Spoilers and Speculation

Good god.  The character who was sinking the show is being given a second chance to drive a stake through it?  No wonder three of their leads/iconic characters bailed.

Ryan Hurst will make one creepy fucker though.  Too bad they already did this storyline with the wolves.

Share Post

12 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Good god.  The character who was sinking the show is being given a second chance to drive a stake through it?  No wonder three of their leads/iconic characters bailed.

Echo echo ECHO echo echo echo Echo.  And Echo.

12 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Ryan Hurst will make one creepy fucker though.  Too bad they already did this storyline with the wolves.

Maybe Hurst can do it better.

Share Post

13 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Echo echo ECHO echo echo echo Echo.  And Echo.

Maybe Hurst can do it better.

I hope so.  I wouldn’t mind having a good villain around for awhile.

i will admit the way they introduced the Whisperes worked for me.  Super creepy. 

Share Post

3 hours ago, Anela said:

He was apparently happy to be killed off, just as frustrated as viewers, over not being given anything to work with, after his initial big entrance.

Can't say I blame him.

Tonight I happened to catch the first Star Trek movie tonight...it wasn't, like, great, but it just reminded me that you can take a well established, well-made group of characters and put them in any situation and have an adventure! Even going back and having young actors play the young characters.  This is so where the show drops the ball, over and over again.  You could take the example of Seinfeld or Friends, of Always Sunny, lol, or Star Trek or go back to something like Bonanza or Gunsmoke, and have the set group of well defined characters go into any situation and be either hilarious or courageous, what have you, and have a great story.  TWD HAD THIS GROUP OF CHARACTERS, but they sacrficed all of them to stupid storylines and plot devices to drive some dumb idea they have forward.  They have it completly backwards.

Share Post

1 hour ago, peach said:

Tonight I happened to catch the first Star Trek movie tonight...it wasn't, like, great, but it just reminded me that you can take a well established, well-made group of characters and put them in any situation and have an adventure!

Yes, well-defined characters we got to know and loved and care about. So now we're supposed to care about Henry getting drunk, in a kind of "Leave it to Beaver" moment with the, "Aw, gee Dad. I've learned my lesson and I'll never ever do that again." Got me right in the feels, it did.

Compare that to the long-ago time when we cared about THESE characters. Was it ever this good again?

Share Post

15 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

i will admit the way they introduced the Whisperes worked for me.  Super creepy. 

It was, they made a really good job of it. I am surprised though that they didn’t prolong the mystery a bit longer, the killer  could easily have slipped back into the fog and despite the answer seeming obvious, the group wouldn’t be sure as to exactly ‘what’ killed Jesus. 

Their gimmick is now known by all, so are they now just another bunch of villains? despite the skins I’m wondering how the show can put a twist into the upcoming confrontations, or will it just be ‘all out war 2.0 - medieval edition’?

Edited by OoohMaggie.

Share Post

Right now TWD reminds me of the last season of Scrubs.  Some of the old favorites are still around but most of the newer folks range from OK (Aaron, Jesus(RIP), Ezekiel) to atrocious (Henry).  I'd argue that the last truly compelling character they introduced is Michonne, and that was way back in season 3.  There will always be creative and disgusting ways to kill zombies so at least the show has this going for it but we're seeing the limits of how far that can go.

Share Post

5 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

Right now TWD reminds me of the last season of Scrubs.  Some of the old favorites are still around but most of the newer folks range from OK (Aaron, Jesus(RIP), Ezekiel) to atrocious (Henry).  I'd argue that the last truly compelling character they introduced is Michonne, and that was way back in season 3.  There will always be creative and disgusting ways to kill zombies so at least the show has this going for it but we're seeing the limits of how far that can go.

I’d say it’s even worse on that; even when they have compelling characters, the writers have absolutely no idea what to do with them. Tom Payne addressed this some in his exit interview with the Hollywood Reporter; after the big bang and flash of Jesus’s introduction, the character went nowhere - shifting from Super Ninja Thief to Pacifist Extraordinaire to Managing Mister Morgan to Unhappy Regent, and simply disappearing for large chunks of time between each shift.

Jesus was the writers’ Shelf Elf - and not the only one.

ETA: Reference link - https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/live-feed/walking-dead-tom-payne-exits-jesus-fate-explained-1163273

Edited by Nashville.

Share Post

From Nov. 26, 2018 AMC Press Release...
http://www.amcnetworks.com/press-releases/amc-announces-the-second-half-of-the-walking-dead-season-nine-returns-sunday-february-10-at-900-p-m-etpt/

AMC ANNOUNCES THE SECOND HALF OF “THE WALKING DEAD” SEASON NINE RETURNS SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 10 AT 9:00 P.M. ET/PT
NEW YORK, NY – November 26, 2018 – AMC’s “The Walking Dead” will return for the second half of season nine on Sunday, February 10 at 9:00 p.m. ET/ PT as announced by Chris Hardwick on last night’s “Talking Dead.”  Hardwick also revealed that the season three premiere of “Ride with Norman Reedus” will air at midnight that same evening.
The second half of “The Walking Dead” season nine finds our groups of survivors, both old and new, continuing to deal with the impact of events that took place during the six years that have passed. Since the disappearance of Rick, many of these characters have become strangers to each other, and in some ways, strangers to themselves. What they do know is that they are in undeniable danger. They will soon realize the world just beyond does not operate as they thought. The group’s rules and ways of survival no longer guarantee their safety. A whole new threat has crossed their paths, and they soon discover it’s unlike any threat they have encountered or endured before. The group will start to question what they think they see. What may appear to be normal in this post-apocalyptic world could actually be more disturbing and terrifying than when the apocalypse first broke out. All that is certain is the stakes are high and numerous.

Based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics, “The Walking Dead” tells the story of the months and years after a zombie apocalypse and follows a group of survivors who travel in search of a safe and secure home. The series is executive produced by chief content officer Scott M. Gimple, showrunner Angela Kang, Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, Dave Alpert, Greg Nicotero, Tom Luse and Denise Huth.

Edited by tv echo.

Share Post

Kang talking scars and such,

“So, the scars. Clearly, our group has been through some stuff in the six years that we've jumped. I will say that within the back half, we will start to learn more about what the story was. There will be an answer for the audience in terms of what was the origin of these scars and what kind of led Alexandria a bit down the path that it's been on. It's what's exciting about the six year gap is there's some opportunities to play with time and maybe see some of what that story was in the future. So that's kinda what I'll say”

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/2462218/how-the-walking-deads-x-scars-reveal-will-factor-into-the-story

Share Post

38 minutes ago, OoohMaggie said:

So that's kinda what I'll say”

Three of my old high school English teachers just broke out their long knives.

Share Post

On 11/26/2018 at 11:10 PM, AngelaHunter said:

Yes, well-defined characters we got to know and loved and care about. So now we're supposed to care about Henry getting drunk, in a kind of "Leave it to Beaver" moment with the, "Aw, gee Dad. I've learned my lesson and I'll never ever do that again." Got me right in the feels, it did.

Compare that to the long-ago time when we cared about THESE characters. Was it ever this good again?

Oh my god, that was almost five f'king years ago. I hate that time is going so quickly. I had a fever the night this came back, and had totally forgotten about it. I had a quick shower,not realizing until I was up there, that I had a fever, and wasn't just exhausted, but it broke, I made tea, and settled in to watch this around midnight. I remember these things, because I was happy to have it back. 

I wonder how they will end it. I can't see it going on for years. I know they wanted it to, but there's nothing much to watch (although I do want to see the scene where they introduce the whisperers, going by what I've seen here). 

Share Post

11 hours ago, OoohMaggie said:

It's what's exciting about the six year gap is there's some opportunities to play with time and maybe see some of what that story was in the future.

Whut? I almost feel sorry for her, having to pump up and pimp out this shit this way, stuff so bad it seems to be rendering her incoherent.

10 hours ago, Nashville said:

Three of my old high school English teachers just broke out their long knives.

One of my English teachers, Mr. Bevington, would merely throw an eraser at her head.

Share Post

8 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

One of my English teachers, Mr. Bevington, would merely throw an eraser at her head.

Canadian, right?

<ducking>

;)

Share Post

Well, since this last one did devolve into a live action Scooby Doo, complete with villain unmasking, and the Globetrotters did appear in one of the Scooby movies ...

Share Post

On 11/29/2018 at 7:00 PM, Nashville said:

Canadian, right?

Right, but Mr. Neville Bevington (on whom I had a major schoolgirl crush) was from England and too refined to haul out a knife, although his aim with the eraser was admirable.

On 11/27/2018 at 5:44 PM, Nashville said:

Jesus was the writers’ Shelf Elf - and not the only one

I lost interest in him when he was violently thrown from the roof of Rick's truck and wasn't hurt in any way and which precipitated the ridiculous Daryl chase scene. Pure comic book stuff.

Share Post

18 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

I lost interest in him when he was violently thrown from the roof of Rick's truck and wasn't hurt in any way and which precipitated the ridiculous Daryl chase scene. Pure comic book stuff.

Thank you for reminding me of this clip,  a Walking Dead classic!

Edited by OoohMaggie.

Share Post

Cool, I did look for a speedy version but couldn’t find one, it does make a difference and is really the point as you say, all we need is a line of Negan’s ‘wives’ chasing the three of them. Ive always hoped that the show actually meant to inject a little humour, but..............

i did replace my clip with yours if anyone’s confused

Edited by OoohMaggie.

Share Post

Some tidbits from this past weekend's Walker Stalker:

Pollyanna Macintosh said Jadis/Anne will be in the upcoming TWD movies with Rick. She also said she knows what an A and B are.

Tom Payne, who hasn't cut his hair yet, said he's not done with TWD. Upcoming episodes will have flashbacks that cover the six-year time jump.

Ross Marquand joked that the X's on Michonne and Daryl are a crossover with The X-Men. CDB will develop mutant powers. Aaron will have Wolverine claws come out of his metal hand.

Share Post

13 hours ago, dvil said:

Some tidbits from this past weekend's Walker Stalker:

Pollyanna Macintosh said Jadis/Anne will be in the upcoming TWD movies with Rick. She also said she knows what an A and B are.

Tom Payne, who hasn't cut his hair yet, said he's not done with TWD. Upcoming episodes will have flashbacks that cover the six-year time jump.

Ross Marquand joked that the X's on Michonne and Daryl are a crossover with The X-Men. CDB will develop mutant powers. Aaron will have Wolverine claws come out of his metal hand.

WHO does Pollyanna Macintosh know?  It's not the acting and it definitely isn't that the fandom is clamouring for MORE JADIS?  So who does she know or, more importantly, WHAT does she know? 

And who gives a flying fuck what an A and B are?

Share Post

7 minutes ago, mightysparrow said:

They are desperately trying to create mystery to drum up some excitement (and ratings) about this dying show. 

Share Post

1 hour ago, mightysparrow said:

Depends on how big a fan you are of the Jackson 5.  ;)

Share Post

On 11/24/2018 at 11:39 AM, peach said:

So I guess this will leave Tara as head of Hilltop, and she will basically take over the Maggie role now.  Yawn.

Oh god you're right. Is there a walker available? Less mopey, more proactive, doesn't ask people if they wanna, like, stay or stay stay.

Share Post

I wonder how contract negotiations with Danai are going? Judging by some of the reactions I've read on SM and YT, the first half of the season 9 seems to have presented Michonne in a rather unfavorable light. AMC's social media certainly never passes on a chance to take regular potshots at the character. Meanwhile, Danai is out here raising her A-list celebrity profile, while also becoming a UN Goodwill Ambassador and paying the show and the network dust.

Interesting.

Share Post

5 hours ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

Oh god you're right. Is there a walker available? Less mopey, more proactive, doesn't ask people if they wanna, like, stay or stay stay.

No fist bumps.  No Scientology auditing.

Share Post

2 hours ago, LydiaMoon1 said:

I wonder how contract negotiations with Danai are going?

Well, at least they don’t have to pay Andrew Lincoln and Lauren Cohan anymore. Fingers crossed they won’t be paying JDM after this season. They should have some money freed up if they’re not going to be uber cheap by their standards. Ignoring AMC having to pay her what she deems as enough, I wonder if she wants to stay. TWD is probably the safer financial decision but something isn’t kosher with this show/network and she could hit the jackpot. 

God, it’s going to make a great book or expose one day. I’m mainly excited for when that happens.

Share Post