Notes From The Mods: Read Before Posting

The Spencers and Scorpios family threads are up, thread titles subject to change.

Share Post

Enough with the OLTL talk. I've posted mod notes in both the Episode and Spoilers threads. If you want to talk about OLTL, take it to that forum. Posts ignoring this note will be deleted. Thank you.

Share Post

Enough with the OLTL talk. I've posted mod notes in both the Episode and Spoilers threads. If you want to talk about OLTL, take it to that forum. Posts ignoring this note will be deleted. Thank you.

I just came in and noticed this. I wasn't aware that any mention of Ron's time on OLTL in the GH thread was in violation of this new rule. I was just intending to compare what he came from to what he's doing now on the show and why but I'll be mindful of that in the future.

Frankly I'm starting to think the less I say abut the man the better because the rage he induces within me is just not healthy.

Share Post

The trouble with comparing - and we realized in the beginning that was inevitable - is it NEVER ends there. It turns into a OLTL thread. And, really, as much of a hack I do think RC is, and a bratty one, all writers copy their work. Laziness, lack of talent? Who knows? But it's not new.

But it has gotten too OLTL-centric here, and that needs to be put in its own forum. Ol' Ron has done enough at GH to list his many idiotic offenses just based on his current work. He should be so proud. < sarcasm >

Share Post

The trouble with comparing - and we realized in the beginning that was inevitable - is it NEVER ends there. It turns into a OLTL thread. And, really, as much of a hack I do think RC is, and a bratty one, all writers copy their work. Laziness, lack of talent? Who knows? But it's not new.

But it has gotten too OLTL-centric here, and that needs to be put in its own forum. Ol' Ron has done enough at GH to list his many idiotic offenses just based on his current work. He should be so proud. < sarcasm >

I gotcha.

I know well that things can so quickly spiral off topic when a hot button subject is touched on, especially when it comes to soaps, or Ron, and you guys aren't trying to run an internet forum Miscavage, heh.

I'd already stopped watching OLTL when Ron took over, and from the sounds of it I missed nothing since so many things he did there he's brought to GH, and yes, there's almost too much to complain about with him just on this show alone.

Really I think I kept making comparisons just due to the incredibility I felt that Ron would really think such shitty writing was worth repeating on not just one but two soaps, heh, but narcissistic asses do march to the beat of their own drums.

Share Post

Should we add Valerie and Pat to the list in the first post of the Spencer thread?

Share Post

Jason is alive and new characters keep popping up.

Can we please play the game where we killed characters? Someone page Cattitude.

Share Post

Jason is alive and new characters keep popping up.

Can we please play the game where we killed characters? Someone page Cattitude.

The game thread still exists in the forum, but it hasn't been used for quite awhile. I can bump it up and see if there is renewed interest.

Share Post

An FYI to all posters: In an effort to clean up the forum as a whole, we have moved game threads to their own subforum, which you will find at the very top of the GH forum. We have also put in a request for a characters subforum, but that decision comes from Dave himself. If and when we do get a characters subforum, all character threads will be moved there. Thanks!

(Also, how many times can one man type "forum" in one post?)

ETA: The characters subforum is live. Discussion of your favorite GH families and characters should be directed there, unless it is more appropriate for one of the threads in the main GH forum. Thanks!

Share Post

It's not just you, ICGS. I've come here many times to talk about what I enjoyed on the show that day, only to find the Episode Discussion thread is an impenetrable wall of hatred and disgust, including a number of posts (or good-sized portions of posts) which have little direct connection to the events that took place on the show. I find it especially difficult to wade through the constant repetitive excoriation of RC and FV, which IMO belongs in a Behind The Scenes thread, not the Episode Discussion. I've tried using the "ignore" feature, but since mods can't be ignored, including those who ride the daily "Lets bash RC &/or FV in almost every post" train, it's a futile exercise.

A new positive-toned thread would be wonderful for those few of us who do watch GH because we enjoy it. It might not be as busy as the Episode Bashing thread, but it would be greatly appreciated by some.

Share Post

We were told we couldn't start threads or they would be locked, that's now changed? I don't want to break rules; I'm not trying to cause trouble, I swear I'm not, I just want to be able to positively discuss the show when I'm enjoying it (which is more often than not--and, hey, it may just be me).

You're right; I forgot that was the case. Edited by ulkis.

Share Post

So if I spend, let's say, 24 to 48 hours posting on this board in the form of nothing but (vaguely contextual) re-posted Bryan Craig tweets, how quickly would that get me banned? Because I am seriously considering it.

Share Post

So if I spend, let's say, 24 to 48 hours posting on this board in the form of nothing but (vaguely contextual) re-posted Bryan Craig tweets, how quickly would that get me banned? Because I am seriously considering it.

We need a thread that is nothing but Bryan, Kelly, and Ron tweets.  (I'm only half joking here.) 

Share Post

I guess there was no way you couldn't NOT make that your avi today, lol.

Share Post

For the record, this was a (semi-)legitimate request and I am as serious as I can possibly be about cannibalizing Bryan Craig's mindgems for content.

Share Post

For the record, this was a (semi-)legitimate request and I am as serious as I can possibly be about cannibalizing Bryan Craig's mindgems for content.

As long as you're the one volunteering for the potential brain damage involved in such mining, I fully support your effort.

Share Post

This is the most brilliant thing I've ever seen.

A new corvette, bullet of love, three hots and a cot for you.

Share Post

I know 99% of us hate Geary right now, but isn't implying that he got JJ in his dressing room to ogle at him a bit over the line?

Edited by ulkis.

Share Post

I know 99% of us hate Geary right now, but isn't implying that he got JJ in his dressing room to ogle at him a bit over the line?

It is. And it has been addressed. But I hope even if one has issues with an actor in the future - regardless of one's feelings for him or her - people will think before posting. Such claims can actually lead to trouble if there is nothing to back it up.

So please keep that in mind and carry on!

Share Post

The spoilers are appearing untagged in the non-spoiler threads. Please remember to use spoiler tags for spoilers not posted in the spoiler thread. Thank you.

Share Post

Thanks for the spoiler tag warning.  I try to stay unspoiled, and it's really hard.

Speaking of, why do I keep seeing the same usernames as the last person who posted in both the spoiler and the unspoiled speculation thread?  I thought the point of the unspoiled speculation thread was for people who don't read spoilers to talk about what they think happens next.  I've been avoiding the unspoiled thread, too, because the people posting in it seem to be the same people posting in the spoiler thread and that seems odd to me, but maybe I'm misunderstanding what the threads are about.

Share Post

Unspoiled spec can and does also cover people wondering who, if anyone, is leaving, coming, or whatever. So since that is not a spoiler, but mere guesswork, posters can crosspost in both on occasion.

Hope this helps!

Share Post

I'd also like to add that there aren't always spoilers about every story, or spoilers don't go super far into the future.  So, people can speculate on things that haven't been spoiled yet.   For example, we might know spoilers about what's happening in the next week, but we have no idea what Rosalie's secret is (not that I'm saying a whole bunch of people are on pins and needles waiting for that reveal).  So someone could be posting in the Spoiler thread about the stuff spoiled for next week, but then they can hop over to the Unspoiled thread and hazard guesses as to what Rosalie's secret is.  

Also, a related question - are casting announcements (coming and going) considered spoilers or not?   I'm talking about casting news that is "official" either stated by a writer, producer, or cast member directly or stuff that is reported by the soap media as a done deal.  

Share Post

My fellow moderators may correct me if I'm wrong here, but if I recall, casting stuff is not considered to be a spoiler.

Share Post

What's up with the freaky links in this forum?

Bry-dog finally found us?

Share Post

Bry-dog finally found us?

BWAH!!! Those are links to his damn face cream acid, aren't they? Lol!!

Share Post

This forum sure gets hijacked with stupid spam a lot. Must be the Legion of Doom because of ... reasons.

Share Post

What's up with the freaky links in this forum?

Well, you know, Ron has a lot of free time on his hands these days. 

Share Post

BWAH!!! Those are links to his damn face cream acid, aren't they? Lol!!

Monavie.

Share Post

Now they're talking about sexy boobs Lol! Not sure if that's a reference to real boobs or Bry-dawg, but there it is...

Share Post

We have decided against a negativity/rant thread for the same reason we didn't do a "positivity" thread, it's unnecessary. But if you want to post about why you want the show cancelled, you can post in the slightly retitled Wishlist thread: Wishlist: Hoping For a Cure (Or Not).

Share Post

We have decided against a negativity/rant thread for the same reason we didn't do a "positivity" thread, it's unnecessary. But if you want to post about why you want the show cancelled, you can post in the slightly retitled Wishlist thread: Wishlist: Hoping For a Cure (Or Not).

Oh, thank you for this. I was just trying to figure out how to request that all the talk about behind the scenes stuff was dragging down the Episode thread, which IMHO, should be about the story onscreen, not off. This works.

Edited by TheGourmez.

Share Post

Idea for a new game: A trivia game titled: "Are You Smarter Than A Corinthos?" A question is asked, first correct answer asks the next and so forth. Other possible title was "Are You Smarter Than Morgan Corinthos? " But everything is smarter than Morgan.

Share Post

I wanted to ask in here before posting anywhere.  Are we allowed to talk about other boards on this forum? Thanks!

Share Post

I wanted to ask in here before posting anywhere.  Are we allowed to talk about other boards on this forum? Thanks!

If it's on topic, yes.

Share Post

FWIW We thought current episodes discussion was self-explanatory. We have other threads for history. As you are all aware that rule went hard to derail the Sam/Liz wars. Many asked for that so please respect it. If they get into it please discuss away but leave it to what happens on that day. A long post containing their entire history is not appropriate in this thread. Got it? It will be deleted.
We have discussed it at length and decided the nickname "Liez" is tolerable. No worse than some others like PatPrick for example. Any question please PM me, oncesane or Wendy Thanks!

This begs the question why my comment about how Jason felt about Robin was deleted, since it was in response to a post about what Jason would or wouldn't say. Granted maybe I should have answered it in the history thread, since I was talking about what Jason did say in the past. But since I mistakenly didn't (an honest mistake), I feel it should have been moved to the history thread. It had nothing to do with the Sam/Liz character wars.

Share Post

Well, on the plus side, our commentary on the Episode thread will then match up with how the show is written - every day is its own bubble and we can't relate it to anything that happened in the past. 

Share Post

Rules are the same for all.

That wasn't how Wendy had explained it when the rules for not talking about either Sam or Liz's past. Just those two characters were named-to take discussion abouat them to their individual character threads.

I just find the rules are not the same for all. It's inconsistent, and there are some posts that talk about Liz's past still up, whereas mine, instead of being moved, was deleted, as unfair.  And so, I'm no longer going to post in this forum.   It's too difficult to keep up and figure out what I'm allowed to post or what I'm not allowed to post, when some comments that fall under "not allowed" remain, while others are deleted.

Share Post

This applies to everyone, so I hope you will all take a moment to read this.

We are not ignoring anyone's concerns about the issues as far as fan wars go. With that said, there are usually two sides and different things from each individual on each side that may bother some but not others. In short?

We will never please everyone here.

So allow us to remind you that we are not outright prohibiting discussion about this history. We are just not allowing it to overtake the episode thread. The character subforums and the history thread are made for such topics. Keep in mind, however, this does not mean a free-for-all flame fest. Respect is key here. I assume we are all intelligent adults and can discuss without resorting to flames and tears. At least, I hope we are.

As for the issue of nicknames, they are not inclusive. Yes, it may annoy some when their favorite has a derogatory name, but that is separate from the issue. Patrick has been called Patprick, Robin had Snobbin and Slobbin, and so on. It's part of the soap fan game of dislike. But that does not apply to the rules of history and such, so reporting on this (somewhat trivial) matter is a matter of futility here.

Speaking of rules: When the moderating team makes them, it applies to everyone in every fanbase. And we expect them to be followed consistently rather than cherry picking when it does or does not apply to any given discussion.

We hope this explains our stance here more succinctly.

Share Post