family member to have access to certain information in their medical file. Bethenny could easily grant Dr. Oz similar permission if she chose.

Actually, I would guess that many of Dr. Oz's guests waive their right to medical privacy in order to allow him access to their records so he can understand their case and discuss it on his show. So it's something he is probably very familiar with and would have had no problem requiring of Bethenny if he had any doubts about her story.

• Like 6

Out of curiosity I googled "miso soup fish stock". While I know nothing about Japanese cooking, it appears that fish stock (and sometimes even fish sauce) is an ingredient in some types of miso soup.  Perhaps that's what Bethenny got. 

Now let's do the math ---

We've  known about her fish allergy for a while.

We know allergies can get worse over time, sometimes (in some people) progressing from mild all the way to anaphylaxis with repeated exposure.

So the idea that her existing fish allergy got worse over time and she recently had a severe reaction (because it got worse over time) is plausible.

It's also possible to be an attention whore and have a progressing-in-severity allergy to fish.

Everybody wins! ;) 

• Like 16

33 minutes ago, Jel said:

It's also possible to be an attention whore and have a progressing-in-severity allergy to fish.

Everybody wins! ;) 

Ha! Yeah I knew someone who was called “Cindy* Allergic To Shellfish” because that’s basically how she introduced herself: “I’m Cindy. I’m allergic to shellfish.”

• Like 9
  • Laugh 1

6 hours ago, Jel said:

Everybody wins! ;)

Well, except Bethenny.

Attention whores never get enough of what they need.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Like 5

She may well have had an allergic reaction to fish stock.  However, she has always been the great exaggerator and I just can't help but give a side eye to the rest of the story.  Sure, she may well have been taken to the hospital and was given a shot along the way but the whole I thought I was having a stroke and I almost died?  She has always been the girl who cried wolf.  Intensive care?  Maybe, but she does tend to panic.  Was ICU (if she was indeed there) for the reaction to the fish or a panic attack.  This is the same person who was hysterical on instagram over her dog instead of getting her help.  This is the same person who was 'lost' at sea and was bleeding 'everywhere'.  I could go on. 

And now we get to see another season of RHNY with Beth sobbing about 'poor me'.  Gosh.  This woman craves attention.

• Like 10

I guess all that I have to say right now is "Poor, poor Paul"  or maybe not. Can he really have no idea about what is really going on with the woman who he fed fish soup to? Does he not read the cheap tabloids in which she is a star?

I have a feeling that he and Jason are going to be best friends soon enough.

Bethenny, like the rest of the housewives under Andy, will never be more than a "Bravo Housewife". She wants so much to be more than than that. Not going to happen.

Luann is so caught up in her Countess/Cabaret Celebrity persona, but just like Beth, they will never be more than just "housewives".  This is true for them all. 

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Luann is so caught up in her Countess/Cabaret Celebrity persona

Her Instagram account, which I am going to have to give up for my own sanity, oozes of egomania.  I realize that these folks use their social media for a marketing tool/income generator, but geebus, tell that intern to find the humility key.

• Like 8

Now, I'm well aware that allergies can get worse over time. That said, if this is something that she has been struggling with since she was a child, then I have to doubt her recommendation.

hl5wkkxgx8e21.jpg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Now, I'm well aware that allergies can get worse over time. That said, if this is something that she has been struggling with since she was a child, then I have to doubt her recommendation.

hl5wkkxgx8e21.jpg

There are so many examples of her preparing / eating fish given by Danny Pellegrino's recent instastory. Bethenny preparing sushi, eating tuna, sea bass for her birthday. There is no way that she has been allergic since birth like she claims. Why would you purposely ingest something that you are allergic to? Since birth? C'mon! Isn't an allergy something that you avoid?

If I was allergic to nuts since birth, I sure as hell would not be eating peanut butter cookies for my birthday.

She just destroys her credibility every time she opens her mouth.

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Like 14

7 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

hl5wkkxgx8e21.jpg

I can't speak for their tuna salad, but their whitefish salad and various smoked salmons are really darn great.

• Like 8

17 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

There are so many examples of her preparing / eating fish given by Danny Pellegrino's recent instastory. Bethenny preparing sushi, eating tuna, sea bass for her birthday. There is no way that she has been allergic since birth like she claims. Why would you purposely ingest something that you are allergic to? Since birth? C'mon! Isn't an allergy something that you avoid?

If I was allergic to nuts since birth, I sure as hell would not be eating peanut butter cookies for my birthday.

From what I know anecdotally, people seem to have them from birth OR pick them up later. I’ve personally never heard of anaphylactic reactions waxing and waning throughout the course of someone’s life. Back when I was a kid I heard about some allergies having a 7-year cycle, but I don’t know how true that is. Certainly not true for my tree nut allergy. There wasn’t as much research or attention to this when I was a kid. 

I *have* had food allergies go away—but they were for foods that gave me a rash or congestion, not anaphylaxis. Don’t screw around with anaphylaxis.

Here’s what FARE (Food Allergy Resource and Education) has to say:

Can a person outgrow their food allergies?
Peanut, tree nut, fish and shellfish allergies usually are lifelong. Milk, egg, wheat and soy allergies usually begin in childhood and eventually may be outgrown.

If I think I or my child has outgrown an allergy to a food, is it okay to try a small amount of that food?
No. Only your allergist can test for this. For more information on tests for food allergies, visit
www.foodallergy.org/diagnosis-and-testing.

Source

I’ll say I’m grateful for organizations like FARE. And most countries are getting hip to allergy. I traveled to Israel a few years ago and was nervous because all that I read online was that people there had little understanding of allergy as it wasn’t all that prevalent. That info was about 2-5 years old at that point. But by the time I went, it seemed like most people got it and no one treated me like I was rude for declining food due to allergy (believe me, it happens). That’s a big shift for a culture in a short period of time.

• Like 6

There is not doubt in my mind that her anxiety is in a crazy spiral of worrying about her own mortality. There is the overdose of her boyfriend, and the fear and worry of leaving this earth and Brynn only having "those people" from Hazelton. She is a ridiculous exaggerator so her anxiety has grown the story into a monster naturally there is NO way it's true as she tells it. I am only surprised in her restraint in not blaming Jason for intentional poisonization.   Next, food tasters if she does not have them already. The Skinnygirl will have some expendable Fatgirl with a fish allergy that no one will miss because she isn't worthy because she isn't skinny. 

Hate the B. #sorrynotsorry #lovedthefishpuns 

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Alonzo Mosely FBI said:

There is not doubt in my mind that her anxiety is in a crazy spiral of worrying about her own mortality. There is the overdose of her boyfriend, and the fear and worry of leaving this earth and Brynn only having "those people" from Hazelton.

Agreed! A few pages back, some of us talked about how a panic attack can mimic the first stages of anaphylaxis. I AM NOT SAYING SHE DOESN'T HAVE A REAL ISSUE, but that anxiety can be at play here.

• Like 13

On 2/2/2019 at 6:44 PM, Happy Camper said:

People do stupid things all the time.  I have a staff member who is allergic to all nuts.  She isn't careful and will eat food that has it in them if she likes it.  She came in one day after eating a ton of food she shouldn't, had had to use her epi pen in the middle of the night, yet she was still here.  I hope she takes better care of herself but most of the time she is willing to suffer the mildish reactions.  She is young so my guess is it will get worse as she ages.  MAYBE this is the same with B.  It was unpleasant yet not deadly until it was.

• Like 2

I think Frankel's Mr Right (Now) needs help in the taste department - this looks like it belongs on top of a Victorian baby coffin, imo.

frankl ehearts.jpg

Edited by film noire
  • Like 7
  • Laugh 15

It's going to be creepy watching Bethenny sob on camera about her unbounded grief (will she be wearing the engagement ring she wore to custody court, I wonder?) even as she's posting photos like this of the insta-replacement she found. (And those hearts - really? -- jesus, they look like the moment in the movie when the Glenn Close knock-off character reveals her Photo Wall of Obsession.)

frankel and paul.jpg

Dear Diary,

When Dennis overdosed,  my profound grief kept me from  drawing even a single breath -- unlike his wife, who was filling her lungs all over the place, oxygen slut that she is  -- but only a few weeks later, I was all "Dennis, who? Wevs!" when Paul walked into my world! Turns out, I really am better at everything than everybody! That's why I've decided to write my next book:  Unleashing your Grinnygirl: How to Blow Off The Dead Love of Your Life  In Six Weeks or Less!  Pre-order now on Amazon! Happy Valentine's Day!

Edited by film noire
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 12

What makes this especially humorous to me was how when I mentioned, in defense of the idea that Jill Shields wasn't exactly Dennis Shields's devoted wife, that Jill was a rarity in being that devoted wife and having her boyfriend of two years at her side as she grieved, I was told that if Jill had someone to support her then good on Jill and thank god she had support as she was *the wife grieving*...

My point, I suppose, is that if Bethenny has no right to display her grief as she was an on again, off again girlfriend, then I am not sure why - since her grief is wrong and not acceptable, her moving on and NOT wearing black for the rest of her life is also wrong.

I mean, I assume Jill isn't wrong to have that boyfriend... and she was the wife!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Rap541 said:

What makes this especially humorous to me was how when I mentioned, in defense of the idea that Jill Shields wasn't exactly Dennis Shields's devoted wife, that Jill was a rarity in being that devoted wife and having her boyfriend of two years at her side as she grieved, I was told that if Jill had someone to support her then good on Jill and thank god she had support as she was *the wife grieving*...

My point, I suppose, is that if Bethenny has no right to display her grief as she was an on again, off again girlfriend, then I am not sure why - since her grief is wrong and not acceptable, her moving on and NOT wearing black for the rest of her life is also wrong.

I mean, I assume Jill isn't wrong to have that boyfriend... and she was the wife!

I think the difference is that Jill wasn't spilling her story all over Bravo like Bethenny is. This whole "the only way for me to get off of the ride was for Dennis to die" story is the worst BS storyline that I have ever seen except for Taylor when Russell committed suicide. Sick.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

I think the difference is that Jill wasn't spilling her story all over Bravo like Bethenny is. This whole "the only way for me to get off of the ride was for Dennis to die" story is the worst BS storyline that I have ever seen except for Taylor when Russell committed suicide. Sick.

Happy Camper, could you please remind me how the show handled the Russell suicide? Many thanks!

• Useful 2

1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Happy Camper, could you please remind me how the show handled the Russell suicide? Many thanks!

https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-real-housewives-of-beverly-hills-season-2-taylor-and-russell-armstrongs-riveting-story

We will see how Bethenny presents her story this season. This is all that we have for now:

“There was a lot in my mind about him dying,” Bethenny, 48, says in the teaser. “I could not get off the ride. I feel guilty that the only way I could get off the ride is that he’s dead.”

Edited by Happy Camper
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Sounds pretty familiar to many of us who have dealt with the very uncomfortable yet undeniable feelings that crop up after a loved one who has struggled with addiction dies. 

I'm hoping it will be a small part of her storyline this season because I'm not in the mood, but that's a pretty familiar reaction and survivors feel a lot of guilt over feeling even an ounce of that. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 2

On 2/14/2019 at 5:54 AM, film noire said:

I think Frankel's Mr Right (Now) needs help in the taste department - this looks like it belongs on top of a Victorian baby coffin, imo.

frankl ehearts.jpg

Why did he give her a box of rock salt / ice melt?  And why is it being held over a ledge?  Am I missing something?  Is this a NYC thing that I’m too simple to understand?

Edited by geauxaway
  • Like 9
  • Laugh 3

On 2/14/2019 at 6:54 AM, film noire said:

frankl ehearts.jpg

Pink with red makes me wince. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, geauxaway said:

Why did he give her a box of rock salt / ice melt?  And why is it being held over a ledge?  Am I missing something?  Is this a NYC thing that I’m too simple to understand?

If my husband gave me that thing all I could do was think about the actual nice things he could have bought me instead. Such a fugly arrangement!

• Like 6

On 2/14/2019 at 6:54 AM, film noire said:

frankl ehearts.jpg

Nothing says "I love you" quite like giving a funeral arrangement to your girlfriend whose most recent boyfriend and soulmate died the month before you hooked up.

Is he in psychology? Maybe he wants her to break down so he can comfort her?

Is this new guy married too? I thought I read that somewhere.

• Like 3
  • Laugh 5

19 hours ago, film noire said:

It's going to be creepy watching Bethenny sob on camera about her unbounded grief (will she be wearing the engagement ring she wore to custody court, I wonder?) even as she's posting photos like this of the insta-replacement she found. (And those hearts - really? -- jesus, they look like the moment in the movie when the Glenn Close knock-off character reveals her Photo Wall of Obsession.)

frankel and paul.jpg

Dear Diary,

When Dennis overdosed,  my profound grief kept me from  drawing even a single breath -- unlike his wife, who was filling her lungs all over the place, oxygen slut that she is  -- but only a few weeks later, I was all "Dennis, who? Wevs!" when Paul walked into my world! Turns out, I really am better at everything than everybody! That's why I've decided to write my next book:  Unleashing your Grinnygirl: How to Blow Off The Dead Love of Your Life  In Six Weeks or Less!  Pre-order now on Amazon! Happy Valentine's Day!

She looks like Michael Jackson.  And that’s the new guy?  Huh.  He looks a little twinkish.  Did Andy find him for her? 

Soooo looking forward to a season of her sobbing over Denny the druggie and her near death fish phobia.  Not.  

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6

14 hours ago, Otherkate said:

Sounds pretty familiar to many of us who have dealt with the very uncomfortable yet undeniable feelings that crop up after a loved one who has struggled with addiction dies. 

I'm hoping it will be a small part of her storyline this season because I'm not in the mood, but that's a pretty familiar reaction and survivors feel a lot of guilt over feeling even an ounce of that. 

Yeah, that sounds like a normal reaction and considering it was likely when filming started... I don't know if I find it over the top.

I do agree that I really don't want a lot of dwelling on Dennis on the show. It can't go unmentioned but it's also a show with five or six or seven housewives so surely there's some *other* storyline to deal with. I mean, didn't Luann get sued by her kids and relapse? Didn't Sonya "accidently" walk naked somewhere? Didn't Dorinda cut a bitch during some mafia hit?

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

7 minutes ago, Rap541 said:

Yeah, that sounds like a normal reaction and considering it was likely when filming started... I don't know if I find it over the top.

I do agree that I really don't want a lot of dwelling on Dennis on the show. It can't go unmentioned but it's also a show with five or six or seven housewives so surely there's some *other* storyline to deal with. I mean, didn't Luann get sued by her kids and relapse? Didn't Sonya "accidently" walk naked somewhere? Didn't Dorinda cut a bitch during some mafia hit?

Wait? Did this happen during the season and I forgot, or after and I missed it.

• Laugh 1

1 hour ago, geauxaway said:

She looks like Michael Jackson.  And that’s the new guy?  Huh.  He looks a little twinkish.  Did Andy find him for her? 

Soooo looking forward to a season of her sobbing over Denny the druggie and her near death fish phobia.  Not.  

Oh, my gosh! She DOES look like Michael Jackson!

And also, yes, this guy has a twink vibe!

• Laugh 1

On 2/15/2019 at 4:40 PM, Happy Camper said:

I agree.  Bad enough Frankel went to the funeral over the objections of the family, bad enough she was posting comments after his death about how much greater her loss was ("my grief for Dennis is so minty-fresh due to our recent attachment!!") but to make it part of RHONY is beyond fucking debased. Tell a (real) therapist in private, not on video tape for public consumption.  

And I wonder what the daughter Frankel called to provide "proof" (during that reunion) will make of Bethenny using her father's death as red meat for ratings & attention. Her father's fiancee/love of his life/girlfriend -- whatever label du jour Frankel is using -- sobbing about feeling guilty her father had to die for Frankel to run free.  What a thing to have to hear.  And after this massive display of loss from Bethenny  -- being photographed at the funeral and grief-tweeting and grief-dieting and media stories about her supposed engagment to Dennis and now sobbing for the Bravo cameras -- less than three months later, she's  bringing a new dude on vacation with Bryn (I make all my uncles their drinks!)  and we're all supposed to watch her emo-vomit on camera without sideyeing the fuck out of her sincerity? 

Whatever -- I suppose nobody should be surprised she went this low -- she pissed on a stick for the cameras; why wouldn't she publicly piss on the memory of someone she claimed to love? 

@geauxaway

Preach! 

Everything else aside, it's just too fucking dark for what I think RHONY is, at its best:  a light-hearted, quick-paced NYC show with moments of high drama and plenty of low comedy. 

Edited by film noire
  • Like 11

7 hours ago, Rap541 said:

No, I was just making shit up, ShawnaLanne. Except the Luann stuff but isn't weird how plausible the other things are?

Not at all. I was hoping I'd missed something I could Google.

• Laugh 1

On 2/15/2019 at 2:45 PM, film noire said:

frankel and paul.jpg

Dear Diary,

That was quick.  How old is this guy?

Edited by Gem 10
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 1

23 hours ago, geauxaway said:

She’s probably allergic to these flowers also, so keeps them outside.  Or, people landing at LaGuardia get a glimpse of rich peoples flowers on a ledge. Lol.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

2 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

Those are just as bad as Tinsley's arrangement in Mexico! Only B's are in an airtight container. WHY???? I'd take a hammer to that display of fuckery.

Haha, I don’t get the idea of those flowers.  You can’t put them in a vase .... I’d be afraid of them all locked up like that.  Orchids in the middle too.  Creepy.  I like one rose from CVS, that’s it.

• Like 2