radishcake

FXX : Every Simpsons EVER Marathon

I have seasons 1-9 on DVD. Stopped watching much after that, except occasionally.

Screamapiller was adorable! I've never seen that one.

• Like 1

The mid-2000s have some favorites here and there, like Homer as "Pie Man" episode.

Ooh, I love that episode too.  Homer as a superhero would have been a much better plot for the movie.  Just my opinion, of course.

Pie Man was a good one; Homer was caring in it.*  And now that we are coming to the end, you can see that they started making Homer likeable again.  Makes a big difference.

*But my favorite superhero was Burns as Fruit Bat Man.  Smithers running around staging all the crime scenes was the best.  The Dependables were great, too.

So, when this is over, it looks like FXX is going to run a boatload of Simpsons programming in prime time going forward. It will end up being 24 hours a week, with a lot of it being from 8-12PM.  Nice.  It will be my fall back position when I want to forget about news or anything else aggravating.

• Like 3

I'm hoping they put a good mix on them as well. So if they're going to run 8 episodes from 8 to 12, I personally would like for the episodes to be completely random and not all from the same season or era. As a really big fan, I'd rather just flip it on and either find an episode I barely remember from season 14, a new one I just saw last year, or Cape Feare.  I don't want to know that there will be a run of season 5 episodes and then I shouldn't expect to see them come around again for 6 weeks.

• Like 1

Eek! The 24 episode is on. I never saw this one and it's hysterical so far. Marge's mundane cake-baking plot is great satire for the filler that the real show had.

• Like 1

Eek! The 24 episode is on. I never saw this one and it's hysterical so far. Marge's mundane cake-baking plot is great satire for the filler that the real show had.

My favorite part is when Marge is buying the raisins, they show Helen Lovejoy being wheeled out on a stretcher in the background.

• Like 1

Watching the marathon and it of course showed "Dangerous Curves".  What did I like about that episode?  Bart and Lisa.  From when they were young kids that wore out Grandpa and celebrated that they were going to stay up forever only to fall asleep immediately, but the best part was them in the pedal car and how they turned into a bickering married couple.  Wasn't really a fan of anything else.

Edited by Jediknight

So, after having this on in the background for a week plus, mainly I really really hate that Doritos commercial. And the TWC commercials. And the Outlander/Starz commercial (which is also a TCW commerical). And the Snow White commercial. And PIzza Hut and Lime-A-Way. And Expedia and Travel Advisor and CarFax. And The League, whatever that is. And mostly I hate #X. HOW ABOUT JUST NOT ANSWERING YOUR PHONE WHILE YOU'RE DRIVING? And that asshole walking down Melrose with Ali G. And Ali G.

• Like 2

And that asshole walking down Melrose with Ali G. And Ali G.

I don't even know who that is (I don't usually watch FXX), but after seeing commercials for it countless times during the marathon, I have no desire to ever see it again.  Nor commercials for 'The League'. 

I've enjoyed what I've seen of the marathon, since I was never a regular Simpsons watcher, but would catch it now and then.  I'll probably do like others have said and change the channel to FXX and catch episodes when I don't have anything in particular to watch.  (I missed about four days of the marathon because for some reason my 'main' TV wouldn't pick up the channel after the first day.  I kept getting a message that told me that the channel would be available soon, but then nothing.  I found out after a couple of days that I could get the channel okay on the other TV in the other room, but I had missed lots by that time.  Then, the channel mysteriously appeared on the main TV again.  Weird!  I had missed a lot, but I guess it was more important that I actually go to work instead!)

• Like 1

Sunday at 4, they are showing Sideshow Bob episodes!

Looks like the plan going forward is to have themed mini-marathons as part of the regular programing. I approve of this idea.

From what I can figure from the other regular scheduled programming, it looks like they are going to break up the blocks during the weeknights by running episodes chronologically, but from two different time periods. In other words, the episodes running from 8-10 PM are from the 2009-2010 season, but in the 10-12 PM slot the episodes are from way back in 1990.  As I noted earlier, I would have preferred to have them just dump them all into a big bucket and pull them out randomly, but I guess their chosen method will be okay. Especially since the Sunday mini-marathons will pick from all time periods. 

I mean, seriously, time never passes on the Simpsons. If there were ever a show that doesn't need to be shown chronologically, this is it. 

I thought I read here that they episodes will go back to regular syndication format.  Which make sense. They need to start earning back that billion dollars.

I didn't notice that Marcia Wallace's voice changed, but I believe it. The character of Mrs. Krabapple seemed to be less sharp and more at peace in the later years, which also may be part of it.

• Like 1

You guys this was really fun! Is anyone interested in me keeping track of the blocks and mentioning when cool stuff is coming up? Like the Sideshow Bob block on Sunday? I think I'll try to stay on top of cool blocks on FXX and when they are having neat stuff on the app and keep you all in the loop. 

Sound good?

• Like 3

Am I wrong or do I remember a Simpsons version of the red carpet with Joan & Melissa Rivers. I remember Melissa running off saying "I have no talent!". I used to think of that scene whenever I saw Melissa.

Am I wrong or do I remember a Simpsons version of the red carpet with Joan & Melissa Rivers. I remember Melissa running off saying "I have no talent!". I used to think of that scene whenever I saw Melissa.

There was also the scene in "Viva Ned Flanders" where Homer and Ned are in their car and Joan Rivers comes up to them (although I don't think it was the real JR's voice) and tries to get them to be in the audience for her infomercial. As they drive off, she screams "Help me! My daughter's not talented!".

• Like 1

Emma675, that's it! I thought it might be Family Guy, but was pretty sure it was the Simpsons.

And yes, it was a fake Joan because she would never admit that!