mstaken

Best. Simpsons. Ever

One of my favorite moments in the Regina Monologues is when Homer is in prison. Homer: "It's a good thing I'm leaving before I went Nuts. Goodbye Sparkly elves. "  Sparkly elves: "Goodbye."

I can't begin to pick a favorite episode. I love the songs though, for sure - Monorail, We Put The Spring In Springfield, Who Needs the Quik E Mart, Journey Through The Betty Ford Clinic, etc etc.

One moment that has made me howl with laughter even when I know it's coming - Sideshow Bob and Cecil fighting over the dam, Bart jumps on Cecil (voiced by David Hyde Pierce) saying "GUESS WHO?" and Cecil guesses "Maris?"

kills me every time. 

I recently rewatched The City of New York vs Homer Simpson and it is pure gold. The Betty Ford song is probably my favorite Simpsons song ever, and the ending with the family begging Homer for a return visit as more revolting, putrid trash slithers all over his face...

I am sure this will be unpopular but I loved the Behind the Music themed episod that they did. I especially love Marge telling Homer to go poop in his hat. Another favorite of mine is A Fish Called Selma. I still remember all the words from the Planet Of The Apes musical.

• Like 3

I am sure this will be unpopular but I loved the Behind the Music themed episod that they did. I especially love Marge telling Homer to go poop in his hat. Another favorite of mine is A Fish Called Selma. I still remember all the words from the Planet Of The Apes musical.

I LOVE the Behind the Music episode.  

"I want to set the record straight -  I thought the cop was a prostitute." *emphatic head nod*

"But interracial homoeroticism was only chapter one of Encyclopedia Self-Destructica."

"That's ridiculous! How could I even get all five necessary drops into her cereal?"

• Like 2

I can do even better than that. I really like the New Kids on the Bleech episode (NSYNC). Not my favourite episode but it has a lot of really funny and memorable moments: the Lieutenant LT Smash thing, Superliminal advertising, Smellson. Plus the bit about the Mad Magazine writers staying up all night to come up with "Everybody Hates Raymond" and then saying it was all worth it is hilarious to me. Plus it has to be one of the first instances of Justin Timberlake doing comedy.

• Like 2

I like the NSYNC episode as well. I loved how everytime they entered the scene they would dance. I also loved this exchange with Homer and Lisa. Homer: Hehe... here comes the jealousy bug! Gonna get ya!
Lisa: Hey
Homer: Gonna get ya!
Lisa: Cut it out! You're a grown man!
Homer: :gasp: I wanna go home now!

• Like 3

After watching some season 6 episodes today, I've realized "Lisa's Rival" is one of my favorites. So many great moments: Homer and the sugar, Ralph's non-sequiturs about his cat, the bees defending themselves somehow, Milhouse the fugitive, Bart breaking the bad news about Lisa's diorama ("The important thing is we survived."), Homer thinking he can take a four-day weekend, etc.

• Like 2

I think Season 6 is my special favorite. Next is Season 5 and Season 7 and much of Season 8 and...anyway, I love a lot of seasons, and as just noted in another thread, even my least favorite seasons have a few episodes I love rewatching. My favorite of the later seasons is Season 15, which I actually love just as much as the show's golden years. 

I love too many episodes to pick favorites, but nearly all of the Sideshow Bob ones rank way up there. I also tend to love ones where Lisa teams up with either Bart or Homer against the town or some other common enemy. I also agree with the people who love a lot of the episodes where Flanders plays a big role. And while I love Homer and Marge's marriage, I tend to like Marge in smaller doses---the episodes that center around her are usually among my least favorites. 

This is probably a sign of my age and increasing sentimentality and nostalgia, but I'm finding myself really loving the earliest seasons lately---even/especially S1-S3, aka 'the seasons before the show got consistently good.' :) Season 3 in particular is TV gold for me, a perfect blend of humor and heart. I actually think right now I'd pick it as my personal favorite, even over the more understandably lauded S4-S9...though I'm still attached to S7 as well. And S5. And S6. And, for some inexplicable reason, S11. :)  

I like that one as well, In2You. 

Some current favorite episodes: Pretty much anything with Sideshow Bob (especially Black Widower and Cape Feare), and in chronological order: Simpson and Delilah, Lisa's Substitute, Stark Raving Dad, Burns Verkaufen der Kraftwerk, Radio Bart, Homer at the Bat, The Otto Show, Brother Can You Spare Two Dimes? (heh---I warned you about my current obsession with S3!), Kamp Krusty, Homer the Heretic (I tend not to love the really popular S4 episodes as much as most do!), Homer Goes to College, Bart's Inner Child, Homer the Vigilante, Lisa's Rival, Homer Badman, Homer vs. Patty and Selma, Bart Sells His Soul, King Size Homer, Lisa the Iconoclast, 22 Short Films About Springfield, Hurricane Neddy, Cartridge Family, Homer to the Max, E-I, E-I (Annoyed Grunt), Grift of the Maggi, Missionary: Impossible, Pray Anything (clearly I like the ones that explore spirituality/religion!), Margical History Tour, There's Something About Marrying, The Father, The Son and The Holy Guest Star...etc.

There are some from more recent seasons, but you're probably already very sick of reading this! If I had to narrow the above list to 10, I'd probably be at a loss, though I do know at least a few Sideshow Bob episodes, Homer at the Bat, and Lisa the Iconoclast (it embiggens my spirit!) would all make the cut :)