All buttons missing from forum pages

This used to be random, but now is happening more often than not.  My forum page display is missing all operating buttons:  Notifications, Messages. Quote, Quote Multiple, Edit, Like, Bold, Italics, Underscore, etc.  I have to guess where they are and click in that area - when I do, the operation will take place (assuming I'm in the right spot).  Is this a glitch, or is it something I can correct somehow?   TIA

Share Post

Could you provide a screenshot of this please? Also, what device, OS & browser are you using?

Share Post

2018-09-03.thumb.png.204e90aed6a7617afb31ad8b5e72cfae.png

5b8d7587427f4_2018-09-03(2).thumb.png.94d159777828b84ff53b584775696f93.png5b8d75906429f_2018-09-03(1).thumb.png.d53860d562660804406efa5bead100b6.png

Thanks for your quick response!

Screenshots, as requested.  As you can see, items such as "Followed Content", "Notifications", "Messages" are missing from shot #1.

In second shot, the Bold, Italic, Underscore, etc. are missing on the Reply block, as well as the directional arrows in red dot.  Also missing Like heart on your response.

Shot #3 - whatever is in box bottom center as well as page numbers.  Also all Quote, etc, buttons on bottom of your response.

I'm on a Dell laptop, using Windows 10 and Internet Explorer.  Any help appreciated.  :-)

2018-09-03 (1).png

2018-09-03 (2).png

Edited by Tunia.

Share Post

Thanks. Have you tried clearing your cache? Then log out and in again. If that doesn't resolve it please let me know.

Share Post

Thank you - that seems to have done the trick.  So basic a solution, and yet I didn't think of it.  "Clear your cache" is so often the solution, isn't it?  I think I need to write a post-it note with that being (almost) always the answer!

Your help and quick response is greatly appreciated.   :-)

Share Post

This usually because you have something that is blocking 3rd party loads (the icons are loaded from a 3rd party service) or JS. Usually a blocker of some sort. Then it remembers this state in cache. 

This wont be the case in the new refresh of the forums coming soon though. 

Share Post

Thank you, David.   I appreciate your response.

SilverStormm's suggestion of clearing the cache (duh!) seems to work, so I'm happy with that solution. 

Share Post

I started having this problem yesterday. I've cleared my cache and history multiple times, restarted my laptop, etc.  I use Safari 12.0 with OS 10.13.6 (High Sierra). Here's a screen grab of my home page:

Screen Shot 2018-10-11 at 11.02.07 AM.png

Share Post

The buttons are all in the "hamburger", aka the three horizontal lines.

Share Post