Jump to content

S07.E00: Meet the New Moms

Meet Bristol and Cheyenne. Learn how Bristol’s teen pregnancy was at the forefront of conversation during her mother’s, Sarah Palin’s, Vice Presidential campaign and how Cheyenne’s participation on MTV’s The Challenge lead to her unexpected pregnancy.

Airs: September 24, 2018

2

Share Post


Link to post

Sarah Palin looks like she's wearing a mask.

Edited by druzy.
2

Share Post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Ok I really was not expecting Sarah Palin talking heads. 

Sigh.

  Really? I totally was. How could she resist? And what else is she doing now? She’s a total attention and camera whore. I totally knew should be all over this show. I will say they’ve got me hooked with Bristol’s husband’s PTSD storyline. That’s going to be interesting.

    I can already tell I’ll be fast forwarding through Cheyenne’s segments. What an entitled little bitch. And not even an entertaining one (like, God help me, Farrah).

Edited by Liamsmom617.
18

Share Post


Link to post

Why is Cheyenne even on the show? A girl who has her first baby at 23 is not a teen mom. Art least Bristol had her first at 17. And she is the same age as the other girls. She at least fits somewhat.

19

Share Post


Link to post

And Bristol used to appear at those teen pregnancy events (or whatever they were) with Maci and Farrah.

Edited by Marisagf.
8

Share Post


Link to post

Are these two going to be bed, couch sitters?

First impressions of their energy levels?

5

Share Post


Link to post

As I was watching Cheyenne and Bristol I kept wondering, “where is the story?”

With Cheyenne, she shouldn’t  be on the show.  So she is co-parenting with her hook-up baby daddy.  I didn’t really get much else here except her appearances on MTV shows and her attraction to tatted up muscle dudes.  Her parents seem normal, her house is nice and her daughter is as cute as a button.  Why is her story so compelling?  Hint: it’s not.

As for Bristol, unless she buys furniture at Farrah’s store, eats frozen yogurt at FroCo, and shops at Sophia Laurent, the only thing of any interest is her hubby’s PTSD.  And that’s his story.  I loved how she had all those fake chats with her family at the most awkward times.  Her sister’s bachelorette party seemed like it was all about her!  That darn editing.  She is articulate, attractive, has a nice home, lovely children, good relationships with her family.  What else? Oh... she’s a conservative.  What else you got?

I will say, there was something about her talking head interview that reminded me of Farrah. Maybe it’s the long brown hair but she had a very slight resemblance to Farrah in that interview. I can’t put my finger on it.

Edited by Marisagf.
12

Share Post


Link to post

I never would have described Bristol as "articulate." She has said some nasty, dimwitted, hateful, nonsensical things on SM.

14

Share Post


Link to post

Bristol's already had a ton of plastic surgery, I think. In addition to the work on her chin and jaw, it looks like she's had a nose job.

And newsflash, Bristol. Its not because you're conservative. Its because you are petulant, snotty and hateful.

I may be out. With Farrah gone there's nowhere near the entertainment value.

20

Share Post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Marisagf said:

I will say, there was something about her talking head interview that reminded me of Farrah. Maybe it’s the long brown hair but she had a very slight resemblance to Farrah in that interview. I can’t put my finger on it.

The way she speaks? I looked away from the TV and thought Farrah was talking.

9

Share Post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Liamsmom617 said:

  

    I can already tell I’ll be fast forwarding through Cheyenne’s segments. What an entitled little bitch. And not even an entertaining one (like, God help me, Farrah).

I have already started ff'ding Cheyenne.  I don't like her at all.  I also don't understand all the men - the boyfriend she was with when she got pregnant, the baby daddy from the challenge, and the guy she is living with.. I have no interest in any of them.

10

Share Post


Link to post

Bristol fits right in with all of the women on reality shows (any of them).  The "like" word used every few seconds was on full blast, plus some uptalk.  How in the hell did all of this start?  I never spoke this way at that age, but then again, I'm an old bat of 64.  Just weird how most of them speak this way.  The minute this crap starts, I get distracted from the content of what they are saying.  I think it also was happening with Cheyenne as well.

6

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, druzy said:

The way she speaks? I looked away from the TV and thought Farrah was talking.

Could be..but without the word salad.  :)

2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I never would have described Bristol as "articulate." She has said some nasty, dimwitted, hateful, nonsensical things on SM.

Compared to the TM crew?  She's articulate.  :)

4

Share Post


Link to post

Gah! I don't regret passing on this one. I have a feeling this is no Teen Mom2.

10

Share Post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Marisagf said:

 

As for Bristol, unless she buys furniture at Farrah’s store, eats frozen yogurt at FroCo, and shops at Sophia Laurent, the only thing of any interest is her hubby’s PTSD.  And that’s his story.  I loved how she had all those fake chats with her family at the most awkward times.  Her sister’s bachelorette party seemed like it was all about her!  That darn editing.  She is articulate, attractive, has a nice home, lovely children, good relationships with her family.  What else? Oh... she’s a conservative.  What else you got?

I will say, there was something about her talking head interview that reminded me of Farrah. Maybe it’s the long brown hair but she had a very slight resemblance to Farrah in that interview. I can’t put my finger on it.

No lie, I would crack up of this happened. She reminded me of Farrah, as well.

6

Share Post


Link to post

It appears the gods may have decided they like me because they had TCM show The Last Waltz last night against Teen Mom, so I wasn't even tempted to "meet the new moms."  That's no guarantee about what I'll be able to do next week, but I'm encouraged.

4

Share Post


Link to post

23 and on her fourth MTV reality show, Cheyenne must be f- ing one of the producers! She doesn’t qualify as “Teen Mom”. I didn’t care for her on either of the “Are You the One” shows and I’ve stopped watching the Challenge so I didn’t watch the fascinating Corey/Cheyenne love story but I’m not “getting” MTV’s fascination with her.

8

Share Post


Link to post

i do think its pretty funny they needed TWO girls to fill Farrahs spot. 

13

Share Post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Thorkim said:

Bristol fits right in with all of the women on reality shows (any of them).  The "like" word used every few seconds was on full blast, plus some uptalk.  How in the hell did all of this start?  I never spoke this way at that age, but then again, I'm an old bat of 64.  Just weird how most of them speak this way.  The minute this crap starts, I get distracted from the content of what they are saying.  I think it also was happening with Cheyenne as well.

I want to kill the person who "invented" ending every damn thought or sentence with " so.... "

Finish your thought and then stop speaking. The end. No need to make themselves sound even more inarticulate than they already are. 

I. Can't. Handle. It.

I blame phones and tablets for this as well.

No one actually speaks to other people anymore, and as a result, many people struggle to speak clearly or succinctly because they cannot insert an emoji or animated GIF to "speak for them."

11

Share Post


Link to post

Had it on my DVR and cancelled it. I'm out for good. Time for this gravy train to pull out of the station. I'm am enjoying Unexpected, and of course the mother of all Trainwreck shows 90 Day Fiance.

Edited by jacksgirl.
11

Share Post


Link to post

I actually found myself liking Bristol,much to my surprise. Not so much Cheyenne.

10

Share Post


Link to post

Cheyennes voice grates . 

Bristol does sound exactly like Farrah . Farrah was horrible but she was made for reality tv . I miss laughing at her 

7

Share Post


Link to post

Kind of agree with Jack’s girl - the train has left the station on this show. And Caitln getting pregnant again when she barely pays attention to the one she kept.....can’t watch it!

12

Share Post


Link to post

What happened with the girl Mackenzie from teen mom 3 who was supposed to be added to the show? I know she said in an interview that they chose not to go with her storyline, but didn't they already confirm that she was going to be on it? I remember her being on a teen mom after show and she was confirmed.

4

Share Post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

What happened with the girl Mackenzie from teen mom 3 who was supposed to be added to the show? I know she said in an interview that they chose not to go with her storyline, but didn't they already confirm that she was going to be on it? I remember her being on a teen mom after show and she was confirmed.

They used the footage they filmed as a Where Are They Now Special.

5

Share Post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

What happened with the girl Mackenzie from teen mom 3 who was supposed to be added to the show? I know she said in an interview that they chose not to go with her storyline, but didn't they already confirm that she was going to be on it? I remember her being on a teen mom after show and she was confirmed.

She would have been a better addition to the cast.

9

Share Post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Marisagf said:

She would have been a better addition to the cast.

I would have had a hard time watching her mother suffer from stage 4 cancer. Too close to home.

6

Share Post


Link to post
On 9/25/2018 at 10:43 AM, Pepper Mostly said:

Bristol's already had a ton of plastic surgery, I think. In addition to the work on her chin and jaw, it looks like she's had a nose job.

And newsflash, Bristol. Its not because you're conservative. Its because you are petulant, snotty and hateful.

I may be out. With Farrah gone there's nowhere near the entertainment value.

As soon as I saw Sarah Palin's shitty visage, I was out.  I refuse to contribute to the support of her shitty spawn.  They're a shitty family, and I don't give a shit about them.  I hope this iteration of TM goes down in shit flames.

16

Share Post


Link to post

The only person who's even moderately amusing in a train wrecky way is Amber. But will I be amused by watching her bring another helpless child into her co-dependent, lazy, filthy, trashy world? with that creepy lamprey-faced boyfriend of hers lurking? Doubtful. Bristol I endured on Dancing with the Stars, and she was an unlikable, spiteful, bitter little witch. I don't want to fire up a synapse to even spit "Oh shut up you snowbilly grifter" at my TV. 

12

Share Post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

The only person who's even moderately amusing in a train wrecky way is Amber. But will I be amused by watching her bring another helpless child into her co-dependent, lazy, filthy, trashy world? with that creepy lamprey-faced boyfriend of hers lurking? Doubtful. Bristol I endured on Dancing with the Stars, and she was an unlikable, spiteful, bitter little witch. I don't want to fire up a synapse to even spit "Oh shut up you snowbilly grifter" at my TV. 

If I could be sure that her shittiness would reach levels that would amuse me, I might be persuaded to give her a chance.  But the bar is high (or low, I don't know which) because she is being paid for this.  Shittiness should not be rewarded unless it makes me laugh or feel superior.  I can't forgive her her enthusiasm for her speaking engagements touting chastity, "saving yourself for marriage."  Shitty hypocrites are the worst kind.  Just say no my ass.

9

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Marisagf said:

She would have been a better addition to the cast.

I actually may have watched this season if they had. She seemed like a good fit for the show. I didn't watch the meet the moms special as I am already familiar with both girls and don't want to waste a minute watching either of them. I'll stick with Unexpected. If they merge the 2 shows and drop the 2 new ones, Janelle and Brianna I might watch again.

3

Share Post


Link to post

I don’t know where to put this, so I apologize to the moderators if this is the wrong spot. 

Last night, I learned that Bristol’s son, Tripp, is going to be on Dancing with the Stars: Junior Edition. He was in a pre-packages video clip, but when introducing the “Jr celebs” last night, Tripp was not there. 

The minute I saw Tripp (these Palin names; Ugh!!) was doing DWTS, I couldn’t help but solidify in my brain that BP is officially a famewhore who doesn’t want to work. However, she needs to pay for her plastic surgery and her mortgage somehow, so the  reality shows must go on!

It wasn’t until she said it that I remembered that she had her own show several years ago about her life. Of course she did. 

For any of you who saw BP “dance” on DWTS for two damn seasons, one of which was an All Star Season, you’re probably still trying to forget her and her “dancing”; I know I am!

BP has shown the world on many occasions that she’s got no real skill set to earn a living, so she should fit right in with the other Teen Moms!

18

Share Post


Link to post

I honestly had a hard time even paying attention to any of it, I’m annoyed that ten years later they wanna ADD girls to the already established show... I was annoyed when they added Brianna and now these two are annoying me too... they could’ve just moved forward with the 3 and not get us all started with two more people we aren’t in too.. just my option of course

Edited by Mainer.
14

Share Post


Link to post
17 hours ago, Bridget said:

For any of you who saw BP “dance” on DWTS for two damn seasons, one of which was an All Star Season, you’re probably still trying to forget her and her “dancing”; I know I am!

God she was awful. Her utter lack of dancing ability combined with her shitty attitude and the fact that she was paired with hyperactive howler monkey Mark Ballas put me off DWTS that season.

7

Share Post


Link to post
23 hours ago, Marisagf said:

She would have been a better addition to the cast.

I agree.  I wonder if they will see what is written online and make some moves - get rid of Cheyenne and add Mackenzie.  They probably see that people actually watched the Where are They Now special, and deleted the Meet the Moms.  Or am I just assuming that everyone did what I did?

Can MTV see what I watch and what I delete?  I think they can... 

 

 

22 hours ago, Mothra said:

As soon as I saw Sarah Palin's shitty visage, I was out.  I refuse to contribute to the support of her shitty spawn.  They're a shitty family, and I don't give a shit about them.  I hope this iteration of TM goes down in shit flames.

HA!

4

Share Post


Link to post

I was sorry that they decided not to follow Mackenzie.  I'm a cancer survivor (breast and kidney) and now my breast cancer is back, and I was looking forward to watching how Mackenzie and her family dealt with her mother's presumably fatal condition.  I have no reason to believe I'm dying btw--but I did like seeing a cancer victim being nasty--human!--like when Mackenzie tried to talk to her mom about her childhood.  Her mother became very defensive, despite all the "spiritual" shit she'd been espousing, and downright ugly to Mackenzie, even pulling out the "I have stage four cancer, and this is what you want to talk about?" card.  I was stunned by her nastiness to her daughter, who must be scared and despairing.

I get to say this:  the person with cancer really has the easier job.  We do what we're told; all kinds of medical folks want to help us feel better, if not *get* better, but our families suffer with anxiety, fear and premature mourning.  The families are the ones whose grief will last for years, if not forever; the cancer patient will get better or not--it's out of her hands, really, as long as she follows what she's supposed to do.  Mackenzie's mother does not understand this, and it's too bad.  Her mother might, in fact, be more at peace with herself if she could rid herself of what seems to me to be fake spirituality.

16

Share Post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

God she was awful. Her utter lack of dancing ability combined with her shitty attitude and the fact that she was paired with hyperactive howler monkey Mark Ballas put me off DWTS that season.

Four words: Poodle skirt and bear outfit. ?

I thought I was the only one who thought he was obnoxious. I also wish he would figure out which accent he wants to use when he speaks. 

That said, his “Harry Potter” theme song from Halloween night several years ago (with Chelsea Kane) is his only redeeming quality. If anyone here loves Harry Potter, please watch that dance on YouTube! You’re welcome. 

On topic: Politics aside, WHY is Bristol’s mom going to be featured on the show AND have THs when none of the other grandmothers are regularly featured? Even Mimi Jen, who has gotten the most screen time because she’s essentially taken over Ryan’s role, doesn’t have THs. 

Maybe it was a caveat to BP appearing on the show? However, for as desperate for $$ as I’m assuming she is, I can’t imagine BP turning down a paycheck from MTV unless her mom was on the show. 

5

Share Post


Link to post
49 minutes ago, Mothra said:

I was sorry that they decided not to follow Mackenzie.  I'm a cancer survivor (breast and kidney) and now my breast cancer is back, and I was looking forward to watching how Mackenzie and her family dealt with her mother's presumably fatal condition.  I have no reason to believe I'm dying btw--but I did like seeing a cancer victim being nasty--human!--like when Mackenzie tried to talk to her mom about her childhood.  Her mother became very defensive, despite all the "spiritual" shit she'd been espousing, and downright ugly to Mackenzie, even pulling out the "I have stage four cancer, and this is what you want to talk about?" card.  I was stunned by her nastiness to her daughter, who must be scared and despairing.

I get to say this:  the person with cancer really has the easier job.  We do what we're told; all kinds of medical folks want to help us feel better, if not *get* better, but our families suffer with anxiety, fear and premature mourning.  The families are the ones whose grief will last for years, if not forever; the cancer patient will get better or not--it's out of her hands, really, as long as she follows what she's supposed to do.  Mackenzie's mother does not understand this, and it's too bad.  Her mother might, in fact, be more at peace with herself if she could rid herself of what seems to me to be fake spirituality.

@Mothra, I'm so sorry to hear your cancer is back.  Sending you vibes of strength.

And I co-sign everything you've said here. It speaks to my experience as well. (And I agree about losing that spirituality shtick.)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic.
5

Share Post


Link to post
On 9/25/2018 at 9:44 PM, Gyproselee said:

I actually found myself liking Bristol,much to my surprise. Not so much Cheyenne.

Same here, I actually enjoyed Bristol's intro.  I don't know if I can handle their martial differences, gave me anxiety!  I found myself FF'ing through Cheyenne.  I'll watch the new show for an episode or two, but without Farrah, Teen Mom is not that exciting.  I am not a Maci or Caitlyn fan (FF through their episodes too) and am not looking forward to watching Amber lay on the couch or in bed with James all day.


 

3

Share Post


Link to post

If any member of the cast had said the things Cheyenne was found to have said on social media, they would have been booted from the series (David Eason is Exhibit A).  MTV knew about them, yet hired her anyway.  Somebody convince me there is not a double standard at MTV.

10

Share Post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

If any member of the cast had said the things Cheyenne was found to have said on social media, they would have been booted from the series (David Eason is Exhibit A).  MTV knew about them, yet hired her anyway.  Somebody convince me there is not a double standard at MTV.

I think the main difference is that Cheyenne's comments were made 7 years ago and she has expressed regret for saying them. David Eason was given an opportunity from mtv to apologize for his hateful comments but he refused, which is what led to him being fired.

7

Share Post


Link to post
On 9/26/2018 at 10:15 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

What happened with the girl Mackenzie from teen mom 3 who was supposed to be added to the show? I know she said in an interview that they chose not to go with her storyline, but didn't they already confirm that she was going to be on it? I remember her being on a teen mom after show and she was confirmed.

They probably need the money more than Bristol and Cheyanne but holy moly her marriage is about ready to crash and burn....  then again maybe Bristol's is too  but I'm glad Mackenzie at least got the special.  I thought her mom had passed by now.....? but am I wrong? 

Honestly after watching this I am interested in Bristol's story - Cheyanne I am horribly confused as to how she got on this show. She even brought up how people say to her 'you're not a teen mom' and she response with 'but i'm a young mom' then omg... go get yourself on the 'young and pregnant' MTV show. I think she was brought on because Cory might boost up the ratings.  I watched Are you the One and I didn't remember her by name, barely remembered her by photo but I do remember her now after watching this. I didn't watch her on the challenge. 

2

Share Post


Link to post

Cheyannes voice is very annoying .. why does she sound like a 5 year old when she speaks ? It literally does pay to be trashy. 

5

Share Post


Link to post

I have been watching teen mom since the beginning... I’m trying to be a loyal watcher and fan... and mtv just keeps changing things up... they changed the reunions around half of them aren’t there, adding people, supposed to prevent teen pregnancy but these girls all reproduce like rabbits while they sit around the house and mtv throws money at them.. it’s so far off from a normal struggle a teen mom would have... yet I keep watching and watching even tho it’s aggravating to watch, I can’t help myself... what has mtv done to me?? I feel like an abused watcher.. they’ve broken me. Maybe it’s a teen mom addiction... maybe I’m crazy.. even my children know Monday’s A MOM!! Why why why? My teenage boys will walk in the room and recognize amber, Maci, Janelle, all of them... I think it’s unhealthy, and now my addiction has reached this forum... how do I stop this vicious cycle, it’s feeding these famewhores... but I’ll never quit till the shows over! Phewwwwww..?? rant over..

6

Share Post


Link to post
On 9/26/2018 at 1:26 PM, Bridget said:

Last night, I learned that Bristol’s son, Tripp, is going to be on Dancing with the Stars: Junior Edition. 

Ugh. Why? (Rhetorical, unless someone has an answer!)

On 9/28/2018 at 12:25 PM, gunderda said:

Cheyanne I am horribly confused as to how she got on this show. She even brought up how people say to her 'you're not a teen mom' and she response with 'but i'm a young mom' then omg... go get yourself on the 'young and pregnant' MTV show. I think she was brought on because Cory might boost up the ratings.  I watched Are you the One and I didn't remember her by name, barely remembered her by photo but I do remember her now after watching this. I didn't watch her on the challenge. 

Isn’t she way older than the Young and Pregnant cast? She’s 25. I don’t watch that show but I thought they were all teens or maybe like, 20, not older. I definitely assumed they were all way younger than the TM casts, is that not right? Current age wise she fits in best with the TM2 cast, I think. But she was never even close to being a teen mom so she doesn’t fit the TM brand at all. I agree, it’s because of Cory. MTV really wants to make him happen, for some reason.

Edited by Rebecca.
4

Share Post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Ugh. Why? (Rhetorical, unless someone has an answer!)

Isn’t she way older than the Young and Pregnant cast? She’s 25. I don’t watch that show but I thought they were all teens or maybe like, 20, not older. I definitely assumed they were all way younger than the TM casts, is that not right? Current age wise she fits in best with the TM2 cast, I think. But she was never even close to being a teen mom so she doesn’t fit the TM brand at all. I agree, it’s because of Cory. MTV really wants to make him happen, for some reason.

At least two of the young and pregnant cast are 20-21 (Ashley and the girl with the blow up doll lips) so I think that's what I was thinking of, but you're right the others are all still in high school.  

2

Share Post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now