Lantern7

The Speculation Thread

I figured that we need a general speculation thread, what with the new season kicking off this Wednesday. I know that I'll be checking the show's site for information on episodes every week.

Obvious question: how will Matt & Trey start the season? With ISIS? Scottish independence movement? Roger Goodell and the NFL? I don't think the last one would be in play; the NFL was spoofed in "Sarcastaball."

ETA: The NFL it is in "Go Fund Yourself." Looks like I was wrong in thinking the NFL wasn't the gift that keeps on giving.

I would if they are going to do the uproar over the Michael Brown shooting.  They did sort of do the same with World War Zimmerman, but you never know...

I would love to see them reference Guardians of the Galaxy.  And more Game of Thrones references is always welcome.

I think Game of Thrones is officially played out, as far as promoting The Stick Of Truth is concerned. I do wonder what Cartman would play if they decided to go the GOTG route. Star-Lord? Rocket Raccoon? He's got the costume already. 

Preview of the season premiere, from the AV Club. It's the shit-eating grin from Cartman that makes it work.

At some point in the show, I would love it if the guys finally decided it was time to take down Butters' horrible parents.  Either by calling Social Services or having a future version of Mysterion come back from the future to kill Butters' parents and stop them from abusing him into a fully-fledged eviler version of Professor Chaos.

• Like 1

There's no press release about Wednesday's episode, but there is a clip. When was the last time Mr. Garrison was front-and-center, plot-wise?

I clicked that link.  They made me agree to new terms and conditions.  I'm feeling a little queasy over what I might have just agreed to in a very HUMANCENTiPAD kind of way.

• Like 1

From CC.com, here's the synopsis for "The City Part Of Town":

The town of South Park is about to be rewarded for the great strides it’s made in becoming more up-to-date in an all-new episode titled “The City Part of Town” on Wednesday, September 30 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

As the town is gentrifying around him, Kenny attempts to climb out of the cycle of poverty by taking a job at City Wok.

How long has it been since we got a Kenny-based episode?

Aww, no new episode this week. Well, I guess it's good they're not rushing to churn out a new episode every week, but this season has been so good so far that it's hard not to go through withdrawal.

I can't believe there are only four episodes left. How are they going to wrap up the PC storyline?

• Like 1

I think they have to get rid of PC Principal by the end of the season, and I think it's going to be Cartman's master plan that will somehow involved Whole Foods blowing up.

From CC.com:

NEW YORK, November 9, 2015 – When Kenny leads the boys in playing Ninja Warriors, a foreign terrorist organization takes notice in an all-new episode of “South Park” titled “Naughty Ninjas” on Wednesday, November 11 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

The ever more PC citizens of South Park decide that they no longer need a police force. As the first American town to get rid of their cops, they plan to celebrate their advanced sensibilities with a PC Carnival.

I'm hoping this is based on American Ninja Warrior, though the picture from the link says something else.

From CC.com:

NEW YORK, November 16, 2015 – PC Principal‘s façade begins to crumble on an all-new episode of “South Park” titled “Sponsored Content on Wednesday, November 18 at 10:00 p.m. ET/PT on Comedy Central.

Jimmy is sent to the principal’s office for using an inappropriate word in the school paper. His integrity as a newsman runs head on into PC Principals ideology. Will Jimmy be the undoing of PC Principal?

Here's the link. I can't read the headline on the newspaper. Can anybody make it out?

The description of the last episode won't be up until Sunday/Monday, but I need to ask: How will the finale shake out? I think it's a good thing that I'm on my toes, not knowing what to expect, but I also feel that things can end with a thud . . . like, say, one in every four Randy-based episodes. I also feel that the status quo won't be fully restored . . . I expect Garrison/Jenner to still run for office next year, but I can't see PC Principal staying on.

I think the one reset they'll do is Victoria back in for PC Principal. The bro house has to go down in flames. 

Anybody want to guess where the show will be going in its 20th season? I'm thinking they might veer from reality and make Garrison/Jenner a winning ticket. "Buckle up, buckaroo!!!" [cue innocent people getting run down]

• Like 1

Bumping up because I won't be up late to check Comedy Central's site every ten seconds to see a description of Wednesday's episode. If you see it, link or post it here.

ETA: Here's what I found on CC's site:

Mr. Garrison is still on the campaign trail as the National Anthem gets a reboot by an American Icon.

On the front page, there's a shot of Cartman wearing a t-shirt that says "Token's Life Matters." It's not a well-fitting shirt, because a bit of his stomach is exposed.

ETA2: Here's another clip.

So the next episode is focusing on "Skankhunter" aka Gerald.  From the pictures on the site, it sounds like the trolling might drive a girl to near suicide.  The show DID go there in the Wikileaks episode after all...

The clip of Gerald bragging to Ike about Skankhunter made me think...if this is the episode where he gets exposed, maybe he'll get caught trolling with Ike in the room, a la Anthony Weiner.  Considering how bad the trolling could go, the fallout could be HUGE.

Edited by Spartan Girl

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 0:23 PM, Spartan Girl said:

So the next episode is focusing on "Skankhunter" aka Gerald.  From the pictures on the site, it sounds like the trolling might drive a car to near suicide.  

Does Gerald's hybrid drive over a cliff following a lengthy depression over destroying San Francisco?

Thaanks!

I don't think that will happen after three episodes. I am rooting for another press conference where Sheila has a look of utter disgust on her face.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2016 at 9:24 AM, Spartan Girl said:

So no new episode this week?  Boo.

Nope, maybe because they want more time to play with the VP debate?

Does anybody care about the veep debates? Also, I think there's going to be another debate with the big guns on Sunday. But I don't think Matt and Trey are basing much of their material on those like I thought they would.

On 10/3/2016 at 0:24 PM, Spartan Girl said:

So no new episode this week?  Boo.

The scheme of airing 10 new episodes over 13 weeks per year is ridiculous.  Itd be one thing if the show was still in its prime, but the quality has fallen so much after "You're Getting Old . . ." that it's not even worth it anymore.

So I'm guessing they're spoofing the "men's rights" movement. Figures.

I hope they won't be dragging out Gerald's storyline too much longer. I'm ready for his comeuppance.

Saw the preview. His crack at how nobody minded he racist and homophobic things he said before he started on women was spot-on.

Gerald had better go down in a way worthy of Game of Thrones.

Press release for "The Very First Gentleman." I'm thinking that the guys are banking on Hillary Turd Sandwich winning, though I could totally see them breaking from real life and having Garrison win despite the results. And I'm still banking on a scene where Garrison finds Patrick Duffy in his shower. And Patrick Duffy would still be attached to Scuzzlebutt.

ETA: Also "calling" Gerald and Liane becoming a couple by the start of next season.

• Like 1

PC Principal thinking Bill Clinton will end sexism? He really is out of touch...

I know I've said this before, but this better be the episode where Gerald is exposed.