Where'd My Show Go? And Other Reorganization Information (Updated Jan 11)

Hi David/Silver. I have been watching the Netflix true crime documentary Murder Mountain and I don't want to be yelling at my TV alone. There used to be a true crimes category and a Netflix category and I can't seem to find either of them.  Thank you!

Share Post

OK thanks, I have figured out how to follow shows and have started doing that (I needed to disable my adblocker to see the follow symbol first).

Share Post

13 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Okay. So I created a stream (not sure if I'll actually use it) but am I correct in assuming that when 4.0 arrives, all my followed Forums and Topics will appear on one page?

Yep!

12 hours ago, ratgirlagogo said:

Season 5 of Botched (the current season that just started about three weeks ago) is and has been a single topic thread.  But now (unless I'm not understanding something) the first part of the thread , the December part, is read-only and there's a new thread that starts from December 29th, that is discussing just the January episodes from the same season.  

Anything and everything Botched may be discussed in the new topic, have at it!

4 hours ago, Mystery said:

It seems like both the old and the new Late Show with Stephen Colbert forums are read-only; is that right? Or am I fool without a mind? (the ultimate insult in my "Gigi"-loving mother's repertoire of insults!) 

The forum for the Late Show with Stephen Colbert is read-only, the new place to discuss the show is here.

2 hours ago, spankydoll said:

Hi David/Silver. I have been watching the Netflix true crime documentary Murder Mountain and I don't want to be yelling at my TV alone. There used to be a true crimes category and a Netflix category and I can't seem to find either of them.  Thank you!

General True Crime discussion hasn't moved, nor has True Crime: Beyond The Show and neither has Netflix discussion which lives here. I don't know if it was these forums/topics you meant but that's all I can think of.

23 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Just out of curiosity, are the Misc. TV and Off Topic threads going to be “tidied up” also?

Nope, they're staying as they are.

Share Post

14 hours ago, justmehere said:

I'm using the Followed Content link and switching between Topics and Forums, which is fine for now. I have one question and one issue, though, related to sort order (I've chosen Title in both views).

Question: Will shows beginning with "The" continue to be sorted under "T" rather than the first letter of the main title? (Example: I'm looking for The Crown near the top of my list yet it appears near the bottom.)

Issue: Despite choosing Title in the sort order drop down, every time I access the page, Topics are out of order, reversed, actually, with end of the alphabet at the top. Title is checked under sort order, but I have to select it again to get "A-Z" rather than "Z-A." The Forums view does NOT have the same problem; they sort properly (even if I click there without resorting Topics).

Thank you.

The new system will account for A and The. We'll try to address the issue of the sorting selection not sticking in the new design.

5 hours ago, SVNBob said:

This thought for the reorg just came to me recently.   It ought to easily work from a technical/software standpoint, but I'm not sure it would be something that either the mods and admins want, or the rest of the posters would like.  Still, might as well share.

For forum shows that are part of a major franchise but the rest of the franchise is in individual threads, would it make sense to move and pin those individual threads into the show forum?  For example: The Law and Order franchise still has SVU as a forum in the L section.  Why not move the rest of the franchise (L&O Classic, CI, UK, etc.) threads into that forum, and pin them to the top so they're readily visible?  Ditto with doing the same with the old Star Trek series (TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, and ENT) in the Discovery forum in the S section.

This would keep the entire franchise together in one easy to find location.  And it would appear to be relatively simple to just change the name on the "franchise" forum if the anchor show gets reduced to a single thread and/or replaced by a new show in the franchise.

Just a thought.

Thanks for the suggestion but we tried a similar idea a couple years ago and it sucked. Most franchises will be grouped together anyways with Marvel being the exception.
Also, there's nothing stopping someone from making a post about it and linking to all the other shows if they really want to I guess.

Share Post

I'm not sure whether to ask here or in the "Questions" thread, but it seems to be related to the discussion above...

When I'm looking at the "standard" home page, and select a forum - say, "Other A shows" - without opening the individual threads, is there a way to see which I'm following?  Similar to the icon that shows I've posted in the thread, or maybe something I should hover my cursor over?

Basically I'm trying to catch and "follow" anything I want to eventually have on my new CHP.  I've added some things already, but as each letter group is finalized, I'd like to go back through and make sure I've followed everything I wanted.  As it stands, if I don't remember for sure whether I've already followed something, I have to open the thread and check.  Not a big deal, but would be nice.

Or maybe there's a different way to accomplish that?

Share Post

Is there going to be any set criteria on what shows get a forum, once this is all done?

Share Post

21 hours ago, SoMuchTV said:

I'm not sure whether to ask here or in the "Questions" thread, but it seems to be related to the discussion above...

When I'm looking at the "standard" home page, and select a forum - say, "Other A shows" - without opening the individual threads, is there a way to see which I'm following?  Similar to the icon that shows I've posted in the thread, or maybe something I should hover my cursor over?

Basically I'm trying to catch and "follow" anything I want to eventually have on my new CHP.  I've added some things already, but as each letter group is finalized, I'd like to go back through and make sure I've followed everything I wanted.  As it stands, if I don't remember for sure whether I've already followed something, I have to open the thread and check.  Not a big deal, but would be nice.

Or maybe there's a different way to accomplish that?

Nope, the only way is to check your followed content unfortunately.

11 hours ago, Mystery said:

Thanks, SilverStormm!

Happy to help.

4 hours ago, Lili said:

Is there going to be any set criteria on what shows get a forum, once this is all done?

Short answer, no. Long answer, it'll be on a case-by-case basis.

Share Post

PTV is an awesome forum for talking about our favorite (and hated) shows.  As with all construction/renovation, there will be detours and disruptions.  Frustration is normal, but we'll get used to the new system and soon be back to commenting and snarking and sharing full force.  To those answering individual questions, your patience is noteworthy.    Thanks to all involved for keeping this site up and running and for making improvements.

Share Post

Can we have a forum for Good Trouble? Also where am I supposed to request new forums? 

Share Post

2 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

Can we have a forum for Good Trouble? Also where am I supposed to request new forums? 

A topic exists for Good Trouble in 'Other G Shows'. No need to request forums for shows like this; you can start new show topics in whichever 'Other _ Show' area is appropriate based on the letter index of the show name. 

Please ensure a topic doesn't already exist before starting a new one. Thanks.

Edited by SilverStormm. Reason: Updated info

Share Post

If Forums could pop to the top when I refresh, that would be great. 

This is not a user-friendly format, just my opinion.

Share Post

I have looked for a forum or thread for Sorry for you loss and I can't find one.  It isn't in the vault for S shows so I think the various threads would have been merged but I can't find it in the Other S Shows section either.  Have I overlooked something?

Share Post

15 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

Nope, the only way is to check your followed content unfortunately.

Happy to help.

Short answer, no. Long answer, it'll be on a case-by-case basis.

If it's a case-by-case basis, will the community be allowed to give input too?

Share Post

If a show is currently in the M Vault--MacGyver--is that a temporary holding spot, and it will be sent to Other M shows eventually as a topic, or does that mean it will be sent to the Vault and be read only?  

Share Post

In addition to what I just posted, I see that MacGyver is read only already so probably staying in the vault.  In a case like shows like this where you still want to discuss/ask questions, etc, is there literally no place to do so?  I would think shows like MacGyver would be a great place for it to be a topic for all episodes so discussion could still take place.  I totally support the site overhaul as there are many shows without a lot of discussion, but at the same time making some current shows as read only is a difficult change.

Share Post

The Married to Medicine forum disappeared yesterday from the forums list. When I look under the forums I follow it is there. However, the thread for the current season (Season 6) is missing from the forum itself

Share Post

Please ignore previous post. I finally found it in Other M shows

Share Post

14 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

If Forums could pop to the top when I refresh, that would be great. 

This is not a user-friendly format, just my opinion.

What we have presently is temporary, things will be different/better once the CHP is rebuilt in 4.0 - eta Jan/Feb.

12 hours ago, MaiaH said:

I have looked for a forum or thread for Sorry for you loss and I can't find one.  It isn't in the vault for S shows so I think the various threads would have been merged but I can't find it in the Other S Shows section either.  Have I overlooked something?

This was deleted in the recent cull of quiet/dead/neglected forums, you are welcome to start a topic for it in Other S Shows.

10 hours ago, Lili said:

If it's a case-by-case basis, will the community be allowed to give input too?

Requests may be submitted via the mods for consideration along with reasoning, however, it should be noted we anticipate topics upgrading to forums will be the exception not the rule. Aka 99% will likely remain as topics but it doesn't hurt to ask as we may have overlooked something.

1 hour ago, alexa said:

If a show is currently in the M Vault--MacGyver--is that a temporary holding spot, and it will be sent to Other M shows eventually as a topic, or does that mean it will be sent to the Vault and be read only?  

M is still undergoing processing, all vaulted forums will have a replacement topic in Other M Shows once M is completed.

1 hour ago, alexa said:

In addition to what I just posted, I see that MacGyver is read only already so probably staying in the vault.  In a case like shows like this where you still want to discuss/ask questions, etc, is there literally no place to do so?  I would think shows like MacGyver would be a great place for it to be a topic for all episodes so discussion could still take place.  I totally support the site overhaul as there are many shows without a lot of discussion, but at the same time making some current shows as read only is a difficult change.

All vaulted forums will have a replacement topic in Other M Shows once M is completed.

1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

The Married to Medicine forum disappeared yesterday from the forums list. When I look under the forums I follow it is there. However, the thread for the current season (Season 6) is missing from the forum itself

M is still undergoing processing, the Season 6 topic has been renamed and moved to Other M Shows to be used as the new place to discuss the show.

1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

Please ignore previous post. I finally found it in Other M shows

👍

Share Post

There's probably something obvious here I'm missing, but how can I see a vaulted forum? 

Share Post

Each letter category contains its own vault where vaulted (aka read-only) forums are placed.

Share Post

Earlier I asked about how to get into the vault--right after I posted I saw how to do it. (Of course it was obvious.) So you don't have to answer my question. Thanks!

Share Post

Now that Mythbusters has been made into a single thread, how about splitting Mythbusters Jr., which is more or less a spin-off of Mythbusters, into a separate thread?

Share Post

1 hour ago, Lili said:

Now that Mythbusters has been made into a single thread, how about splitting Mythbusters Jr., which is more or less a spin-off of Mythbusters, into a separate thread?

If you would like to start a new thread for Mythbusters Jr you are very welcome to do that.

Share Post

I'm sorry if I'm missing them, but I can't find the topics for Million Dollar Listing L.A. or Million Dollar Listing N.Y. They're vaulted but not in OTHER M shows that I can find. The L.A. version is currently airing.

Thanks to the siteowners and staff for all the work on this.

Share Post

M isn't completed yet, the backend stuff is done but other humans follow along to create the new topics for vaulted forums. This will be done sometime today then announced in the OP.

Share Post

Where is Masterpiece? I don’t see it vaulted or in other M shows. 

Share Post

why are the "other" a b c etc. shows, not in alphabetical order? how are you supposed to find a show? this is terrible. i don't know if i am even adding (following?!) correctly. 

Share Post

7 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

If you would like to start a new thread for Mythbusters Jr you are very welcome to do that.

Yeah, but some Mythbusters Jr. discussing is in the Mythbusters thread. That's why I asked posts pertaining to that show to be split into its own thread.

Share Post

3 hours ago, chitowngirl said:

Where is Masterpiece? I don’t see it vaulted or in other M shows. 

Each Masterpiece show is now a single topic in 'Other _ Shows' according to the letter it starts with.

3 hours ago, msrachelj said:

why are the "other" a b c etc. shows, not in alphabetical order? how are you supposed to find a show? this is terrible. i don't know if i am even adding (following?!) correctly. 

Like with any forum, all 'Other _ Shows' forums can be sorted according to the users preference by clicking the 'Sort by' button at the top right when in the forum, whether by title, last replied to etc. Presently the choice defaults to 'Last replied to' but we're looking into having user preferences stick in the new design.

Share Post

1 minute ago, Lili said:

Yeah, but some Mythbusters Jr. discussing is in the Mythbusters thread. That's why I asked posts pertaining to that show to be split into its own thread.

I'd have no idea which posts go where, sorry. So starting afresh is the best option.

Share Post

Is the MasterChef (AU) old forum totally gone, or has it been archived somewhere? There'd been tens of pages of posts that I'd hate to see lost.

Share Post

So sometimes I like having threads to follow, other times, I'm fine with following a whole forum.  What is annoying is that for a show I'm following the whole forum, each time I respond in a specific thread, the system automatically adds that thread to followed content as well.  Is there a way to stop that from happening?  If I want to follow something, a forum or a thread, I will designate it as such.  I don't need the system to do it for me.

Share Post

On 1/12/2019 at 2:29 PM, Arutha2321 said:

Is the MasterChef (AU) old forum totally gone, or has it been archived somewhere? There'd been tens of pages of posts that I'd hate to see lost.

It's totally gone from our site unfortunately, however, you may be able to view the previous content via the Internet Archive aka the Wayback Machine.

Share Post

12 hours ago, Hanahope said:

So sometimes I like having threads to follow, other times, I'm fine with following a whole forum.  What is annoying is that for a show I'm following the whole forum, each time I respond in a specific thread, the system automatically adds that thread to followed content as well.  Is there a way to stop that from happening?  If I want to follow something, a forum or a thread, I will designate it as such.  I don't need the system to do it for me.

This can be changed in your notification settings:

5c3d8158954bb_ImagefromiOS.thumb.jpg.ae56ec1bef0fb3f75975b4194be4e6ab.jpg

Share Post

Are new show forum requests being taken again yet? There's a new show that never had a forum, but has a thread, and I may want to request a forum for that, depending on how things go. And with these changes, how do we go about requesting new show forums now? Are there any certain formats to follow like before?

Share Post

6 hours ago, Lili said:

Are new show forum requests being taken again yet? There's a new show that never had a forum, but has a thread, and I may want to request a forum for that, depending on how things go. And with these changes, how do we go about requesting new show forums now? Are there any certain formats to follow like before?

Yes, please see the new pinned topic in the New Show Forum Requests area.

Share Post

Thanks for the hard work reorganizing PTV.   There were way too many shows/forums.   I'm trying to get used to the new format, but I do have one request/suggestion.   Is it possible to list the topics alphabetically in the "Other ABC Topics" category?    Thanks.

Share Post

You can already do that by clicking on 'Sort by' in the top right and clicking 'Title', it will then list alphabetically. Currently it defaults to 'Last replied to'.

Share Post

4 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

You can already do that by clicking on 'Sort by' in the top right and clicking 'Title', it will then list alphabetically. Currently it defaults to 'Last replied to'.

Is there any way for the site to "remember" and keep the sort by option we choose? I have to go to "sort by" each time I visit the same letter "Other (letter) shows."  Like "save changes" or something like that?

Share Post

I'm totally lost. Is Live with Kelly and Ryan still on here somewhere or is it gone? Just curious.

Share Post

11 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Is there any way for the site to "remember" and keep the sort by option we choose? I have to go to "sort by" each time I visit the same letter "Other (letter) shows."  Like "save changes" or something like that?

Presently the choice defaults to 'Last replied to' but we're looking into having user preferences stick in the new design.

1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

I'm totally lost. Is Live with Kelly and Ryan still on here somewhere or is it gone? Just curious.

That is a topic in Other L Shows.

Share Post

21 hours ago, SilverStormm said:

Thank you.

Share Post

Cannot find Starsky & Hutch. I know there was a thing for it, because I posted there at least once. I looked in Other S Shows & the Vault—not there.

Share Post

1 hour ago, BW Manilowe said:

Cannot find Starsky & Hutch. I know there was a thing for it, because I posted there at least once. I looked in Other S Shows & the Vault—not there.

If it no longer exists it was deleted due to extremely low traffic but you are welcome to start a new topic for it in Other S Shows.

Share Post