Lantern7

Past Episodes Talk (Seasons 1-17): Skeeter's Bar

I actually love Cartoon Wars, in large part because I happen to hate Family Guy :)

I like Family Guy (loved it in its first few seasons), but that's not why I don't like the episodes. Sometimes I get tired of Cartman being Cartman (same with Peter or Brian being Peter or Brian on Family Guy or Roger being Roger on American Dad), and that's prevalent in both Cartoon Wars and Imaginationland.

What is sticking out to me, as we reminisce about past seasons, is how high the quality has stayed over 18 years.  Sure, there have been some dips in quality (I'm looking at you Lice Capades), but overall, it's still a very sharp show.  There's not many that can say that.

As for Mr. Hankey, the only one I really like is Red Sleigh Down, where Cartman is trying to get enough "nice" acts to get his Christmas toy, so he rides on the poo-choo train to Iraq.  But that is more for the parts with Santa and Jesus than Mr. Hankey.  "I couldn't let him live!  He shocked Santa's balls!"

• Like 2

What is sticking out to me, as we reminisce about past seasons, is how high the quality has stayed over 18 years.  Sure, there have been some dips in quality (I'm looking at you Lice Capades), but overall, it's still a very sharp show.  There's not many that can say that.

I know, right?! And this current season is already showing potential to become one of my favorites ever. Which granted, I've now said about at least 10 seasons...but since so many seasons contain such brilliant episodes (and a couple of clunkers), it's impossible to choose! 

Should we try to name our 2-3 favorites from each season?! (Yes, I need a life...)

• Like 1

The new episode featuring Tweak kind of makes me want to go back and watch some of his old episodes.  I missed him.  The parts in Free Hat where he's freaking out over only making 10 hats always cracks me up.  And, of course, he gave us the Underpants Gnomes.

The new episode featuring Tweak kind of makes me want to go back and watch some of his old episodes.  I missed him.  The parts in Free Hat where he's freaking out over only making 10 hats always cracks me up.  And, of course, he gave us the Underpants Gnomes.

Step 1: Underpants

Step 2: ???

Step 3: PROFIT!!

Love the Woodland Christmas Critters

The Game of Thrones parody is also one of my favorites. Love how GRRM won't stop talking about guy's penises, in detail

The squirel saying "Hail, Satan" always makes me laugh.

The GOT parody was great.

• Like 1

There is nothing funnier to me than in the Imaginationland episode when they Woodland Critters want to pee AIDS-infected pee in the eye socket of on of the nice toys (Strawberry Shortcake maybe?), but then they get sad when they realize none of them have AIDS.  It's the "but none of us have AIDS!" "aww, that's ok Beary Bear!" that cracks me up.

Had a trippy experience tonight. Saw recent episodes (2013, give or take) on NBC Universo . . . in Spanish. Interesting to hear another cast voice the characters, even though I don't speak the language.

There is nothing funnier to me than in the Imaginationland episode when they Woodland Critters want to pee AIDS-infected pee in the eye socket of on of the nice toys (Strawberry Shortcake maybe?), but then they get sad when they realize none of them have AIDS.  It's the "but none of us have AIDS!" "aww, that's ok Beary Bear!" that cracks me up.

I'm not a huge fan of the Imaginationland trilogy but I crack up every time Cartman reenacts that scene from the Abyss when Kyle is dead.

• Like 1

Bad news: No new episode this week. Again. Good news: If you want to see old-school Thanksgiving-themed episodes, then Comedy Central is the place for you on Wednesday night. They sprinkled in "Red Man's Greed" and "Starvin' Marvin In Space," along with the Black Friday trilogy to end it.

• Like 1

Heads up . . . Comedy Central will be running Christmas-themed episodes starting at 6:58 with "Merry Christmas Charlie Manson!"

What are your most/least favorite holiday eps? For least, I gotta go with "Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics." It was basically an infomercial for the album. I liked the Santa/Jesus song duel, though.

ETA: Does "#REHASH" and "#HappyHolograms" count as a single special? My gut says "no," even though it's set around Christmas, and Comedy Central is including it in the marathon.

Sorry that I didn't see this earlier. I caught some of the marathon, and for the first time saw the episode with the Christmas animals from Cartman's Christmas story... it was so wrong, but so funny.  And the reveal that it was Cartman's story was one of those "of course it is" moments.

I'm having trouble with the posting or I'd say more.. I will later.

Sorry that I didn't see this earlier. I caught some of the marathon, and for the first time saw the episode with the Christmas animals from Cartman's Christmas story... it was so wrong, but so funny.  And the reveal that it was Cartman's story was one of those "of course it is" moments.

I'm having trouble with the posting or I'd say more.. I will later.

Woodland Critter Christmas! My office lobby this year was decorated with evergreenery and stuffed bears, a beaver, a moose and a few other forest mammals. I could not get that ep out of my head for weeks.

• Like 1

Heads up for anybody hanging around here: Comedy Central will be airing a block of SP episodes tonight, and most of them are Halloween-based. There's one that isn't, and I forget the title, but it's also scary.

Prior to the current season, when has Gerald been an antagonist? I'm thinking "Sexual Harassment Panda," "Major Boobage" . . . and there was one other episode, but I can't seem to remember it.

• Like 1

Don't remember any others off the top of my head.

I've been on a tear of watching the original Star Trek on Netflix for the first time, and two South Park homages to that series came to mind as I've been watching.  The "joke machine" episode where Jimmy destroys the robot with a paradox of logic came right from the "Nomad" episode where Kirk does the same thing with a space probe.  And  the kids' preschool teacher being confined to that wheelchair with only beeps for communication came from a first season episode where The Enterprise's former captain was identically disabled.  I didn't realize that Parker and Stone were keyed into that show at all.  Fascinating.  ;-)

Edited by Peace 47

For anybody at home and in the Halloween spirit . . . Comedy Central will be running the four themed episodes today starting at 3:15.

• Like 1

Thanks so much for letting us know. I'd almost forgotten just how much I love the Blockbuster parody of The Shining! Now it looks like I have to add Season 16 to my South park DVD collection... 

• Like 2

Today, after the Futurama block, Comedy Central will be burning through all of the South Park Christmas specials, as well as the last two episodes from 2014. I don't think those count, but it is set around Christmas, and Santa Mr. Hankey a very special guest shows up to save the day. That's as close as Matt & Trey will get these days.

Heads up . . . to commemorate today's events, Comedy Central is running the 20th season right now. And if you miss it, don't worry . . . it's going to be run again, preceded by "Stunning & Brave" and "Where My Country Gone?"

This show absolutely cracks me up. I've seen some eppys more than once (or three times.) :-)

My bf does the voices and quotes many characters. My favorite is when he does the voice of "Towel-y."

I have to admit I have used , "Screw you guys, I'm going home" many times. heh with the hand gestures.

As mentioned above, "hail, Satan" by the squirrel was gold.

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 0:55 PM, ari333 said:

I have to admit I have used , "Screw you guys, I'm going home" many times. heh with the hand gestures.

My husband and I have matching "Screw you guys....." t-shirts.  He also has a "I know I am awesome and cool" shirt, and used to have one that said "Whatever!  I do what I want!", but that one wore out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, funky-rat said:

My husband and I have matching "Screw you guys....." t-shirts.  He also has a "I know I am awesome and cool" shirt, and used to have one that said "Whatever!  I do what I want!", but that one wore out.

Ooooh I want some. How much did they cost? I ask bc I looked at getting a "Bazinga" t-shirt for my bf, but I couldn't bring myself to pay$30 for it. :-)

"I love Cheesy Poofs!"

Also, the ones with Cartman's  kitty crack me up .  

Cartman's anal probe got me hooked on the series. As I recall, that eppy was pretty early - maybe season 1.

Why does Cartman sounds southern sometimes? "Hey, Kitty, that's mah (my) pot pah (pie.)"

"Respect my authori-TAH!" still makes me laugh.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ari333 said:

Ooooh I want some. How much did they cost? I ask bc I looked at getting a "Bazinga" t-shirt for my bf, but I couldn't bring myself to pay$30 for it. :-)

"I love Cheesy Poofs!"

Also, the ones with Cartman's  kitty crack me up .  

Cartman's anal probe got me hooked on the series. As I recall, that eppy was pretty early - maybe season 1.

Why does Cartman sounds southern sometimes? "Hey, Kitty, that's mah (my) pot pah (pie.)"

"Respect my authori-TAH!" still makes me laugh.

They came from Casual Male/Destination XL - my husband and I are both a little on the chubby side, plus he's long through the body, and they make extra long shirts.  You can peruse their website - I think 1X is the smallest.  They're expensive, but do run sales.  We got all of the ones we have at one of their outlets - they have really cool shirts of all kinds that he and I both have a lot of and we get lots of compliments on (like the Abbey Road album cover, but with Pac Man and 3 ghosts).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, funky-rat said:

They came from Casual Male/Destination XL - my husband and I are both a little on the chubby side, plus he's long through the body, and they make extra long shirts.  You can peruse their website - I think 1X is the smallest.  They're expensive, but do run sales.  We got all of the ones we have at one of their outlets - they have really cool shirts of all kinds that he and I both have a lot of and we get lots of compliments on (like the Abbey Road album cover, but with Pac Man and 3 ghosts).

OOOh ! Thank you!