S08.E29 Again With This: Beverly Hills, 90210 Introduces Us To Noah's Old Friend Gwyneth, Who Has Conscious Coupling On Her Mind

I'm trying to think of anything to say about this episode. Yay Val for letting that old pedo die? Idk.

Anywho, 6 Brandon episodes to go.

Share Post

This episode ... i cant. Also,  the whole proposal/almost wedding makes me want to jump off Kelly and Donna's balcony. But i didnt because yay Brandon will be gone soon!!

Side note - since i am watching the show from the beginning again on POP, I decided to also start the podcast over, and I forgot about all the mentions of boom mics in the shots - has that happened recently I cant remember -or did they end up getting a new boom mic guy lol 

Share Post

This is episode 29?? How many episodes are in a 90210 season?? 

Also, those visual aids. Omg, the cup-holding plague pic made me realize that Noah has very similar spiky-shelf head and also that bowling shirt! I swear Brandon has worn a shirt very much like that before. 

Ugh, they should get married just so they can move away and bray happily ever after. As long as they bray where we can't see them, IDGAF! 

Edited by TimeyWimey52.

Share Post

Seriously..  I have to state it again both of these proposals in this episode are awful.

Anyways.. yeah.. David sucks. He’s totally victim blaming and Val shouldn’t let a  random rapist die? What? That makes no sense. And yeah maybe she should talk to a professional.. for quite a few reasons, among those are that the people in her life, mainly you since she confides in you are not at all equipped to handle anything but let her decide when and/or if she wants to. 

Share Post

Thinking about it, I do wonder if the wedding rush job was because Jason Priestly wanted out.

Think about it: Kelly is pretty much the only connection Brandon has to Los Angeles. With her gone, there's no one to keep him there. His family's gone, the people he was closest to in the gang (Andrea and Dylan) are also gone, David and Donna are Kelly's friends, he doesn't give a rat's ass about Noah, and he could take or leave Val. Yeah, there's Steve, but, come on, it's Steve. Nobody's gonna stay for Steve.

Share Post

Nitpicking the D-plot is probably the definition of useless, but did they not check resumes before doing interviews?

Share Post

4 hours ago, helent said:

Nitpicking the D-plot is probably the definition of useless, but did they not check resumes before doing interviews?

That would be competent professionals..... these 2 doofi are not either of those

Share Post

Remember when Dylan got robbed at gunpoint and went to get a gun - and couldn’t get it legally - and then couldn’t handle it and almost shot Brandon because he was intoxicated and paranoid? So now David is robbed, goes to get a gun, has to wait, takes Noah’s gun and shoots someone. It wasn’t that good a storyline the first time around, so repeating it is not really necessary. 

And talk about a bad weekend. You take a chance and try to hook up with and old friend you’ve always had a crush on, and you end up being shot by his stupid girlfriend’s stupid ex-boyfriend. Poor woman should try looking for a job instead  if she wants to get laid, it seems to work for other people! 

Share Post

16 hours ago, Kimmykun said:

Thinking about it, I do wonder if the wedding rush job was because Jason Priestly wanted out.

Think about it: Kelly is pretty much the only connection Brandon has to Los Angeles. With her gone, there's no one to keep him there. His family's gone, the people he was closest to in the gang (Andrea and Dylan) are also gone, David and Donna are Kelly's friends, he doesn't give a rat's ass about Noah, and he could take or leave Val. Yeah, there's Steve, but, come on, it's Steve. Nobody's gonna stay for Steve.

Aw,, poor Steve. But also true. 

Also it was hilarious to me that Val stayed like two more episodes after Brandon left and the show then realized she has no connection to these people at all anymore. Not that she ever really did even if she and Brandon were “family” or whatever. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl.

Share Post

They probably had her stay longer so not to diminish Brandon's grand exit. 

Share Post

21 hours ago, Kimmykun said:

They probably had her stay longer so not to diminish Brandon's grand exit. 

Brandon's exit wasn't very grand, that was the funny thing.  He just drives off at the end.  I remember thinking even then I was hoping the car would explode like Jack's did.

It was odd that Dylan returned almost immediately after Val left though they were able to interact in the season finale.

Share Post

On 7/11/2018 at 1:06 PM, CurlyATX said:

I always thought it was weird that Val left just minutes before Dylan returned.  

This disturbed me to no end. Seems like poor planning on the producers' part. It is the moment they truly turned their backs on their fans. They couldn't get one scene and goodbye makeout sesh between Val and Dylan, for old time's sake? It makes me wonder if they didn't want to spoil their "Kelly is Dylan's soulmate and he can't have any other normal relationships with any other women as long as she exists and vice versa even though they hate each other" theme they had going on.

Share Post