Miscellaneous Celebrity News

12 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

It's insane that they went from being coy about dating and being engaged and it seems soon after Nick's first visit to India where the families met, they both went free for all with the interviews, covers, photoshoots, social media, etc. As I understand it, Priyanka is very established in the Bollywood world...in Hollywood, not so much. Nick Jonas may have been the most popular of the brothers (I'm assuming) but even his brother's engagement to a main cast member on Game of Thrones (which by far overshadows any of Priyanka's Hollywood work) hasn't received nearly this much coverage by Hollywood media. So I wonder if Hollywood is obsessed because this is a mixed race coupling of two relatively and well known entertainers that is quite unique by Hollywood standards, or are Priyanka and Nick's PR camp working around the clock to keep them featured as main headliners day in and day out for the past few months?

Either way, I hope it dies down soon. Even if this had to do with entertainers I really like, I would still be over hearing their names and seeing their faces everywhere all the time.

I think it is spillover from the media’s obsession with Meghan Markle. Priyanka was the only one of Meghan’s friends who would talk about her publicly and the press ate it up. No one outside of India seemed to pay any attention to her before that. 

Share Post

38 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

As I understand it, Priyanka is very established in the Bollywood world...in Hollywood, not so much. Nick Jonas may have been the most popular of the brothers (I'm assuming) but even his brother's engagement to a main cast member on Game of Thrones (which by far overshadows any of Priyanka's Hollywood work) hasn't received nearly this much coverage by Hollywood media. So I wonder if Hollywood is obsessed because this is a mixed race coupling of two relatively and well known entertainers that is quite unique by Hollywood standards, or are Priyanka and Nick's PR camp working around the clock to keep them featured as main headliners day in and day out for the past few months?

This is my feeling.  She may be a big Bollywood star, but most people in the US don't know who Priyanka is.  Even if she had  a tv show.  It was low-rated and got cancelled after two seasons.  You don't her see on the cover of any supermarket checkout line magazines.  The level of coverage I am seeing in this wedding online in media outlets that caters primarily to US and the west is simply not commensurate with her level of celebrity in these markets.  i don;t follow her on any social media or anywhere online really and yet I feel over-saturated by the coverage I am seeing

My bet is that her big money sponsors are not only underwriting the cost of her wedding, but also footing the bill of her PR machine.  If she had this level of juice in media, both trad and social, then we'd have been inundated with her way before this.  I am thinking because she is a Friend of Meghan that raised her profile enough to get her these sponsorships.  And they in turn are using her for their own marketing purposes.

Now, i respect a good hustle, but damn this is your wedding.  I don't come away from seeing the run up and think "oh, so romantic" I think "whoa, consumer spectacle."

Share Post

48 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

My bet is that her big money sponsors are not only underwriting the cost of her wedding, but also footing the bill of her PR machine.  If she had this level of juice in media, both trad and social, then we'd have been inundated with her way before this.  I am thinking because she is a Friend of Meghan that raised her profile enough to get her these sponsorships.  And they in turn are using her for their own marketing purposes.

I was wondering about how she would dig up sponsors.  I guess it would be the Meghan connection.  Pryanka & Nick bore me to death, so I would not seek out any stories about them.  The only reason I know anything about them is because their faces and their overblown wedding are absolutely everywhere.  BUT, I'm not clicking!

1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

Even if this had to do with entertainers I really like, I would still be over hearing their names and seeing their faces everywhere all the time.

Yeah, the George Clooney wedding had me bored to tears, and I actually like him.

Edited by Tanichka.

Share Post

I can't believe someone would do this, the Justin Bieber one was funny, but just saying that "this video was NOT made to intentionally hurt Travis Scott, Kylie Jenner or the entire" is just crap. This could have really hurt him.

Share Post

On 12/5/2018 at 2:45 PM, Silver Raven said:

Performers have stopped mid-line to tell audience members to stop using their phones.

When John Barrymore was playing Richard III in NYC in 1920, somebody in the audience starting laughing in a high decibel way at the line "A horse! a horse! my kingdom for a horse!"  Barrymore pointed his sword at the guy and ad libbed (in iambic pentameter of course) , "Make haste,  and saddle yonder braying ass!"

Or so the story goes.

Share Post

I don't get how this Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas became such a big deal, but that article on The Cut was misogynistic as hell. 

Edited by SimoneS.

Share Post

1 hour ago, GaT said:

I don't even know what to say about this. The woman who helped bust up Cardi B & Offset's marriage posted a video apologizing to Cardi B because she didn't "Know How Serious His Marriage Was” WHAT?????? 

http://thatgrapejuice.net/entertainment/2018/12/offsets-alleged-mistress-apologizes-cardi-didnt-know-how-serious-his-marriage-was/

Sadly, in a world where people get divorced every five minutes, that actually makes sense. And while I don't condone the "other person" in affairs (I don't buy into the whole "they don't have an agreement with the husband/wife so have no duty to not cheat with a married person), unless she drugged or hypnotized him, apparently his marriage wasn't very important to him.

Share Post

7 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I don't get how this Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas became such a big deal, but that article on The Cut was misogynist as hell. 

Not to mention the “reporter” doesn’t know JACK SHIT about Hindu culture, let alone Hindu marriages and what they entail.😒😒😒 The worst part is her editor published the piece knowing it was horrible. And then pulled it only after backlash, with the typical “we apologize for ...blah blah blah.” Just trying to cover their ass to excuse any responsibility they had in the whole thing.

Share Post

On 12/6/2018 at 12:02 PM, DearEvette said:

or are Priyanka and Nick's PR camp working around the clock to keep them featured as main headliners day in and day out for the past few months?

Bingo !

Share Post

https://deadline.com/2018/12/four-weddings-and-a-funeral-tom-mison-ashley-madekwe-to-recur-on-hulu-series-1202516480/

Again, I'm so happy for Tom Mison, but why wasn't this woman cast by Sleepy Hollow when whatever happened between the show and Nicole Beharie happened?  A far better fourth season twist would have been the Rev Knapp zapped Abbie into this actresses' body for safe keeping and proceeded with Ichabbie.  It would have had a better chance of making their true core audience happy; certainly more than that Jr MasterChef/Cousin Oliver casting stunt they tried.  But oh no, not those writers. . . .     Let me shut up and let sleeping dogs lie.     Congratulations, Tom!  

Edited by MissAlmond.

Share Post

49 minutes ago, MissAlmond said:

Again, I'm so happy for Tom Mison, but why wasn't this woman cast by Sleepy Hollow when whatever happened between the show and Nicole Beharie happened?  A far better fourth season twist would have been the Rev Knapp zapped Abbie into this actresses' body for safe keeping and proceeded with Ichabbie.  It would have had a better chance of making their true core audience happy; certainly more than that Jr MasterChef/Cousin Oliver casting stunt they tried.  But oh no, not those writers. . . .     Let me shut up and let sleeping dogs lie.     Congratulations, Tom!  

She wasn't available, she was on Salem at the exact same time Sleepy Hollow was on.

Share Post

6 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

She wasn't available, she was on Salem at the exact same time Sleepy Hollow was on.

Ok, but I was actually attempting to make a bigger point.  She's not the only actress they could have looked at.  

Edited by MissAlmond.

Share Post

If anyone wants a comparison for how big and elaborate Indian weddings are, just take a look at Anand Piramal and Isha Ambani's wedding this weekend. These two are very very very rich, they are business people and graduates of Yale and Harvard. Their wedding is supposed to feature over 1500 guests and among those guests is Hillary Clinton. 

Share Post

On 12/7/2018 at 11:18 PM, Silver Raven said:

Kirk Cameron and his sister Candace were messing around on go karts and Kirk ran over Candace's hand and she had to go to the hospital.

https://ew.com/celebrity/2018/12/07/candace-cameron-bure-go-karting-accident-brother-kirk/

That sounds so painful. Those things are not toys. Glad she is okay. Even now, they are still kids at heart. Despite their crazy religion, we never hear sibling rivalry between them. That's awesome.

Share Post

9 hours ago, Robert Lynch said:

That sounds so painful. Those things are not toys. Glad she is okay. Even now, they are still kids at heart. Despite their crazy religion, we never hear sibling rivalry between them. That's awesome.

Crazy religion?

Share Post

While I'm glad neither Cameron sibling got hurt, I just wish someone would ask Mrs. Bure during a live interview 'What would your brother have to say or do for you to say 'Yeah, he went too far. He was wrong. It's ALL his fault and he needs to just take his medicine!' 

Share Post

3 hours ago, Katy M said:

Crazy religion?

Kirk Cameron is a very strict fundamentalist Christian.  He will not take roles where he would have to kiss a woman other than his wife.  For a professional actor, that’s kinda crazy.  His sister doesn’t seem to follow the same rules, she does a lot of Hallmark type movies.

Share Post

32 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Kirk Cameron is a very strict fundamentalist Christian.  He will not take roles where he would have to kiss a woman other than his wife.  For a professional actor, that’s kinda crazy.  His sister doesn’t seem to follow the same rules, she does a lot of Hallmark type movies.

But she wouldn't wear a Little Mermaid costume that showed her belly button on DWTS, because her belly button is reserved for her husband. 

Share Post

Oh, dear.  Granted, I only know her from the tuna commercials, but she bugs me in those, and I've wondered if she's as nutty as he is.

Share Post

I won't lie, I'll always have a soft spot for her as DJ Tanner on Full House. She got SO much shit for her weight when she was just a teenager (because God forbid any teenage girl on television weigh more than Alyssa Milano did on Who's the Boss?--and I love her, too) , so I was always happy when she got the last laugh and not only lost weight in a healthy way*, but that she CLEARLY works out and is fit in that way as well (meaning in terms of exercise and not just food intake). I guess being married to a retired hockey player (Valeri Bure, brother of fellow hockey player Pavel) really helps out in that department.

But yes, while in some ways she might seem less crazy than her older brother in terms of religion (he's kind of hard to beat there tbh), she has also been big on saying how as a Christian wife, she feels the need to be submissive to her husband--yeah, no. 

*Sadly, she DID have a brief bout with bulimia during her first year of marriage, as she was both living far away from her family for the first time and dealing with her husband traveling for his hockey career (and given that her brother's Growing Pains co-star, Tracey Gold, suffered a very public battle with anorexia, that makes it even sadder, IMO, since she probably saw some of that up close), but she did recover and became healthy again. 

Edited by UYI.

Share Post

In reaction to the Kevin Hart business, Nick Cannon has taken it upon himself to go dig up alleged homophobic comments from female comedians.  Why he's only looking at females, I don't know.

Share Post

2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Kirk Cameron is a very strict fundamentalist Christian.  He will not take roles where he would have to kiss a woman other than his wife.  

His wife, actress Chelsea Noble, acted as his' co-star's body double for at least one kissing scene.

...And yet, she appeared in a an episode of Seinfeld several years into their marriage (they married in 1991), despite otherwise almost exclusively working in either her husband's projects/Christian movies (plus the GP reunion movies with him) since Growing Pains ended in 1992. Weird. 

Share Post