All Episodes Talk: Summer House Meets Below Deck

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

Share Post

51 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

Wow!  Second episode and no one posting?  I think it's like Below Deck but with more dreck.

The forum was only created an hour ago…give it time!

Share Post

Not feeling this show whatsoever.  Who cares about a group of no-name millennials with money living the life?  Will be surprised if it lasts the whole season.

Guess this is Bravo's attempt at appealing to the younger demographic.  The producers of this show (who also do "Vanderpump Rules") should know better.  This cast is downright boring with no big personalities. 

Edited by Jets4274.

Share Post

I am amazed that Bravo finds yet another doctor to film this crap.  My favorite "rule" to hate is the 1 before 10 or 10 before 1.  What captain wants the crew drinking in the morning.  This does not bode well.

Share Post

Episode 1:

"Bon Voyage"

In the series premiere of “Unanchored,” nine close friends put their successful careers on pause to sail the Bahamas for an epic three-week adventure. Barrett and Danielle test their relationship as they take their first trip as an official couple, while Vanessa flaunts a new flame to make ex-boyfriend Max jealous. Meanwhile, the group must adjust to their new skipper, Captain Jack, who makes a strong statement with his rules of running a tight ship.

Aired December 3, 2018.

Episode 2:

"Dick Of The Day"

The crew gear up for an exciting Bahamas New Year’s Eve complete with costumes, champagne, cheers — and tears. Rachel struggles to stand up for herself with both the girls on the boat and her reluctant boyfriend Albie. Chelsi reunites with a crush she considers out of her league, and Captain Jack must decide whether to stay in the Bahamas when he learns of a close friend’s passing back in London.

Airing December 4, 2018.

Share Post

I lasted about 10 minutes of episode 1 and folded.  I love seeing anything about sailing but no.....

Share Post

8 hours ago, jumper sage said:

What captain wants the crew drinking in the morning. 

Captain Jack!

"It's not about the meatballs & pasta.  I guess it is about the meatballs & pasta."   Deja vu!

These chucklefucks are really committed to their costumes.

I do enjoy the Bahamas scenery.

I actually felt bad for Jack losing a close friend at such a young age.    I must be getting soft in my old age.

Share Post

Wait is Jack seriously 25?&??!? That’s the age of his friend from school and his bio on Bravo said he was the youngest of the group. If so that is a hard 25!

Share Post

Wow, I'm going to sound shallow here but these people are not really TV attractive... yikes.. And why is the Captain who is in charge of SAFETY drinking all the time along with the people who bought into the charter?  I don't get it.  Seems like a recipe for disaster, but in a non-entertaining way. 

Share Post

I chuckled at the comment (when they were wearing animal costumes) that they’d stand out more if they didn’t. Very strong peer pressure in this group. 

Share Post

Capt Lord Fauntleroy could use about an inch and a quarter shaved off the chin bone. His voice would serve him well as a BBC news anchor or something. He'll eventually grow into that voice when he hits his 40's at least. I don't wanna like him but I do, lol. All the others seem like right twats though.

I'll see if i bail or not after this second epi.  This is 'summer house' on boats. If they're as fukked up as those twats, maybe I'll stick with it, lol

edit... what a bunch of bores

Edited by 100Proof.

Share Post

Do all of these boats in the group do a dick of the day or is it just these jerks? They sure have a lot of rules for a group that’s supposed to be about fun.  

Share Post

On the one hand, I am amazed that there are MANY of these boats who do this every year.  It's a thing!

OTOH, this is an Awful.Show., of which I have already watched two episodes.  lol  Worse than Summer House, Below Deck, and Vanderpump Rules.

WHY would a doctor do this show?  Way to ruin your reputation and clientele.  (What kind of doctor is she?  Maybe a Dermatologist could get away with it.)

Share Post

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

doctor is she?  Maybe a Dermatologist could get away with it.)

Podiatrist.

Share Post

I flove this steaming mess of a show; from its cast that’s just now realizing their mirrors lied (they weren’t anywhere near camera-ready for HD) to their collective shared narcissism that let them believe giving the public a look at what goes down on their frequent vacations together was a good idea.

This shipwreck lacks the magic of VPR/Summer House (and even original-recipe Jersey Shore) because these posers aren’t really friends; they’re acquaintances with a shared interest that mandates the haze of near-constant intoxication as part of the fun. (It’s also why they have that ridonkulous rule of one before ten or ten by one; without the booze, etc., to make their collective nonsense seem like the most fun ever, they’ve got nothing but inhibitions and regrets.)

The only one that doesn’t bother is Jack. He’s comfy with who he is and figured out how to get people to pay him if they wanna hang with their “friend” (it’s a really low bar but that might make him the smartest one of the bunch). 

Share Post

1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

Podiatrist.

I would've thought proctologist since she's surrounded by assholes

Edited by 100Proof.

Share Post

Episode 3:

"Sink or Swim"

Danielle and Barrett celebrate their first romantic milestone, while Rachel decides it’s time to have “the relationship talk” with Albie. Vanessa lashes out at Max when he brings another girl back to the boat, and a new person arrives in the Bahamas to threaten their relationship further. Finally, Captain Jack struggles to keep a brave face for his crew while he mourns the loss of his best friend back home.

Airs December 10, 2018.

Share Post