All Episode Talk: 3 Men, A Mom, A Girl, And A Baby

How on earth was Danny ever going to fit into the Prince's costume if it fit Tucker? Tucker's about half his size. 

I did laugh at Riley yelling at everyone she deserved two snacks because she was pregnant. 

Share Post

On good thing about Brad remaining in the clink is that he may get a role in that Guys and Dolls production. Fingers crossed.

When did Riley ever used to go to Ben about important stuff? Of course it was always Danny, and even when it wasn't, I feel like both Tucker and Bonnie were ahead of Ben there. It's the same thing like Ben being her emergency contact (last season?). It doesn't track with the show. Plus, weird choice on not giving Riley and Danny a scene after their worries about impending parenthood. Instead it's Ben's the perfect Dad. What? If anything, the logical message should have been that you need help. Or at least use this for comedy.

We'll see. Heh.

Share Post

Oh, I think they've been pretty consistent about Ben and Riley being best friends since childhood. She always had a crush on  him but he never realized it because he was too busy chasing after other girls. Remember when they worked together at the ice cream parlor as teenagers? I do think he's always seen her as a buddy.

Why on earth didn't Bonnie have her phone recording when her boss confessed to the crime? Dumb! 

Share Post

Danny and Riley have been best friends since childhood. All the flashbacks made it look like Ben avoided Riley or approached her so he could mock her. And they had no contact since high school until Danny called her when Emma showed up.

Share Post

Yes, their childhood dynamic was Danny and Riley were best friends, while she drooled over Ben and he largely ignored her. It was much of the same for most of the show's run, though Ben was definitely less mean. I do like that the dynamic has changed to that of Ben and Riley being mutual friends now that she's got the ridiculous crush on him out of her system.

Share Post

I like the change of the dynamic as well, I just don't get the writing casting it in light of it always being like that. Particularly when there was no need for it, since Riley confiding in Ben made perfect sense here. She didn't feel she could confide in Danny since he was freaking her out and Ben has first hand insight into parenthood.

Share Post

Boy, every episode, they're blowing Riley up twice as big as the last one. They're definitely going to have her give birth in the finale.

Meanwhile, there's an episode pairing they haven't done much before: Riley and Tucker. I liked it, it was fun.

Share Post

Can she even make it to the finale? Or maybe the kid will come out as big as Emma is now.

Riley and Tucker are always fun. I miss him putting his head on her shoulder like he used to when they pretended to be a couple. 

I thought (hoped) that Bonnie would take both Ben and Danny on the cruise and that would be their storyline in the episode.

Share Post

I knew Tucker's ex-girlfriend had to be lying about her "husband" the minute he opened his mouth and a purse fell out. I'm just surprised they tried to play him as straight. Whatever, the whole scenario was kind of funny. And of course we got Danny's shirt off again. Danny and Ben chasing each other around the whole episode was fun too. We don't get enough of the brother dynamic lately and it was nice seeing the revert to childhood competing against each other.

Share Post

I was actually hoping that Bonnie would end up sending the boys on the cruise together and offer to take Emma for the week. She should have at least been impressed Ben listens enough to have all those answers. Also, I know job realism doesn't really exist here, but no way would a lawyer who just made junior partner, and will soon be leaving on maternity leave, take a week long vacation. 

I thought it was kind of nice that it was tucker who ended up going to the class with Riley. I also figured the ex also had a fake relationship, but didn't see the end coming with how Tucked handled it so I liked the surprise. 

Share Post

I'm oddly invested in Ben finding Elle. I don't know if it's because Jean-Luc Bilodeau does a lovestruck face well so just a general chemistry in their brief meetings. As long as they don't kill her off onscreen like 10 minutes after the get together.

Edited by JustaPerson.

Share Post

I was honestly surprised at the wedding. I was confident they'd pull the Leathal Weapon 4 scenario and Riley would decide she they had to get married right before she delivere.

Share Post

Yeah, that was a surprise. Although, since I doubt a delivery in the finale will also have time for a wedding, it makes sense to do it now.

Share Post

This show continues to crack me up from start to finish. It's just so damn cute and there are so many genuinely funny moments, like Ben trying to think of a "subtle" way of getting that girl's attention and then knocking over a serving tray one of the waiters is carrying. Then Tucker just yelling "Hey! Elle! Is your name Elle?" 

I think the only problem I had with this one is that Riley was kind of a bitch to Danny about him trying to plan the wedding. And I think it's mainly because whatever conversation they had about marriage took place off screen so we really don't know what her understanding of it was.

Bonnie knocking that lady overboard (and onto Edgar) was hilarious.

Share Post

32 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I think the only problem I had with this one is that Riley was kind of a bitch to Danny about him trying to plan the wedding. And I think it's mainly because whatever conversation they had about marriage took place off screen so we really don't know what her understanding of it was.

Agreed. Throughout the whole episode, it seemed like Riley was the one blowing Danny off every time he would bring up eloping, only for the last cruise ship scene having Riley point out that HE'S the one that had been ignoring her (by running around scheming with his mother) and that they'd previously discussed and decided to get married after the baby was born. Once she said that, I was on her side, but I wish they'd established that first instead of making her seem totally unreasonable.

Share Post

11 hours ago, kariyaki said:

Agreed. Throughout the whole episode, it seemed like Riley was the one blowing Danny off every time he would bring up eloping, only for the last cruise ship scene having Riley point out that HE'S the one that had been ignoring her (by running around scheming with his mother) and that they'd previously discussed and decided to get married after the baby was born. Once she said that, I was on her side, but I wish they'd established that first instead of making her seem totally unreasonable.

Yeah, her actions made way more sense after that point was made clear.  I don't get why the wedding was rushed either - I was really looking forward to the chaos of a Perrin-Wheeler shindig.

Share Post

Bonnie's "I can keep a secret; just ask your sister in Phoenix" had me laughing out loud, even if it makes no sense. Danny is her first-born (she even said so), so when did she have a child no one knows about?

I know this show had had its ups and downs and often been frustrating, but I've been invested in Danny and Riley from when he first revealed he'd always had a crush on her, all the way back to high school when she was fat. I was happy to see them get married.

Share Post

I hate how RIley just assumed they'd move without even talking with Danny about it first. It's like she still refuses to see Danny as a partner even after their wedding. So frustrating. 

Share Post

I forgot all about Roger the assistant. He used to be on Telenovela. 

all the way back to high school when she was fat. 

If Riley had a life-long weight problem, and she's eating everything in sight now, she should be a LOT heavier than she is. 

I was just saying last week I missed Sandra and here she is again. But a little of her goes a long way. I'm not sure I really buy Tucker being that into her. If we're heading for a series finale this season, Danny and Riley will be all wrapped up with their marriage and baby and I imagine Ben will finally find Elle. Is Sandra supposed to be end-game for Tucker?

Share Post

It felt like the show gave more weight to Riley and Bonnie's in this episode than Danny and Riley's last week when they got married.

That ending was a great punchline. I don't get what she sees in him either. I mean, Tucker?! Hee.

Share Post

19 minutes ago, bijoux said:

It felt like the show gave more weight to Riley and Bonnie's in this episode than Danny and Riley's last week when they got married.

I think they're trying to cram a bunch of plotlines in before the baby's birth episode, which I'm guessing will be the finale. Clearly, they think that this year is it (although they thought that last year and here we are).

I did like them addressing Bonnie's attitude toward Riley. I never thought Bonnie disliked Riley, Bonnie is abrasive, she's like that to her loved ones. I think if she hadn't liked Riley, she wouldn't have acknowledged her at all. But I can see how Riley might not be able to pick up on that. She's insecure that way. It ended very sweetly for them, yet still hilariously.

"You can call me Mom."
"Okay... Mrs. Wheeler..."

And then when Riley tries calling her Mom later, they both are not into it.

Share Post

I thought their scenes were great. I just wish Danny and Riley got the same treatment in their wedding episode. Speaking of, I'm shocked her mom gave them the fancy stroller after she wasn't invited to the wedding.

4 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

I think they're trying to cram a bunch of plotlines in before the baby's birth episode, which I'm guessing will be the finale. Clearly, they think that this year is it (although they thought that last year and here we are).

How many episodes is this season supposed to have? Their seasons generally have about 20, I think.

Spoiler

I saw the press release for episode 11 (the spring finale) which heavily implied that that's when the baby's born. Is it supposed to be the last episode of the season?

Share Post

1 hour ago, bijoux said:

How many episodes is this season supposed to have? Their seasons generally have about 20, I think.

I honestly have no idea. 20-ish, usually, but I don't even know if they've had the back half ordered or not. 

Share Post

The number of episodes for this season is still listed as "TBA" so who knows? There were 20 last season; how many have aired so far since March? Nine? Doesn't seem like that many. 

Share Post

Rushing the wedding in that way is also a budget issue.  It would cost money to bring back so many actors (the boys' dad, Riley's parents and her sister) along with the extras.

Share Post

Have we ever even seen Riley's sister? I only remember an off hand reference to her.

Share Post

Just read that Baby Daddy was renewed! Guess this won't be the final season after all.

Share Post

I`m so sad it`s been cancelled. I really liked this show. The actors who play Bonnie, Ben and Danny all posted on fb about the cancellation and thanked the fans. So sad.

Share Post

Seems like there will be another half season. Free form was promoting next week as the Spring finale. 

Share Post

2 hours ago, AdorkableWitch said:

Seems like there will be another half season. Free form was promoting next week as the Spring finale. 

That episode has been marked as spring finale before the news of the cancellation, so I think the odds are not in favor of Baby Daddy getting renewed retroactively.

This really was a great episode. The plots with the brothers and Riley, Bonnie and Brad were firing on all cylinders. That last formation isn't really something we've seen since Tad, right? This is Riley Perrin, wife of husband Danny Wheeler, killed me dead. Tucker's C-plot was the weakest, but still very good. It peaked at, I bet you wish you'd done a few more squats right about now.

What was Bonnie screeching as everyone was getting out of the apartment?

Share Post

Well that's a shame, and I'll be sorry to see it go. It is one of the very few comedies on TV that consistently makes me laugh out loud. Damn Zap2It for saying it was renewed (although I guess maybe they meant it had been renewed for 2017 - these summer shows follow a different schedule). I'm guessing the actors were all getting too expensive and FreeForm would rather just try something new.

Share Post

It was a great episode and I'm sad there's only one left. It was funny and I loved all the different story lines. The cake mix-up and the other couple's reaction was hilarious, heh. I'm going to miss this show so much.

There's a petition going around to try and get Freeform to make 6 more episodes. In two days it's gotten about 10, 000 signatures. I don't know if it'll do any good but I signed it anyway.

Share Post

Just caught a new promo, they're now advertising it as the "100th Episode Series Finale".  Sadness.  I'll miss this goofy show.

Share Post

On 5/16/2017 at 4:22 AM, bijoux said:

What was Bonnie screeching as everyone was getting out of the apartment?

"Whatever drugs they offer you, take 'em!"

Share Post

What, they don't even tell us what Riley and Danny name their baby? It's like my annoyance with the Desperate Housewives finale all over again (they ended that show without telling us what Julie named her baby there too).

Share Post

This didn't feel like a series finale. It felt more like it was planned as a mid-season finale and that they expected to film more episodes. There wasn't enough closure and there wasn't really anything spectacular about the episode.

I will say that Jean-Luc Bilodeau has a nice singing voice and the number was cute in a corny way. 

I wonder if maybe the end was hastily re-written and/or re-filmed? It looked like we were in for yet another case of mistaken identity when Ben told Bonnie to give "Elle" his contact info and Bonnie thought Elle was the other girl. And then Elle turns out to be the delivery doctor. On the other hand based on the Tweets it sounds like this episode was filmed a long time before the cast found out Freeform decided not to do any more episodes.

Share Post

2 hours ago, iMonrey said:

This didn't feel like a series finale. It felt more like it was planned as a mid-season finale and that they expected to film more episodes. There wasn't enough closure and there wasn't really anything spectacular about the episode.

It's a tough call. The ending made it seem like they were expecting/hoping for the rest of the season to get picked up like it normally does but at the same time, they engineered the half-season to fly by way faster than it normally has, which makes me think they thought it was likely to end. What was it, six/seven months time lapse to get Riley to the pregnancy finish line? It took them two seasons and three sets of babies to age Emma that much previously.

Share Post

Even though the finale was several weeks ago, I do want to say that the last scene of Ben and Emma was really touching, and when Ben choked up, you knew it was Jean-Luc Bilodeau expressing his real-life feelings. 

I'm going to miss this silly little show.

Share Post