David T. Cole

Impractical Jokers

Joe also has the sweet baby blues, lol, but he looks older than Sal, maybe? Sal's look--dark hair, blue eyes, readysmile--definitely wins points for him.

• Like 1

Joe is my favorite but when Sal loses it (especially during a challenge), I laugh harder than he does. Nothing funnier than seeing someone laugh so hard they literally have tears.

• Like 1

Not sure where else to post this.... My hubby and I saw these guys live last October (the Santiago Sent Us tour). All I can say, is if you love this show and these guys, SEE THEM LIVE. We had second row seats and I was laughing so hard, each of the jokers pointed and laughed at me at some point during the show. Joe is my favorite, so I had my "Team Joe" shirt on and at the end of the show, he pointed to me and bowed. I swooned (his eyes are gorgeous, right?). I can't wait until their next tour.

(And I'm in agreement with everyone else who can't stand the Casey Jost moments... Why is he even on the show?!).

• Like 1

Murr with the spray hair had me laughing until I cried. And Joe's continued "slipping backwards" while Sal kept protesting was hysterical.

ThenCasey Jost had to stick his mug in there, and all the laughter in my house stopped.

I thought it was a subpar episode, the punishment with Sal at the psychic was just lame. Didn't care about Joe's "slipping backwards" either, although he's usually good for the physical comedy.

I did find Murray's fake hair interesting (I thought it looked real). The only part I really enjoyed was the beginning when they were reading each other's TV show pitches.

I agree, they are the cruelest to him in every way. He's my favorite, probably because he looks exactly, and I mean EXACTLY like my husband. They could be brothers. The major differences are the my husband is not a tv star, and he doesn't manscape as extensively as Murr. Ha.

Edited by littlemommy
  • Like 1

I feel like there are hardly any challenges now. I'd pass up the "behind the scenes" stuff for another challenge. And I wish they'd blast Casey Jost into space.

• Like 3

According to Murr's Twitter feed, they were filming in Hawaii and poor Murr had to face his NUMBER ONE fear for his punishment. Any guesses as to what it is?

Spoiler

Sharks!!!

Poor Murr!!

But lucky @littlemommy; a hubby as handsome as Murr? I am jealous. :-)

Edited by 17wheatthins · Reason: Can not spell when thinking about Murr lol

Here's a pic from the last live show I went to, in Waterloo, NY on April 1; the challenge was to be the creepiest of the,Jokers. They said Murr won and never had tosay a word LOL

IMG_1367.JPG

• Like 2

This week's punishment was hard to watch; harder still because it was Murr. I don't really like that his punishments seem moremean-spirited than the others'. And PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE stop putting Casey Jost at the end of the episodes! He. Is. Neither. Funny. Nor. Charming.

On 4/21/2017 at 2:19 AM, 17wheatthins said:

This week's punishment was hard to watch; harder still because it was Murr. I don't really like that his punishments seem moremean-spirited than the others'.

That was the one where he had to take cigarettes out of people's hands, wasn't it? I agree, that wasn't entertaining to watch, it was just painful.

The most recent episode with Q and the turkey legs wasn't much fun either. He was apparently getting nauseous from eating all that turkey. And they said he had just eaten a full meal before filming that, ugh. It reminded me of the one where he had to eat the meal in the backseat of his jeep while Racecar Bob was driving him around the obstacle course, and he was getting carsick. I always laugh when Sloppy Joe comes in though.

• Like 1

Just watched last night's episode. I noticed that during Sal's comedy act punishment, I was actually dreading the Impractical Insider portion that was coming up with Casey Jost. Nothing against Casey Jost, I would hate this segment no matter who was hosting it.

• Like 1

I saw them live not long ago as well and LOVED the clips they showed of the guys being "creepy". Murr won, hands down!!

Anybody know if/when that episode will air? I hope I haven't missed it!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DocOFtheDead said:

I saw them live not long ago as well and LOVED the clips they showed of the guys being "creepy". Murr won, hands down!!

Anybody know if/when that episode will air? I hope I haven't missed it!

It hasn't aired yet; hopefully for the "summer season", although sometimes the bits don't make it to air at all, but I hope this one does.

• Like 1

On ?6?/?18?/?2017 at 5:23 PM, 17wheatthins said:

It hasn't aired yet; hopefully for the "summer season", although sometimes the bits don't make it to air at all, but I hope this one does.

thanks 17wheatthins!

• Like 1

On 6/17/2017 at 1:42 AM, bmoore4026 said:

Anyone else put off when the other guys rag on Q for liking comic books?

It's not really that much of an insult, especially these days.

On 7/15/2017 at 8:23 AM, rmontro said:

It's not really that much of an insult, especially these days.

Well, I mean when they say "How many comic have you read? How many trees have you planted?"

I've come to the conclusion that Joe is the funniest of the Jokers. I was watching the Hawaiian episode with Joe playing a psychic, he had his female customer in stitches. He always seems to look for the comedic angle and takes his punishments with a good attitude.

On the other hand, he also seems to be the one who takes the most enjoyment out of his friends' discomfort.

• Like 3

Well, the episode with Murr having to wear Q's hair was a good one, but Joe's genie punishment? Most I've laughed in a long time! His staying limo shine being hoisted up and flown all around and into props was fine physical humor.

And Murr's accidental bank shot with the "kumquat" into Sal's arms during the Over the Shoulder challenge? Beautiful!

I am impressed with how hard they work on trying to keep the show fresh. These guys put a lot of effort into their brand. If more people were interested here, I could make a subforum for their other two shows.

On 8/12/2017 at 2:17 AM, 17wheatthins said:

I am impressed with how hard they work on trying to keep the show fresh. These guys put a lot of effort into their brand. If more people were interested here, I could make a subforum for their other two shows.

What shows are those?

Maybe I'm not that bright, but I would be totally fooled by Murr's "Q wig" if I saw it in public. It looks natural to me, like it could be his own hair.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rmontro said:

What shows are those?

Maybe I'm not that bright, but I would be totally fooled by Murr's "Q wig" if I saw it in public. It looks natural to me, like it could be his own hair.

They do an Impractical Jokers: Inside Jokes that is basically the older episodes with little factoids that pop up with trivia and episode information.

There is also an Impractical Jokers: After Party which I guess is kind of like Talking Dead as it airs live right after a new episode and host Joey Fatone along with some or all of the Jokers discuss the episode that just aired.

And I would totally think that was Murr's real hair also! :-)

4 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

They do an Impractical Jokers: Inside Jokes that is basically the older episodes with little factoids that pop up with trivia and episode information.

There is also an Impractical Jokers: After Party which I guess is kind of like Talking Dead as it airs live right after a new episode and host Joey Fatone along with some or all of the Jokers discuss the episode that just aired.

Okay, I am familiar with those shows. I kind of consider "Inside Jokes" just basically an alternative version of the regular shows. I wouldn't think we would need another subforum to discuss that show or After Party, I would think they could be discussed here. Especially considering the traffic here is fairly light for such a popular show. But it's not my website, maybe the moderator would feel differently.

• Like 1

Well, I am probably the only person in the country that finds these howling idiots completely and totally unfunny. Someone in my home watches this and I cringe every time I hear them laugh hysterically at their lame jokes. I wear this badge with pride. To each his own. Peace.

Oh my Gosh, this was a really funny episode! I loved the 4 man challenge in the waiting room; Joe is in my opinion the most consistently funny one in the group. His apple/water sneeze was disgusting but hilarious.

And the punishment? Sal was a way better sport than I expected after being shoved by Murr into that gross water. And I can never get enough of seeing Murr with kids; his enthusiasm is infectious. But the thing that sent me on a laughing fit was Murr spontaneously shoving Sal off the plank after asking if he had any last words.

All in all one of the best episodes I've seen in a while! XD

On 8/18/2017 at 1:40 AM, 17wheatthins said:

Oh my Gosh, this was a really funny episode! I loved the 4 man challenge in the waiting room; Joe is in my opinion the most consistently funny one in the group. His apple/water sneeze was disgusting but hilarious.

I agree that Joe is the most consistently funny joker.

Murr did seem to really enjoy that pirate adventure. If it was a punishment for Sal, it was like a reward for Murr. Sal and the milk was the funniest part of the episode for me, That jingle he was singing was pretty catchy:
"But the captain's milk, it is the best, because it comes from a woman's breast".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rmontro said:

I agree that Joe is the most consistently funny joker.

Murr did seem to really enjoy that pirate adventure. If it was a punishment for Sal, it was like a reward for Murr. Sal and the milk was the funniest part of the episode for me, That jingle he was singing was pretty catchy:
"But the captain's milk, it is the best, because it comes from a woman's breast".

I was happy that Sal was so easygoing (well, easygoing for him) during the punishment. Usually he complains more, but not this time! And during the After Party episode, he said I was messed up that Q and Joe tricked Murr into also drinking the breast milk, and that he (Sal) was worried about parasites swimming up his "pee hole" after he got pushed into the water. I remember that in the New Orleans punishment, when Sal had to be the Bog Monster for his punishment, he actually wore a condom while he was in the water because he was so afraid of getting parasites!

And I have a special soft spot for Murr, so his enthusiasm while playing a pirate was so infectious! And when Sal was walking the plank and Murr pushed him off so giddily I laughed so hard! I can't put into words how happy this show makes me.

• Like 2

I watched the latest episode where the Joker were teaching computer tech to seniors, and I swear the guy in Q's class (who called him a nut job) was in the audience when Sal gave his "Scared Straight" punishment talk to a bunch of seniors.

• Like 2

That could be! They do tend to go back tolocations every once in a while. I expect it's getting a little harder to film in NYC without being recognized.

Q's senior tech challenge was so funny, with him saying he thought it was a class for seniors (Latin men) and then that video chat with that nude guy LMAO!

Murr's dad was pretty cool. His facial reactions were golden.

My mom passed away 2 years ago & my dad has been pretty bereft ever since. This is the only show that consistently makes him laugh, and I love these guys for that.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

That could be! They do tend to go back tolocations every once in a while. I expect it's getting a little harder to film in NYC without being recognized.

There was a recent show, I can't remember what it was, but another semi-famous person was talking about hanging out with the Jokers, and how they would get mobbed by fans. It's hard to believe they don't have trouble filming because of being recognized. I really think that a lot of people actually do recognize them but just sort of play along.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rmontro said:

There was a recent show, I can't remember what it was, but another semi-famous person was talking about hanging out with the Jokers, and how they would get mobbed by fans. It's hard to believe they don't have trouble filming because of being recognized. I really think that a lot of people actually do recognize them but just sort of play along.

I saw that! Colin Jost from SNL said they got mobbed in New Orleans LOL

if I saw them filming & they approached me, I would definitely try to play along(but I would probably be too giddy).

46 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

I saw that! Colin Jost from SNL said they got mobbed in New Orleans LOL

That's right, thanks. Was it on an After Party? I can't remember where I saw it.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, rmontro said:

That's right, thanks. Was it on an After Party? I can't remember where I saw it.

Yeah, After Party. Those are pretty good; I like hearing them talk about the episode after it airs.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2017 at 8:16 PM, 17wheatthins said:

Yeah, After Party. Those are pretty good; I like hearing them talk about the episode after it airs.

I'm not a big fan of the After Parties, they remind me of the newer Casey Jost segments that run now right after the punishment. Although I like that we get to see some of the deleted gags, like this week's "Impossible Puzzle" for kids, that was funny. I also liked the Toilet Soldiers (on the regular show). Especially when Sal was defending the toy, saying the kids wouldn't have to play in the water, and then they ran the commercial which showed the kids dipping the soldiers into the toilet water.

I notice a lot of times the Jokers seem to play the bits more for laughs than necessarily to get the win. Which takes a bit of nerve, because I know I wouldn't want to do some of those punishments. Some aren't bad, but some are.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rmontro said:

I'm not a big fan of the After Parties, they remind me of the newer Casey Jost segments that run now right after the punishment. Although I like that we get to see some of the deleted gags, like this week's "Impossible Puzzle" for kids, that was funny. I also liked the Toilet Soldiers (on the regular show). Especially when Sal was defending the toy, saying the kids wouldn't have to play in the water, and then they ran the commercial which showed the kids dipping the soldiers into the toilet water.

I notice a lot of times the Jokers seem to play the bits more for laughs than necessarily to get the win. Which takes a bit of nerve, because I know I wouldn't want to do some of those punishments. Some aren't bad, but some are.

I think the main reason I like After Party is that I enjoy seeing the behind the scenes stuff & hearing some of the anecdotes about the episodes. I also like Joey Fatone a fair amount more than Casey Jost (although CJ has become less obnoxious to me lately). I just like hearing the guys talk amongst themselves :-)

This most recent episode, with the toys and the "don't send" emails was pretty funny, and I liked Sal's punishment, especially the lady who yelled at him for shushing her XD

Murr's "hair" is looking better, too.

25 minutes ago, 17wheatthins said:

This most recent episode, with the toys and the "don't send" emails was pretty funny, and I liked Sal's punishment, especially the lady who yelled at him for shushing her XD

That reminded me of my ex-wife, who used to have some sort of thing about being shushed. She absolutely hated getting shushed, and would get very angry about it. I thought it was funny that Sal was so embarrassed that he went and hid in the kitchen and wouldn't come out. Sal is often the biggest baby about being punished, but they don't usually push him too far.

I also liked the scenes where Murray got that guy to go see Aladdin with him. He had supposedly asked everyone on the crew and no one wanted to go see Aladdin with him. It's funny because you wouldn't think a famous guy like Murr would have trouble finding someone to go to a show with him. You'd think there would be single women out there who would jump at the chance to go to a show with him.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, rmontro said:

That reminded me of my ex-wife, who used to have some sort of thing about being shushed. She absolutely hated getting shushed, and would get very angry about it. I thought it was funny that Sal was so embarrassed that he went and hid in the kitchen and wouldn't come out. Sal is often the biggest baby about being punished, but they don't usually push him too far.

I also liked the scenes where Murray got that guy to go see Aladdin with him. He had supposedly asked everyone on the crew and no one wanted to go see Aladdin with him. It's funny because you wouldn't think a famous guy like Murr would have trouble finding someone to go to a show with him. You'd think there would be single women out there who would jump at the chance to go to a show with him.

I think most women are hard wired against "shush" LOL! I know I would get pretty angry if someone did it to me.

I loved that kid & that Murr a) treated the whole night because he invited the kid and b) bought the kid's brother a ticket as well (discussed on After Party). That's old school manners. My boyfriend does the same; if he invites, he pays. Actually, now that I think of it, if I invite, he pays too! LOL unless I absolutely insist on treating, which I do, I swear! :-)

• Like 1

On 9/2/2017 at 11:40 PM, 17wheatthins said:

I loved that kid & that Murr a) treated the whole night because he invited the kid and b) bought the kid's brother a ticket as well

I wondered how that worked. It sounded like Murr had a pair of tickets, and bought a third one for the kid's brother. But were they able to get all three seats together? That seemed a little strange, or lucky, to me. Did they downgrade their seats to get three together? If they couldn't get the seats together, did Murr end up sitting by himself anyway? Or maybe he was able to use his celebrity to work something out? It just seemed to bring up more questions than it answered, but I may be the only person who cared lol.

Edited by rmontro
  • Like 1

On 9/2/2017 at 11:40 PM, 17wheatthins said:

I think most women are hard wired against "shush" LOL! I know I would get pretty angry if someone did it to me.

I agree...I will get instantly irritated if I am sushed; I am not a child. I have a coworker who does it whenever someone says something she does not want to happen, like it will ward it off. Angers me every time, even when it's not aimed at me - I think it's so rude.

How long does Murr have to wear that thing on his head? I saw the original episode, but I totally can't remember. Is he allowed to wash it? Because it's looking kind of ratty.

Edited by Nessie
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Nessie said:

I agree...I will get instantly irritated if I am sushed; I am not a child. I have a coworker who does it whenever someone says something she does not want to happen, like it will ward it off. Angers me every time, even when it's not aimed at me - I think it's so rude.

How long does Murr have to wear that thing on his head? I saw the original episode, but I totally can't remember. Is he allowed to wash it? Because it's looking kind of ratty.

I know he has to wear it for "the rest if the season" ButI'm pretty sure it's only while filming. I don't know if wigs can be washed? My mom wore one in the 60s for formal parties but that was before my time.

On 9/4/2017 at 1:33 AM, 17wheatthins said:

I know he has to wear it for "the rest if the season" ButI'm pretty sure it's only while filming. I don't know if wigs can be washed? My mom wore one in the 60s for formal parties but that was before my time.

Thanks @17wheatthins!

• Like 1