S02.E06: Trust a Try

Darcey and Jesse reach a breaking point; Angela makes an unpleasant discovery in Nigeria; Jon defends his criminal past to Rachel's dad; Ricky has some questions for Ximena; Paul waits for Karine at the altar; and Tarik tries to make things good with Hazel.

Share Post

The word “love” is being thrown around too much.  Also is that a real diamond that John gave Rachael’s?

Share Post

4 minutes ago, puppytoes said:

The word “love” is being thrown around too much.  Also is that a real diamond that John gave Rachael’s?

No way that is real...it’s a rather large diamond and would be super expensive! Unless it’s a family heirloom I think it might be cubic zirconia maybe?

Share Post

10 minutes ago, MoodyGirl said:

No way that is real...it’s a rather large diamond and would be super expensive! Unless it’s a family heirloom I think it might be cubic zirconia maybe?

I agree.  It looks like it was at least two carats and there is no way he could afford a ring that large.

Share Post

Ricky must have a lot of money - kids to support, himself to support and thousands of dollars to send to women he meets online. Er, prospective wives.

I would like to know these folks' definition of 'love'. These folks from other countries are mainly strangers. They may love the idea and the fantasy of them, but they are real people.

Didn't think Karine would show up for her wedding to Pole. Guess that silvery suit was his good suit. Her poor mother - knowing her daughter isn't marrying for love. And geez, the relationship is a bit doomed until both of them learn a common language.

Hazel, do you really think Tarik is your way out of poverty and a better life in the US? He can't be the best that has come around. There is still some funny business with your 'ex' and that needs to cleared up.

Maybe Jon has changed or wants to change. He was on his best behavior for Rachel and Lucy. What happens next? Will Rachel see how he turns when he gets angry? Will he become violent with her? I was worried on the clifftop that his anger might kick in. He wasn't thinking of marriage until Rachel arrived? Maybe it is just the Christmas time and everyone is in some sort of holiday spirit. Two weeks with someone does not give you a clear picture of your beloved.

Jesse and Darcey, if you do have a soul connection/twin flame connection, there are stages and no you don't reunite until both of you deal with your demons. Maybe you are entering the separation stage - runner/chaser dynamic. Or you thought a twin flame thing was a romantic way to sell your relationship. Twin flames/soul connections require change of *both* parties.  Split, go your ways, love each other without need or expectation. And Jesse, put your shoes away. And buy your own designer stuff. It is not working and both of you bring out the worst in each other.

Angela, your dream dude is exploring his options. And Green Card possibilities.  Having a kid with him? I don't think so. He will be very surprised to see how you really live in the US. Enjoy the rest of your trip to Nigeria and go home.

Share Post

Jesse was being a huge drama queen about calling the police and security, but I'd be pissed too if someone went and put their feet on my shoes. I have no doubt Darcey threw the shoes at him, probably not at his head, but I believe she threw them towards him, she was totally lying when she claimed she threw them on the floor. 

Share Post

4 minutes ago, puppytoes said:

I agree.  It looks like it was at least two carats and there is no way he could afford a ring that large.

Maybe its stolen. Or a ring he gave someone else that didn’t work out. 

Share Post

4 minutes ago, Lambie said:

I don’t even know what to say about Ricky and giving this other woman money and not letting her know that he wasn’t there for her but she’s totally on board as long as it gets her to America. His poor, poor daughter. Her father looks like a stupid, horny asshole. That chick is like the woman on Seinfeld: she looks totally different depending on the light. I can’t tell if she’s pretty or not! 

She's really pretty. And Ricky looks like Shrek. 

Share Post

I wish Angela had the presence of mind (stop laughing) to open herself up to trying on some Nigerian garb.  For her tragic fashion sense it would allow her to blend in more easily (stop laughing) and it would really suit her figure.   I'm not sure if anyone would look bad in some of those dresses or separates....truly stunning.  No one is asking her to go back to Georgia and wear it to the Smoke Shop.

Ricky solidifies "producer plant" role for me.  He has a perfectly nice Colombian gal with big boobs who is willing to do a clam exchange for the ubiquitous Life is America and he fulfills his role of  " I HAVE TO CONFESS.  I'M LIVING A LIE" storyline for the 2 weeks.   He doesn't owe anything to Boltons.   He sent her money, she met him and ghosted him.  Lesson learned.   It's not significant as a relationship to mention it to PlanB.   Made up storyline IMO.   That way he can go back single and start over again.  He really should move to a region with more ladies of his type.  He needs a Pao with her cureeerear.

Share Post

1 hour ago, Adeejay said:

Ricky seems to prefer Melissa more than Ximena; which I find interesting, because I think Ximena is more attractive.  I can't help but wonder if it's because Melissa is younger or if it's the thrill of the chase.

I agree that Ximena is pretty.  Melissa is the one with the boobs out right?

10 minutes ago, Owwwww ma leg said:

I am an Australian immigrant (now  us citizen)  who married an American and so I do not come from a third world country. 20 years later I’m happy just living an hour west of Tricky Ricky and his dicky. What I want to scream to some of these people is that America isn’t Hollywood, the streets aren’t paved in gold. I know it’s easy for me to say, because I have never seen such poverty around the world and I don’t understand the lifeline America offers but Michael your life in Grangelas trailer is going to be awful. She bought your ring from a pawn shop. It will be a struggle. Karine, hold on for real love. Paul is a control freak and look to Annie if you want a feel for your lifestyle. These aren’t pretty woman type scenarios. Most of them see you as a trophy not a partner. I love to snark and I relate so much, but sometimes it just ain’t worth it. Yeah I know only someone truely privileged could say that. Maybe if I was in their shoes grangela would be worth selling my soul for a better life

My family came over from Sicily and had no preconceived ideas other that hard work and education and you can be anything you want.  The family that was left in Sicily thought that money should have flowed freely and they still do.  They have better benefits over there.  We send baby gifts, wedding gifts but that's about it.

36 minutes ago, Lambie said:

I hate Jesse, I really do. He’s a petulant and vain child. But when he said that, I really do you think Darcy has a drinking problem. She always is the slurring her words and her voiceovers. 

Gotta say, gun to my head, I am team Jesse AT THE MOMENT.  Darcy just won't shut the hell up EVER.  I hate people that interrupt and talk over and can't let anything go.  Pretty much drunks.  Right now the ball is in her court and she still looks like an idiot.  Jesse swinging with her sister would crack me up.  Getting my ticket for the train to hell.

50 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

I was worried on the clifftop that his anger might kick in.

I just got done watching a slew of crime shows of real deaths from women falling down mountains.  There is a lot of them.

Share Post

Rachel and Jon - I like them and I hope the fighting stuff was in the past and part of production drama.  I hope they are able to work it out so he can come to the US.  I thought it was funny when he knelt down to propose and she knelt too.

I can see Hazel still being in contact with her ex.  Tarik said tonight that they'd only been chatting online for a few weeks.  She in no way claims to be "in love" with Tarik.  She wants to marry an American.  Since they'd only talked online a few weeks and hadn't even met yet, I can see why she wouldn't completely ditch the local guy (if she hasn't).  If she decides to marry Tarik, I don't think she's going to cheat on him, but she's keeping her options open for now.  In her case, I think a decent home with the basics taken care of is what she's looking for.  Maybe she will turn out to want a more expensive lifestyle, but a lot of people who come from these circumstances just want a decent life, not streets paved with gold.

I don't think Michael realizes how poor Angela is.  In Nigeria, poor people can't dream of saving up and buying a plane ticket to another country, so he wouldn't imagine her being that poor.  And she likes to make things sound better than they are, so I don't think she's going to be honest about that either.  I don't think Michael sees Angela as a long term relationship.  I think he figures she will get him into the US and take care of him until he makes his fortune in business and then he will ditch her for a younger woman to have his children.

Paul knows more Portuguese than the earlier episodes led us to believe.  He's not going to change after the wedding no matter what he promises.  People rarely change, he's in his 30's, and he's already got what he wants.

Darcey and Jesse have the exact same fight every time they are on TV.  It's not even entertaining to watch.  TLC needs to ditch them or give them their own show,so I can avoid them.

Ricky, just how many woman are you sending money to???  And if you give her the money, she can spend it how she wishes.  He's got his nose all out of joint that she wasn't honest with him, yet he keeps lying to her.

Did I miss anyone?  The new couple is finally appearing next week???

Share Post

With the exception of Jon and Rachel, ALL the couples rub me the wrong way. 

Hazel wants in America with Tarik, yet she cringes at his touch.

How do I get in on the Ricky hand outs? I could use a few extra bucks. 

Karine, little too late, but when in doubt, don’t. 

I could only wish instead of flinging a shoe at Mister Meester (ty previous poster for this) that Darcey had a bag of hammers at the ready. 

Share Post

Damn it. I missed the live posts. All I have to say is Paul’s suit looked like it was made of cellophane and Darcy’s cry face was so scary, I had to look away. It looked exactly like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man’s when they first fried him with the proton pack.

Share Post

Why was Rachel in a full coat, hat and scarf in the coffee shop chat with her dad? And Jon in short sleeves? Were they just juxtaposed in one shot from two different streams, one hot room and one cold? (Not a serious question haha) That was all I could focus on from that conversation!

Share Post

1 hour ago, Drogo said:

I have it on good authority that Jon mined that diamond himself while chiseling out of Shawshank with his rock hammer. 

And the band is forged from the metal fillings of his teeth that have been knocked out in bar fights.

Share Post

As awful as Pole's wedding suit was, at least I was able to put to rest my thought that his hips are super wide and that he's shaped like a pear. He is a little pear shaped, but the illusion of hips comes from the oversized baggy pants he usually wears. That was the only positive about that suit. 

After Jon's proposal, I'm going back to my original theory that Jon is Lucy's bio father. This is not a spoiler because I haven't read anything about them. However, when you let a man you've never met in person watch you give birth on Skype and then send him a piece of the umbilical cord, something is up. Also, Jon seems to love Lucy dearly. 

Jon mentioned that he hoped Rachel's family could work hard to get him entry to the United States. There might be an appeal process that an engaged couple can use. 

Ricky, once a man called me by the wrong name in an intimate situation. I called him on it immediately. He couldn't think of a lie, so he blurted out the truth. The relationship came to a sudden, ugly end. 

Angela, I've also been tested with food a few times in other countries. Nothing like being served a local delicacy and have an audience peeking to see if the foreign woman was really going to eat it. Sometimes this was on purpose, and other times not. I almost always ate it. This was many decades ago, so I think this doesn't happen much now, except on this show. Most people understand what "foreigners" won't like, and a lot of young people in a country won't eat some of the traditional foods either. 

Share Post

I noticed the censors missed bleeping out Darcey’s “F bomb” when she clearly said to Jesse, “You act like I’m a fuckin’ alcoholic.” 

I hope from next week’s previews that once Darcey drops Jesse’s sorry ass off at the airport, we never have to see either of them again, or least not until the Tell All. Bring in the Stripper and the Muslim to replace them!

Share Post

I'm watching late and haven't read anything yet, but I just can't believe Jesse throwing a hissy because Darcy wanted to warm her toes in his sneakers! He said it was absolute madness. It sure is! Madness that it upset him so much that he shoved her out the door, madness that he is accusing her of throwing shoes at his head and he wants police and producer protection from this mini person. If I believed she intended to hit his head with her shoes I'd feel differently, but he's nuts, misinterprets everything and is probably the biggest drah-ma queen I've ever seen.

Share Post

Jesse and Darcy don't seem like real people they seem like caricatures of other people on this show. Every tiny thing sets them off. No matter how small or stupid. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten upset because she breathes too loudly, and that she hasn't lost it because he scrapes his fork against the plate when he eats.  

They need to move on before one of them gets restraining order.

Edited by rideashire.

Share Post

Oh, my, Tarik and the balut! Probably the worst food scene for me, and there have been plenty of bad ones. He managed to embarrass Hazel, who is still centered on coming to America.

I noticed she still avoided his touch until he got upset about her ex, and suddenly she started making moves toward him. Until then, I honestly didn't think she had it in her.

Although there is reason to wonder if she will ever respond to him in a marital fashion, Dean can keep his rude questions to himself. He is absolutely revolting.

Edited by renatae.

Share Post

3 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

Jesse was being a huge drama queen about calling the police and security, but I'd be pissed too if someone went and put their feet on my shoes. I have no doubt Darcey threw the shoes at him, probably not at his head, but I believe she threw them towards him, she was totally lying when she claimed she threw them on the floor. 

I would agree about being upset if someone was messing with my shoes, except if that someone was supposed to be my beloved. That's a strange reaction for a relationship that's supposed to be intimate. I could see if he has a "thing" about his clothing, but a simple "please don't mess with my shoes" would have sufficed. He didn't need to go ballistic and say it was "madness." 

Edited by renatae.

Share Post

I can't stand seeing Darcy and Jesse on my screen and I hope this is the last we hear about them, but sadly TLC will find a way to throw them back together for another round of shows.

Share Post

I think we should all go on a field trip.  I think there's a Taal Volcano in the Philippines we could visit...

Share Post

I'm awarding some points to Jon for his proposal.  I appreciated how he not only chose a stunning spot associated with a legendary romance; he actually employed a metaphor about their trek there and overcoming difficulties in their quest for being together.  

I can't for the life of me figure out why Pole (a name we might need to give to the new woman,  amirite?) "loves" Kreeeny. 

Share Post

1 minute ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I can't for the life of me figure out why Pole (a name we might need to give to the new woman,  amirite?) "loves" Kreeeny. 

Because she knows the ways of a woman.

Share Post

4 hours ago, DeeReynolds said:

Why was Rachel in a full coat, hat and scarf in the coffee shop chat with her dad? And Jon in short sleeves? Were they just juxtaposed in one shot from two different streams, one hot room and one cold? (Not a serious question haha) That was all I could focus on from that conversation!

Being from NM I’d say she’s used to a much warmer climate than England. That was some real gorgeous scenery we were treated to this episode. And God bless little Lucy, such an adorable and good little baby. 

Share Post

4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

After Jon's proposal, I'm going back to my original theory that Jon is Lucy's bio father. This is not a spoiler because I haven't read anything about them. However, when you let a man you've never met in person watch you give birth on Skype and then send him a piece of the umbilical cord, something is up. Also, Jon seems to love Lucy dearly. 

I think Lucy looks like him. 

Share Post

What was the big deal with Angela's dinner? It was a cow leg, aka beef. Anyone ever hear of osso buco? You would think she was served monkey from her reaction.

Share Post

Ricky is a trick. These women are getting this fool to finance plastic surgery for them before he even meets them. Why did I bother going to college? 

Tarik and Dean are both really stupid. The brothers Dim. I gave Dean the benefit of the doubt in assuming he’d had too much to drink the night before and he would change his approach. But he was even worse. Asking about sex instead of asking about the most important person in this scam, his niece. His histrionics just gave Hozel even more reason to look like the victim. And I know that tank top was probably the biggest size Tarik could find, but it’s a no-go.

Edited by charmed1.

Share Post

Rachel is worried about the wrong thing. She doesn't seem like she has much financial means because she previously said she didn't have extra money to change her return flight or to spend on hotels. Her income requirements for the K1 would be higher because she has two minor children. I'm not sure of the requirements for a spousal visa. It just doesn't seem like a country that blocks someone from getting a short stay/tourist visa would be open to allowing them to come over for a more permanent stay. Who is she going to find to cosponsor Jon? Her mother isn't a fan of whatever she's doing, and if her parents are still married, they likely make financial decisions together. I guess the income requirements and appeal process will be trying to block their love, too. Let's not forget so unfair.

Angela is just so classless and tacky. Oh my word. I'm all about talking about what happens when I get older, but in the almost 20 years I've known my husband, I've never felt compelled to ask if he would wipe my bum over dinner or even in private. Michael is seeing the light. Quick. Someone flash a camera and get him out of the sunken place like in Get Out. And if children are truly important to him, they don't even need to continue. She's 52, menopausal, probably not in tip top shape, and chain smokes. Artificial insemination/IUI is OUT. No ethical doctor would consent to her undergoing the IVF process. She wouldn't stop smoking long enough. Granted, in Australia, a lady in her 60s-70s successfully used a donor egg and safely delivered a child with the help of IVF. It was and still is highly controversial. This happened within the past couple of years. Most clinics will not accept egg donors, potential clients, or even surrogates over a certain age anyway. At any rate, if she had to split her hotel stay over two credit cards and had to put a $300 ring on layaway, I'm going to hazard a guess that she doesn't have $10-20k to use towards an IVF cycle that may not take the first time. In the live chat, I likened her to Brigitte Nielsen who has a 30-something year old husband and a newborn at 54. The difference is one has the financial means and is probably in better shape. Also, Brigitte froze her own eggs early on and underwent IVF for 10 years. Angela ain't no Brigitte.

Edited by AussieBabe.

Share Post

6 hours ago, TheRedQueen said:

Rachel- “I don’t want to put my child in an unsafe situation.” .....Drags baby across the ocean to meet a guy she met on an online singing app, who also can’t get a visa for due to violent tendencies. So safe girl, so safe! 

And stands on top of a steep cliff with him as he carries baby on his body.

Share Post

8 hours ago, puppytoes said:

I was watching with my mom and friends and none of us thought the diamond was real. It’s possible he has a lot of disposable income since he lives with his mom and they seem to do Air B&B on the side, but still. 

Share Post

8 hours ago, Owwwww ma leg said:

What I want to scream to some of these people is that America isn’t Hollywood, the streets aren’t paved in gold. I know it’s easy for me to say, because I have never seen such poverty around the world and I don’t understand the lifeline America offers but Michael your life in Grangelas trailer is going to be awful. She bought your ring from a pawn shop.

I think if I had to compare Grangela's financial situation to Mike's, I would have to guess they are both within the same class range in their respective countries.  If I was a betting gal, I would also guess that Mike maybe a bit more financially stable than Grangela.  For whatever reason, Mike thinks that Grangela is either middle class or upper middle class in the States.  Really - he should have done his homework before she came over. Would have saved him some time and not have to close his eyes and think of Trump when he mounts Big Ang.

7 hours ago, EllaDisco said:

Ricky, just how many woman are you sending money to???  

And how do I get on that list??? 

7 hours ago, Lady Iris said:

With the exception of Jon and Rachel, ALL the couples rub me the wrong way. 

I think they  are the only realistic couple with a little TLC manufactured drama concentrating on his past.  A few posters commented on how Rachel will be able to sponsor him. She can always find a co-sponsor.  Danielle did it.   Bhatman did it. Nicole tried to do it.

Darcy and Jesse - I really don't care.

Tarik and Hazel - meh don't care.

Share Post

31 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Did anyone else catch Angela pronounce artificial insemination as "artificial sermination" when she and Michael were discussing children at the beginning of the episode?  Yeah.  But then she is just a big, giant faker so I don't really give two shits about her and her story line. 

Yes! I was laughing so hard. I need an episode of all the unaired footage of Grangela. I think what we're seeing is the cleaned up footage, and it's still rough.

Share Post

6 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

As awful as Pole's wedding suit was, at least I was able to put to rest my thought that his hips are super wide and that he's shaped like a pear. He is a little pear shaped, but the illusion of hips comes from the oversized baggy pants he usually wears. That was the only positive about that suit. 

He’s looking very pear shaped here 

The dead eyed stare really makes the outfit.

Share Post

6 hours ago, renatae said:

I noticed she still avoided his touch until he got upset about her ex, and suddenly she started making moves toward him. Until then, I honestly didn't think she had it in her.

She saw that meal ticket withdrawing and went right in with the affection. 

I just remembered Angela’s question about wiping her butt. If you’ve ever worked for a nursing home, you’ve seen the countless parents and grandparents left languishing in beds with sores and other ailments with no relief. Angela is a CNA so I’m sure she’s seen spouses left by their partners in a home. I think she fears that happening to her.

Share Post

I've seen more smiles at funerals than at Paul and Karine's wedding.

Share Post