Jump to content

2018 Season 13 Current Squad & Social Media

6 hours ago, ByTor said:

I so agree with this.  My wedding wasn't all-consuming, I just had some people I had to meet with a few times, it's really not that big a deal that it interferes with your everyday life.

I think it really depends on several factors, the participants, their careers, and how their "expectations" of said wedding. 

For me, the wedding was just the starting off point of my marriage.  Mine, family and fiancé, work schedules were the priority, wedding was worked around work schedules and family. 

However, I have known people that feel their wedding is a once in a lifetime "event" and do not want "work" to interfere with the celebration of this event.  So many just take the entire week off to prepare and celebrate with friends and family and take the following week off as well for honeymooning.

0

Share Post


Link to post
38 minutes ago, LynneH said:

I have known people that feel their wedding is a once in a lifetime "event" and do not want "work" to interfere with the celebration of this event.

Yeah, I seriously don't get this.

38 minutes ago, LynneH said:

For me, the wedding was just the starting off point of my marriage.  Mine, family and fiancé, work schedules were the priority, wedding was worked around work schedules and family. 

Exactly how I was.

0

Share Post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Yeah, I seriously don't get this.

Exactly how I was.

Regardless of if you see your wedding as an “event” or a “small gathering”, I see no problem with not wanting to be at the every whim of the DCC organization while planning a wedding and starting a marriage. 

 

I think it’s assumed that they will retire because it makes a lot of logistical sense. No reason someone couldn’t do both, but it seems hard and unnecessary, especially if you are in your early or mid 20’s, what’s the hurry? You definitly can’t be pregnant and a dcc(for more than maayyybe 12 weeks), so might as well just finish cheering, then get married, it just sounds like way less of a headache. 

 

If they f’d over Lexie and her bridal party just by changing the date, that would be seriously f’d up, because it does seem like she planned it around the usual date of tryouts, but who knows, maybe she was always planning to retire. 

3

Share Post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, WinkyFace said:

Regardless of if you see your wedding as an “event” or a “small gathering”, I see no problem with not wanting to be at the every whim of the DCC organization while planning a wedding and starting a marriage. 

Personally I wouldn't want to be at the whim of any organization as far as my personal life goes.

4

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Personally I wouldn't want to be at the whim of any organization as far as my personal life goes.

True! That’s really the only reason I’m not a dcc myself. Well, that, the cookies I love, the fact that I haven’t taken  a dance class since 6th grade (level 1 ballet) and I’m not flexible :-D :-D 

2

Share Post


Link to post

I wonder if the DCC girls are under extra scrutiny with their weddings? There is so much emphasis on superficial perfection with DCC that I imagine every aspect of a wedding, the showers and the gifts, are analyzed and discussed by the squad. I don’t know, they seem like a judgemental group of girls if someone doesn’t measure up to their standard, but that’s just my view. 

I could see  a DCC wedding being extra pressured to be perfect, at least for some girls, instead of a celebration of love and creating a new family. 

0

Share Post


Link to post
16 minutes ago, WinkyFace said:

True! That’s really the only reason I’m not a dcc myself. Well, that, the cookies I love, the fact that I haven’t taken  a dance class since 6th grade (level 1 ballet) and I’m not flexible :-D :-D 

And is your bod DCC ready for the uniform?  Cookies can be substituted for poms you know.

1

Share Post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

And is your bod DCC ready for the uniform?  Cookies can be substituted for poms you know.

Do poms taste as good!? Hahha 

1

Share Post


Link to post
27 minutes ago, WinkyFace said:

True! That’s really the only reason I’m not a dcc myself. Well, that, the cookies I love, the fact that I haven’t taken  a dance class since 6th grade (level 1 ballet) and I’m not flexible :-D :-D 

Me too, except for the fact that I'm fat, and can't dance. 

3

Share Post


Link to post

Even if they do pull a string and let Lexie interview early, almost her entire bridal party is on the team too. I wonder how that will work

0

Share Post


Link to post
21 hours ago, KatieLen said:

Honestly, that solo picture of Alexis is terrible. Mid "prune" definitely

I actually didn’t like the photo shoot of these girls. They look miserable and it’s not a DCC look for me. I don’t care for the clothing either. 

2

Share Post


Link to post
On 11/15/2018 at 2:15 PM, nittanyvolleyball said:

Did anyone else see the Nike ad with Christina and Alexis that was posted on the DCC insta stories?

Yes I saw it and dislike it. I don’t like the clothing or the looks of the girls. 

2

Share Post


Link to post

While the audition dates have been posted on the DCC website (thank you to whoever posted that), not everything is updated and people can't submit a completed application yet.  Essentially, one would still have to wait until everything is up and running.

0

Share Post


Link to post

Those pictures of Alexis and Christina make them look awful. Christina’s pose made me laugh out loud. Is this Tough Prune? 

1

Share Post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

Those pictures of Alexis and Christina make them look awful. Christina’s pose made me laugh out loud. Is this Tough Prune? 

So many questions! Why so dark!? Why so blue!? Why is Christina holding the hood in every photo? These are just weird. 

1

Share Post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, ATLGirl said:

Those pictures of Alexis and Christina make them look awful. Christina’s pose made me laugh out loud. Is this Tough Prune? 

I think it reflects the person I’ve always seen her being from the show.I remember when she looked like a deer in headlights when Judy said “your kick technique is WRONG!” She just sounded so desperate when she got cut that year, but she barelt raised  any sympathy or caring in me.

I don’t know her at all and I’m only talking about the way she seems on the show and now she seems unreasonably haughty for an average girl. I don’t know why she’s in an ad campaign expect for her look of blank disdain. 

Edit to add - if only she had bikini bottoms to pull down with her thumb like in the bathing suits. That was super classy. (Sarcasm)

Edited by rose711.
1

Share Post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now