S07E08 Town Goes Down 8.7.2018

I've never created a new topic before! I don't have the official synopsis, but: Fredrick goes to St Lucia (& acts like he's never been anywhere fabulous before), Ryan looks at more than one home (for himself!) that is more than $10million, and Steve looks hot & foine as his company shuts down.

Anyway, "Can I help you with that?"

Ryan: "NO."  ROFL!!!

Edited by DrSparkles.

Share Post

Maybe I'm just slow but I feel like this episode has fast forwarded quite a bit of time. I mean, Steve walks into Fredrick's launch with short hair and he's got longer waves by the end of the episode as you see him getting the call about Town shutting down. I don't know, the editing just seemed a bit off to me as if they tried to put it together like a sequence of events that may have been spread out much further than what the episode would suggest. I did see an interview with Ryan and Steve where they mentioned that they film 9 months of the year....that's a long time. I wonder if that is to fill one or two season's worth of material.

Also a bone to pick with Bravo - I've noticed that in the Youtube clips they release for upcoming episodes, they release whole scenes at a time. Aren't they supposed to be 'teaser' clips? They released the entire ending of last nights episode prior to the episode and I'm struggling to figure out why this even makes sense to do. I just wasted the last minutes of the episodes thinking something else was coming.

Even though many parts of this show seem scripted, Emilia stopping in her tracks and turning around at the mention of Ryan showing her a house listed at $16M seemed pretty real but maybe she's a good actress. I doubt he's worth THAT much money that he would pour that much into a house. It was just an interesting way of showing the space. Then again, I don't think it makes sense to be a multi-millionaire and have a mortgage when you could buy something that still more than suits your needs and be free of debt. But that's just me, lol.

Share Post

10 hours ago, DrSparkles said:

I don't have the official synopsis, but: Fredrick goes to St Lucia (& acts like he's never been anywhere fabulous before),

That was funny!  Fredrik's enthusiasm for all of the high-dollar properties he shows makes me smile.  Sometimes I think that he's still in awe of the lifestyle he has and the gorgeous homes he gets to sell.  I hope he never changes!  Wouldn't you love to have one of those villas in St. Lucia?  Now that's the life!

I liked Emilia better when she was dating Ryan.  She has such a positive influence on him, but she seems to be getting a tad whiny for my tastes.  Asking Ryan to move to Brooklyn is a big deal.  It seems to be much easier for him to continue with his business being in the heart of the city.  I understand her feelings, but I don't like the way she pouts when she wants something.  And how about they wait until she gets pregnant and then make the move.  They can afford to pay some movers to pack everything and move, and even then, she wouldn't need to stress over decorating a new place right away.  Maybe take care of the babies room and the master bedroom, then wait until later to work on other areas of the house (if needed.)  They might find a move-in-ready home.  I really don't look forward to seeing this play out every week.  Just show me the real estate, please!

Share Post

They waited until the last five minutes to get to the Town closing... Really?

Share Post

When Amelia was worrying about IVF not working and being stuck in that gorgeous million dollar home with only her handsome healthy husband to comfort her, I really wish Ryan's response to her question of "What if it doesn't work?" was, "Then we adopt.". I'm going to assume all the options they have (besides a baby being biologically related to both of them) are just being ignored for dramas sake. I'm sure they will get all the biological babies they want in the end (and I hope that they do), I just don't want to watch the struggle on my tv (people seem selfish to me). I didn't like watching Fredrick's either, I only like seeing the end result of him happy with his babies. 

I should have foreseen them teasing Town closing as the big story for this ep to only have it be the last 2 seconds. Tune in next week!

2 hours ago, ChitChat said:

I liked Emilia better when she was dating Ryan.

That's because it humanized Ryan back when he was more of a douche. Now that we all like him (for the most part), she serves no purpose (and she gets far too much screen time).

Edited by jvr.

Share Post

Emilia said "is that a highway?" when they were looking at that brownstone in the West 80's (answer: yes, but not very close), but she didn't flinch at getting a place in Brooklyn that hovers directly over the Bronx Queens Expressway? Please. They have to hear constant traffic noise from that house and I can't even imagine the air pollution levels.

I want the house that guy is selling in Saint Lucia in order to buy into the newer development. It was brighter, more open air, and had lovely ocean views.

Edited by 7-Zark-7.

Share Post

5 hours ago, 7-Zark-7 said:

I want the house that guy is selling in Saint Lucia in order to buy into the newer development. It was brighter, more open air, and had lovely ocean views.

I thought the same thing.  Forget the new homes, I'd take that one!  I loved the outdoor dining and courtyard area.  

Share Post

8 hours ago, 7-Zark-7 said:

(answer: yes, but not very close), but she didn't flinch at getting a place in Brooklyn that hovers directly over the Bronx Queens Expressway? 

Yes, but, that place was in Brooklyn Heights,  one of the most awesome neighborhoods in all of NYC.  

Fredrik is coming off as so phony this season, like he's playing a part, and he's not a very good actor. The reason I always liked him before was that he was anything but that. I miss the old Fred. 

Steve just happens to have a client who just happens to be looking for a place in St. Lucia. Yeah, ok. 

Lastly, aside from the lip injections, what in the heck else has Emilia done to her face? She looks at least 10 yrs older and not near as cute as she once was. 

Share Post

I just looked up an article, and the TOWN closing was around April 19 of this year. It was definitely colder and earlier in the year in previous episodes. I suspect they film over 9 months, but sporadically. That's the only way to show the progression of the sales. Most real estate deals take time, from start to finish. 

Share Post

That 16M townhouse on the UWS that Ryan was showing Emelia--- on that lovely street of brownstones, and inside it was .... another boring white box. Do people really like those character-less spaces? Might as well move to LA...

Share Post

On 8/10/2018 at 10:47 AM, bichonblitz said:

Yes, but, that place was in Brooklyn Heights,  one of the most awesome neighborhoods in all of NYC.  

Fredrik is coming off as so phony this season, like he's playing a part, and he's not a very good actor. The reason I always liked him before was that he was anything but that. I miss the old Fred. 

Steve just happens to have a client who just happens to be looking for a place in St. Lucia. Yeah, ok. 

Lastly, aside from the lip injections, what in the heck else has Emilia done to her face? She looks at least 10 yrs older and not near as cute as she once was. 

I agree---Emilia looks like she is about 45. She looks much older than Ryan. She has the big lips, big lashes, hard looking face, fake hair way down her back. Just not a good look. She definitely appears to be in her 40's. I don't want to hear about any baby drama either. They have big bucks. They can try IVF multiple times if needed, hire a surrogate, adopt sweet Chinese babies, etc. So many people don't have those options. 

Share Post

And no surprise that Shii-Ann Huang (two time Survivor castaway) is a big time real estate person.  This fits her personality well.

Share Post

On 8/10/2018 at 12:38 PM, dleighg said:

That 16M townhouse on the UWS that Ryan was showing Emelia--- on that lovely street of brownstones, and inside it was .... another boring white box. Do people really like those character-less spaces? Might as well move to LA...

That drives me nuts. The outsides always look awesome and historic and then the insides look so bland. Why do people like all white interiors?

The scenes with Ryan and Noah were so scripted.

Share Post

14 hours ago, Writing Wrongs said:

That drives me nuts. The outsides always look awesome and historic and then the insides look so bland. Why do people like all white interiors?

The scenes with Ryan and Noah were so scripted.

right???  Can you imagine all the beautiful wood word they threw away?  Staircases, moulding, mantel, and all the arched walkway are gone.  

Share Post

People like light and airy, whereas I like dark wood with character. LOL

Share Post

On 8/10/2018 at 1:38 PM, dleighg said:

There must be something psychological in this approach to staging because it seems everyone in the industry does this. Staging is supposed to give potential buyers an idea of what the space could look like but maybe the neutrality of the walls and colours also give the illusion of a blank canvas that allows potential buyers to consider ways they would put their own touches in the space. From a buyer perspective, it's a safe option to walk into a neutral looking space rather than seeing eccentric colours, especially on the walls, and you begin dreading all the painting you have to do - BUT what I do think makes the effect over the top is the penchant for stagers to always move in a modern approach to showcasing a home. It looks beautiful but begins to not only all look alike but it mostly appears to be nice 'to look at' but doesn't at all seem comfortable to live in. As a viewer, I think there is certainly more of an appeal of watching real estate that's presented as a more livable, comfortable space but I guess that doesn't really work for selling properties.

Share Post

Even more than the staging though, kitchens are all white on white, no soft window coverings, everything ultra sleek. Just not my taste I guess.

Share Post

The Upper West Side is very well known for a neighborhood feel and a great place for raising kids. The public elementary schools there are so good that school zones are listed in real estate ads. The West Side Highway is far less noticeable to houses near Riverside Drive than the BQE is to Brooklyn Heights Homer.

That said, if I were Emília I’d prefer to be close to my family as well. Ryan is a confirmed workaholic, she’s going to want family near.

I feel so bad for Emilia’s face! She used to be so pretty, what on earth did she do to herself?

Share Post