Lantern7

The Speculation Thread

Press release for "The End Of Serialization As We Know It." This might mean Matt & Trey are abandoning season-long storylines. Or maybe they'll elect to call it a series after twenty seasons. Given how much shit 2016 has given us, could you blame them? I imagine them popping up at the end of the episode, doing the clapping/gesturing Token did during the LOTR homage.

ETA: The synopsis has Kyle rallying the kids, which might mean the return of Stan and Kenny. And I just made this poster for the Motivation thread.

• Like 1

Dang, I have to remember to check the site on Mondays. I was thinking that the guys would break from current events, given that they don't want to go near the biggest topic in the past few years. The big question is whether we'll be getting another season-long arc. I'm good either way, truth be told.

• Like 1

Press release for "Holiday Special" is up.

NEW YORK, September 25, 2017 – An undeniable bond is formed in an all-new episode of South Park entitled “Holiday Special” on Wednesday, September 27 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

In a return to form, a forbidden love story between a white man and a Native American man unfolds. However, the boys story exploits people’s misery for laughs.
4 ½ out of 5 stars. A-

Here's what gets me:  One of the boys has a phone and towel in hand, suggesting that he's making a call and muffling his voice. The funny part? It's Kenny.

• Like 2

No press release this week, and "Holiday Special" will air on Wednesday night. A break would explain why we got a Columbus Day-themed episode that early.

No press release yet, but I found this link.

Official Description

Beloved entertainers are being cut down in their prime due to massive overdoses of opiates. Stan is about to be exposed as the source of the illegal drugs.

Characters listed: Stan and Marvin Marsh. When was the last time Grandpa had any lines? Also, does he have enough marbles to realize what an utter dipshit his son turned out to be?

Here's the page for the current season. The next episode's title: "Sons A Witches." Halloween ep! And when was the last time we saw the Goth kids? Also, it looks like there will be two off-weeks: November 1 and November 22.

ETA: I typed in "Sons A Witches" and I got this page. "At the annual Halloween get together, a witch casts a spell that terrorizes everyone in South Park." My guess? It's more like a Wiccan, and everybody freaks the fuck out for little reason.

Episode description for "Doubling Down":

Kyle is playing with fire when he gets in the middle of Cartman and Heidi’s relationship.

Best guess? Kyle makes a play for Heidi, which means Cartman has to stake his claim even though he is so over her. And Heidi will stand by her boyfriend, even though he willfully set her up to be kidnapped by a man-witch.

10 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Episode description for "Doubling Down":

Best guess? Kyle makes a play for Heidi, which means Cartman has to stake his claim even though he is so over her. And Heidi will stand by her boyfriend, even though he willfully set her up to be kidnapped by a man-witch.

I'd guess Kyle tries to talk to Heidi and/or Cartman about Cartman's treatment of Heidi.  I haven't seen any romantic interest toward Heidi on Kyle's part.

Next episode: "Moss Piglets." Then we get a two-week break before the final two episodes. Will the season end with Heidi kicking Cartman in the balls so hard that he achieves a lot of hang time? Probably not. In the meantime, here's what we got coming this Wednesday:

Jimmy and Timmy’s experiment could win them first prize in the annual science fair.

When was the last time Timmy was front and center? Gotta be "Handicar," right?

ETA: Here's the press release. Say it with me: "MIMSSSSSSSSSSYYYYY!!!!"

• Like 1

On 11/13/2017 at 2:00 AM, Lantern7 said:

Will the season end with Heidi kicking Cartman in the balls so hard that he achieves a lot of hang time? Probably not.

Well, if you substitute "Heidi and Cartman" with "Sheila and Gerald" that was my hope for last season.  My hopes are not high for either scenario this year either.

• Like 1

Anybody else thinking Heidi will die by season's end? Because, nature abhors a vacuum, and I bet it really fucking hates two Cartmans (Cartmen?) running around South Park. Also, it's a shame we didn't get a follow-up on how she's so smart, aside from her (initially) volunteering to judge the science fair.

"Okay, listen up. I just found a little information about the penultimate episode. That means 'next-to-last.' Please do not use it to trigger anybody who isn't a fan of the series. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to figure out a way to 'fix' Heidi. Mr. Mackey suggested throwing her under the bus, but that didn't work for Eric."

SUPER HARD PCness

It’s never been more challenging to be a PC Principal.

PS: I can't really channel PCP. I mean, I could do a reasonable version of him voice, but I'm unable to do it through typing.

ETA: Press release has been . . . well . . . released.

NEW YORK, November 27, 2017 – It’s never been more challenging to be a PC Principal in an all-new episode titled “SUPER HARD PCness” on Wednesday, November 29 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

PC Principal is wrestling with some unfamiliar feelings. Meanwhile, boys will be boys except for Kyle who, for the first time, seems to see things differently from the rest of his friends.

Any guesses on the latter? I don't think Kyle will go through a "You're Getting Older" phase, but I can never predict where the series goes.

• Like 1

Maybe the guilt of covering for his father will start catching up with Kyle. I'm guessing the "boys will be boys" reference might allude to Kyke seeing that the way girls are being treated is not ok. Just a guess.

Gerald will never get comeuppance for last season. For goodness sake, another war is breaking out, and nobody remembers that Sheila did the same thing. I think Gerald would have to redo Season 20 four or five times to reach the body count from the movie.

Once again, I think that Matt & Trey are reaching for the reset button. Once again, I'm probably wrong. But I feel that echoing the movie might be a sign that the guys are suggesting that everything has been done and unofficially reboot the franchise. That would also gently jab The Simpsons. I figure Heidi will live, even though she really needs a reboot. Liking Cartman is okay; becoming Cartman in unthinkable.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2017 at 11:54 PM, Lantern7 said:

Gerald will never get comeuppance for last season. For goodness sake, another war is breaking out, and nobody remembers that Sheila did the same thing. I think Gerald would have to redo Season 20 four or five times to reach the body count from the movie.

Once again, I think that Matt & Trey are reaching for the reset button. Once again, I'm probably wrong. But I feel that echoing the movie might be a sign that the guys are suggesting that everything has been done and unofficially reboot the franchise. That would also gently jab The Simpsons. I figure Heidi will live, even though she really needs a reboot. Liking Cartman is okay; becoming Cartman in unthinkable.

Oh I know that Gerald will probably never get comeuppance.  It's just not hard to get my hopes up.

But I think everyone does remember Sheila's war with Canada, considering how Stan tried to talk Kyle down by telling him he really WAS acting like his mother when he was basically declaring war on Canada -- oh, excuse me, "Canadian culture."  Plus, at the end of the movie, Satan brought everyone killed in the war back to life, and unless they really do hit the reset button next week, I doubt that any of the people that died because of Gerald will be so fortunate.

@Spartan Girl: I also hope that Ike isn't relegated to the attic (or at least the house) like in the movie. On the other hand, I wouldn't want him to suddenly appear in the third act, all, "Kyle, what the fuck is wrong with you?" That would sound funny with the kid voice, but it would be too . ..  tropey? Could that be a word?

• Like 1

Comedy Central leaked a little information sooner than usual.

The children of South Park claim to have seen Mr. Garrison lurking around town. The townspeople are angry that the President is scaring their children.

So . . . bang or whimper? Will the second American/Canadian War be averted? Will Kyle be redeemed, or will he get comeuppance for his actions, plus those that his father never got? Will Garrison still be president, or will he get separated from his real-life counterpart? And will Heidi become Heidi once again?

ETA: Here's the press release, with a picture of the boys and Heidi. And Heidi is looking out over a bridge. To quote an all-too-familiar character: "Oh, geez!"

The bridge looks like the one Heidi threw her phone over last season. Maybe she gets it back and becomes her old self again?

I would love to think that karma may somehow finally bite Gerald in the ass, but I'd rather not get burned again.

I really hope this is about misunderstanding and overreaction, because Priest Maxie tried to change Catholic doctrine to prevent sexual assault. Almost killed himself going through levels of Pitfall to boot.

• Like 1

Checked Wikipedia. Turns out that two episodes of South Park have aired on Halloween . . . but neither of them were really about Halloween: "Imaginationland Episode III" (2007) and "A Scause for Applause" (2012).

Fuuuuuuuuuccck. I know the guys like being contrarian, but “Manbearpig” was bad to watch, even with the money shot of Cartman pooping plastic treasure in one burst.

Bad news . . . right now (past 1 a.m. on the East Coast), we have an episode title ("Nobody Got Cereal?"), but the link to the press release isn't up. Just a pic of the boys behind bars, with Kenny on what appears to be the only cot.

Do you guys think Grandpa Marsh really is involved in the coming of MBP? Or was the final scene misdirection?

ETA: Found a clip. Randy has the RDR2 monkey on his back as well.

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Is it wrong I hope Yates gets eaten by Manbearpig? I'd rather have Officer Barbrady back.

I'm good with Yates. As South Park grew as an environment, it needed an actual police force, as opposed to one bumbling illiterate dummy. So we got Yates . . . the guy who's overworked, overstressed, his highers-up are on his ass, and the one person that can center him is his Irish wife. I'd like if Barbrady were put in for keeps, but I'm good with the current setup.

Prediction: Yates comes home to find Manbearpig playing his game of Red Dead Redemption 2. Too obvious?

Oh, and we're getting ten episodes this year, right? If Matt & Trey come back next year, they would reach the 300th episode plateau within three weeks. I will say "200" and "201" would be really hard to top.

• Like 1

So much for my theory. ?

Back to the topic: there are three episodes left, right? I’m wondering when the guys would take a week off. It’ll be four weeks since their first one next week. Also: will any of the previous episodes’ threads be resolved by the finale? Last season was okay by me, in the sense that there wasn’t a full-on seralized arc. Garrison was an asshole, Kyle got thousands of Canadians killed, Cartman was the absolute worst boyfriend.

No new episode this week.?‍♂️

ETA: I posted with the iPad, ending it with the “guy shrugging” emoticon. Apparently, that shows up as “A, space, male symbol.”

Edited by Lantern7
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

No new episode this week.?‍♂️

Doesn't look like it.  Not surprising since Thanksgiving is the next day and a lot of people travel on Wednesday.