Media Mentions & Spoilers From The Actual Real World

Just found out that TMZ is actually behind this. Which means they're gonna be mentioned a lot in TMZ, I guess (I know I heard them mentioned on the TMZ TV show with no mention of the link though).

The disgusting idea behind this show, BTW, is that these folks have a 12 week deadline to become famous--whatever desperate stunts it takes.

Share Post

Just found out that TMZ is actually behind this. Which means they're gonna be mentioned a lot in TMZ, I guess (I know I heard them mentioned on the TMZ TV show with no mention of the link though).

TMZ has been doing stories on the show for for a few weeks now, all of them stating that they are behind the series, & Harvey Levin was on the show talking about how TMZ created the show, so not only are they not trying to hide it, they're actively promoting their involvement. 

Share Post

TMZ has been doing stories on the show for for a few weeks now, all of them stating that they are behind the series, & Harvey Levin was on the show talking about how TMZ created the show, so not only are they not trying to hide it, they're actively promoting their involvement. 

The particular TMZ-TV episode I saw didn't mention the link--that's what I meant. They talked about the antics of the girls from the show but not the link to them. I'm aware that the website stories mention it though.  It was probably just an abberation of the TMZ-TV episode I saw (where the girls invaded some procession on the street involving Donald Stirling's wife)

Edited by Kromm.

Share Post

The particular TMZ-TV episode I saw didn't mention the link--that's what I meant.

Hmm, that's strange because when I watched the show when it was on, it started with Harvey Levin talking about how TMZ set it up & found the family, etc.

Edited by GaT.

Share Post

Okay then.  I won't argue.

Edited by Kromm.

Share Post

Okay then.  I won't argue.

LOL, I wasn't arguing, you just probably saw a strange(er) version of the show.

Share Post

LOL, I wasn't arguing, you just probably saw a strange(er) version of the show.

No, I think I must have just seen a snippet where Levin, likely tired of talking about this already, was just more matter of fact about it than usual.  

The show itself certainly makes it crystal clear that Levin is doing all this (as is everything else I've seen on TMZ since).

Meanwhile... ratings.  Worse than Riot/I Wanna Marry Harry (which got CANCELLED for theirs).  'Grats, Harvey, your social experiment failed!!!

Here's another hint.  Go onto YouTube and search the name of the show.  Plenty of results?  Sure.  But note they're all the usual crap where people are just cloning episodes or promo videos (in this case on the CW channel, TMZ channel and the show's own channel).  There aren't vloggers talking about this, people bothering to parody it, third party interviews being posted,   It's got the "viral" profile of the common cold.

Edited by Kromm.

Share Post

I'm the only person still watching this, aren't I?

Share Post

Probably because this show has been cancelled.

Yeah, I figured that's what happened. At the end of last night's episode, Harvey came out & said the experiment failed & that they were going back home. I looked to see if it had been cancelled last night, but I guess that hadn't announced it yet. The youngest one tried to record a song on last nights episode, & she's is a horrible singer. They got the guy who produced Rebecca Black's "song" to work with her LOL. The daughters basically consist of a mediocre dancer, a bad singer, & a basic pretty girl who thinks she can learn to be a top model starting at the age of 22. Add to that a mother who wants to be the next E L James, & a father who is an OK but unremarkable DJ, & they should have gone with the sex tape.

Share Post