S03.E19: Reunion Part 1

All I know is that I can't wait until the second part where Chris (teddy bear Chris, that is) tells Charrisse that Monique doesn't need her connections. Like, it's such a dumb thought to say that Monique, who is also a wife of an athlete who still lives in the area, would need Charrisse's friends or connections.

Share Post

I think Karen was dumb for coming to the reunion, which was sure to be a high-stress environment, so soon after losing her last surviving parent. However, my eyes welled up when she was in her dressing room sobbing hysterically. As much as I can’t stand her lying ass (she even went so far as to use the loss of her mother and her father’s declining health as excuses for her deceit when they pressed her about the lying at the reunion!), I was really sad for her.

I think that was one of the few moments (and maybe the only moment) where Karen has been 100% authentic in this show. That ugly-cry, stuttering-because-I-can’t-breathe-from-crying-so-hard shit is the real deal.

Share Post

I'm really over everyone picking apart these black women's English. We get it - they don't "talk real good." They mispronounce words and use "and I" incorrectly. They are on a reality show and in reality a lot of people speak this way. I can't imagine walking around interrupting conversations to correct someone's English. 

Ranking in order of you look lovely to chiiiillllleeee

Karen (too much boob) Candiace (not sure why she wore those 1st Thanksgiving Air 3's on her  feet), Robin (from the neck up), Monique, Ashley (look as if she just climbed out of bed) and CHIIIIIILLLEEEE great value I Dream of Gizelle - she looked the hottest of messes

Share Post

17 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

All I know is that I can't wait until the second part where Chris (teddy bear Chris, that is) tells Charrisse that Monique doesn't need her connections. Like, it's such a dumb thought to say that Monique, who is also a wife of an athlete who still lives in the area, would need Charrisse's friends or connections.

It is just because Monique is on her way up in the Athlete's wives club community and Charisse is on her way down. Any status Charisse had was tied to her husband's rank and position and guess what...some of those gals are gonna stop calling now that Eddie is out of the picture. Charisse should just be happy to find out who her real friends are and not fuck up the relationship with Monique, who genuinely seemed to look at her as a sister. Monique, please rename your website. The name is offensive and will not do your brand any favors.

4 minutes ago, Boofish said:

I'm really over everyone picking apart these black women's English. We get it - they don't "talk real good." They mispronounce words and use "and I" incorrectly. They are on a reality show and in reality a lot of people speak this way. I can't imagine walking around interrupting conversations to correct someone's English. 

Karen (too much boob) Candiace (not sure why she wore those 1st Thanksgiving Air 3's on her  feet), Robin (from the neck up), Monique, Ashley (look as if she just climbed out of bed) and CHIIIIIILLLEEEE great value I Dream of Gizelle - she looked the hottest of messes

I am beginning to think Gizelle's hairdresser and stylists secretly hate her. It is hard to fuck up a good looking woman and she always looks a sad hot mess.

Share Post

12 minutes ago, link417 said:

For the record, I pick apart these people’s English on the boards precisely because I can’t do it in real life, LOL. Sometimes it’s nice to get the pent-up frustration out!

I am a black woman and I do this with everyone on TV. I don’t watch RHOC anymore but if I did, I’d be all over Tamra who is notorious for mispronouncing words and using “I” incorrectly every chance she gets.

All this is not to say that your feelings are invalid or incorrect, @Boofish — just explaining things from my perspective.

LOL - I understand your reasoning but honestly reading some of the post their feelings don't seem like they come from a place of snark and sarcasm. 

It's just reeks to see comments like "speak English" "she sound ghetto" etc .. that has nothing to do with snark and ..... You know what; wrong board moving on

Share Post

31 minutes ago, Boofish said:

Gizelles dress didn't even fit in the boob area, it was way too small. They are the worse reunion looks, i think its because they try so hard. 

And those cheap bead earring Giz was wearing , guuuurl

Share Post

1 minute ago, janie2002 said:

Gizelles dress didn't even fit in the boob area, it was way too small. They are the worse reunion looks, i think its because they try so hard. 

Agreed. By far the worse reunion looks of all time. 

Share Post

1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

Nothing, not even a death in the family, will keep Karen and her self-aggrandizing ways away from a camera. She really worked the walk-off scene; I think she wanted to deflect the hard questions that were being asked. That's OK, Andy and the other women are patient.

I have to agree and I know it sounds cold. Sorry but Karen was insufferable when both her parents were still alive and well. 

Share Post

13 hours ago, Mozelle said:
2 hours ago, Marley said:

All of their dresses were pretty bad. The only one that was kind of ok was Ashley but even hers was not great.

I don’t know if it’s true but it seems like Andy doesn’t like Monique.

Im not sure about Robyn’s haircut. You have to have a certain shaped head and frame to really rock a short haircut. I know I never could. Robyn’s horrible outfit and lipstick distracted me so much I couldn’t tell if the hair was working for her. I’m thinking no tho with her shoulders. She is also so up Giselle’s ass.

Candiace you aren’t even close to being famous. Please shut up. I hope she isn’t on next year she’s so annoying.

Ashley needs to get this memo. She keeps thinking that because she spills all her tea without a care in the world that people owe her answers to whatever questions she has. I'm now even more curious about what supposed receipts Ray and Karen have on Michael's business because I want them to feel that same heat they've been putting on Karen and BBG.

Knowing that Karen still attended the taping of the reunion not even a week after her father's passing just makes me mad all over again at LuAnn checking into rehab just to miss the taping of the RHONY reunion.

If they get a portion of their salary because of the reunion I can see her going. She def needs the cash.

Also Agree about Andy going in on Monique, I mean it was a freaking gif, how many gifs does her constantly show on WWHL of the housewives looking stupid. Hello Romona's cat walk?! Its making fun of someone, but not attacking them. I think Robin asking Monique if she has a drinking problem is a ot worse then a gif of me fanning myself.I

Share Post

The top of Karen's dress was ridiculous.  That right nip was dying to come out and play.  She's too old for that shit.  

Share Post

19 minutes ago, janie2002 said:

Her earrings where the only part of her outfit I actually liked!  

Share Post

I keep trying to ignore Gizelle's outfit but y'all insist on talking about it! I just didn't get it. If there's one thing to learn about any dress or top that has the empire waist(band) is that the breasts need to fit in exactly and perfectly in the top for there to even be a consideration that it looks good. That empire band was cutting Gizelle across the bust in the worst ways possible, and I couldn't understand it. But, maybe this is Gizelle's philosophy:

dollygif1.gif

Share Post

The fashion was so horrible that I blanked out on it.

Karen was dressed like a discount 1980s Barbie. Candiace removed about half of her normal hair volume, but went longer. Gizelle's hair needs to go lustrous brown with golden highlights. Did y'all notice the NARS makeup in the dressing area? I think they put NARS foundation on Gizelle.

Andy went hard for Monique and Candiace. They were both shaken.

Share Post

16 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I love Robyn's hair.

I normally love pixies on women but for some reason don't like it on Robyn.

I also can't figure out why Robyn, who has incredible features, doesn't look pretty to me.  Maybe it's the awful makeup on her?  I think she could look absolutely gorgeous if done up right, or maybe given a make-under.

Edited by sasha206.

Share Post

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

I have to agree and I know it sounds cold. Sorry but Karen was insufferable when both her parents were still alive and well. 

I agree. I feel bad that Karen lost both of her parents, but I do not mind the other women going in on her for all the lying she does. If Karen just owned up to everything and had some humility I would root for her more.

I am pretty indifferent to Monique, but I love that she stands up to Gizelle. I liked that Monique kept reiterating that she was speaking to Robyn about the meme, when Gizelle kept trying to chime in. 

I do not remember, but did anyone actually call Monique an alcoholic? I thought Ashley said that she drank too much that day, but did not label her an alcoholic.

I still like Ashley and her messiness. I do think she is open about her life. I find her messiness fairly entertaining.

Ugh Candiace. Seriously no one is stopping you in airports. 

I cannot stand Robyn and Gizelle.

Share Post

42 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I also can't figure out why Robyn, who has incredible features, doesn't look pretty to me.  Maybe it's the awful makeup on her?  I think she could look absolutely gorgeous if done up right, or maybe given a make-under.

With Robyn, less is definitely more.  She is absolutely stunning with natural to no make-up on.  

20 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I do not remember, but did anyone actually call Monique an alcoholic? I thought Ashley said that she drank too much that day, but did not label her an alcoholic.

I don't think that anyone did.  But they certainly said enough to imply it and I'm sure it was more than enough for viewers/social media to run with.  

1 hour ago, pasdetrois said:

Andy went hard for Monique and Candiace.

I noticed this as well.  The past couple RH reunions, Andy has really been pressing people for responses and calling them on a lot of their bullshit, which he never really did much of in the past. 

Share Post

5 hours ago, IgnoranceisBLISS said:

Unpopular opinion but I did NOT like Robyn's hair. I think it made her square jaw look more masculine and this is coming from someone that thinks she is beautiful.

I love the cut, hate the color! It washes her out and makes her look much older than she is.

My heart breaks for Karen. I can’t imagine dealing with that level of pain. Karen was right...they knew she was struggling with her home life and still kept pushing and pushing. Ashley is something else. Just because she didn’t care about outing the weird ass dynamics of her marriage and codependent relationship with her mom doesn’t mean everyone needs to be that open. I love reality shows, but I recognize that there are very real people on these shows with real families and ups/downs. I get no joy out of seeing anyone fall. Ashley seems to and I wonder if she’s just in survival mode because she knows she’s one divorce away from being broke.

Share Post

2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I normally love pixies on women but for some reason don't like it on Robyn.

Robyn won't ever hit that plateau of gorgeous due to her hideous, opinionated, and silly persona! She sounds like a blithering idiot every time she gets defensive when someone isn't thrilled about one of her stupid questions! "It was just a question!" No b!tch, that question had meaning behind it; trying to put people on tilt so she can feel better about herself maybe! She doesn't pull that $#!t with Gizelle because she's afraid of her; admitted as much in the past when she was ripping Cherrisse a new one! Gizelle's another woman that reminds me more of an evil stepmother; overdoing the make-up, hair, and clothes! She doesn't look comfortable due to her trying to perform for the show! Gorgeous women, with ugly insides! ;-(

Edited by Fiero425.

Share Post

1 hour ago, sasha206 said:

I also can't figure out why Robyn, who has incredible features, doesn't look pretty to me.  Maybe it's the awful makeup on her?

I couldn't get past the shiny iridescent purple lips. Gawd awful.

Share Post

2 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

I couldn't get past the shiny iridescent purple lips. Gawd awful.

I'm always surprised when trends take hold! I can go back to the 80's when there was a movement to get away from huge hairdos, ala Farrah Fawcett and Lady Di! When I saw sketches of buzz cuts with a few tendrils, I told myself "that can't happen!" Some women need that hair for obvious reasons! As shocking as it was, even the more unattractive started doing it; making them look more like truckers! Ten+ years ago they pushed the metallics and other odd colors in lipsticks and nail polishes! I'm old where the most extreme was red; now black, blue, and purple are all the rage! Do guys actually kiss women with that $#!t on their mouths? My mom used very soft colors of coral and peach! It's a little jarring the stuff being promoted these days! ;-)

Share Post

48 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

I love the cut, hate the color! It washes her out and makes her look much older than she is.

My heart breaks for Karen. I can’t imagine dealing with that level of pain. Karen was right...they knew she was struggling with her home life and still kept pushing and pushing. Ashley is something else. Just because she didn’t care about outing the weird ass dynamics of her marriage and codependent relationship with her mom doesn’t mean everyone needs to be that open. I love reality shows, but I recognize that there are very real people on these shows with real families and ups/downs. I get no joy out of seeing anyone fall. Ashley seems to and I wonder if she’s just in survival mode because she knows she’s one divorce away from being broke.

She might look even stunning with a darker hair and that cut, her eye would really pop.

Share Post

1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

With Robyn, less is definitely more.  She is absolutely stunning with natural to no make-up on.  

I don't think that anyone did.  But they certainly said enough to imply it and I'm sure it was more than enough for viewers/social media to run with.  

As I recall this, they were more pointed about how she had simply had too much to drink on the day of her accident  But she was so defensive about that accident! She kept insisting she was just "tired."   The rest was implication. 

Edited by GussieK.

Share Post

Did Karen get work done on her lips?  They look awfully plump and she's doing Goldie Hawn in The First Wives Club, but the lips aren't as puffy.

Share Post

14 minutes ago, GussieK said:

As I recall this, they were more pointed about how she had simply had too much to drink on the day of her accident  But she was so defensive about that accident!  The rest was implication. 

If you're talking about Monique, she's a fighter and won't let anything much slide! I think most of these women get defensive over little stuff and usually let's even that grow into high drama for the show's sake I would guess! IMO, making a season of exposing Karen isn't going to keep themselves on the schedule for long! Adding another petulant and spoiled child like Ashley isn't helping either! I read the marriage has gone thru for Candiace! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425.

Share Post

4 minutes ago, Vixenstud said:

Did Karen get work done on her lips?  They look awfully plump and she's doing Goldie Hawn in The First Wives Club, but the lips aren't as puffy.

Overall Karen's doing too much for an old lady! It isn't helping with all the fake hair, over-made face, and gaudy clothing! She's in financial straights, but it isn't encouraging her to pull back in the least! I hope that Porsche she was sporting earlier in the season was a rental and just driven in  that episode for show! ;-)

Share Post

6 hours ago, pasdetrois said:

Nothing, not even a death in the family, will keep Karen and her self-aggrandizing ways away from a camera. She really worked the walk-off scene; I think she wanted to deflect the hard questions that were being asked. That's OK, Andy and the other women are patient.

Totally agree with you. I don’t mean to minimize her pain regarding her loss, however, I felt she was acting pretty histrionic.  I will return to my cold corner.

Share Post

3 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

I'm always surprised when trends take hold! I can go back to the 80's when there was a movement to get away from huge hairdos, ala Farrah Fawcett and Lady Di! When I saw sketches of buzz cuts with a few tendrils, I told myself "that can't happen!" Some women need that hair for obvious reasons! As shocking as it was, even the more unattractive started doing it; making them look more like truckers! Ten+ years ago they pushed the metallics and other odd colors in lipsticks and nail polishes! I'm old where the most extreme was red; now black, blue, and purple are all the rage! Do guys actually kiss women with that $#!t on their mouths? My mom used very soft colors of coral and peach! It's a little jarring the stuff being promoted these days! ;-)

I rock the hell out of satin plum and matte black lipsticks. It fuels my inner goth (and those colors look amazing on dark brown skin -- double win!). ;)

Share Post

2 hours ago, GussieK said:

As I recall this, they were more pointed about how she had simply had too much to drink on the day of her accident  But she was so defensive about that accident! She kept insisting she was just "tired."   The rest was implication. 

Another thing I can’t wait for in part deux: Ashley saying that after that infamous lunch where she, too, had drink after drink after drink, she sat in the parking garage for half an hour before driving.

One, I don’t buy that tale.

Two, even if I were to buy that, half an hour won’t erase the effects of multiple alcoholic cocktails. So in the end, her ass still drove.

Edited by Mozelle.

Share Post

2 minutes ago, Mozelle said:

Another thing I can’t wait for in part deux: Ashley saying that after that infamous lunch where she, too, had drink after drink after drink, she sat in the parking garage for half an hour before driving.

Two, even if I were to buy that, half an hour won’t erase the effects of multiple alcoholic cocktails. So in the end, her ass still drove.

I have to agree with you here, Mozelle.  Maybe Ashley was just lucky she didn't have an accident that day.  Drinking and driving is one of those things I have no tolerance for, TBH. 

Share Post

4 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

That's what I'm thinking too.  I think it was last season, Charisse was trying to hook her up with someone on their vacation and she had her hair in a bun, very minimal makeup and I thought she was stunning then.  And she's got a great body too.

I feel the same way about Gizelle.  I wish someone would give her a make-under, style her better, and give her better hair.  She like Robin has stunning feature but it gets lost in the tacky.

Share Post

42 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

That's what I'm thinking too.  I think it was last season, Charisse was trying to hook her up with someone on their vacation and she had her hair in a bun, very minimal makeup and I thought she was stunning then.  And she's got a great body too.

I feel the same way about Gizelle.  I wish someone would give her a make-under, style her better, and give her better hair.  She like Robin has stunning feature but it gets lost in the tacky.

I totally agree. Gizelle's style gets her in trouble. As they say on Project Runway, I question her taste level. Leather shorts and knee-high gladiator sandals, miles of hair, capes ... Even when she went to paint Robyn's room, she had on denim shorts and a HUGE apron necklace and stilettos. What is all of that for to paint? There was an episode early in the season (maybe the first episode) where she was with her daughters putting makeup on them and FaceTiming Sherman and she had on a simple blue dress, neutral daytime makeup, and a ponytail. She looked gorgeous. Shit - they had a pajama party in Bermuda and she looked gorgeous in her PJs. She's a beautiful woman who hasn't learned that less is more. Her reunion look is the worst of the group - that's not a good color for her, the orange lipstick isn't good for her, the stockings look like support hose, the phony pony is too long ... If she came out in an LBD? She would slay.

Robyn's style overall strikes me as very "jeans and t-shirts" (no shade, as I am wearing exactly that right now). She has a kind of athletic vibe about her (and she clearly works out). So when she dresses up, it doesn't always go right. I remember in Bermuda, she wore a blue jumpsuit-thing (both she and Gizelle look good in dark blue) and she looked amazing. But it was a very simple outfit, not fussy at all. I think simple is more her style.

47 minutes ago, GussieK said:

I have to agree with you here, Mozelle.  Maybe Ashley was just lucky she didn't have an accident that day.  Drinking and driving is one of those things I have no tolerance for, TBH. 

Especially when they have enough money to throw at the problem. It should be nothing for them financially to call a Lyft and leave the car, and go back and deal with it hours later or the next day.

Share Post

12 hours ago, Marley said:

I don’t know if it’s true but it seems like Andy doesn’t like Monique.

I thought I was the only one who noticed that.   Maybe Andy has a problem with people who drink and get behind the wheel of a car.

Share Post

6 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

I think she did get work done on that upper lip. I kept wondering if she saw it out of her peripheral vision when she glanced down! Duck lip on the upper lip only, duck bill!

Share Post

Gizelle's makeup was horrible --and that's not a good reflection for her foundation/make up line business!   She had too much highlighter on and it showed her pores when she seems to actually have good skin!  The hair was pulled back too tightly and the lights above just made her look ghostly with orange lipstick.  The dress color should have been beautiful with her natural skin color but instead her face was too light looking/washed out compared to the rest of her skin.  Her legs looked like sausages in those fishnet and rhinestone WTH? stockings and she's not even chubby.  Her earrings looked cheap, too.  Altogether just too, too much of everything on a beautiful woman. 

Robin's hair looked horrible she needs softening not harsh looks.  I agree with other posters both she and Gizelle look beautiful without even wearing makeup so how can their makeup artists get it so wrong?  That fuchsia/violet lipstick was nasty, too.   She's gorgeous, but this style is not flattering imho.

Ashley's dress fit and looked the best but as others mentioned why the pageant style tacky dresses?  Ashley seems to have great taste--I wonder if it is true that Bravo only gives a few options and that was the best?  Yet I seem to remember Kyle on RHOC has kept all of her dresses she has worn for reunions so they must have been her own?  

Candiace needed much lighter strappy type heels instead of that ugly black leather with a buckle with that gorgeous dress.  The yellow color looked fantastic on her though. 

Monique looked the best, if a little boring with the choice.  Her makeup was flattering and her skin looked beautiful. 

Karen's dress was a horror show with the attached train on a woman of a "certain age".  The mermaid dress itself wasn't horrible but not flattering around her cleavage and back  

Share Post

15 hours ago, sasha206 said:

It's all I could see, the awful makeup. I said out loud (to my dog & cats): that's what happens when you wear too much of the wrong makeup, it makes you look older. And I think both G & Robin are so naturally pretty.

Share Post

23 hours ago, Juliegirlj said:

I have much sympathy for Karen. However, if she wasn’t emotionally ready to film then she should have skipped the reunion.

Especially since the preview tricked us into thinking someone really insulted her!

Share Post

On 13/08/2018 at 4:30 PM, link417 said:

Monique: “There are no lazy moms.”

Also Monique: “Only lazy moms will be offended by the name.”

😑

And “If you are offended it’s on you”. Well, yes I’m happy to say it’s on me. I’m offended.... and I dislike how we all seem to be so easily offended these days, yet this position still bothers me! The whole premise of her site bothers me. It’s too judgemental of mothers who don’t meet her brief. Motherhood is tough enough without the judgement of others, let alone other women and other mothers.

Share Post

18 hours ago, GussieK said:

I don't like Monique but the last thing I'd want pointed out on TV after an accident is how much I had to drink.

Share Post

16 hours ago, Mozelle said:

That is a true sign of someone with a drinking problem. I know because I once gave myself the same excuse after a night of drinking that I wouldn't be driving for a half hour.

13 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I thought I was the only one who noticed that.   Maybe Andy has a problem with people who drink and get behind the wheel of a car.

as everyone should!

Edited by noveltylibrary.

Share Post

16 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I totally agree. Gizelle's style gets her in trouble. As they say on Project Runway, I question her taste level. Leather shorts and knee-high gladiator sandals, miles of hair, capes ... Even when she went to paint Robyn's room, she had on denim shorts and a HUGE apron necklace and stilettos. What is all of that for to paint? There was an episode early in the season (maybe the first episode) where she was with her daughters putting makeup on them and FaceTiming Sherman and she had on a simple blue dress, neutral daytime makeup, and a ponytail. She looked gorgeous. Shit - they had a pajama party in Bermuda and she looked gorgeous in her PJs. She's a beautiful woman who hasn't learned that less is more. Her reunion look is the worst of the group - that's not a good color for her, the orange lipstick isn't good for her, the stockings look like support hose, the phony pony is too long ... If she came out in an LBD? She would slay.

not sure what LBD is but I kind of live for her looks..they aren't boring at least lol

Share Post

6 minutes ago, noveltylibrary said:

not sure what LBD is but I kind of live for her looks..they aren't boring at least lol

LBD = Little Black Dress

Share Post

1 hour ago, noveltylibrary said:

Especially since the preview tricked us into thinking someone really insulted her!

Insult, berate, undermine; all the same to me! All I want to know is if these b!tches knew her story? They still wanted to make their season around trying to embarrass and humiliate her with all her troubles and losses! I'm no fan of this woman, she's as pathetic as any of them! If she was emotionally spent, maybe she shouldn't do a reality TV show! All of them look bad IMO! ;-)

Share Post

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:53 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

How does Karen cry with no tears? When she’s crying about her father you can tell it’s real but when she’s trying to deflect attention she does this face covers her eyes but no tears. What the what 

There were some tears. Her face was wet in the dressing room.

23 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I hated Robyn hair,  that style is so dated.  It also made her look older in my opinion..

Share Post

1 hour ago, byrd said:

There were some tears. Her face was wet in the dressing room.

I hated Robyn hair,  that style is so dated.  It also made her look older in my opinion..

I really wanted to like Robyn’s hair. I like it in theory, and maybe a more Rosemary’s Baby look and less Susan Powter would work? With a darker color. Then again, I think she could rock a sleek asymmetrical bob, too. She’s a beautiful woman, and I appreciate her taking the chance, but it’s not working. Maybe if it grows out a bit...

Gizelle is one of the most beautiful women on all of Bravo - but I ageee about her makeup. Wiping her face clean would be better! She’s a natural beauty. The whole cast is good looking, even La Dame and her horrible wigs. 

Unpopular opinion - I like the big bird dress! 

Crocodile Donedon’t is the best thing, ever, lol.  

Share Post

3 hours ago, Stiggs said:

Crocodile Donedon’t is the best thing, ever, lol.  

I’m partial to Didgeridon’t, myself. 😆 All the kadooz to whoever came up with that one!

Share Post

Did Candiace really run down 5 or 6 airports where she's recognized???  Girl, stop.  Just stop.  Realize when we're laughing at you, not with you.

Sure, Robyn.  Juan having a game was the only reason he wasn't there.  

A big yawn overall.  

Share Post

My theory on CandyAss being recognized is that it was probably when she was doing promotion/appearances for the pageant, and was in tiara & sash, complete with chaperones. Many people would pay attention, maybe smile & wave or take a picture, simply because it's not something you see everyday. So I think it is more being noticed than being recognized. 

I feel bad for Karen & sorry that the reunion couldn't have been pushed back a week or so - she buried her dad just 5 days prior to filming. That's a lot to ask of anyone, especially someone who lost her mother only 7 months before that. But Evil Twin Toothbrush thinks she would not have run off of the set had the questions & accusations about the IRS debt, her living arrangements, etc not been addressed. 

Can't wait to see what dirt Karen & Dr. BBG have dug up in Crocodile Donedon't. Unfortunately I have a feeling it will be a lot of innuendo & "you know exactly what we're talking about". Lame.  

They all looked horrible, and Karen looked like she was made of wax.

14 hours ago, CrinkleCutCat said:

And “If you are offended it’s on you”. Well, yes I’m happy to say it’s on me. I’m offended.... and I dislike how we all seem to be so easily offended these days, yet this position still bothers me! The whole premise of her site bothers me. It’s too judgemental of mothers who don’t meet her brief. Motherhood is tough enough without the judgement of others, let alone other women and other mothers.

Monique actually said something to the affect of if you're offended, then not being a lazy mom would not apply to you (to Gizelle, when G said the title is offensive). What a horrid bitch! She realized that in her haste to insult Gizelle, she insulted a lot of other woman, so walked it back, but I have no doubt she believes it. And even if she doesn't - bitch move. She clearly believes there are lazy moms out there, or why not call her blog something like "There Are No Lazy Moms", or delete the word "lazy" altogether? NFL reference notwithstanding. And yeah, there are lazy moms out there (Sheila, looking at you), but I have a feeling that Monique's idea of a lazy mom is one who takes their child to the dr before trying 842 types of essential oils, or who utilize baby sitters or nannies or gasp(!) sit the baby in front of a screen every once in a while, since she doesn't. But by the looks of things, she has a whole contingent of various relatives at her house at any given time who I am sure do her bidding at all times. 

Share Post

5 hours ago, Toothbrush said:

My theory on CandyAss being recognized is that it was probably when she was doing promotion/appearances for the pageant, and was in tiara & sash, complete with chaperones. Many people would pay attention, maybe smile & wave or take a picture, simply because it's not something you see everyday. So I think it is more being noticed than being recognized. 

I feel bad for Karen & sorry that the reunion couldn't have been pushed back a week or so - she buried her dad just 5 days prior to filming. That's a lot to ask of anyone, especially someone who lost her mother only 7 months before that. But Evil Twin Toothbrush thinks she would not have run off of the set had the questions & accusations about the IRS debt, her living arrangements, etc not been addressed. 

Can't wait to see what dirt Karen & Dr. BBG have dug up in Crocodile Donedon't. Unfortunately I have a feeling it will be a lot of innuendo & "you know exactly what we're talking about". Lame.  

They all looked horrible, and Karen looked like she was made of wax.

Monique actually said something to the affect of if you're offended, then not being a lazy mom would not apply to you (to Gizelle, when G said the title is offensive). What a horrid bitch! She realized that in her haste to insult Gizelle, she insulted a lot of other woman, so walked it back, but I have no doubt she believes it. And even if she doesn't - bitch move. She clearly believes there are lazy moms out there, or why not call her blog something like "There Are No Lazy Moms", or delete the word "lazy" altogether? NFL reference notwithstanding. And yeah, there are lazy moms out there (Sheila, looking at you), but I have a feeling that Monique's idea of a lazy mom is one who takes their child to the dr before trying 842 types of essential oils, or who utilize baby sitters or nannies or gasp(!) sit the baby in front of a screen every once in a while, since she doesn't. But by the looks of things, she has a whole contingent of various relatives at her house at any given time who I am sure do her bidding at all times. 

Monique and her lazy mom thing will be a fleeting moment in HW businesses, she will be to overwhelmed with baby number 3 and I bet dollars to donuts that the oils will fall by the wayside and she will plop the older two in front of the TV when the baby naps just so she can get some shut eye.  Or she will have two full time nanny's so she can have time and energy to devote to her businesses and blogs. Either way she will prove what a supermom she is and still have time to guzzle a bottle of Caymus.

What was that tentacle thing around her neck she is wearing for the reunions?  Looks very uncomfortable and restrictive.

I agree that Karen will not have any real proof of anything nefarious on Michael.  

Karen is the master of deflection, someone asks a question about where she lives and suddenly she is walking away.  I think Ray would just answer truthfully and not care what anyone thought about it but Karen has to front as the Grand Dame of Potomac.  

I have a field trip idea for us, we go to some popular restaurant in Potomac and ask people if they know Karen Huger from anything other than this show.  Anyone think we will come up empty?

Share Post