Blind Items: Daredevil In The Media

The Knight of Flowers as Danny Rand... hmm... well, okay. The thing is, Marvel has yet to let me down when it comes to casting.

Share Post

Really? I mean... really? I barely remember him from Game of Thrones, that's how bland he was. Add him to the horrendously bland Mike Colter, and that is not a pairing that has me saying, 'sweet christmas!'.

But I love Jessica Jones, and I really like Charlie Cox as Daredevil. If they get Trish Walker as a regular on The Defenders, I'll be looking forward to it no matter how disappointed I am by the other two.

Share Post

All I remember Loras doing was looking petulant and banging Renly. And the Renly thing ended in Season 2. Since then, he's basically been petulant. But it's not a major major role that does a lot so I'm not going to judge him solely on that.

We'll see what happens when he puts on Danny Rand.

Share Post

All I remember Loras doing was looking petulant and banging Renly. And the Renly thing ended in Season 2. Since then, he's basically been petulant. But it's not a major major role that does a lot so I'm not going to judge him solely on that.

We'll see what happens when he puts on Danny Rand.

Same here. I've been totally avoiding all teasers and trailers, because I dinna want tae be spoiled!  But now I must go Google Danny Rand so I know WHO he's supposed to be so I can be in a position to say whether Jones is doing a good job.

But honestly? Everyone cast in this show has been great, so I have to believe he'll do a good job too!

Share Post

How does the 4th season of Arrow have a better rottentomatoes rating than Daredevil season 2? Like, Frank's monologue in episode 4 is better than the entirety of season 4 of Arrow. SMDH

Edited by JustaPerson.

Share Post

This is probably offtopic or something, but I really dig this video:

Share Post

Well, in what is likely thought of as the worst-kept secret ever and not surprising whatsoever, it's official: The Punisher gets his own Netflix series! I'm not against this at all, but the landscape seems to be getting crowded now.

If DD does get a third season, I can see it holding off 'til 2018 at the going rate; that can hurt momentum, maybe.  :-\

Share Post

I saw that coming. I do really hope for a Daredevil season 3 though, and I don't want it to be 2018 or so. I want it next season :)

Share Post

2018 might be too soon, even, if Netflix sticks with the two-per-year rate.

2016:  Daredevil 2, Luke Cage

2017:  Defenders (?), Iron Fist (?)

2018:  Jessica Jones 2 and/or Punisher* and/or Daredevil 3

They've got to move to at least three per year, right?  Right?!

*Punisher is one property that I see being a limited run, like a one-off.

Edited by netlyon2.

Share Post

Wait a minute - we have to wait until 2018 for Daredevil 3?!?  Please tell me this is just speculation!

In other news, I just bought tickets to Wizard World Comic Con in Chicago in August strictly for the Daredevil panel.  So excited!  (Well, OK, I'm also excited that Norman Reedus will be there.  He doesn't even go to Walker Stalker con!)

Share Post

Jessica Jones is filming back to back with the Defenders, so season 2 could be released earlier for that show. Daredevil Season 3 is looking like it will be in 2018. 

Share Post

This article's focal point is Amazon's Transparent, but for the curious, assuming these are based on any sort of reality, there are some actual alleged "concrete numbers" for online shows and what constitutes a "hit" in today's streaming market, and Daredevil is listed.

Share Post

On 5/18/2016 at 5:04 PM, Sakura12 said:

Jessica Jones is filming back to back with the Defenders, so season 2 could be released earlier for that show. Daredevil Season 3 is looking like it will be in 2018. 

Which is why I wish the Netflix show schedule wasn't so overloaded. It may not be light years, but 2018 is still quite a wait...assuming that is when any alleged season 3 would occur, as there has been nothing concrete said (as far as I know) about a prospective third season. Sigh.

Share Post

Just finished looking over the complete Emmy nomination list. Daredevil is up for Best Sound Editing and Best Stunt Coordination.

Share Post

Finally! Renewed for Season 3.

I just saw this and was extremely happy.

Share Post

5 hours ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

Teaser trailer!

Neat looking, even if it really emphasizes how Marvel's version of Hell's Kitchen is such an alternate universe to the real world (there being no such subway stop on the NY red line)

Share Post

This likely involves all Netflix Marvel shows, but I'll put it here since Daredevil was first.  :-)

Sigourney Weaver has joined Netflix's The Defenders (and was joined by Charlie Cox, Krysten Ritter, and other Marvel show leads at NY Comic Con).

Share Post

You know your dramas have prestige when actresses like Sigourney Weaver and Alfre Woodward are doing them. A comic book show, who would have thought? :)

Share Post

I think this calibre of actors would do the Netflix MCU, not abc and the rest. Still, it makes the likes of Hawkeye and Black Widow series not so far fetched after all. Won't happen, but just illustrating a point ...

Share Post

On 10/10/2016 at 4:02 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Looks like Daredevil is coming to Blu-Ray in the US, after all. It will be released on November 8th.

Already preordered most of the online retailers have it listed and available for preorder.

Share Post