Season 11 In The Media Already

Bethenny was born in Queens, N.Y. (A borough of N.Y.) and raised on Long Island.  In all the boroughs surrounding the city, even New Jersey, you could say we all “tauk” the same.  Even Jill Zarin, who was from Long Island originally.  A lot of transplants from other states move to Manhattan and talk differently.  

Share Post

1 hour ago, Gem 10 said:

Bethenny was born in Queens, N.Y. (A borough of N.Y.) and raised on Long Island.  In all the boroughs surrounding the city, even New Jersey, you could say we all “tauk” the same.  Even Jill Zarin, who was from Long Island originally.  A lot of transplants from other states move to Manhattan and talk differently.  

Oh, yes. I agree totally with you. I guess I think of NYC as Manhattan. When someone tells me that they are going to be in the city, I think that they are going to be in Manhattan, not Queens. Beth definitely has a Queens or LI accent. 

Share Post

21 hours ago, AnnA said:

I read about the weight loss and grief diet but I never heard the term "widow's weeds."  

I think this is actually a reference to the notion that people in mourning are supposed to display their grief in their attire.  "Widow weeds" are black dresses etc.

15 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Maybe Dennis’s family won’t permit it since technically they were still married.  Legally, could they stop it?

I genuinely don't see what legal recourse they would have in stopping Bethenny from discussing her relationship with Dennis. Their relationship was not some secret, it's been discussed publically since 2016 so it's a little late for Dennis's family to close the barn door and attempt the "Dennis and Jill were HAPPILY MARRIED THEY LOVED EACH OTHER COMPLETELY and THERE WERE NO ISSUES" story anyway, but I don't know that there's any legal way to prevent Bethenny discussing her relationship with Dennis.

But maybe Jill Shield's boyfriend is a lawyer and can give her some tips.

Share Post

58 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Oh, yes. I agree totally with you. I guess I think of NYC as Manhattan. When someone tells me that they are going to be in the city, I think that they are going to be in Manhattan, not Queens. Beth definitely has a Queens or LI accent. 

Haha, wait.  New York City is Manhattan.  Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island and Manhattan are the five boroughs.  We all have the same accents, even New Jersey. (Theresa).  I was born in Queens, worked in Manhattan (the city), and live on Long Island.  Bethenny was born in Queens, grew up in Long Island, then worked and lives in the city (Manhattan.)  All these locations are within an hour or so to each other.  We all sort of talk like one another.  When the husband and I go out of state, everyone thinks we talk funny.  Sonja comes from upstate N.Y. .. Luann from Connecticut, Dorinda and Ramona, I don’t know where, Tinsley from Manhattan.    If I’m wrong, somebody correct me, please. Lol.

Share Post

9 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

AnnA .. I was waiting for you to join in.  ????

LOL  You did an excellent job of explaining it.   

I had to laugh when I read you explaining what happens when you go out of state.  The same thing happens to me.   It always happens when I order "cawfee"   which in some states takes forever to get.  One thing New Yorkers don't have is patience waiting to be served in a restaurant. 

Edited by AnnA.

Share Post

8 hours ago, jinjer said:

Russell died on BH and I don't recall if they discussed his death the next season much (such a bad story there). 

IIRC, the show re-edited the opening of the next season to include discussion of the suicide. It consisted of the women gathering to hug, do the double mwha mwha and sit looking solemn as the camera whizzed away.

Share Post

2 hours ago, Martinigirl said:

Who's the blonde?

That's what I want to know too!

Share Post

7 hours ago, jinjer said:

I can't imagine Bethenny feeling comfortable putting on a show for cameras.

You have watched the show, right?  (-;

Share Post

17 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Looks a little like Alex Mccord

Share Post

57 minutes ago, AnnA said:

Looks like Luann’s friend Ann Cutbill Lenane

https://goo.gl/images/TDCrMS

2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Haha, wait.  New York City is Manhattan.  Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island and Manhattan are the five boroughs.  We all have the same accents, even New Jersey. (Theresa).  I was born in Queens, worked in Manhattan (the city), and live on Long Island.  Bethenny was born in Queens, grew up in Long Island, then worked and lives in the city (Manhattan.)  All these locations are within an hour or so to each other.  We all sort of talk like one another.  When the husband and I go out of state, everyone thinks we talk funny.  Sonja comes from upstate N.Y. .. Luann from Connecticut, Dorinda and Ramona, I don’t know where, Tinsley from Manhattan.    If I’m wrong, somebody correct me, please. Lol.

Dorinda...Massachusetts? Ramona, upstate NY. Tinsley, Virginia. 

Share Post

50 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

Looks a little like Alex Mccord

9 minutes ago, chewycandy said:

Looks like Luann’s friend Ann Cutbill Lenane

https://goo.gl/images/TDCrMS

The photo has "filming with @msbarbarak" on the bottom.

Share Post

10 hours ago, Happy Camper said:

Sonja....Gstaad.

Well, thank you very much.  I just spit my coffee all over myself.  Is Gstaad anywhere Albany, LMAO ?

In just reading her bio, I can’t believe how fast she went up the ladder, then how fast she went down.  Altnough she has credentials, she seems to be floundering.  I like her, and hope her prince comes along soon.  These “flings” aren’t getting her anywhere.

Share Post

On 9/23/2018 at 1:19 PM, Gem 10 said:

Haha, wait.  New York City is Manhattan.  Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Staten Island and Manhattan are the five boroughs.  We all have the same accents, even New Jersey. (Theresa).  I was born in Queens, worked in Manhattan (the city), and live on Long Island.  Bethenny was born in Queens, grew up in Long Island, then worked and lives in the city (Manhattan.)  All these locations are within an hour or so to each other.  We all sort of talk like one another.  When the husband and I go out of state, everyone thinks we talk funny.  Sonja comes from upstate N.Y.  Luann from Connecticut, Dorinda and Ramona, I don’t know where, Tinsley from Manhattan.    If I’m wrong, somebody correct me, please. Lol.

I totally agree with the bolded.

When I went to college, someone told me she was from New York. I said, “But you don’t have an accent.” She gave me a look, then sneered, “I’m from New York. You know, the city? You only have an accent if you’re from the Bronx, or Queens, or Staten Island or whatever.” She grew up off Central Park West. 

Edited by hoodooznoodooz.

Share Post

2 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

When I went to college, someone told me she was from New York. I said, “But you don’t have an accent.” She gave me a look, then sneered, “I’m from New York. You know, the city? You only have an accent if you’re from the Bronx, or Queens, or Staten Island or whatever.” She grew up off Central Park West. 

Oh well, excuse her, lol.  Central Park West is for the very very rich and famous.  The only time I set foot there is to go to the Museum of Natural History or on the bus to Central Park, haha.

Share Post

5 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Oh well, excuse her, lol.  Central Park West is for the very very rich and famous.  The only time I set foot there is to go to the Museum of Natural History or on the bus to Central Park, haha.

Right? Me, too. College was an eye-opening experience. Meeting students who had campus buildings named after their dads? Sigh.  

Dinosaurs rock!!

Share Post

6 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Notice she didn't even mention Brooklyn.  [sigh]

Share Post

9 hours ago, AnnA said:

Notice she didn't even mention Brooklyn.  [sigh]

Ironically, Alex and Simon lived in Brooklyn when this show started. Ramona gave them caca for it. And now Brooklyn is very hip and happening!

Edited by hoodooznoodooz.

Share Post

On 9/23/2018 at 3:20 PM, Martinigirl said:

Who's the blonde?

Just wondering.  Since this new Barbara will be joining, I guess the Jill Zarin thing is out of the picture, I presume?

Share Post

6 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Just wondering.  Since this new Barbara will be joining, I guess the Jill Zarin thing is out of the picture, I presume?

I didn't think Andy/Bravo would bring Jill back.   She burned that bridge by taping Andy.   You don't cross Andy Cohen and remain a HW.   That's a lesson Carole learned this year.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Share Post

2 minutes ago, AnnA said:

I didn't think Andy/Bravo would bring Jill back.   She burned that bridge by taping Andy.   You don't cross Andy Cohen and remain a HW.   That's a lesson Carole learned this year.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Yes, but he did film Jill and Beth at Bobby’s funeral, so I thought maybe.

Share Post

29 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Yes, but he did film Jill and Beth at Bobby’s funeral, so I thought maybe.

Anything is possible but I think he did that more for Bethenny's image than for Jill.

Share Post

On 9/23/2018 at 5:26 PM, AnnA said:

I had to laugh when I read you explaining what happens when you go out of state.  The same thing happens to me.   It always happens when I order "cawfee"   which in some states takes forever to get.  One thing New Yorkers don't have is patience waiting to be served in a restaurant. 

I'm from southern Connecticut and I have a similar accent.  I live far from the region now and people always think I'm from New York.  Cawfee, dawg, etc.  I can't lose it.

Share Post

On 9/25/2018 at 8:47 AM, Gem 10 said:

Oh well, excuse her, lol.  Central Park West is for the very very rich and famous.

The caste system is alive and well.

Share Post