All Episodes Talk: Double Vision

I just watched the episode about the ankle monitors and was appalled. Why on earth would they use those on violent offenders? That brother and sister must have had guardian angels or very thick skulls!

Share Post

Was there ever an update to this episode or paternity results? 

“Twenty years ago, 5 -month- old infant Sabrina Aisenberg disappeared from her crib and was never seen again.”

Thanks in advance. 

Share Post

June 1st episode - such an obvious murder, but he got off because he was a sheriff's deputy. 

Share Post

16 hours ago, missy jo said:

June 1st episode - such an obvious murder, but he got off because he was a sheriff's deputy. 

Grrr, that was such an annoying episode. Though I do remember another network covering the case as well as I remember the part about Michelle and Jeremy going to a concert and breaking up right after it. 

Even in this episode itself Jeremy gave two different versions of what he was doing when Michelle supposedly shot herself. At the first of the episode when he is being interviewed by the police he said that he was sitting on his motorbike in the garage with his head down when he heard the first gunshot. Later on in the episode when the official cause of death is changed to homicide they show a report. I freeze framed the report and in it Jeremy says that he was going out the front door of the house when he heard the first shot. Usually the only time one gives different versions of where someone was during a rather important event is when they are lying. 

So many annoying people in this episode including Jeremy's lawyer, and the person who chastised the family for exhuming Michelle's body. WTF? What nerve! 

Share Post

1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Grrr, that was such an annoying episode. Though I do remember another network covering the case as well as I remember the part about Michelle and Jeremy going to a concert and breaking up right after it. 

Even in this episode itself Jeremy gave two different versions of what he was doing when Michelle supposedly shot herself. At the first of the episode when he is being interviewed by the police he said that he was sitting on his motorbike in the garage with his head down when he heard the first gunshot. Later on in the episode when the official cause of death is changed to homicide they show a report. I freeze framed the report and in it Jeremy says that he was going out the front door of the house when he heard the first shot. Usually the only time one gives different versions of where someone was during a rather important event is when they are lying. 

So many annoying people in this episode including Jeremy's lawyer, and the person who chastised the family for exhuming Michelle's body. WTF? What nerve! 

Agreed with your whole post. There was no "mystery" in this murder. 

Share Post

I was so annoyed that the show never asked if they did a gun shot residue test on Michelle’s hands. I’m guessing not since the police automatically determined it was a suicide and did such a poor job investigating. I was just hoping I would hear about it either way.

Michelle’s brother was awesome in his calling out of that dick sheriff. To have the audacity to say they were molesting Michelle by exhuming her body. Usually victims families try to be more reserved and careful with their words, but I’m so glad he was not having any of their bullshit. . 

Share Post

On 6/2/2018 at 8:04 PM, missy jo said:

Agreed with your whole post. There was no "mystery" in this murder. 

Ditto. If the dude weren’t a deputy, he would have been convicted years ago. I wish Michelle had had her brother go with her to get her stuff. 

Edited by LittleIggy.

Share Post

Oh man, this episode made me so mad, that ass hat needs to be in jail, right now! I pray they get him in the end. She has a wonderful family!

Share Post

The special 20/20 last night called Triumph in Thailand was awesome!  It really showed you what the place was like and did an excellent job of explaining how and why things were handled as they were.  I found it very informative.   Here is the link for it, but, for some reason, there is no photo or visual where it should be.  I couldn't locate it on You tube either. Odd.  But, you should be able to watch it On Demand and they may even repeat it this weekend.  I would think that it was quite popular. 

https://abc.go.com/shows/2020/episode-guide/2018-07/10-071018-triumph-in-thailand

Share Post

It WAS an excellent show.  When I got up yesterday morning and hubby said, "They got them all out," my only response was "Miracles do still happen!!!!"

Share Post

The episode in which DNA was used to find the biological birth parents of two foundlings, now adults----I find it extraordinarily difficult to believe the bio dad in the case of the baby girl abandoned at the hospital. He kept saying he didn't know his wife was pregnant, because she barely showed. C'mon, bio dad, there are other symptoms. You're married and living together and you never noticed that she wasn't getting her period? Through FIVE pregnancies?

Through FIVE pregnancies, not once did she go into labor while you were around? Then after she died, you found another baby, dead in her bed? Your bed? I know he said he didn't go into the room for a few days, but it just isn't realistic once we kept hearing about more and more babies that she had, all apparently without him being aware, except for the two sons that they kept. 

I fervently hope that these searches which resulted in reunions with their biological fathers have given them some peace, no matter where the truth lies. I particularly hope these searches reinvigorate their appreciation for the parents who chose them, raised them and loved them. 

Edited by Arkay. Reason: Typo

Share Post

Eh! I was trying to put something about the case from Cece's FB page but it is just not working out for me. Anyway, if you are on FB and want to know more, check out her page.

And I am trying to remove that copy and paste where I made a mistake and left that poster's name in. :( UGH! Failing. It was a public post though. 

cecemoore.JPG

cece.JPG

ce1.JPG

Edited by Enigma X.

Share Post

I'm not saying I don't believe the father, but it was strange.  It sounded to me like she traveled to different states to give birth, how did he not notice that?

Share Post

I did not catch if the sons she kept were the oldest. Was the span of the children 13 years?

Share Post

This Thai Cave rescue story is absolutely fascinating.

What a group of smart, brave human beings. 

That one British diver could not be more chill. And facts are facts, my friend: you are a hero just like every other person involved in this rescue. 

Just amazing.

eta: RIP Navy Seal. Another true hero. 

Edited by woodscommaelle.

Share Post

Not sure if anyone saw this episode back in 2013 but tonight they aired it again.   Father (Eric Myers) abandons his family for 16 years without a word, letting them all believe he's dead while he moves off somewhere and finds a boyfriend.  Then one day he decides to just come back and is overjoyed when his parents and siblings completely forgive him and life goes on like it did before.  Eric's wife and five children didn't seem to understand quite so well and two of the kids have had nothing to do with him, but hey - it's ALL GOOD - because Eric really doesn't care one way or the other.  He didn't miss them a bit while he was gone and he certainly doesn't need them now.  The homosexuality has been a non-issue with everyone - that's pretty immaterial since he could have found another woman or even no one at all - and that doesn't change the fact that he just dumped them all like garbage.  What really irritated me was that not one person on the show said, "Hey Dude - you ever heard of DIVORCE or separation?"  He could have taken off to clear his head and called them in a week or two or a month (not ideal, but still workable)  - and told them that he couldn't come back until he worked out whatever issues he needed to deal with - oh but no - then he might have financial responsibilities towards HIS own children and that would certainly ruin his good time! Definitely a narcissist, only his feelings and needs matter.  To top it off?  Wife and kids cashed in a life insurance policy to make ends meet financially when he was declared dead, and he feels he has NOOOOO responsibility towards paying back the money, because why should HE be accountable for his own choices and actions/decisions?  No sirree, his daughters can pay that money back, (he said.)  No wonder they don't even want to see him.   Disgusting waste of air.

Share Post

I remember this one. I found him infuriating. 

Share Post

Last night's show was familiar to me, about the man who was obsessed with security cameras, had more than 20 just in his house, plus recorded all the convos in his house. Then his wife "goes missing" and so does all the security video for that period of time. (Of course it comes back on later.) He doesn't report her missing for two days, then doesn't go on the search for her ... while her naked dead body is found under some leaves just a short distance from their house.

She didn't take her purse, keys, phone, plus she had to have WALKED away since no vehicle was taken. What person bailing on a marriage does that? I'd drain the bank account, load up my car and take off WITH my phone and ID/credit cards, plus tell my daughter I'm gone. I'd at least put on clothes and shoes and grab my purse.

He doesn't go to the funeral or memorial service, then moves. He didn't even pretend he didn't do it or try to cover it up that he was guilty as heck. He doesn't even dump her body somewhere away from their home, like into a river or drainage ditch. But still, it took years to get enough evidence to put him away.

While I know kids stay faithful to their parent, how his two daughters couldn't see through his bogus story and therefore  testified that he couldn't have killed their stepmom is mind boggling. And his ex-wife being all googly about his "sexy eyes" was just creepy. Maybe this guy has some sort of Svengali effect in real life but it sure didn't come across on my tv. Glad he's put away for good.

Share Post

Did anyone watch last night's two hour episode about the foundlings? Shocking that the Mom abandoned not one, but three babies. Nice that the three siblings are reunited and will have each other. Something is not right about the mother. Obviously, the fact that she abandoned three infants, but that was cold that she met her daughter and didn't tell her who she was until the DNA test revealed it several years later. That's one cold woman.

As for the second case, it was heartbreaking that the biological mother wanted nothing to do with meeting her son. That's harsh. I'm thinking since it was a one night stand she didn't want to dredge up any of the memories of that period in her life after all these years. Of course, it's not my place to judge anyone and their choices. His biological father seemed like a nice man.

The mother that gave birth five times without her husband even knowing she was pregnant! How does that happen? The whole thing was so strange. This entire episode left me shaking my head.

Share Post

On 8/9/2018 at 8:09 PM, Kyanight said:

Not sure if anyone saw this episode back in 2013 but tonight they aired it again.   Father (Eric Myers) abandons his family for 16 years without a word, letting them all believe he's dead while he moves off somewhere and finds a boyfriend.  Then one day he decides to just come back and is overjoyed when his parents and siblings completely forgive him and life goes on like it did before.  Eric's wife and five children didn't seem to understand quite so well and two of the kids have had nothing to do with him, but hey - it's ALL GOOD - because Eric really doesn't care one way or the other.  He didn't miss them a bit while he was gone and he certainly doesn't need them now.  The homosexuality has been a non-issue with everyone - that's pretty immaterial since he could have found another woman or even no one at all - and that doesn't change the fact that he just dumped them all like garbage.  What really irritated me was that not one person on the show said, "Hey Dude - you ever heard of DIVORCE or separation?"  He could have taken off to clear his head and called them in a week or two or a month (not ideal, but still workable)  - and told them that he couldn't come back until he worked out whatever issues he needed to deal with - oh but no - then he might have financial responsibilities towards HIS own children and that would certainly ruin his good time! Definitely a narcissist, only his feelings and needs matter.  To top it off?  Wife and kids cashed in a life insurance policy to make ends meet financially when he was declared dead, and he feels he has NOOOOO responsibility towards paying back the money, because why should HE be accountable for his own choices and actions/decisions?  No sirree, his daughters can pay that money back, (he said.)  No wonder they don't even want to see him.   Disgusting waste of air.

A little late to agree with you on Eric Meyers but oh boy....not much to add as you summed it up so well!  Bolding mine:  Dude, you have a grown daughter who, 25 YEARS later, is still crying and upset over the whole thing.  You damaged her soul.   But hey YOU are happy so who the hell cares about the carnage you left behind??  You can love in Palm Springs or wherever but you care balking at forking over the life insurance payment?  Then argues that HE didn't cash it in therefore why should he pay it?  BECAUSE YOU FAKED YOUR DEATH ASSHOLE.  I hope you pay all that $800,000 and choke on your vomit.

Okay, I guess I had a little more to say......

Share Post

Did anyone catch the episode last night about the freakshow Tad Cummins, who kidnapped a 15 year old and drove her all over hell and back then tried to kayak from southern california to PANAMA?  Dude was messed up.  I am glad she has her life together, she was clearly brainwashed by a manipulating older (much older) man!!

Share Post

4 hours ago, ari333 said:

Paddle 3000 miles to panama. Alrighty then

Not the brightest bulb, no?  Not a boat, not a fishing boat....a kayak.   Per his own admission in court: "I am the one to blame for everything," Cummins wrote, although he added that "the devil was deeply involved."  Yeah, look in the mirror for the devil, mister.

Share Post

Last night's featured story on the prosecution of Jordan Brown was shocking. (The state charged him as an adult when he was 11 years old of murdering his dad's fiance, by shooting her in the head.)  It was moved to juvenile court, but, he was adjudicated delinquent and found guilty of the murder.  He was to be held in custody until he was an adult.  He always denied guilt and his father and attorneys stood by him.  ABC explored the evidence, interviewed the detectives and prosecutors, witnesses, etc.  It was very clear that there was really no evidence against the boy at all.  Those detectives seemed to have no clue how to work a case or what evidence really is.  It was the most bizarre thing I've seen.  Their arrogance made me feel ill.  Thank goodness, the case was appealed to the Supreme Court of PA and was OVERTURNED based on insufficient evidence.  To think their incompetence resulted in that child spending so many formative years in a correctional setting is horrific. The court opinion went on to say that they could NOT retry the boy and that it would be double jeopardy.  So, there is a guilty killer out there that they let get away as they falsely prosecuted an innocent child.  

https://abc11.com/what-life-is-like-now-for-pa-man-arrested-at-age-11-for-murder/4518803/

Edited by SunnyBeBe.

Share Post

This was a sad story and they should have looked further into the ex-boyfriend. The police seemed to think the ex threatening her life was insignificant. I wonder if they even had the boy examined by a mental health professional? 

Share Post

That poor kid and his father need to file a civil action against the state.  I hope they get millions.

Share Post

I guess I’m on my own here,but I think the boy did it.

Share Post

Yeah, I did too at first, let's face it, he has creepy eyes. But on really thinking about it, I actually changed my mind.

Share Post

I think I need more information. Was the boy violent? Did he get into trouble? Also did anyone hear him fighting with his stepmom or saying he hated her? Was he examined by a child psychologist and if so, what was the report.

Also it seems like the ex was ruled out because his father said he was home and because of a dusting of snow on the car. I think I would have canvassed the neighborhood to see if anyone saw his car around. Maybe all of this was done but they didn’t show it.

Share Post

i just did not see a lot of good evidence. I did not like the police in this case.

Share Post

The police didn't really investigate the ex or someone the ex could have gotten to do it.  They assumed so much.  Like, the ex's alibi witness as credible, that he didn't use someone else's vehicle, or, had someone else do it. Then, when it came to the child, they went in the other direction.  It was so sad.  I'm glad to learn the boy is a sophomore in college now. Still, such a horrible way to spend so many of your childhood and teen years.  LE seemed to feel very strongly that they felt the boy did it....but, feelings about things just aren't evidence and should not be relied on to such a great degree.  That LE team seemed so amateurish.  I wonder if they handled other cases so poorly.  

Share Post

A little late to this conversation but I felt that the boy probably did it but there was not enough evidence to convict him.  It just seemed the house was so remote and no one saw anything else or anyone.  Was the rifle the boy used the one used to kill the woman?  Not saying that means the boy did it, it just does not help the case.  So sad in any way you look at it!

Share Post

I just watched the episode regarding Jordan Brown's conviction, and I am stunned. The three police officers interviewed made ridiculous assumptions. I had little faith in them right off the bat, when they stated that Jordan was lying, because he added details to his second statement that he didn't provide in the first. But right after that, they talked about how the victim's daughter also added details to her second statement that she didn't say in the first one, including that she heard a shotgun blast. But in her case, they totally believed the details she provided in the second interview. 

One of them also stated that the shotgun must have come from the house, because it is a long gun and no one would carry that up the driveway. Why would they have to carry it up the driveway? If it was the ex boyfriend, he would have brought it in his truck. 

It is interesting that the younger daughter who was in the house with her mother doesn't think it was Jordan who killed her mother, but her grandparents still think it is. You would think she would have been swayed all these years into believing what they do, but she hasn't been. 

I am shocked that he was convicted the first time by a judge, with so little (or no) evidence. Thank goodness the conviction was overturned, and it is amazing that Jordan is able to get on with his life. Good on him. Those cops though - arrogant, smug and everything I do not want to see in an officer of the law. 

Share Post

I just watched the November 2 episode. The woman who helped two people via DNA to find the birth parents who abandoned them. The woman was abandoned in a hospital and was reunited with her birth father and siblings. The man was abandoned at a clothing donation box and was reunited with his birth father who states he met the birth mother at a bar. The man’s birth mother and aunt were found but via phone told him to never contact them again and go back to where he came from. How cruel. There is a special place for them. The man didn’t want a thing from them and told them there was no resentment. He wanted to know who his birth mother was, that’s it! 

Share Post

3 hours ago, sonder said:

The man’s birth mother and aunt were found but via phone told him to never contact them again and go back to where he came from. How cruel. There is a special place for them. The man didn’t want a thing from them and told them there was no resentment. He wanted to know who his birth mother was, that’s it! 

Was that where he called the alleged birth mom in his car while she was at work?  I felt so bad for him!!!  I was so sad he was alone while making that call.  Alleged birth mom and sister were in cahoots.

Share Post

On 11/10/2018 at 5:01 PM, Mrs. Hanson said:

Was that where he called the alleged birth mom in his car while she was at work?  I felt so bad for him!!!  I was so sad he was alone while making that call.  Alleged birth mom and sister were in cahoots.

Yes. Even if they have new lives and he is a secret they could have nicely told him that on the phone and explained why they can’t meet him. Lucky for the heartless women the show hid their identities. 

Share Post

6 hours ago, sonder said:

Yes. Even if they have new lives and he is a secret they could have nicely told him that on the phone and explained why they can’t meet him. Lucky for the heartless women the show hid their identities. 

Yes, I get it (as much as I can):  "Look, I gave birth to you so many years go, it was traumatic, no one knew, etc but here is some info you might need or want.  All contact in the future shall be initiated by me."  But they were mean and cruel about it.

Share Post