SilverStormm

Halloween Wars

Someone mentioned on facebook that they should have some type of voting system for the public to choose the winners. That would be pretty awesome! However, you would get votes from people crushin' on certain contestants (Shelby! Shelby! Shelby!) too, I'm sure.  : P

Seriously though, I thought both final pieces were kinda neck-and-neck. Zesty Zombies had a piece that was loaded with activity, probably too much activity, but their creature was, to me, almost lost in all the colors.

Candied Cadavers' piece felt kinda empty in the background, but their creature was pretty awesome. If I had to choose, I probably would have given the slight nod to Candied Cadavers.

I do agree that some of the pieces seemed a little lackluster compared to previous campaigns. Some years are better than others, some worse.

I wonder if they could tweak some of the format. Maybe offer bigger prizes, MULTIPLE prizes? $50,000.00 after taxes is roughly 35 grand, then split three ways. Ehhhhh...

They should have a random selection option at times, where teams can create whatever they want, in secret. That would be pretty cool!

Edited by BurntWaffle
  • Like 3

What an underwhelming finale. I didn't object to any of the remaining bakers, but all the pieces in this episode were just meh. Zesty Zombies was kind of a mess, but Candied Cadavers seemed too plain.

I'm sure this show doesn't bring in the millions, but I agree a bigger prize would be better. I might be a party of one, but I have never heard of the finale guest judge either.

I had to laugh at Orly still "yelling" at everyone though, lol.

Please NO public voting! :) That never ends well on any show that I watch, ha.

Onto the Holiday show, I guess!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

I'm sure this show doesn't bring in the millions, but I agree a bigger prize would be better. I might be a party of one, but I have never heard of the finale guest judge either.

I don't think anyone had ever heard of her. They were all going through the motions like she was Elvira or something. *L*

• Like 9

4 hours ago, BurntWaffle said:

Someone mentioned on facebook that they should have some type of voting system for the public to choose the winners. That would be pretty awesome! However, you would get votes from people crushin' on certain contestants (Shelby! Shelby! Shelby!) too, I'm sure.  : P

Seriously though, I thought both final pieces were kinda neck-and-neck. Zesty Zombies had a piece that was loaded with activity, probably too much activity, but their creature was, to me, almost lost in all the colors.

Candied Cadavers' piece felt kinda empty in the background, but their creature was pretty awesome. If I had to choose, I probably would have given the slight nod to Candied Cadavers.

I do agree that some of the pieces seemed a little lackluster compared to previous campaigns. Some years are better than others, some worse.

I wonder if they could tweak some of the format. Maybe offer bigger prizes, MULTIPLE prizes? $50,000.00 after taxes is roughly 35 grand, then split three ways. Ehhhhh...

They should have a random selection option at times, where teams can create whatever they want, in secret. That would be pretty cool!

I love the idea that the finale allows the finalists the freedom to tell whatever story they want with whatever characters they want. Screw the small scare totally in the finale. Just give them extra time to create their own scenario.

• Like 4

I was underwhelmed with many of the "creations" this season.  However, I felt that the theme for the final challenge really wasn't representative of Halloween.  Yes, since The Walking Dead debuted, I get tons of trick-or-treaters who are dressed as some sort of zombie.  But, a zombie outbreak doesn't really coincide with Halloween in my opinion.  I would have preferred a more "traditional" Halloween theme.  I guess that does make me a traditionalist.  Who knew?

• Like 3

I was rooting for the team with the bi-colored hair lady to lose solely for her incessant “Orly (? I’m still not sure if that is his name) has laryngitis” commentary.

I actually hated both their final concepts because they were rather uninspired and they could have been so much more creative with an outbreak concept.  And I agree with all of you...TF does that have to do with Halloween?

Todd seems like a bit of a wet blanket sometimes so it was cute to see him playing along with Jonathan’s nonsense.

• Like 2