House Of Cards Season 6 Faces The Nation

Talk of deleting Kevin Spacey from House of Cards made me think of this.

Having seen Season 1 of OOTlander, I did like the wedding episode, though I couldn't help thinking that it seemed a little easy for Claire to give up on her (first) husband. "Oh Gee, I have to cheat on Frank with a sensitive Scottish Adonis - what an awful choice!" Liked the fact that  her wedding dress was bought in the local brothel. Though I'm not sure you can call Claire a bigamist - unless Jamie jumps through to the future, he'll die about a century before Frank was even born, though quite how time travel figures into the marriage laws is a matter for debate - you'd think Doctor Who would have addressed this by now, especially given both The Doctor and The Master have been married in the new series (though not to each other - except in Fanfic).

Share Post

Oh, how I love the dramatic background music in America's Next Top Model.

Share Post

I went to Scotland this summer, I visited the castle that was used for Castle Leoch in season one (and as the castle from Holy Grail by the way). I think that we aren't talking enough about Sam Heughan's voice. I looooove it. It was very nice to hear him in my audio guide!

Share Post

I love Superstore too, I enjoy a ragtag group of misfits. The little silent scenes of transitions are hilarious.

Share Post

I laughed so hard when Dave said, "I am a friend of the ladies, I want you guys to have this." Thanks, Dave!

Share Post

As an Australian, I honestly think the original Rake is too 'Australian' to translate to other markets. Its sensibility, and particularly its sense of humour, are very idiosyncratic. Hell, even here not everyone 'gets' it. (I am an unashamed fan. Richard Roxburgh as Cleaver Greene is a genius creation.)

Share Post

I'm an Australian who has never watched 'Rake' but have family and friends who enjoy it. I don't think it's my jam but I thought that about 'Outlander' and now I'm considering giving it a crack. Sadly the TalkBack radio host inspires race riots storyline was ripped from the headlines here https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2012-10-02/tribunal-rules-alan-jones-incited-hatred/4292052

On 'Bodyguard', as a viewer of the UK 'The Office', it was impossible not to yell "there's been a rape up there" or other lines every time Mike was on the screen.

Share Post