Jump to content
Athena

All Episodes Talk: The Fixed

Recommended Posts

Wow! @Mrs.Hanson. Thanks for the back drop on this case. Definitely not the way it was represented last night and am not rewatching it just to make sure.   

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/30/2018 at 3:02 PM, MinorL said:

Smoking a bowl doesn’t carry a death sentence. 

You are 100% right - both parties have some blame here.  Philando Castille was told to NOT REACH FOR THE GUN (he had told the officer he had a conceal and carry, legal in MN) and he kept reaching for it.  The officer was too quick on the trigger.  Of that, there is no doubt.

The part where Diamond makes me ill is she WAS smoking a bowl, in a car, in front of her daughter (and pot is still not legal in MN) and then paints herself as a victim in this case, when she is a victimizer in real life - see above story about her and a baseball bat.  Then she tried to get part of the settlement money from Philando's mom.  Why?  They were not married.  Philando's dad, who he had no relationship with, and was in federal prison (and had been there for many years) also filed a lawsuit for the $$$.  So many icky things in this case, the worst is a kind young man is dead.

I was so tired of her face on the news all the time that when I saw her promo on this show I was...."Ugh....not again."

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 4/30/2018 at 4:02 PM, MinorL said:

Smoking a bowl doesn’t carry a death sentence. 

And you are totally right. I love me a nice packed one myself. But not in a car. And not with kids in an enclosed space.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

And you are totally right. I love me a nice packed one myself. But not in a car. And not with kids in an enclosed space.

And don't get pulled over by a cop, and when/if you do, and he or she tells you to keep your hands where you can see them.....follow the directions.  And call 911 when your boyfriend is shot, don't livestream it on Facebook!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I don't drive so I think I'm ok. ;)  I'm always flabbergasted at the ignorance of not following directions from an officer. Who wants an extra charge? 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, FairyDusted said:

I don't drive so I think I'm ok. ;)  I'm always flabbergasted at the ignorance of not following directions from an officer. Who wants an extra charge? 

FairyDusted - I did not mean to imply you drive while baked!!  LOL!  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

FairyDusted - I did not mean to imply you drive while baked!!  LOL!  

LOL! Yeah, I know. I was just stating what is indeed inappropriate. 

 

Did I miss the Finale?

Share this post


Link to post

Good advice on the pot smoking/driving thing. Now that California has legalized possession of pot, I'm going to guess there are going to be some new laws in place so that law enforcement can test drivers for impaired driving while under the influence of marijuana. Everyone is going to make money from the legalization of pot in CA and the government (state, county, city) is not going to miss out on that cash cow.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/7/2015 at 11:34 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

Has Iyanla actually fixed anyone?  Because most of the people seem to go back to the same life they were living prior to her two day tornado.  She's still the same Iyanla from "Starting Over" (the best snarkfest ever), as annoying and as ineffectual as ever.

Gah I miss "Starting Over"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Starting Over was the first and best reality show ever! The first couple of seasons were great but when Iyanla came on board, oh sweet Jesus!!!!!! She made that show (unintentionally) hilarious. Every time I pass a Burger King, I think about the woman who was desperate to lose weight and said that croissandwiches were her trigger. Do you remember when Toni Braxton’s fanewhore sister was on? How about the woman who wanted to be a stand up comedienne? Oy vey. So many memories of that show.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

Starting Over was the first and best reality show ever! The first couple of seasons were great but when Iyanla came on board, oh sweet Jesus!!!!!! She made that show (unintentionally) hilarious. Every time I pass a Burger King, I think about the woman who was desperate to lose weight and said that croissandwiches were her trigger. Do you remember when Toni Braxton’s fanewhore sister was on? How about the woman who wanted to be a stand up comedienne? Oy vey. So many memories of that show.

How did I miss this show??? Headed to YouTube to see if I can binge watch.

Share this post


Link to post

I think the episodes I'm watching today (leading up to the season premier tonight) are fairly recent. Although at times, Iyanla makes me giggle with her antics, she really (for me) speaks the raw truth and it helps me alot with past and present issues. Whether it's emotional, spiritual or psychological.

"I got your back" !!! Lol!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

@chenoa333 I really like her too.  She's very good at cutting to the chase and calling people out on their BS.   

Regardless of the particular episode issue(s) I generally find a good nugget of common sense each time.

I could see myself liking therapy if there was someone like her to talk to, instead of all the tap dancing around & psyco babble.

I just adore the way she stomps around with those great big handbags.  For some reason it's endearing.

In a perfect world, Oprah would kick Dr. Phil to the curb and give Iyanla a daily show.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, zillabreeze said:

@chenoa333 I really like her too.  She's very good at cutting to the chase and calling people out on their BS.   

Regardless of the particular episode issue(s) I generally find a good nugget of common sense each time.

I could see myself liking therapy if there was someone like her to talk to, instead of all the tap dancing around & psyco babble.

I just adore the way she stomps around with those great big handbags.  For some reason it's endearing.

In a perfect world, Oprah would kick Dr. Phil to the curb and give Iyanla a daily show.

^^^ Yes to all you said!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:52 PM, zillabreeze said:

 

In a perfect world, Oprah would kick Dr. Phil to the curb and give Iyanla a daily show.

Oprah tried to give Iyanla a daily show and was just waiting to get it all lined up when Iyanla went behind her back and signed with another network.  Oprah was very hurt and they didn't speak for years, but when Oprah's show was winding down and she was tying up loose ends and old hurt feelings she had Iyanla on her show.  Iyanla cried and apologized and said she had felt unworthy or something like that, that was guaranteed to touch Oprah's soft spot.  Oprah forgave her of course, but I didn't, so I never watched her show and thought Iyanla should fix her own greedy, back stabbing self. 

Now it sounds like I've been missing something, so I'm going to see what I can find in re-runs.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

An 11-year old wasn’t “having sex” with her brother, Iyanla. She was being raped. WTF is wrong with you?

The eldest daughter was really pretty. Like a much better looking Latocha Scott of XScape.

Edited by charmed1
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 4:59 AM, charmed1 said:

An 11-year old wasn’t “having sex” with her brother, Iyanla. She was being raped. WTF is wrong with you?

The eldest daughter was really pretty. Like a much better looking Latocha Scott of XScape.

That's who she reminded me of! The name was on the tip of my tongue, but I couldn't remember it.

This episode and the one before it more than made up for the "Neffee needs some cash but isn't willing to do the real work" waste of time show. I did have a good laugh when Iyanla screamed at her "DO YOUR HOMEWORK!"

I was frustrated with the woman whose mother was raising her kids for refusing to stop seeing the married man she's creeping with. Whatchu mean him being married isn't "my problem"? You're screwing somebody else's husband, fool! And you know good and damn well he's not leaving his wife for you.

Sunday's episode was DEEP and so sad. The deceased son raped his sister because someone raped him, the other sister was raped by a friend's male relative and the mother reveals she was molested as a child. Abuse permeated their lives. The oldest sister didn't say she was abused, did she?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

No, she didn’t mention being abused. It seemed like she was out of the house by the time she found out the youngest daughter had been raped by the son. I think she mentioned she was in school. Which is remarkable in my opinion, for the two oldest to actually go off to college given their terrible home life. I hope they both finished. 

I don’t remember Iyanla ever letting Brittany finish her remarks about having two children. I was interested in her story.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

So, Charisse decided "not to take Iyanla's advice and to follow her own path."  I was surprised to see this, because she appeared very open.  I can't help but believe something happened to which viewers weren't privy. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Just watched a rerun episode : “David” a pastor married to “Jennifer” with 2 sons.   This huge guy cheated for years , moved to his own crib, sent Jennifer mixed messages while she wore HIS wedding ring around her neck hoping it would remind him of their vows. My God girl - he sat there and told you he was JOKING when he asked you to marry him, cheated 30 days in and was a serial cheater for years ( all while being a Pastor).  They said they’re getting divorced to their sons and admitted being broken people who came together to Iyanla ( who isn’t really lol) ...... nope , Iyanla’s counsel didn’t work . Still together. 

** Jennifer , you can do better. MUCH BETTER. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Why are most of Iyanla's shows all about "semi" celebrities? Basketball players exes, (somewhat) famous rappers exes. I'm losing interest even tho I like Iyanla.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Oh Lord! Iyanla wrapping up that stunnungly beautiful woman in gauze and band aids! Lol! Aside from all of Iyanla's crazy antics....she does have a way of getting her points across. At least for me she does. Not sure about the messed up people she has on her show.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/2/2018 at 6:55 PM, Auntie Anxiety said:

Starting Over was the first and best reality show ever! The first couple of seasons were great but when Iyanla came on board, oh sweet Jesus!!!!!! She made that show (unintentionally) hilarious. Every time I pass a Burger King, I think about the woman who was desperate to lose weight and said that croissandwiches were her trigger. Do you remember when Toni Braxton’s fanewhore sister was on? How about the woman who wanted to be a stand up comedienne? Oy vey. So many memories of that show.

I'm a former Starting Over fan.  I was in the campaign to keep it on the air....oh well.....They let one of the best reality shows on tv go and for the crap that we have now(not this one. I like Iyanla......oh well.....)  Yes, I remember Towanda Braxton.  One day, when I have time, I'm going to see where some of the more prominent people are, like Dr. Stan and Rhonda.  I AM GLAD that Iyanla is doing well. 

I watched a part last night and thought it was pretty good. When people are deeply wounded by a mate.....it seems that they will never heal or move forward.  I've seen it with people who are as angry and hurt today, as they were 20 years ago when it happened.  I think Iyanla's job would be hard. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm a former Starting Over fan.  I was in the campaign to keep it on the air....oh well.....They let one of the best reality shows on tv go and for the crap that we have now(not this one. I like Iyanla......oh well.....)  Yes, I remember Towanda Braxton.  One day, when I have time, I'm going to see where some of the more prominent people are, like Dr. Stan and Rhonda.  I AM GLAD that Iyanla is doing well. 

I watched a part last night and thought it was pretty good. When people are deeply wounded by a mate.....it seems that they will never heal or move forward.  I've seen it with people who are as angry and hurt today, as they were 20 years ago when it happened.  I think Iyanla's job would be hard. 

So true. Holding on to anger and hurt blocks whatever hope there is of healing. Maybe the anger and hurt becomes a learned behavior for some. And learning to heal and facing reality in the present, is too frightening for them. Sometimes I wish I could get a big Iyanla hug followed by a "it's gonna be ok my beloved." Lol.But I stay strong on my own. ❤ u Iyanla!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/9/2018 at 8:22 PM, chenoa333 said:

So true. Holding on to anger and hurt blocks whatever hope there is of healing. Maybe the anger and hurt becomes a learned behavior for some. And learning to heal and facing reality in the present, is too frightening for them. Sometimes I wish I could get a big Iyanla hug followed by a "it's gonna be ok my beloved." Lol.But I stay strong on my own. ❤ u Iyanla!

Me too.  The newest episode was kinda schlocky with the court thing, but I have to admit to getting leaky.  Secrets  & abuse (even unspoken) have a way of leaching & poisoning into generations.   I lost my little sister last year to alcoholism.  Something was haunting her.  I'll never know what it was.

It's just TeeVee, but Iyanla does get that women of all colours carry secrets & burdens.  We stuff them & try to be strong.   Some of us, like you, chenoa333, and I keep trudging on.  Some can't.  That big old "beloved" hug sounds really good sometimes.  Perhaps we are lucky enough to have friends with those hugs or have figured out how to give them to ourselves?

Edited by zillabreeze · Reason: I'm a punctuation nazi
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, zillabreeze said:

Me too.  The newest episode was kinda schlocky with the court thing, but I have to admit to getting leaky.  Secrets  & abuse (even unspoken) have a way of leaching & poisoning into generations.   I lost my little sister last year to alcoholism.  Something was haunting her.  I'll never know what it was.

It's just TeeVee, but Iyanla does get that women of all colours carry secrets & burdens.  We stuff them & try to be strong.   Some of us, like you, chenoa333, and I keep trudging on.  Some can't.  That big old "beloved" hug sounds really good sometimes.  Perhaps we are lucky enough to have friends with those hugs or have figured out how to give them to ourselves?

 

So sorry for your loss. Maybe knowing what was haunting your sister that she never talked about, wouldn't have changed the outcome. Maybe it would have. Either way, it's never easy. So I'm sending you a BIG hug ZillaBreeze! ❤

Edited by chenoa333 · Reason: spelling
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/8/2018 at 9:24 PM, chenoa333 said:

Oh Lord! Iyanla wrapping up that stunnungly beautiful woman in gauze and band aids! Lol! Aside from all of Iyanla's crazy antics....she does have a way of getting her points across. At least for me she does. Not sure about the messed up people she has on her show.

This was the eposode of the NBA player cheating on his wife, right? I didn't intend to watch, but I got sucked in. Iyanla made some excellent points throughout; however, I was slackjawed when she abruptly told the woman that her husband had cheated with over 50 women during their marriage, not 8 as the lady believed. "What difference does the number make?" Hell!

Edited by NowVoyager
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

This was the eposode of the NBA player cheating on his wife, right? I didn't intend to watch, but I got sucked in. Iyanla made some excellent points throughout; however, I was slackjawed when she abruptly told the woman that her husband had cheated with over 50 women during their marriage, not 8 as the lady believed. "What difference does the number make?" Hell!

i understand what you mean but I think Iyanla just wanted the husband to tell the truth. It's not that telling the exact number of women he slept with matters, but it's about being honest with his wife and himself. That's just my perspective.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I remember Monifah and Akemi’s strained relationship being featured on R&B Divas. Akemi was very young and newly married. Back then, she was super Christian and objected to Monifah’s pending nuptials to another woman. She did not seem meek and quiet at all.

Good for her though for telling Iyanla it was disrespectful to throw that book at her. It’s about time someone spoke up about it. She has done that to several guests and I find it to be so stupid and unnecessary. The worst example being when she threw Bebe Moore Campbell’s poster sized photo at Maia Campbell’s feet and made her speak to it. That was ridiculous especially given Maia’s very vulnerable mental state.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/7/2018 at 4:05 AM, NowVoyager said:

I was slackjawed when she abruptly told the woman that her husband had cheated with over 50 women during their marriage, not 8 as the lady believed.

When I watched this, on repeat, I was wondering something:  it seemed they bleeped out the number of women he slept with on the run that I saw.  There was no curse word or anything suggestive about a number like 50 (I could see it if, maybe, it was 69), but they bleeped it out.  Any ideas behind that thinking?

Share this post


Link to post

Just watched the episode with some of the survivors of the Pulse Nightclub massacre in Orlando. Damn I cried through the entire hour.

I like Iyanla a lot. And may all of the survivors (of many tragedies in our country) begin to heal and live meaningful lives with no more guilt and sadness. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/7/2018 at 4:05 AM, NowVoyager said:

This was the eposode of the NBA player cheating on his wife, right? I didn't intend to watch, but I got sucked in. Iyanla made some excellent points throughout; however, I was slackjawed when she abruptly told the woman that her husband had cheated with over 50 women during their marriage, not 8 as the lady believed. "What difference does the number make?" Hell!

8 is horrible enough but there is HUGE difference between 8 and 50. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
×