All episode Talk: This place *insert state here* is squatchy as hell

3 hours ago, Diane M said:

since it's in its second season.

Honestly don't know how to tell you this, Diane, but I'm pretty sure we're now into Season 9.  This crap has been on for like 5 years now, and it's all just that bad.  My wife will not be happy to hear they've not gotten a free trip to Hawaii, as her previous outrage on the subject indicates: 

'WHAT?  They got a free trip to Nepal?  I want a free trip to Nepal.  I'm already doing their job - I've been not finding bigfoot longer than $maker!  I'm doing it right now - folding clothes, not finding bigfoot.'

Edited by henripootel.

Share Post

2 hours ago, Diane M said:

I don't watch this crazy show, but somebody must have nothing better to do, since it's in its second season.  I'm tired of looking at all the ads while I'm watching other shows.  Now they're in Hawaii where there's.....tada!....a Little Bigfoot.  Really, folks, a 'Little' Bigfoot?  I guess this must be a comedy, right?

Well, it is a comedy, but I'm not sure who all is in on the joke.  My favorite is when they talk about what the 'squatches "think" about things.  "Well, we know that bigfoots like country/western music, so let's play some of that real loud to see if they respond."

Share Post

5 hours ago, AZChristian said:

My favorite is when they talk about what the 'squatches "think" about things.

I still remember a few years ago when Bobo casually mentioned that "everyone knows" bigfoots like doughnuts and raw liver, so that's why they were leaving it out in the forest to tempt them.

Share Post

Bobo looks good - who'da thunk letting his hair go gray would make him look ten years younger! The weight loss helped too, but he no longer looks worn out and draggly. Good for him.

Let's see, they've conned their way into trips to Nepal, China, Vietnam, Australia and Brazil, right, and now Hawaii. Have they been to Russia? If not, that's probably the next one. And after that, I bet they try to convince us there are squatches in Jamaica or Club Med.

Share Post

Nine seasons???  Can't the producers find something more interesting for the viewers than a non-existent Big Foot and now a Little Foot?  It's insane.

Share Post

I haven't watched Hawaii yet, but I assume they're talking about the Menehune?  If so, my understanding is that the Menehune hold some cultural/spiritual significance to indigenous Hawaiians.  Giving it the typical Finding Bigfoot treatment seems culturally insensitive.

And, ultimately, I'm guessing that they go out, pretend to hear and see things (that they don't) which remind them exactly of the things they pretend to see and hear in the States which leads them to conclude that [insert the local legend] is just like the "North American Sasquatch", and therefore the things they pretend to do to find it should work there.

Share Post

I was wondering if Bobo was ok. I was shocked to see the weight loss and the shaved head.

Share Post

I didn't even think of an illness. Partly because he seems so much more energetic and less uncomfortable, and also because his fellow BARFers tweeted that they were proud of him for his weight loss. His hair was an absolute mess, so once he started looking and feeling better, maybe he didn't want that reminder of how he used to look.

Share Post

15 hours ago, Alapaki said:

Giving it the typical Finding Bigfoot treatment seems culturally insensitive.

Nonsense - they'd do the typical FB thing and talk to the 'village elders', and pretend to take what they say seriously.  This part is usually pretty fun as the locals make it clear that they're talking about spiritual creatures, but the Team 'know better'.  I have no doubt they mean well but it always comes off a bit patronizing.  

Share Post

On 1/16/2017 at 1:11 AM, Ananayel said:

Bobo looks good - who'da thunk letting his hair go gray would make him look ten years younger! The weight loss helped too, but he no longer looks worn out and draggly. Good for him.

I agree.  He looks healthy and it looks like he had his teeth fixed.  Bad teeth can make one very sick and even attack the heart etc.  

Good for him.

Share Post

The only question I have after watching the first of last night's eps is this: WTF is up with Matt's hair? Did a toddler get some yellow paint and color it while he was asleep? Did he get mad that Bobo was getting attention for his hair change and try to compete? Is he having a crisis of some sort and meant for it to look that way?

Share Post

3 hours ago, Ananayel said:

The only question I have after watching the first of last night's eps is this: WTF is up with Matt's hair? Did a toddler get some yellow paint and color it while he was asleep? Did he get mad that Bobo was getting attention for his hair change and try to compete? Is he having a crisis of some sort and meant for it to look that way?

He needs to cut all that garbage off. He looks stupid. 

Edited by OSM Mom. Reason: Because they and that are two totally different words.

Share Post

This is a man who pontificates on the eating habits, behavior, and thoughts of an imaginary creature.  His hair is the least of the things that makes him look stupid.

Although he is probably laughing all the way to the bank.  He gets free travel paid for and has a TV show.

Share Post

21 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

Is the season over already? Season 11, I mean?  10 episodes?

Yup. That's all there was. 

Share Post

On 3/12/2017 at 6:06 PM, OSM Mom said:

Yup. That's all there was. 

wow.

Share Post

7 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

wow.

Right? That's what we said too. 

Share Post

I had to laugh when last night's ep of Strange Evidence covered the police car dashcam showing a shadow crossing the road in GA that these guys claimed was Bigfoot turned out to be some college kids living nearby running across the road at night in a gorilla suit. The sheriff told them to quit doing it and the bigfoot sightings ceased.

Share Post

There's a town in Wisconsin that for years in the 1980's had a "werewolf" sighting almost every winter. It would be seen maybe one or two days then wouldn't be seen again until next winter (maybe). People would see it cross the road, often in their rearview mirror, from one wooded area to another.

I always suspected that this was a guy in a suit who was having a little fun in his small town. Every sighting sounded like it was done strategically so the "werewolf" couldn't be chased or shot at. They usually happened late at night during a couple of weekends during the coldest days of the winter but never when there was snow on the ground, then no one would see it for another year. 

Share Post

New eps start May 18. Since no one apparently publicizes when these type shows get renewed and for how many episodes, that's all I know. Saw a promo during Travel Channel's Josh Gates-a-thon tonight.

Share Post

I guess Animal Planet has run out of rural veterinarians they can make into a show.

Edited by Quilt Fairy.

Share Post

On 4/20/2018 at 11:23 PM, Ananayel said:

New eps start May 18.

Maybe they'll find Bigfoot this season!

giphy.gif

Share Post

Ranae posted on her Instagram that May 28 (I think, I'm at work now and can't double check) would be the final episode of Finding Bigfoot. Looks like they just held on to a couple of episodes to drop in somewhere. There is a Very Special Episode afterward, probably looking back on all the seasons. She said if the numbers are good enough, she's hopeful it may get another season, but honestly, it's probably time to wrap it up. They were never serious about actually finding anything (well, Cliff probably was, maybe Bobo, but Matt is just interested in collecting $$$$,) and it's not even really entertaining anymore. There are only so many trips to exotic places they can take to drum up some interest.

Share Post

That's too bad. The entertainment value for me has been how utterly incompetent they are and how they make excuses for everything. If they had been looking for bears in the wilderness, they never would have found one either.

Share Post

Yeah, I really only watch this show because of the nature, and my interest in bigfoot. It's not like I was expecting them to ever actually find one, or get much evidence.

Share Post

Looks like the last few episode were kept because Animal Planet is doing Monster Week, and the finale is the centerpiece of that. 

Since probably 90% of sightings happen during the day, and what happens at night is sounds and occasionally something being thrown, it would seem like "hunting" during the day would be better. If they really want to find one, go to a place where there are multiple sightings, put up sturdy cameras in some camoflaged case, and then leave. But that would make for a very boring show.

Share Post

Thought this show ended. Now season 10 started!!??  Thought even these buffoons figured enough was enough after 9 years of zilch, lol

And yeah, why do all these paranormal shows do everything in the dark when every bloody ghost, poltergeist event, bigfoot and many ufo sightings are in daylight and/or with the lights on, lol

Edited by 100Proof.

Share Post

This was the series finale, 100th episode. Kind of neat that it was at a Patterson-Gimlin festival, almost full-circle in a way. And they seem convinced the audience loved the night investigations, so that's why we got them. I will actually miss this stupid show, but they'll probably just rerun the crap out of it.

Share Post

1 minute ago, Ananayel said:

And they seem convinced the audience loved the night investigations,

I haven't watched for a few years but I recall an early season where they put out this "bigfoot buffet" of  (I think) raw liver and jellied doughnuts on a log and Bobo was convinced that the combo would be irresistible to them.  That wouldn't have been half as much fun in the daytime, because then you would have noticed how stupid the whole thing was.

Share Post

So, I seen the episode, and it looks like it being the series finale wasn't even planned. I'm guessing Animal Planet cancelled the show or something?

Share Post

I don't think they knew it was the end when they were filming it - it might even have had to be shot early on in the most recent group of episodes, since it took place around a scheduled event. AP held it back to air kicking off Monster Week (looks like they're trying to make that a thing, like Shark Week) and so that a Patterson-Gimlin episode would be number 100. That's why we got the wrap-up special that aired after, with thanks to the crew and behind the scenes moments.

Share Post