LuAnn de Lesseps: No Longer a Countess, Still Never a Princess

25 minutes ago, smores said:

I THINK (and I might be totally wrong), that you could hold a deed to a home in a trust for a minor child, because the child can't be on a deed.  I'm saying this because of research I've done based on looking into what would happen to property in the event of the death of a parent with minor children.  If you have kids and both parents die, you couldn't leave the house directly to the kids and transfer it right to them, the way you could if they were 50 when the parents die, so, the house would be put into a trust, which would then own it for the child.  The house could either stay in the trust later on and be sold from it, with the child being the beneficiary of the trust and getting the proceeds, or, at some later date (say, like this one, when the kid turns 30), the trust dissolves and the kid becomes the actual owner of the house on the title.  So, my understanding is that because the kids were both under 18, when the divorce was finalized and Luann got the full deed to the house, she was supposed to create a trust to own the portion for the kids.  

She couldn't sell that house for a new one of equal value, though, unless she had the assets to bring to the table to pay off the remainder of the cost of the new house.  Assuming no fees, for the sake of easy math, she sold the first house for $8M, the kids get $4M put aside and half ownership of the new house.  She was only able to mortgage 50% of the value of the original home, so, she was limited to a property of $4M or less, unless she had $4M liquid to bring to the transaction on her side.  

Thank you 

Share Post

15 minutes ago, AnnA said:

You are correct about the trust owning half the home on behalf of minor children.

However, had LuAnn created and funded the trust with proceeds from the marital home in Bridgehampton and bought the Sag Harbor home with her share of those proceeds, she would not have to give the children half ownership of the new house.

The divorce decree that was quoted in the lawsuit was pretty specific about that.  It specifies that the children will be listed as owners on any subsequent homes in paragraph 27:

https://radaronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/rhony-luann-de-lesseps-sued-husband-breach-trust-divorce-alexandre-kids-docs-02.pdf

It does seem to say, on re-reading, though, that she could reinvest the entire proceeds of the sale, but, she could only mortgage half the home.  So, I guess she technically could have bought a more expensive property, but, she would only have been able to mortgage half the value of it.  In any event, it does also specify that Luann is the one responsible for all costs, so I wonder where realtor fees and that sort of thing fall?  Obviously that puts any sort of taxes and property improvements on "her" side of the equation, but, I wonder if it could be argued that she also would take the hit for the cost of selling.  

Share Post

5 minutes ago, smores said:

The divorce decree that was quoted in the lawsuit was pretty specific about that.  It specifies that the children will be listed as owners on any subsequent homes in paragraph 27:

https://radaronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/rhony-luann-de-lesseps-sued-husband-breach-trust-divorce-alexandre-kids-docs-02.pdf

Yes but that's only if she didn't split the 1st home (or proceeds) with them [which she didn't do].   She only has to do it once.   She doesn't have to give half ownership to her kids for every house she ever buys

Share Post

3 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Yes but that's only if she didn't split the 1st home (or proceeds) with them [which she didn't do].   She only has to do it once.   She doesn't have to give half ownership to her kids for every house she ever buys

Yes, she does, up until the date of the termination of the trust.  She has to maintain their interest in the asset.  It specifically says " . . . provided that the children shall continue to be the ownders, in Trust, of an undivided one-half interest in said property . . ."

Share Post

OK, y'all - this is SO random and so funny (to me).

I was shooting the shit with my physical therapist today as he was working his magic on the knots in my neck, and he mentioned some Halloween costume contest his PT facility competes in every year, against other Physical Therapists (who knew?!).  He said they won 2nd place last year with their Pirates of the Caribbean theme, and that I should check out their picture on my way out.  I did, and there he was, front and center, looking EXACTLY like LuAnn's pirate!  I think I may have squealed just a little, and blurted out "If you tell me you also fucked a New York housewife dressed up like that, I will DIE right here!".  He didn't get it, but I just knew you guys would.  :-D

Now back to your regularly scheduled Trust Law programming ...

Share Post

5 minutes ago, smores said:

Yes, she does, up until the date of the termination of the trust.  She has to maintain their interest in the asset.  It specifically says " . . . provided that the children shall continue to be the ownders, in Trust, of an undivided one-half interest in said property . . ."

No she only has to do it once.   The kids get half of the marital home or its proceeds - not half of any home LuAnn ever buys in her lifetime.    If she put half the proceeds from the Bridgehampton house in a trust when she sold it, she'd be done with this.  Let's say it was the 4 million she put in a trust.   That's it,  she would have been done, done, done.

Share Post

40 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

OK, y'all - this is SO random and so funny (to me).

I was shooting the shit with my physical therapist today as he was working his magic on the knots in my neck, and he mentioned some Halloween costume contest his PT facility competes in every year, against other Physical Therapists (who knew?!).  He said they won 2nd place last year with their Pirates of the Caribbean theme, and that I should check out their picture on my way out.  I did, and there he was, front and center, looking EXACTLY like LuAnn's pirate!  I think I may have squealed just a little, and blurted out "If you tell me you also fucked a New York housewife dressed up like that, I will DIE right here!".  He didn't get it, but I just knew you guys would.  :-D

Now back to your regularly scheduled Trust Law programming ...

giphy.gif

How hilarious would it have been if 2 of the women were dressed as Luann AND Sonya?

IIRC they both had fun with the Pirate's Plank

Share Post

1 minute ago, KungFuBunny said:

giphy.gif

How hilarious would it have been if 2 of the women were dressed as Luann AND Sonya?

IIRC they both had fun with the Pirate's Plank

If that had been the case, I surely would've had a stroke right then & there!!!  And sadly, only my fellow PTVers would have any idea how this could happen.  :-)

Share Post

I just watched the episodes with the "pirate" and I didn't get what all the lust was about. I thought that guy was average at best and all kinds of skeevy.  Also, I thought that when he was first introduced to the group that Sonja said he was married to her friend who owned the nightclub, then Sonja f's as well.  Anyway, not to detract from the thread at hand.

Congrats to everybody who've made the sober journey! I am going on 4 1/2 years myself. It doesn't matter how you got there, it's staying there that matters!  Bottoms up with my N/A. Australian ginger beer/lemonade faux shandy!

The trust details are too mind-boggling and I left having to hear about financial issues on a daily basis happily behind me several years ago when I changed careers.  Not to piracy, toaster ovens, cabaret acts or anti-skincare!

Share Post

On 8/29/2018 at 8:00 PM, CharlizeCat said:

I just watched the episodes with the "pirate" and I didn't get what all the lust was about. I thought that guy was average at best and all kinds of skeevy.  Also, I thought that when he was first introduced to the group that Sonja said he was married to her friend who owned the nightclub, then Sonja f's as well.  Anyway, not to detract from the thread at hand.

Congrats to everybody who've made the sober journey! I am going on 4 1/2 years myself. It doesn't matter how you got there, it's staying there that matters!  Bottoms up with my N/A. Australian ginger beer/lemonade faux shandy!

The trust details are too mind-boggling and I left having to hear about financial issues on a daily basis happily behind me several years ago when I changed careers.  Not to piracy, toaster ovens, cabaret acts or anti-skincare!

I think Lu REALLY liked the fact that Tomas resembled Johnny Depp a great deal- - at least when dressed as the Pirate of the Caribbean. 

Share Post

On 8/29/2018 at 8:00 PM, CharlizeCat said:

I just watched the episodes with the "pirate" and I didn't get what all the lust was about. I thought that guy was average at best and all kinds of skeevy.  

9 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think Lu REALLY liked the fact that Tomas resembled Johnny Depp a great deal- - at least when dressed as the Pirate of the Caribbean. 

Agreed, hoodooznoodooz. Also never underestimate the power or beer goggles. Or, in Lu’s situation: winetequilavodka glasses. 

I’ll admit I thought Thomas was hot the first time I saw the episode. But upon subsequent viewing I agree that his whole vibe is one of skeeze. 

Edited by Duke2801.

Share Post

2 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Agreed, hoodooznoodooz. Also never underestimate the power or beer googles. Or, in Lu’s situation: winetequilavodka glasses. 

I’ll admit I thought Thomas was hot the first time I saw the episode. But upon subsequent viewing I agree that his whole vibe is one of skeeze. 

Let’s not forget that these are the same women that slept with harry and tom.

Share Post

8 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

Agreed, hoodooznoodooz. Also never underestimate the power or beer goggles. Or, in Lu’s situation: winetequilavodka glasses. 

5 hours ago, bagger said:

Let’s not forget that these are the same women that slept with harry and tom.

You guys are making me laugh!  Sometimes I cringe when I remember some of the losers I was “with” in my twenties. But I kind of had an excuse: I was an idiot twenty-something. These women? Not so much.  

Share Post

I’m watching WWHL with LuAnn and I cannot believe that Wonky Eyed Andy went ahead and did a shotski with her there. “Lu, you’re sitting this one out”...This guy can’t forgo one shotski when he has a guest in recent recovery?!? What the fuck is wrong with this guy? He has literally zero self awareness. What a schmuck.

Share Post

They've put juice in the shotski for other sober guests. Maybe Lu just refused to be part of a drinking ritual?

Share Post

7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

They've put juice in the shotski for other sober guests. Maybe Lu just refused to be part of a drinking ritual?

If she did refuse, good for her!

I'm honestly rooting for her.

Share Post

I had to crack up at Lu stating she went to Rehab under her own recognizance. LOL! She just should have said she went on her own or better yet to look better at her hearing. Oh and that pesky reunion . Instead she left us listening to B and C scream and rant for 3 hours. Thanks Lu! 

I'm glad she is sober. I don't care about why.....as much;)

Share Post

On 2018-08-25 at 8:28 PM, BodhiGurl said:

I honestly can't stop laughing... turn sound up (hoping this link works)

Wow... Luann’s voice is so high! And blonde hair! But it’s her voice that’s a surprise. 

Love the Jovani 

Share Post

I’m sorry but I just watched WWHL and Lu is in more denial than EVER. 

She said she went to rehab after her arrest of her own decision and Dorinda was full of shit it wasn’t court ordered. Ummm Dorinda said it was PRACTICALLY court ordered which is the truth! 

Then she described the lawsuit re the kids interest in the Hamptons home as a “hiccup”. The hiccup was that she wanted a home upstate not in the Hamptons. She “decided” to keep the Hamptons home and she is getting a house upstate with a defiant shake of the head “IN ANY CASE.” Umm the hiccup wasn’t where you want to live it was that you didn’t set up the mandated trust from a court order ! Does she think we are so stupid that we don’t see that she was forced to keep the Hamptons house AND to set up the court ordered trust ? She didn’t decide to keep it she had to, to avoid a shit ton of consequences . Hmmm kind of like go to rehab in December voluntarily or face a shit ton of consequences.

Does she think we don’t see ??????????????????? She’s the only one who doesn’t see ! 

She is as pompous and tone deaf as ever and maybe more, this is scary . Drinking isn’t her problem, drinking is only a symptom of her issues. Keep diggin Lu! You are NOT there yet and fooling no one but yourself. 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI.

Share Post

10 hours ago, Sunfield said:

Wow... Luann’s voice is so high! And blonde hair! But it’s her voice that’s a surprise. 

Love the Jovani 

Wow! Yeah, her voice IS so high! Maybe it really was all the cigarettes that deepened her voice. (I’m looking at you, Patty and Selma Simpson.)

Share Post

Does Lu realize she has a terrible singing voice - is she a comedy act or what?

Share Post

26 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

What is she wearing? Lol 

Not Jovani

maybe slurrinda had her gowns repossessed 

Share Post

25 minutes ago, nexxie said:

Does Lu realize she has a terrible singing voice - is she a comedy act or what?

I wonder that everytime I hear her. Is she tone deaf?

As an aside, I wish I was born without shame, because it looks like fun to not care what others think of you. Or to be clueless. 

Share Post

4 hours ago, chewycandy said:

What is she wearing? Lol 

I think the look she is going for is “pre-Labor-Day pimptastic.”

Edited by hoodooznoodooz.

Share Post

13 hours ago, chewycandy said:

What is she wearing? Lol 

I would wear that hat. No shame.

Share Post

18 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I think the look she is going for is “pre-Labor-Day pimptastic.”

LOL (love the "no white after Labour Day" fashion ref -- so fucking funny :)

Share Post

12 hours ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

I would wear that hat. No shame.

Yeah her hats aren’t bad. The jacket was giving me Dorothy Zbornak vibes :)

Share Post

Is Lu back in rehab or what? They replayed her appearance on "WWHL" last nite and from what little I watched, she must not be ready to be sober and open! She denied so much of what the girls said about her at the reunion! She not only wasn't thrown out of that party, she wasn't even there! Poor, pathetic thing is in complete denial; now this crap with her kids! WOW, what a mess! ;-(

Edited by Fiero425.

Share Post

17 minutes ago, Fiero425 said:

Is Lu back in rehab or what? They replayed her appearance on "WWHL" last nite and from what little I watched, she must not be ready to be sober and open! She denied so much of what the girls said about her at the reunion! She not only wasn't thrown out of that party, she wasn't even there! Poor, pathetic thing is in complete denial; now this crap with her kids! WOW, what a mess! ;-(

Lu said she felt betrayed when her ex and kids brought the lawsuit, when the point was that she had betrayed them.

Yep, denial - plus projection.

Share Post

Just a silly nitpick: Why does everyone pronounce “de Lesseps” as DEL luh seps? 

My French teacher taught me, “C’est la spécialité de la maison.”

“de” with the “oo” sound, as in “put.”

I think only Alexandre pronounces it the way I was taught. 

Maybe it’s just easier?

But even Lu pronounces it the first way...

And she speaks French (with a bad accent).

Share Post

My French teachers taught the me the same, Hoodooznoodooz. 

I think they'd say it's duhlesSEP (but that sound is like the vowel sound in the word "derp", sorta. We don't really have that sound in English -- you kind of have to retrain your mouth to make those sounds, different tongue placement or sumpthin.

Share Post

On 9/12/2018 at 1:33 PM, nexxie said:

Lu said she felt betrayed when her ex and kids brought the lawsuit, when the point was that she had betrayed them.

Yep, denial - plus projection.

Totally. I was shocked. She called it a hiccup ! A hiccup??? And she doubled down on it with arrogance the entire half hour.

Share Post

For anyone who will be in the area of Huntington, Long Island on 12/21/18: Groupon is now offering discounted tickets for "Countess Luann and Her Holiday Cabaret Show" at the 'cavernous" Paramount Theatre. They're "selling fast" at $25, priced down from $66.75. Any takers?

Share Post

On 9/14/2018 at 10:54 AM, Jel said:

My French teachers taught the me the same, Hoodooznoodooz. 

I think they'd say it's duhlesSEP (but that sound is like the vowel sound in the word "derp", sorta. We don't really have that sound in English -- you kind of have to retrain your mouth to make those sounds, different tongue placement or sumpthin.

Thank you for confirming this, Jel! Every time someone says the name, I furrow my unBotoxed brow.

Share Post

1 hour ago, Mannahatta said:

For anyone who will be in the area of Huntington, Long Island on 12/21/18: Groupon is now offering discounted tickets for "Countess Luann and Her Holiday Cabaret Show" at the 'cavernous" Paramount Theatre. They're "selling fast" at $25, priced down from $66.75. Any takers?

I have this hazy memory of an Econ class... a graph of some type... there was a supply of something? But wait! Also a demand...? I dunno...

LuAnn sings? 

Share Post

7 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I have this hazy memory of an Econ class... a graph of some type... there was a supply of something? But wait! Also a demand...? I dunno...

LuAnn sings? 

You are evil. I'm so proud.😸

Share Post

1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

LuAnn sings? 

She opens her mouth and sound comes out but I wouldn't call it singing.

Share Post

7 hours ago, Mannahatta said:

And if anyone goes can you please report back!

Share Post

19 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

She opens her mouth and sound comes out but I wouldn't call it singing.

Sooooooo happy that you are posting again. Your posts are always valuable and interesting to read, no matter which HW you’re commenting on. I know we’re not agreeing on Bethenny right now, but I believe and hope that we will always agree on the royal chanteuse. 

Share Post

On 9/11/2018 at 11:21 PM, chewycandy said:

Yeah her hats aren’t bad. The jacket was giving me Dorothy Zbornak vibes :)

Yes, I totally see Dorothy, even in how she’s holding her left arm close to her body. 😆

Share Post

1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Sooooooo happy that you are posting again. Your posts are always interesting and valuable to read, no matter which HW you’re commenting on. I know we’re not agreeing on Bethenny right now, but I believe and hope that we will always agree on the royal chanteuse. 

Aww, thanks! I mostly stick to the personal threads of the older cast members.  I haven't commented much because I didn't actually watch the season until I had a cold a couple of weeks ago and I binge watched under the influence of Nyquil (I stopped watching right before they all got diarrhea, tho. I figured it's enough of a shit show without actual shit). 

Speaking of shit, Luann sure is one.  I had her pegged from the first season where it was clear she was a stuck up phony and a crummy mother.  I'm not surprised at all that she has ripped off her kids. They were never her priority.  She always treated them more like accessories in her life, just something she produced because it was expected of her and kept around because they were decorative.  They make for nice pictures and stuff, lol. Okay, okay ... I know that's too harsh.  I'm just trying to make my point.  I'm sure Luann loves her kids. But I don't think she has the relationship with them she wants people to think she has.  I don't think much of her life is the way she wants people to think it is, actually. She wants to come across as a glamorous chanteuse but the reality is that she's a twice divorced 50+ year old woman battling a drinking problem that got her in a ton of legal trouble with kids who are suing her and who depends on whoring herself out on a reality show for a living. She'd have no singing career without the show, and both will eventually come to an end.  She apparently cannot make it through the night without a man, and too often liquor and desperation appear to be her matchmaker.  

I don't know what Luann sees when she looks in the mirror - the classy but slinky seductress who people are lining up to see, or an aging alcoholic with legal, financial, and family troubles ... but if she doesn't find a path to health and stability soon, she's going to end up in Sonja territory - a broke ass,  promiscuous drunk clinging to her past with people alternating between laughing at her and pitying her.  Unlike Sonja, however, I think Luann is capable of pulling herself out of her downward spiral because she is smarter and has more insight than Sonja.  Lately those traits seem dormant, but I do wish her well.  She still has the opportunity to truly reinvent herself, if only she would realize that she needs to.

Share Post

15 hours ago, Mannahatta said:

$25?   OMG!   Sounds like LuAnn's cabaret career is tanking.    Huntington, Long Island is not far from where I live but I wouldn't go see her show if it was free.

Share Post

9 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Aww, thanks! I mostly stick to the personal threads of the older cast members.  I haven't commented much because I didn't actually watch the season until I had a cold a couple of weeks ago and I binge watched under the influence of Nyquil (I stopped watching right before they all got diarrhea, tho. I figured it's enough of a shit show without actual shit). 

Speaking of shit, Luann sure is one.  I had her pegged from the first season where it was clear she was a stuck up phony and a crummy mother.  I'm not surprised at all that she has ripped off her kids. They were never her priority.  She always treated them more like accessories in her life, just something she produced because it was expected of her and kept around because they were decorative.  They make for nice pictures and stuff, lol. Okay, okay ... I know that's too harsh.  I'm just trying to make my point.  I'm sure Luann loves her kids. But I don't think she has the relationship with them she wants people to think she has.  I don't think much of her life is the way she wants people to think it is, actually. She wants to come across as a glamorous chanteuse but the reality is that she's a twice divorced 50+ year old woman battling a drinking problem that got her in a ton of legal trouble with kids who are suing her and who depends on whoring herself out on a reality show for a living. She'd have no singing career without the show, and both will eventually come to an end.  She apparently cannot make it through the night without a man, and too often liquor and desperation appear to be her matchmaker.  

I don't know what Luann sees when she looks in the mirror - the classy but slinky seductress who people are lining up to see, or an aging alcoholic with legal, financial, and family troubles ... but if she doesn't find a path to health and stability soon, she's going to end up in Sonja territory - a broke ass,  promiscuous drunk clinging to her past with people alternating between laughing at her and pitying her.  Unlike Sonja, however, I think Luann is capable of pulling herself out of her downward spiral because she is smarter and has more insight than Sonja.  Lately those traits seem dormant, but I do wish her well.  She still has the opportunity to truly reinvent herself, if only she would realize that she needs to.

No one has summarized Lu’s current life so accurately. 

Bolded is hilarious. 

Share Post

It's no longer just hinted at or suggested, LuAnn's ego has officially reached the stratosphere.  

From her Instagram:  "I know it’s only September but I have a Christmas gift for you! We just added more dates for #countessandfriends."

Dear God.  All that talk of humility after being arrested for being dangerously drunk and assaulting/threatening the police, was clearly just lip service.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated.

Share Post

It was interesting how Andy made a point of asking the HWs at the reunion if they thought the “success” of the cabaret show had changed Lu. Were people gossiping about Lu’s ego, and it got back to Andy. 

Share Post

From Hollabackcards:

Can you imagine if Luann gets a percentage of money instead of Dorinda?

40049550_179408516279258_171094470760581

Share Post