S06.E08: Chapter 73

18 hours ago, sashayshante said:

As I understand it, he was originally supposed to be Frank's son. Cody Fern, who plays Duncan, has referred to the Spacey allegations as a nuclear bomb that rocked the entire set and his storyline was reduced. It should have been cut all together.  As someone else here said, the guy had maybe 20 minutes of screen time, and most of it was spent skulking around wearing leather and guyliner.

As for the rumors, they all knew. Beau Willemon, the creator of the show,  was constantly on Twitter talking about how corrupt Trump was and telling everyone to resist, all the while knowing Spacey had been accused of harassment by HOC crew members and they did nothing. I first heard about Spacey's predilictions 20 years ago and I'm a nobody. They all knew and looked the other way. I'm glad the final season sucked ass.

Well interesting to know that he was supposed to be Frank's son. 

But even so, as I stated before, these are writers and its fiction.  I think they stopped production for awhile after the Spacey allegations.  They could have just done their job and wrote it differently.  Or really I am not sure why since Frank died and Spacey wasn't on this season they still couldn't have revealed he was supposed to be Frank's son.  Just because Spacey was gone and Frank was dead doesn't mean the story couldn't happen that way

Share Post

16 hours ago, Athena said:

I think most of us know House of Cards stopped being good awhile ago especially after Beau Willimon left as showrunner. Honestly even if Spacey had stayed, I don't think this season would have been better. S5 was stupid as well.

I think Netflix has been overvaluing this show. House of Cards did well the first season and it received a lot of critical and audience acclaim that gave Netflix legitimacy. Someone pointed out on Reddit that the Frank knocking sound is still on Netflix intros. Netflix wanted to keep this show as long as it could but the quality has diminished completely. They also probably wanted to save face and end the series after firing Spacey and the allegations of his conduct on set as well.

I didn't know Willimon had left the show. I agree that the show had a big decline. I did like the first two seasons. Then it was kind of mess. I didn't like Kevin Spacey in the show either. It was something different in the first season. Then I thought he just became cartoonish. 

Share Post

House of Cards -- The show that went 'Hold My Beer' when you say Dexter was the worst series finale of all time.  

This was just a crapfest -- it decidedly felt like everyone involved went 'Well, we are getting paid, so who cares.'

From plot lines still left dangling....plot lines that went beyond implausible (Even by HoC standards), and logical flaws that even suspension of disbelief wouldn't remotely cover (The Secret Service is going to let a former homicidal mental patient stay alone in the Oval with POTUS?  , an Seriously?  Come ON writers....), and SoC faking her own death?  New Characters that made no sense whatsoever.

I don't expect it to be 100% by-the-book believable...but this went into farce...then ended like...we're out.  See ya!

Share Post

16 hours ago, teddysmom said:

I was watching the last 2 episodes yesterday and thought, I have no fucking idea what is going on here. How many people can one person kill and get away with it? How did they explain Jane's death?  From a migraine? On the set of Battlestar Gallactica? WTF was that thing she was in? 

Jane died exactly how Kathy was said to have died in her faked death.  At Kathy's wake her brother said Kathy called him complaining that her head hurt migraine bad and she was going to the doctor and died in the car on the way.  Since Jane died in the "Claire cleans house" episode, and Claire lists her off as someone that is dead during the same talk with Doug that included her saying to the camera that she didn't enjoy shortening 3 lives, I think it is safe to assume Claire had her killed.  I assume the murder via embolism was a pointed fuck you to Jane for helping Kathy fake her death.

Regarding the pregnancy I fan wanked that having some embryos on ice just in case is totally the type of shit Frank and Claire would do.  Apparently you can still carry a baby after menopause if it's stuck in via IVF and you get hormone therapy.  

Share Post

I was telling a coworker about the last season and I stopped and said " you know this is impossible. I don't even know what was going on. It ended without finishing one story line, other than Claire Underwood is a serial killer."  

I'm not even sure if I knew why everyone hated her so much. Other than she got the Presidency under fishy circumstances. 

Share Post

On 11/10/2018 at 3:36 PM, DrSpaceman73 said:

Well interesting to know that he was supposed to be Frank's son. 

But even so, as I stated before, these are writers and its fiction.  I think they stopped production for awhile after the Spacey allegations.  They could have just done their job and wrote it differently.  Or really I am not sure why since Frank died and Spacey wasn't on this season they still couldn't have revealed he was supposed to be Frank's son.  Just because Spacey was gone and Frank was dead doesn't mean the story couldn't happen that way

That would explain the random inclusion of the bathroom conversation about Frank having had sex with Diane Lane but not being "all in."  Ewh.

What was with the random other mental patient that was with Doug and then there was like one follow up to it and that was it for the character?  Should I have remembered who he was?  His make up was so bad I thought it was going to be Frank in disguise.

Share Post

That ending sucked.  It was so lazy.  I wasn't paying too much attention on the last episode and I looked up and it was just over.  I was waiting for the next episode and ... nothing.  The whole season was Claire killing off anyone who knew anything.  Super boring.  

Share Post