Jump to content
SodaPop

Except Chelsea (and Cole)

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I think she just used to be a lot fuller in the face. I don't know if it's the contouring or losing that baby weight, but her face is a lot slimmer now. I also think she used to dress a lot sloppier. Baggy clothes can make you appear heavier than you are. Anyone know how tall she is? Shorter girls can appear heavier when just a few lbs are gained. I have barely any torso to speak of, so if I gain just a bit of wait, I look all boxy. 

wow, she's just 5'3.  I don't know why, I always thought she seemed taller.  Most of the teen moms are short, isn't that weird??? 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/7/2019 at 2:53 PM, DangerousMinds said:

Spoiler alert - she is heavily calorie restricting. When she can’t do it anymore she will gain again. 

I think she is too. Her natural body type is on the stockier side. If you're built to have a little more meat on your bones you can't get rail thin unless you under eat. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/8/2019 at 2:29 PM, ghoulina said:

I think she just used to be a lot fuller in the face. I don't know if it's the contouring or losing that baby weight, but her face is a lot slimmer now. 

I’m totally ignorant on a lot of the specifics (other than the fact it sometimes makes people look odd if they keep doing it...) about Botox but could it be a side effect of that? We know Randy has no problem injecting her. I also heard about all these facial sculpting treatments that are now available to reduce/remove facial fat without surgery. Stassi was saying that several of the Vanderpump Rules women have gotten them done recently on her podcast. Chelsea definitely seems like the type to try stuff like that too. Whatever she did, I agree it’s a lot slimmer.

On 1/8/2019 at 2:36 PM, teapot said:

wow, she's just 5'3.  I don't know why, I always thought she seemed taller.  Most of the teen moms are short, isn't that weird??? 

The average height for an American woman is 5’4” so I don’t see that as all that short even though I’m 5’8”. I’m taller than all my female friends, usually by many inches, but 2 of them. I’m also taller than all the women on both sides of my family but 1 of them. I feel like a giant a lot. Lol. Everyone is short when you’re way up here. 🤣 

At least we know there’s no way Kailyn is short 😆 I’d definitely try to sit next to her on the reunion couch if I was on the show...or Catelynn 😬. Definitely never Maci or Leah...

Edited by Rebecca
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Mini Cole !

I’m 5’6 and I’m short!

5’1 here 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

That is one darling little boy, and it's clear he's well-loved. Go Cole!

Now if Cole and Chelsea could somehow kidnap and keep Kaiser Griffith.....

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, blubld43 said:

Now if Cole and Chelsea could somehow kidnap and keep Kaiser Griffith.....

Wow--that would not only be good for Kaiser but it would drive Jenelle and UBT completely and utterly mad.  It's a win-win!

Can we add that to the end of the roadtrip to North Carolina?

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/18/2019 at 2:23 PM, Fosca said:

Wow--that would not only be good for Kaiser but it would drive Jenelle and UBT completely and utterly mad.  It's a win-win!

Can we add that to the end of the roadtrip to North Carolina?

Oh heck yeah. I'd be willing to keep poor Kaiser myself.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why post a picture like this?

Because WE ARE BETTER THAN YOUUUUU- Nyah-Nyah!!!!

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Why not post a picture like that?   I'm failing to see the issue.  Lots of people post pictures like that and they're not saying they're better than anyone. 

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, Talky Tina said:

Why not post a picture like that?   I'm failing to see the issue.  Lots of people post pictures like that and they're not saying they're better than anyone. 

I agree.  Not seeing the issue.  Seeing a couple out for a concert and they took a pic.  

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, Talky Tina said:

Why not post a picture like that?   I'm failing to see the issue.  Lots of people post pictures like that and they're not saying they're better than anyone. 

Yeah I think it’s cute. It’s a peck on the lips, not pornographic or anything. Eric Church was probably a fun concert. 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

I don't mind the first picture with Cole but the second picture has my inner fashion critic bristling. I know those denim jackets are fashionable but I really hate that they're frayed and aren't finished properly. The bigget offender however are those leggings; granted in person thet may look ok but in the picture they look like tights (pantyhose). If her t-shirt was longer so that it looked like a dress then it would be fine but, as it is now, she looks like she forgot to wear a skirt. At least the caption doen't read "with my perfect, wonderful, awesome, amazing, love of my life husband."

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, christie said:

I don't mind the first picture with Cole but the second picture has my inner fashion critic bristling. I know those denim jackets are fashionable but I really hate that they're frayed and aren't finished properly. The bigget offender however are those leggings; granted in person thet may look ok but in the picture they look like tights (pantyhose). If her t-shirt was longer so that it looked like a dress then it would be fine but, as it is now, she looks like she forgot to wear a skirt. At least the caption doen't read "with my perfect, wonderful, awesome, amazing, love of my life husband."

I didn't see the second pic until you mentioned it.  Yikes, the leggings are quite thin.  I can deal with women with the right bodies wearing shorter shirts over leggings IF the leggings are the kind that are thicker and have more control panel type material in them.  But when they show everything, it is kind of ick.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, so I finally figured out who Chelsea's mother reminds me of. It's Dorothy Michaels, aka, Tootsie. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/21/2019 at 6:37 AM, Scarlett45 said:

Yeah I think it’s cute. It’s a peck on the lips, not pornographic or anything. Eric Church was probably a fun concert. 

I agree, I have pictures that are almost identical to these except I wore jeans, from my night out at an Eric Church concert.  And yes it was the best concert, he knows how to put on a fun show.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/21/2019 at 10:02 PM, christie said:

I don't mind the first picture with Cole but the second picture has my inner fashion critic bristling. I know those denim jackets are fashionable but I really hate that they're frayed and aren't finished properly. The bigget offender however are those leggings; granted in person thet may look ok but in the picture they look like tights (pantyhose). If her t-shirt was longer so that it looked like a dress then it would be fine but, as it is now, she looks like she forgot to wear a skirt. At least the caption doen't read "with my perfect, wonderful, awesome, amazing, love of my life husband."

I saw online that those leggings are from Nordstrom, $98. People say Chelsea will have no trouble adjusting when she show ends, but she will have to get used to living a more frugal lifestyle. Granted it won't be as drastic as any of her other cast mates, but she has never had to say no to any whimsical, impractical, or overpriced item she wanted, and that will be an adjustment. I think she will come through it fine, but it won't be easy at first!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I saw online that those leggings are from Nordstrom, $98. People say Chelsea will have no trouble adjusting when she show ends, but she will have to get used to living a more frugal lifestyle. Granted it won't be as drastic as any of her other cast mates, but she has never had to say no to any whimsical, impractical, or overpriced item she wanted, and that will be an adjustment. I think she will come through it fine, but it won't be easy at first!

I live in New York and we have Nordstrom Rack. It is fabulous! It takes 2-3 weeks for Nordstrom to transfer full price clothes to The Rack. I never pay full price. I don't know if they have The Rack where Chelsea lives however The Rack now has a website. Maybe she purchased the leggings from The Rack or TJ Maxx- or maybe not.  

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I saw online that those leggings are from Nordstrom, $98. People say Chelsea will have no trouble adjusting when she show ends, but she will have to get used to living a more frugal lifestyle. Granted it won't be as drastic as any of her other cast mates, but she has never had to say no to any whimsical, impractical, or overpriced item she wanted, and that will be an adjustment. I think she will come through it fine, but it won't be easy at first!

$98 for leggings? $98??? I'm reeling at the price

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, druzy said:

I live in New York and we have Nordstrom Rack. It is fabulous! It takes 2-3 weeks for Nordstrom to transfer full price clothes to The Rack. I never pay full price. I don't know if they have The Rack where Chelsea lives however The Rack now has a website. Maybe she purchased the leggings from The Rack or TJ Maxx- or maybe not.  

I love Nordstrom Rack! My daughter and I can spend hours there looking for great bargains. I've looked at the pic a couple times and they just look like black leggings to me, I don't see anything identifying them as coming from Nordstrom. But, I don't wear leggings and am not familiar with them. I think the pics of them at the concert are cute.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

Oh geez, those leggings look more like panty hose, and she's wearing booties with them....the whole look could be cute if she'd worn black jeans.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, lovesnark said:

I love Nordstrom Rack! My daughter and I can spend hours there looking for great bargains. I've looked at the pic a couple times and they just look like black leggings to me, I don't see anything identifying them as coming from Nordstrom. But, I don't wear leggings and am not familiar with them. I think the pics of them at the concert are cute.

I agree, unless Chelsea said her leggings were from Nordstrom and cost 98 dollars, nobody knows for sure.  I don't see a price tag or anything that says Nordstrom on them. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
16 hours ago, christie said:

$98 for leggings? $98??? I'm reeling at the price

This is how rumors start 😉

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, druzy said:

This is how rumors start 😉

I didn't say that Chelsea paid $98 for the leggings; I was merely commenting on the price which is high.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 hours ago, druzy said:

This is how rumors start 😉

Apparently she tagged the leggings in some sort of Instagram story, and someone on Reddit posted it. That's how people found out. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Personally, I wish the leggings trend would fade away and take skinny jeans with them. They only look good on a small percentage of women who wear them, whether they're purchased at Saks 5th Avenue or Wal-Mart. As Tim Gunn would say, just no! 

But, if Randy has helped Chelsea invest her TM money wisely (I believe he has), I don't think she'll ever have to worry about keeping to a strict clothing budget. She's purchased two homes and one high end vehicle and other than that, seems to live a pretty average lifestyle. She hasn't taken a dozen expensive vacations every year and blown ridiculous sums on a new boyfriend every year or so.

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/22/2019 at 8:43 AM, alexa said:

Yikes, the leggings are quite thin.  I can deal with women with the right bodies wearing shorter shirts over leggings IF the leggings are the kind that are thicker and have more control panel type material in them.  But when they show everything, it is kind of ick.

About those leggings: Recently, I bought this cute black top. Pretty thick material. Very opaque. Tried it on in the bathroom without a bra and was like, "Great! Won't be needing to put one on!" and proceeded to get dressed to go out. Walked out of the bathroom and into more direct light and caught sight of myself in another mirror and OH, HELLO I SEE YOU, BOOBS! So yeah, Chelsea probably didn't try them on in the right lighting and didn't realize they were't as opaque as she may have originally thought. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/21/2019 at 10:02 PM, christie said:

I don't mind the first picture with Cole but the second picture has my inner fashion critic bristling. I know those denim jackets are fashionable but I really hate that they're frayed and aren't finished properly. The bigget offender however are those leggings; granted in person thet may look ok but in the picture they look like tights (pantyhose). If her t-shirt was longer so that it looked like a dress then it would be fine but, as it is now, she looks like she forgot to wear a skirt. At least the caption doen't read "with my perfect, wonderful, awesome, amazing, love of my life husband."

She's always been tacky.  She probably thought they looked good and I doubt they looked good in person.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, lovesnark said:

Personally, I wish the leggings trend would fade away and take skinny jeans with them. They only look good on a small percentage of women who wear them, whether they're purchased at Saks 5th Avenue or Wal-Mart. As Tim Gunn would say, just no! 

But, if Randy has helped Chelsea invest her TM money wisely (I believe he has), I don't think she'll ever have to worry about keeping to a strict clothing budget. She's purchased two homes and one high end vehicle and other than that, seems to live a pretty average lifestyle. She hasn't taken a dozen expensive vacations every year and blown ridiculous sums on a new boyfriend every year or so.

I agree.  I don't mind some leggings and some skinny jeans but then it becomes this thing where it is hard to find normal jeans.  I lucked into finding a style that is called skinny but really should be called slim fit (which is what I prefer), and I am sticking to it!  And yes, Chelsea has done well with money.  She does not go over the top or brag about her money on social media like Kail does (even if indirectly by showing off cars, houses, etc, etc, etc.).  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

Every time I pull out my Cartheartt gear I think of Chelsea. We used the hell out ours this past week.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/23/2019 at 8:11 PM, Christina87 said:

I saw online that those leggings are from Nordstrom, $98. People say Chelsea will have no trouble adjusting when she show ends, but she will have to get used to living a more frugal lifestyle. Granted it won't be as drastic as any of her other cast mates, but she has never had to say no to any whimsical, impractical, or overpriced item she wanted, and that will be an adjustment. I think she will come through it fine, but it won't be easy at first!

Like @lovesnark said I’m sure Randy has helped her invest it well. I also think a lot more of the money these girls make comes from social media than people think. She’s making way more money off Instagram than she is from the show, imo. And she’ll be able to do that for awhile even after the show ends. She still has millions of followers and “the kids” care more about social media than even the show. She’ll be fine. I dunno if these are $98 leggings but either way, $98 isn’t even that crazy when you’re making hundreds of thousands a year. She’s seemingly not blowing it on nearly the stupid crap that the others are, imo. Plus, Cole also has a regular job and also makes TM money. They’ll always be fine and probably able to buy $100 pants if they want.

On 1/23/2019 at 8:23 PM, druzy said:

I live in New York and we have Nordstrom Rack. It is fabulous! It takes 2-3 weeks for Nordstrom to transfer full price clothes to The Rack. I never pay full price. I don't know if they have The Rack where Chelsea lives however The Rack now has a website. Maybe she purchased the leggings from The Rack or TJ Maxx- or maybe not.  

This. Hell, they could be from a second hand store or a thrift sale for all we know. Or a gift. Or a freebie from a social media sponsor.

On 1/24/2019 at 2:49 PM, druzy said:

This is how rumors start 😉

 

 

 

4A124A4A-A9B8-46C4-AD6C-78FDA3F0AB73.gif

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post

Omg, pants for $98!  How can one keep that up?  I am just kidding. Because many “normal” people spend a good amount on clothes. I don’t really see that as a big extravagance. Now if they cost 1000 that would be different. 

  • Like 19

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Apparently she tagged the leggings in some sort of Instagram story, and someone on Reddit posted it. That's how people found out. 

If she tagged them she got them for free so it's a win-win for Chelsea!

It's Watson's birthday he's so adorable. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, alexa said:

Omg, pants for $98!  How can one keep that up?  I am just kidding. Because many “normal” people spend a good amount on clothes. I don’t really see that as a big extravagance. Now if they cost 1000 that would be different. 

Idk, I'm from the south, and people say things are cheaper here, so maybe my perspective is off, but I can't imagine spending $98 for see through leggings. Maybe, possibly nice professional pants or something, but this seems pretty extravagant. I grew up with my dad making six figures, and basically being able to buy whatever I wanted, but nobody in my family would have considered buying hundred dollar leggings. Not saying that to brag, but for perspective. Here, a nice dress might cost $80, and I felt like a spoiled rich girl being able to buy a couple of those a year, while most people found that far beyond their budget. I always knew that when I grew up and had to spend my own money, my budget would have to change, and I'm not ruling out Chelsea experiencing that one day. It's not even a bad change, really; you don't miss the things you used to buy, and decide they're not really that important. It could be living in the south, and it could just be cultural differences, but a hundred dollars for a pair of see through leggings is a lot. IMO very overpriced, as they aren't practical. We all have different upbringings and different perspectives, but I came from a family in the same income bracket as Chelsea's (and our income wasn't dependent on a reality show that could be cancelled any day) and we never would have considered something like this. But then again, I won't buy anything I think is overpriced even if I can afford it, on principle. We're all different, that's for sure!

Edited by Christina87
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, alexa said:

Omg, pants for $98!  How can one keep that up?  I am just kidding. Because many “normal” people spend a good amount on clothes. I don’t really see that as a big extravagance. Now if they cost 1000 that would be different. 

I agree. A pair of Levi’s is $100. Meanwhile Gucci has jeans for $1,599. And pants are pants so I don’t see much of a difference in them being leggings vs jeans.

1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Idk, I'm from the south, and people say things are cheaper here, so maybe my perspective is off, but I can't imagine spending $98 for see through leggings. Maybe, possibly nice professional pants or something, but this seems pretty extravagant. I grew up with my dad making six figures, and basically being able to buy whatever I wanted, but nobody in my family would have considered buying hundred dollar leggings. Not saying that to brag, but for perspective. Here, a nice dress might cost $80, and I felt like a spoiled rich girl being able to buy a couple of those a year, while most people found that far beyond their budget. I always knew that when I grew up and had to spend my own money, my budget would have to change, and I'm not ruling out Chelsea experiencing that one day. It's not even a bad change, really; you don't miss the things you used to buy, and decide they're not really that important. It could be living in the south, and it could just be cultural differences, but a hundred dollars for a pair of see through leggings is a lot. IMO very overpriced, as they aren't practical. We all have different upbringings and different perspectives, but I came from a family in the same income bracket as Chelsea's (and our income wasn't dependent on a reality show that could be cancelled any day) and we never would have considered something like this. But then again, I won't buy anything I think is overpriced even if I can afford it, on principle. We're all different, that's for sure!

 

It seems like you don’t think they’re worth the price because you don’t personally like the style of the pants. Otherwise why would it be any different if they were different pants for the same price? And one could argue that these are “work clothes” for Chelsea because her “job” is basically to be on TM and be a social media “influencer” so anything she wears are “work clothes” and it’s not as if she needs actual professional work clothes. Chelsea likes the pants so they’re worth it to her. Maybe they’re the most comfortable things ever. And she most likely got them for free while making money by posting a picture wearing them so it’s win-win for her.

Old Navy has dresses for more than $80. It’s all relative. 

Edited by Rebecca
  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×