Program Discussion: Nightly Antics

15 minutes of fame, then off to the dustbin of history.  

Share Post

I watched tonight (until 7:30...Jeopardy) and I will have to give Chris this...he is always fired up and passionate.  Unfortunately, he had on two excellent guests...Jennifer Rubin and a young man who I don't remember seeing before.  Chris talked most of the time; he DID let Jennifer Rubin get some words in but the poor other guy...had to jump in just to get a few scraps.  Which gave me this brilliant idea...give Chris the Saturday morning timeslot!  He would be fabulous...all that enthusiasm, honking laughter, spit flying, probably arm waving...what a great wake-up call.  I would actually look forward to watching that.  It would have the added benefit of getting rid of Alex Witt.

I just get so frustrated with his nightly show that I usually switch to CNN or Jeopardy.  Today was one of the biggest news days of the year.  Since yesterday and until tomorrow.  Chris could have had an excellent, sharp and informative show.  But he just loves pontificating so much that he can't help himself.  Bless his heart.

Share Post

Am I the only one on this board? 

Mr. Kemper and I just watched Chris interview a Congresswoman from California. This was, I think, the person the Kavanaugh accuser went to first with her allegations.  Sorry, but the interview was unintentionally funny.  The Congresswoman spoke in a monotone...Chris looked bored...he barked some sort of question that was ridiculous.  It seemed to take forever.  We were both astounded, entertained and horrified. 

It was one of the worst interviews I have ever seen on tv.  Kind of in the "so bad it was good" type of thing, I guess. 

Edited by Kemper. Reason: added last sentence

Share Post

The last few weeks I have noticed that: 1) Chris is coughing a lot and 2) Chris is mixing up his words  

Anyone else?

Share Post

1 hour ago, HyeChaps said:

The last few weeks I have noticed that: 1) Chris is coughing a lot and 2) Chris is mixing up his words  

Anyone else?

I've noticed that.  However, I've been coughing a lot and so have other newscasters.  I think it's the change in weather.   As for mixing up his words, I just think it's because he's not feeling 100%.

Share Post

Just watched the second Beto O'Rourke town hall in a week and I don't live in Texas.

Last week on CNN with Dana Bash as moderator. Chris can mop the floor with her. He knows how to keep things moving, keep it light and serious without being priggish.

Share Post

I listened to the town hall on Sirius XM because I was driving.  Chris didn't interrupt him!  I wish I could vote for Beto.

Edited by roughing it.

Share Post

OMG Chris. Never let Cher call in again. I like Cher but she was so disoriented that the interview was uncomfortable to listen to.

Share Post

17 minutes ago, stormy said:

OMG Chris. Never let Cher call in again. I like Cher but she was so disoriented that the interview was uncomfortable to listen to.

I didn't see it. Dang, because I've always liked her. Disoriented as in uninformed, or possibly demented? (Given her age). What was your impression? TIA

Share Post

2 hours ago, suomi said:

I didn't see it. Dang, because I've always liked her. Disoriented as in uninformed, or possibly demented? (Given her age). What was your impression? TIA

Disoriented as in not being able to put together a coherent thought or sentence. I'm going to blame it on frustration like me who keeps wondering how did we get here? What did we do to deserve this?

Montel Williams was on live right afterwards. He said he's never voted Democratic till this election. It's all about health care. He has health issues and his daughter recently suffered two kinds of cancer. He told Chris that whatever the Republicans have told you about healthcare, they're lying.

Share Post

4 hours ago, stormy said:

Montel Williams was on live right afterwards. He said he's never voted Democratic till this election. It's all about health care. He has health issues and his daughter recently suffered two kinds of cancer. He told Chris that whatever the Republicans have told you about healthcare, they're lying.

Well, the Republicans spent a lot of time in 2016, and for years beforehand, talking about repealing the ACA, so he's way late to the party if he's just now voting Democratic for the first time.  Better late than never, I guess, once your or your own kid gets sick and then has a pre-existing condition. forever.  Sorry, I'm cynical, and I'm tired of people who don't give a shit about other people, but when it's one of their own that gets sick, or comes out, or is denied the right to vote, suddenly, they change their tune.

Edited by izabella.

Share Post