SilverStormm

Kate Plus 8

3 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

When would she be respectful or civil to anyone? 

LOL I know shouldn't be surprised by how low this woman can go. But I am surprised she isn't trying to spin this in her favor somehow. 

• Like 1

If I live to be 100, I will never forget her screaming at Jon in the store.  "YOU STAND RIGHT THERE!!!!"  If I was neutral before, I joined Team Jon that day.

• Like 12

The clip with the gum still makes my blood boil.  She was so cold hearted with that poor kid.  She's always been a bitch and I'm not surprised that more of the kids haven't flown the coop.  She must be bribing them somehow. 

I wonder where she's getting her money these days.  The upkeep/insurance/utilities on that house must be really expensive. I wonder how she manages.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if the taxes alone on the house are at least $15,000.

Taxes for 2018 on her house (assessed as a farm) were $18,413.94.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

Taxes for 2018 on her house (assessed as a farm) were $18,413.94.

There you go! Nice chunk of change!

• Like 2

Article on John:  (toofab is a sister site to TMZ)

http://toofab.com/2018/12/12/jon-gosselin-not-in-contact-with-most-of-his-children-kate-plus-eight/

Earlier this month, the former "Jon and Kate Plus 8" star was granted temporary sole custody of son Collin, 14, who has special needs. Collin's sister, Hannah, has been living with Gosselin since Feb. 2017. However, according to the reality star, Hannah and Collin are the only kids that still talk to him.

He went to explain that the last time he saw all of his children, it didn't go so well. "It was just volatile and a lot going on," he said. "It was just not a good time."

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Jon did interviews at a red carpet event, and a lot of articles came out. One article I read said he said he wouldn't sign work permits for the children, I assume for Kate's "date" show. 

• Like 3

I'm sure Kate told the kids that Jon wouldn't sign and because of him they will lose the house and their school etc. You just know she's poisoned them against their dad all of these years. Hopefully the rest will come around like Hannah has.  He and Cara were really close when she was young, it's sad that they've lost that. 

I remember reading many times that when the kids didn't want to film when they were little, she'd tell them that they will lose everything and not have any food or anything and it would be all their fault. I believe it.  

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Talky Tina said:

I'm sure Kate told the kids that Jon wouldn't sign and because of him they will lose the house and their school etc. You just know she's poisoned them against their dad all of these years. Hopefully the rest will come around like Hannah has.  He and Cara were really close when she was young, it's sad that they've lost that. 

I remember reading many times that when the kids didn't want to film when they were little, she'd tell them that they will lose everything and not have any food or anything and it would be all their fault. I believe it.  

I agree.  It's really sad.  Part of it is Jon's fault but there is no question in my mind that Kate has poisoned their minds.  The twins should sit down with a therapist and binge watch the series.  I think now that they're old enough to try to see the bigger picture, they'll see how horrible Kate was to Jon and the kids, especially Colin. 

• Like 10

On 12/10/2018 at 8:34 AM, ginger90 said:

There you go! Nice chunk of change!

This is what I don't understand--Kate always downplayed how much money she (and the kids) were making from the show--how then can she still afford that home and the accompanying expenses (utilities, maintenance, etc.)? And, if she has money enough for that, why isn't she paying support to John for Hannah and Colin?

• Like 2

On 12/13/2018 at 11:59 PM, JenMcSnark said:

I agree.  It's really sad.  Part of it is Jon's fault but there is no question in my mind that Kate has poisoned their minds.  The twins should sit down with a therapist and binge watch the series.  I think now that they're old enough to try to see the bigger picture, they'll see how horrible Kate was to Jon and the kids, especially Colin. 

Not to mention to the twins themselves. I wonder if it will ever bother Mady that she was cast early on as the bad seed spoiled brat. When the show was big there was a “we hate Mady Gosselin” Facebook page. I remember the checkout clerks at my local grocery store casually gossiping about how awful she was.

She was 6 or 7 years old.

Now maybe Mady DOES have the most difficult personality in the family and maybe she WAS a spoiled brat. But she was also packaged and edited into that role so complete strangers could sit in judgment of her before she was old enough to cross a street by herself. 

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Adiba said:

This is what I don't understand--Kate always downplayed how much money she (and the kids) were making from the show--how then can she still afford that home and the accompanying expenses (utilities, maintenance, etc.)? And, if she has money enough for that, why isn't she paying support to John for Hannah and Colin?

If I was guessing, oh wait I am, Kate is working.  She also refinanced when interest rates were down and there had been some reboundin the market.  So asking money out of the house.  Plus, don’t forget this is someone that can take a dime and make it a dollar.  There is always a coupon or bulk buy.  But 8 kids cost money and at some point that house will have to go.

Child support isn’t about who has the most money and then they pay for everything.  It’s about both parents paying a fair share for support.  So lets say Kate has $1000 and Jon has $100.  Kate has 6 kids and Jon has 2 kids.  Each kid needs $10 from Kate and $5 from Jon (because Kate has more money).  So Jon needs to pay $30(6*$5) and Kate needs to pay $20 (2*$10).  The net result is Jon needs to pay Kate $10.

Now factor into that equation that Jon has never supported the kids since signing over custody.  If he opens support discussion all that back child support will factor in.  So if he’s smart he won’t say a word.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

If I was guessing, oh wait I am, Kate is working.  She also refinanced when interest rates were down and there had been some reboundin the market.  So asking money out of the house.  Plus, don’t forget this is someone that can take a dime and make it a dollar.  There is always a coupon or bulk buy.  But 8 kids cost money and at some point that house will have to go.

Child support isn’t about who has the most money and then they pay for everything.  It’s about both parents paying a fair share for support.  So lets say Kate has $1000 and Jon has $100.  Kate has 6 kids and Jon has 2 kids.  Each kid needs $10 from Kate and $5 from Jon (because Kate has more money).  So Jon needs to pay $30(6*$5) and Kate needs to pay $20 (2*$10).  The net result is Jon needs to pay Kate $10.

Now factor into that equation that Jon has never supported the kids since signing over custody.  If he opens support discussion all that back child support will factor in.  So if he’s smart he won’t say a word.

Kate may be working as in filming the dating show, I guess. I wondered how much money she had saved when she got divorced to be able to fund everything over these years when she seemed to cry broke. If she has made savvy investments or has been conservative with the money, good. 

Doesn’t Kate now have four kids now that the twins are 18?

Not that he shouldn’t have at least tried to pay support, but it seems as if he barely made enough money to support himself while Kate was pretty comfortable.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Adiba said:

Not that he shouldn’t have at least tried to pay support, but it seems as if he barely made enough money to support himself while Kate was pretty comfortable.

Courts don’t care if you are a douchebag that thinks DJing is a career.  They’ll use 40 hours minimum wage and calculate.  The judge will explain that you have a responsibility that comes first before everything but minimum housing and a small living allowance.  Now if your ex says that as long as she doesn’t have to share custody you don’t have to pay then you’re good.  In Jon’s case if you then break that agreement the support comes into play.  So I wouldn’t be surprised if we see a judgement against him.

There are a million ways someone with a nursing license can make money.  She could just be a person on the other end of the computer triaging your virtual visit request.  Those hours are very flexible and the money is decent.  I mean it’s much better than minimum wage.  She could review and update medical coding for billing.  Lots of things that we would never know about.

• Like 3

If it's true that Kate is "concerned" about the other kids' safety at Jon's while Collin is living there, that may be why they aren't speaking to him.

"Here, have Collin, keep Hannah, but you can't see the rest of your children."

I would believe that. 

Collin looks really good (and happy).

I hope he will continue to get whatever help he needs to successfully make the transition to living with Jon.

• Like 15

Personally, from hearing stories about Kate and her nursing career, I wouldn't ever want to have to deal with her, or be at her mercy.

The biggest issues from what I've read in multiple articles is that even when the show money started rolling in, they never paid the mortgages off, and the same with the estate where the kids live now.     I wonder how everything is financed now, since there is only occasional money from TLC, and the expenses must be huge.     

From articles over the years, my understanding is that the first house they lived in had the minimum down payment, and they never put money into paying down the mortgage.   Then when they tried to sell it was way overpriced, I guess because they were celebrities, and the house sat on the market for a long time.   I'm assuming if it sold it was at a bargain price, because it had been empty for so long.     The estate was bought with the minimum down I understand too, and I'm guessing that with taxes, utilities, and a very over the top lifestyle, then there isn't anything saved, or paid to get the mortgage paid off either.  

At least all of the churches that supported them with speaking engagements stopped, when the news got out that their marriage was a crock, and they weren't the religious family they portrayed.      I wonder if any of the kids want to go to college, and how that will get financed?    

6 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

since there is only occasional money from TLC

They haven't had an episode or special air since when?  TLC doesn't pay residuals so that isn't an income source for her.

Didn't they have some specials a few years ago?      Then there's that awful dating show that seems to always be in the works, and I hope never airs.      I do have to wonder how everything is financed now, because she doesn't work, there's no show, and the kid's support is a lot of expense.    Just supporting Kate's personal expenses must a huge drain.     

• Like 1

The finances are a mystery. Could Kate have made way more money than anyone guessed? Maybe she had good investment advice? Jon did say in an interview a couple of years ago the kids have trust funds. Can only the kids access them or can Kate take money out for the children's expenses? There are more questions than answers.

• Like 2

The range in supposed salaries I've seen for reality tv is insane, from peanuts to lottery numbers. I remember back around 2009, when the show was at its prime, seeing estimates in the 30-60k/episode range on GwoP. And they were really cranking out episodes back then. I could never personally see the higher end of that, especially of TLC, but I have no idea. Then there were the books, the speaking engagements, etc. While Kate seems like she will do anything for fame, I also see her somebody who "knows her worth" and will not put up with being underpaid. I also have seen she can be anally cheap (*ahem* coupon gate) when she is not being extravagant.

I really do think she has made a buttload of money over the years regardless, enough to sustain fine via investing. Though her expenses are what it all depends on. Sure that house ain't cheap, but that swanky private school x8 (well, now x6) is an enormous cost if she is paying full price. Her personal staff like nannies/housekeepers/body guards has had to be expensive, assuming it came out her pocket. She loves having the best of the best. But she's also great at "free", as I have to imagine a lot of her clothes and whatnot have been at various points. So, again, I have no idea. It's one of those "anything and everything is possible" kinda scenarios for me.

• Like 3

I'm not sure the trust funds still exist, but if they do, then I bet she's the trustee, and that's not good.    When they were trying to sell the first house they filmed at, they priced it way over market because it was 'famous'.     The last I heard it never sold, so I'm assuming they took it off the market, and probably relisted, but there was still a ton owing on it.     I hope the kids get scholarships (some state college systems give free tuition for state schools for multiples), because I'm betting they're going to have to get loans if they don't.   

The speaking engagements were churches, and I read that there was a minimum of love offerings they had to guarantee (about $20k as I recall), and pay all of her expenses (only sometimes did Jon go).     That stopped when the scandals about behavior surfaced.

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1

Haven't been keeping up with Gosselin news for several years, but with the customized home page going away for the time being, I've been checking in here as I scroll through shows. So is Steve the "bodyguard" still around? Before we moved 8 years ago, he lived about 8 miles from me in MD. Quite a haul to get to her place in PA.

Edited by chessiegal
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, chessiegal said:

So is Steve the "bodyguard" still around?

When you need a bodyguard it is time to re-think your public image.

On 12/10/2018 at 7:26 AM, AZChristian said:

Taxes for 2018 on her house (assessed as a farm) were $18,413.94

That is A LOT of money!!!

Wow, Colin lost weight.  I hope that's because he's happy now.  Plus, he may have had a growth spurt and shot up a couple of inches.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 1

"[The kids are well adjusted]" Keep feeding us that one, lady.

Seriously, poor Cara. Why does she get dragged along to this crap if doesn't get to talk? Or if she doesn't want to.

I can't imagine a reality show of the twins going very far, but it would be hysterical only because of the jealousy an ounce of attention would cause in their mother.

• Like 3

Haven't watched this in a LONG time, but, dropped by to see if the stuff I'm seeing about Jon and Collin is true and what the real deal is. I know that Collin was in a therapeutic home for years.  And, why Kate did not seek custody and Jon did. Anyone?

From the news stories I read, Jon has had Colin for a while, and one of the girls also.    There was a custody battle over Colin, and at the hearing the other day, Jon showed up but Kate didn't.     

Colin was at some treatment facility, but from what I read Jon didn't even know where he was for a long time.     There have been a lot of discussion about how effective the program was, and if it was even a real therapeutic program, but that's over now, and apparently he's back in regular school full time. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Haven't watched this in a LONG time, but, dropped by to see if the stuff I'm seeing about Jon and Collin is true and what the real deal is. I know that Collin was in a therapeutic home for years.  And, why Kate did not seek custody and Jon did. Anyone?

An article that just came out said Jon told the court Kate was a trigger for Collin, and she wouldn't cooperate with his treatment. 

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/02/kate-gosselin-refused-cooperate-troubled-son-collin-treatment-ex-jon-gosselin-claims-court-custody/

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

It's hard to know what to believe. If Collin has anger issues, I can envision Kate not wanting to deal with it, because, it might disrupt her public appearances, tv opportunities, etc. 

• Like 2

I quit watching at CupCakeGate but spent two days reading this thread to see where they are now. WOW the twins are 18! RUN! As much as I'd like to see all of Kate's trash dumped I can't see a tell all even from Maddie. The pisser might be Hannah though in a few years. 

I often waffled on Jon but good on him for being proactive with Collin and Hannie. 

A dating show eh? Well she has been at the very least been in an emotional relationship or two since Jon so the doe eyed BS won't work.

They will have to import guys from countries that K plus has never been seen. 

Can you imagine this bitch on Survivor ? Big Brother? First voted out for SURE! 

Collin looks great and so does Hannah. She looks just like Jon.

• Like 3

Looking at the above Christmas picture of Jon & his girlfriend with their kids, I am struck by the fact that they really could pass as a biological family unit.

Of course I don’t know how well the “kids” get along or how much time they spend together, but having an “older brother” figure could be great for Colin.  Provided they are good folks, having older siblings, and other extended family members, could be great for both kids.

I wonder if they have any contact with Kate’s brother & his family? (Or was it Jon’s brother we used to see?)  Is Jon’s mother still alive?  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mittengirl said:

I wonder if they have any contact with Kate’s brother & his family? (Or was it Jon’s brother we used to see?)  Is Jon’s mother still alive?  

It was Kate's brother. I don't know. I hope so through Jon. The brother and sister in law seemed nice. Jon's mother is still alive as far I know. I've read the children have seen her during visitation visits with Jon.  The last I heard of her was when the Hannah news came out, and she said Hannah was being treated unfairly by Kate. It's an article from 2017 so it was before Jon got custody of Hannah. https://hollywoodlife.com/2017/09/13/kate-gosselin-punishing-hannah-taking-jon-side-interview-grandmother/

• Like 3

Kate's brother and sister in law (Jodi, maybe?) got cut out when the original TV show was on.    Anyone who was out of favor was exiled, and never came back.    There were updates about the brother and SIL on a blog that talked about the Gosselin family, I don't know if it's still current or even exists.      

3 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Kate's brother and sister in law (Jodi, maybe?) got cut out when the original TV show was on.    Anyone who was out of favor was exiled, and never came back.    There were updates about the brother and SIL on a blog that talked about the Gosselin family, I don't know if it's still current or even exists.      

Last I heard about them, they talked at a Pennsylvania hearing about children in reality shows. That was a while back. There was a law passed where children got more money. 

Edited by babyhouseman
  • Like 1

Just now, ginger90 said:

In Pennsylvania, the law was looked at , in part, because of the fact the Gosselin children were shown being undressed, and using the toilet. One of the main things that was put into the law was  that trust funds be set up for child actors with the employer depositing 15 percent of the child's gross earnings into trusts, named, a 'Coogan' clause.

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 2

I’m glad Colin is apparently doing better and living with Jon but I wish Jon would stop talking to the media about it all.

• Like 2