HGN in the Media

Thanks for the link, Rinaldo! Indeed, Our Dean is pretty dang impressive.

Share Post

Yeah, thanks for the info. I had been thinking that the name 'Butterworth' was made up for the show.

Share Post

I know the Fall Season hasn't kicked in fully, but has there been any hints as to when HGN is coming back? January 2015 at the earliest? (Lots of things have to fail for it to come back sooner, I'm not wishing that.)

Share Post

It seems like the bonus game of HGN is now a separate show(Celebrity Name Game, hosted by Craig Ferguson).

Share Post

Yay!  Maybe we'll get some HGN, post-Christmas? I know, I shouldn't be so greedy, but between HGN, Whose Line and Celebrity Name Game, I'm feeling greedy.

Edited by Actionmage.

Share Post

Any word on when the next season starts? I was hoping for a January start like last year.

Share Post

I guess it's going to be a Summer show now? I'll take that as long as it's not cancelled.

Share Post

Jane won the Emmy Award for Outstanding Reality/Reality-Competition Show Host at Saturday night's Creative Arts Emmy Awards presentation in LA. Here's a link to the complete winners' list; I think Jane's category is at/near the end.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/creative-arts-emmys-2015-winners-822621

If anyone's interested, the Creative Arts Emmys will air on FXX network this coming Saturday, September 19th, at 8:00 & 10:30PM ET & PT.

Share Post

My DVR says this is airing again on July 28 at 9 pm EDT. It seems to be the all female episode that didn't air or I missed in the spring. 

Share Post

So they're scheduling a single new episode of the show in the middle of the summer, and on the same night as the final night of the DNC? Does NBC care about this show at all?

Share Post

They're also airing repeats of two other episodes, on the 24th and 31st. I don't understand what NBC is doing with this show at all. Regardless, I'm happy to finally get the Ladies Night episode.

Share Post

I hate the way they bounce this show around and seem to use it as a filler at times.

Share Post

On 7/23/2016 at 9:40 AM, BobH said:

So they're scheduling a single new episode of the show in the middle of the summer, and on the same night as the final night of the DNC? Does NBC care about this show at all?

I think it'll be fine before the convention.  It won't be airing in direct competition with it on most of the networks except for cable.  And only the news/political junkies are going to be watching the convention on a cable channel or streaming.

This is likely a very cheap show to produce and a utility player.  So I do think they care about it in the sense that they can just air it and it'll do well.  It's not something they need to cultivate.

Share Post

The HGN Twitter feed is confirming the Ladies Night episode airs tomorrow. . . 

But my DVR is saying it's the one with Alyson Hannigan, so we'll see. 

Share Post

Starting next Monday (April 17th), reruns (presumably) of the show will start airing on GSN (Game Show Network) at 9PM Eastern/8PM Central Time. This is according to an ad I saw every time I watched other game show reruns on GSN today.

Share Post