Cast in Other Roles

Avan Jogia is set to co-star in The Outskirts

Victoria Justice and Eden Sher are set to star in the high school comedy “The Outskirts,” which hails from “Bachelorette” producer BCDF Pictures, the company announced Tuesday.

Film co-stars Eden Sher, Ashley Rickards, Peyton List (Not from The Tomorrow People, the one on Disney's Jessie), Avan Jogia, Claudia Lee, Katie Chang and William Peltz.

Described as “Mean Girls” meets “Revenge of the Nerds,” the story follows best friends Jodi (Justice) and Mindy (Sher), who have suffered years of torment under the thumb of the school's alpha female (Lee). They plan to ride out their senior year under the radar, but when they become the victim of a humiliating prank, the two hatch a plan to unite the outcasts of the school and start a social revolution. They join forces with an affable slacker (Jogia), a girl scout with a secret (Chang) and an overachiever with dirt on everyone (Rickards).

Share Post

Jack Falahee (Charlie) is in ABC's drama/thriller How to Get Away With Murder.

HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER
PICKED UP TO SERIES
STUDIO: ABC Studios
TEAM: Peter Nowalk (w, ep), Shonda Rhimes (ep), Betsy Beers (ep), Michael Offer (d)
LOGLINE: A sexy, suspense-driven legal thriller about a group of ambitious law students and their brilliant, mysterious criminal defense professor who become entangled in a murder plot that will rock the entire university and change the course of their lives.
CAST: Viola Davis, Matt McGorry, Aja Naomi King, Jack Falahee, Alfred Enoch, Karla Souza, Jack Falahee, Charlie Weber, Liza Weil, Billy Brown, Katie Findlay, Tom Verica

It's set to premiere this fall, Thursdays at 10pm. Here's a trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbSl-SPyHtg

Share Post

I just saw that Avan Jorgia is starring in the Spike TV mini series Tut (he is playing King Tut!). Kylie Bunbury also has a role in the series. She will be playing Suhad, "the beautiful and endearing girl of Mitanni descent who develops a strong bond with the young Egyptian king, despite the fact she is not of royal bloodlines." Twisted reunion! Let's just hope we don't see a #poorJo hashtag during the Tut/Suhad scenes.

Other cast members of note: Ben Kingsley (!) and Nonso Anozie (Xaro Xhoan Daxos on Game of Thrones and Renfield on Dracula).

As a result of the usual cross promotion on these channels, Avan Jorgia is going to be a guest judge on next week's episode of Ink Master (which also airs on Spike). Tut begins airing on July 19th.

Share Post

I have always been of the unpopular opinion that destroying Danny/Lacey was not what truly killed Twisted. Yes, they had decent chemistry (I'll be honest I never thought it was that special and frankly the shippers got annoying VERY fast for me especially when it inevitably crossed into creepy real life shipping of the actors) and destroying them to prop the lame Jo/Danny mess that no one really wanted did not help. 

But honestly, I checked out of the show by Episode 4 or 5, before it went on hiatus because I thought it was clear the writers had no freaking clue what they were doing with regards to writing a mystery. All the writers on that show were known more for teen romance/angst dramas than mysteries. From the start I remembered thinking it probably would have been better if Marlene King (Pretty Little Liars) and company did Twisted. Because yes PLL eventually became convoluted but the show has mostly stuck with what it was promoted as - a mystery with yes romance added as a side piece. 

Twisted didn't do that. It was promoted as some type of mystery, a PLL with a male lead and instead it quickly became some high school drama with the most boring mystery known to man. Five episodes in I didn't care about either of the victims which was a problem, episode after episode we got nothing and it was all about Jo and her angst or in that early part Danny and Lacey's "tension" and him wanting her but her with her boyfriend and all else. And it just kind of meandered about.

The writers clearly had no clue what the hell they were doing and Danny and Lacey's decent chemistry I guess was enough for some but then that got killed and Pratt came on to really seal the nail in the coffin of the show. As I've said before, I really wish someone with far better skills at writing a mystery show would take this premise and try this show again because I truly think  the show had a good premise and nice hook .

Edited by truthaboutluv.

Share Post

The chemistry is STILL there!

Yeah, that's one of the very few bright spots in Tut.

Edited by Trini.

Share Post

Build just posted a bunch of old interviews on their youtube channel and one of them was Avan Jogia discussing Tut:

Share Post

Maddie Hasson plays the main character in the new Youtube series Impulse (premiered a few days ago):

Impulse follows "16-year-old Henrietta, aka Henry, who discovers she has the ability to teleport. The first time she realizes this, she is in a truck with her high school’s Golden Boy, who tries to rape her. She has a seizure and teleports, in the course of which she inadvertently crushes him, leaving him a paraplegic." The show goes on to "explore Henry’s need to reconcile what her assaulter tried to do with the consequence, and her feelings about discovering she can teleport with her feelings about the assault."

Avan Jogia has been cast as the main character in the new Starz series Now Apocalypse:

This surreal, coming-of-age comedy series follows Ulysses and his friends Carly, Ford and Severine, who are on various quests pursing love, sex and fame. "Now Apocalypse" explores identity, sexuality and artistry, while navigating the strange and oftentimes bewildering city of Los Angeles. Between sexual and romantic dating app adventures, Ulysses grows increasingly troubled as foreboding premonitory dreams make him wonder - is some kind of dark and monstrous conspiracy going on, or is he just smoking too much weed?

Share Post