S03.E10: No Turning Back

Mama Chantel, wandering around the house babbling in Spanglish  (why? Who there doesn’t speak English?)

The marks on Rivers face, where they lipstick?

Mama Chantel.... “and we were having such a nice time”

9 minutes ago, Gigglepuff said:

Am I evil for laughing when, in the middle of the melee, Chantal sat on the chair, hand to her head and shrieked? 

Maybe she can get a job on the same telenovela as Pao? 

Nicole saying it annoys her when people say all these obstacles are signs against marrying and Azan saying he thinks the timing isnt right for them to marry!!!

Edited by iwasish.

Share Post

4 hours ago, Christina said:

Bwhahahahaha. Typo too good to fix. In all seriousness, Pedro and Nicole do have sending money overseas in common, which is more than Nicole has in common with Azan. Nicole and Azan probably compete for who can stare at their phone screen the longest.

Too many Nicoles on this show!  I know that some of the names are made up - they could have at least made up some different ones.

On 7/14/2018 at 5:43 PM, Former Nun said:

Blame that on Chantel whose original lie about his "student visa" just kept rolling downhill and gathering more mud.

Correction?   Pedro and Chantel ??

Yes, I agree that Chantel started this whole mess were her lie.

And, oops!  Yes, Pedro and Chantel.

Share Post

On 7/10/2018 at 10:47 AM, funky-rat said:

I don't either.  I just can't get in to fantasy genre stuff (Harry Potter, Lord Of The Rings, Marvel anything, etc).  My cousin's stepdaughter is a Harry Potter fanatic, and when I once said I didn't like it, she said "Part of me just died".  Um...why?  I'm sure she doesn't like some stuff that I do, but I don't "die" because of it.

Ugh. Harry Potter. I don't get the attraction at all. Also, I'm sick to death of Harry Potter questions in my trivia game.

Share Post

2 hours ago, iwasish said:

Pao is really pulling all the stops out in her audition for a telenovela. Dead granny, miscarriage, missing her home country, failing marriage etc.

She can totally be a cheftestant on "Chopped".  

Share Post

On 7/10/2018 at 5:18 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Patrick Star and Anfisa- why is she still there? You can’t be upset about the possibility of child support if you marry a man with a possible child.  Why wasn’t the DNA test taken before the wedding.  I’d want to know.  Can we vote for them to go on Maury?  He’d get to the bottom of this fuckery.

First she was railing that she was done with him if it turned out the child was his because she was done with his lying, then in the follow up she was saying, "I don't care about the DNA test," she was done with all this etc., she had no interest in the results. Seems like she had about 10 minutes to think this over and realized if the DNA test showed he was the father, she would end up with even less moola because of a little thing called child support.

Share Post

8 hours ago, iwasish said:

The marks on Rivers face, where they lipstick?

Apparently lipstick around a BITE!

9 hours ago, Bou said:

I also remember when Chris asked her if she would give him massages. 

On the video that Chris and his wife made (and someone was kind enough to post it here--30min, I think), they explained that the comment was edited WAY out of context and nothing irregular was even considered.

Share Post

OMG ... TLC must really believe that "their Danielle" IS a fan favorite.  WHY did we have to see her face again?   WHY did we have to learn that she "reached out" to Muh-hammet because she needed help setting up a website.  Does TLC think we're as duhhhhmb as she is?

Share Post

3 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Does TLC think we're as duhhhhmb as she is?

Yes,  Yes they do.

Share Post

4 hours ago, Former Nun said:

OMG ... TLC must really believe that "their Danielle" IS a fan favorite.  WHY did we have to see her face again?   WHY did we have to learn that she "reached out" to Muh-hammet because she needed help setting up a website.  Does TLC think we're as duhhhhmb as she is?

Plus, she has to show him what he's missin' !!!

Share Post

On 7/13/2018 at 11:13 PM, Former Nun said:

Pun intended?

Indeed!

Share Post

4 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Plus, she has to show him what he's missin' !!!

This is hilarious because I could just HEAR her sayin' it.

Share Post

On 7/12/2018 at 8:01 PM, magemaud said:

I trace all of Chantel/Pedro's problems back to Chantel herself. SHE was the one who lied to her parents about Pedro being here on a student visa in the first place. SHE was the one who misinterpreted Nicole calling her a bitch and possibly also misheard that Nicole clapped and said "thank God" when she left the apartment. Then she runs to her parents AND over-invested siblings with every complaint about Pedro and his family and pits them against each other. 

I think to a great degree, it's natural, immature behavior for younger newlyweds to bring their complaints to their parents as they always have. As someone upthread said about how she handled her children's complaints, parents need to nip that in the bud and tell them they aren't listening to any complaints or involving themselves in any arguments, period. Which, of course Family Chantal will never do, as that drama is their meat and potatoes.

Share Post

On 7/12/2018 at 11:17 PM, Kangatush said:

I want to be clear on my logic for being team Pedro.  It's kind of process of elimination.  I hate all of Family Chantal, I dislike Mother and Sister Pedro, and I think Chantal makes her own problems by way oversharing with her family and never defending her husband.  That really only leaves Pedro.  I think he had the most honest intentions when this shit show began, and he's just been ground down and getting reactive.  Does he have room to improve as a husband?  Does he need to learn to discuss things with his wife, like money?  Hell yeah, but he's trying, or at least he was.

I agree mostly with this, but Chantal did defend him when they went to that investigator, or whatever she was. She repeatedly said she did not believe one bit that he was cheating on her, or had another family, or had any suspect intentions. She told them then she did not want any part of any investigation, and at one point said she only went there to defend Pedro, which, IMO, she did.

On the other hand, I can't recall  Pedro ever standing up for her when his nasty mother and sister start in on Chantal with their giggling, name calling, and entitled behavior. I couldn't believe it, either, when some of the first words out of his mother's mouth at the airport were, "Where is my TV??" She was very obnoxious about it.

Share Post

1 hour ago, renatae said:

I agree mostly with this, but Chantal did defend him when they went to that investigator, or whatever she was. She repeatedly said she did not believe one bit that he was cheating on her, or had another family, or had any suspect intentions. She told them then she did not want any part of any investigation, and at one point said she only went there to defend Pedro, which, IMO, she did.

On the other hand, I can't recall  Pedro ever standing up for her when his nasty mother and sister start in on Chantal with their giggling, name calling, and entitled behavior. I couldn't believe it, either, when some of the first words out of his mother's mouth at the airport were, "Where is my TV??" She was very obnoxious about it.

Not defending his  mom or sister, they behaved badly. But I do think Chantel probably came across as a bit of a princess and had an “air” about her when they met. I think they also have heavily depended on him, not just money wise but as the man of the house  to look out for them. I think they were afraid they were losing that protection and mama may have laid a guilt trip on him.

When Nicole called her mom after the fight over the sleeping arrangements, I don’t think she got the reaction she thought she’d get. The mom instead of laughing and mocking Chantel, could have told her to cool it and not make trouble for her brother. I say that because when she went out with Pedro to eat, she suddenly was okay with sleeping on the couch,that it was comfortable and that she would do her best to get along with Chantel.

Of course, I could be totally wrong. 

Share Post

On 7/9/2018 at 2:34 AM, Real Eyes said:

Molly - Luis is a grifter, and she fell for him hook, line and sinker.  I think she so wanted a husband, she fell for the con.  Yes, she should have thought of her children as well, but Olivia was practically an adult, and her younger daughter could have adjusted.  Personally, I would never bring any man into my children's lives while they were under 18 (I'm all "Dr Laura" here!), but I don't think it is as irresponsible as some here have portrayed.

From as much of it is I could take watching, It wasn’t a matter of adjusting. Luis was abusive to those kids.  Verbally abusive and they should not have to adjust to that whether one is practically an adult or not.

I don’t have children,  I have dogs and cats. And I can say with complete certainty, if any man I’ve ever dated had ever been abusive to my animals, they would’ve been history so fast there heads would’ve spun right off their necks.  

On 7/10/2018 at 1:45 PM, AZChristian said:

According to the US Department of Justice:

• An estimated 60% of perpetrators of sexual abuse are known to the child but are not family members, e.g., family friends, babysitters, child care providers, neighbors.
  • About 30% of perpetrators of child sexual abuse are family members.
  • Only about 10% of perpetrators of child sexual abuse are strangers to the child.

Yes indeedy!

Edited by Kid.

Share Post

On 7/8/2018 at 7:38 PM, PityFree said:

Azan  really tried to make it seem like Nicole would have to fly herself all the way back to the United States to get that paper versus  just contacting someone who can have the paper mailed.  He really doesn’t want to marry her.

If I remember correctly that is what the woman at the Moroccon in office said unless he mis-translated it.

On 7/8/2018 at 7:55 PM, Brooklynista said:

I feel a bit bad for Annie. Clearly her life was shit back in Thailand and she saw David as a chance at a better life. What she got instead was a schlub of a man who brought her here to be a co- squatter. 

How low David must look in Annie's eyes. She worked in dick suck bars to help her family and her new husband won't take a clean $10 an hour job to at least pretend to support her.

At least when she was sucking dicks back in Thailand, she got paid.  Now she sucking one for free.

Share Post

On 7/8/2018 at 8:22 PM, DVDFreaker said:

She never got implants, her boobs are real 

And I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

Share Post

On 7/8/2018 at 10:18 PM, Adeejay said:
On 7/8/2018 at 9:04 PM, RichiesOlderBro said:

River got his ass kicked!!! LOL!!!

Not really!  If you watch closely, you will see that River punched Pedro in either his mouth or his nose and body slammed Nicole.  When Pedro rubbed his face and saw the blood, he lost it and kicked the food off the table.  

River's GLASSES got their ass kicked! 

Share Post

On 7/16/2018 at 4:01 PM, magemaud said:

River's GLASSES got their ass kicked! 

Original "glasses" comment: RichieSolderBro.     Didn't River have a bitemark on his cheek...surrounded by a BRIGHT lipstick?   Nicole is a dirty fighter.

Edited by Former Nun.

Share Post

There are several comments supporting Pedro in his sadness/anger that Chantel shares everything with FamilyChantel

I think we've seen Pedro do the same thing with FamilyPedro.

Share Post

11 hours ago, Former Nun said:

There are several comments supporting Pedro in his sadness/anger that Chantel shares everything with FamilyChantel

I think we've seen Pedro do the same thing with FamilyPedro.

His remarks to his family are mostly about HER FAMILY not really about Chantel herself, only that she tells her family all their business and as he said adds fuel to the fire.  Did she really object to him sending money home in the beginning? Or did her family’s harping on the harvesting convince her it was not acceptable. Add to that the fact that SHE lied to her folks and had him lie also about their real relationship. 

Pedro is not perfect by far. But he’s head and shoulders above most of what passes as a man on this show and Chantel is lucky he didn’t go back to the DR with his sister.  

Share Post

8 minutes ago, iwasish said:

Did she really object to him sending money home in the beginning?

Sounded like the agreed to an amount...but much smaller than he was really giving.   

Share Post

On 7/16/2018 at 2:17 PM, Kid said:

How low David must look in Annie's eyes. She worked in dick suck bars to help her family and her new husband won't take a clean $10 an hour job to at least pretend to support her.

He could work in  a Fast Food place and eat free burgers and fries all day or be a buncer at a strip club

Just move that quivering mound of fat you call an ass and take care of your wife

13 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Original "glasses" comment: RichieSolderBro.     Didn't River have a bitemark on his cheek...surrounded by a BRIGHT lipstick?   Nicole is a dirty fighter.

yup and I was surprised his Mom didnt fawn all over him and cry because he was injured

Share Post

Nah if it was a bite there would have been much more fall out. I think lipstick got on her braces (her teeth really protrude and the braces are stuck on the middle of them) and her face got pushed onto his cheek in the melee and then lipstick marks were left behind. It didn’t seem like anyone other than Pedro and River were fighting, the rest were just pushing, shoving and pulling each other and the combatants.

if blood were drawn, Family Chantel would have Pedro’s head on a stake. 

Share Post

His remarks to his family are mostly about HER FAMILY not really about Chantel herself, only that she tells her family all their business and as he said adds fuel to the fire.  Did she really object to him sending money home in the beginning? Or did her family’s harping on the harvesting convince her it was not acceptable. Add to that the fact that SHE lied to her folks and had him lie also about their real relationship. 

Pedro is not perfect by far. But he’s head and shoulders above most of what passes as a man on this show and Chantel is lucky he didn’t go back to the DR with his sister.  

When reading this comment it hit me that only did Chantel lie to her parents, she lied to them for almost 3 months.  Only when they had to get married within the 90-day time frame did Chantel finally tell her parents the truth.  For whatever reason, her keeping up the lie for 90-days instead of just a one-time lie really places a lot of blame on Chantel for every thing that followed.  Three months is a long time to keep up pretenses and then try to undo it with a one-time 'actually we're getting married in two days.'  

Share Post

Nah if it was a bite there would have been much more fall out.

A blog recap from "All About the Tea," one of several mentions online:  "The episode begins with a dishy rewind of last week’s Family Chantel brawl. Pedro’s take-out donkey kick marks his exit, and cues Chantel to dramatically wail her protest. TLC mics pick up the sibling convo as Pedro and Nicole escape down the street — the messy duo chased by Karen’s bellows for immigration justice. The family goes back inside, and the aftermath of the smackdown is as messy as Karen’s Spanglish. River is bitten and clawed, and Chantel is indignantly horrified."

Share Post

17 hours ago, Former Nun said:

A blog recap from "All About the Tea," one of several mentions online:  "The episode begins with a dishy rewind of last week’s Family Chantel brawl. Pedro’s take-out donkey kick marks his exit, and cues Chantel to dramatically wail her protest. TLC mics pick up the sibling convo as Pedro and Nicole escape down the street — the messy duo chased by Karen’s bellows for immigration justice. The family goes back inside, and the aftermath of the smackdown is as messy as Karen’s Spanglish. River is bitten and clawed, and Chantel is indignantly horrified."

There’s a lot of confusion over what was actually said . Did River call Pedro the N or F word, so I think nothing is clear about the whole argument. I did hear the sisters discussing lipstick and scratches and bites. Chantel never told Pedro that Nicole BIT River’s cheek and I would think that is something so would have thrown out there. So until I hear River say it and see more evidence  on him, I stick with the lipstick.

Mother Chantel should be screaming from the rooftop if her precious was bitten. 

Edited by iwasish.

Share Post

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 8:06 PM, Gigglepuff said:

Am I evil for laughing when, in the middle of the melee, Chantal sat on the chair, hand to her head and shrieked? 

No, that struck me as utterly ridiculous and purely for show.  First, she wears her snug, bosom exposing mini dress to a family dinner.  Then she's kind of kick ass at the fight - getting in the midst of it and acting physical.  But when the drama is over, she shrieks, turns to the camera with her best, bosom-exposing angle (profile), and moan-yodels as she drops her head and dramatically fans her giraffe lashes.  Notice that her hand doesn't quite cover her face, which shows her gaping mouth to it's best advantage.

I have felt bad for Chantel at times because her affect has seemed increasingly flat, but my goodness, what a drama queen she becomes in the company of her family.  Justice for River!

Share Post

On 7/14/2018 at 6:20 PM, magemaud said:

and "Don't ah deserve happiness?" 

Molly, that "happiness" boned you good for a few months, now send him back to the DR now!!!

19 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

When reading this comment it hit me that only did Chantel lie to her parents, she lied to them for almost 3 months.  Only when they had to get married within the 90-day time frame did Chantel finally tell her parents the truth.  For whatever reason, her keeping up the lie for 90-days instead of just a one-time lie really places a lot of blame on Chantel for every thing that followed.  Three months is a long time to keep up pretenses and then try to undo it with a one-time 'actually we're getting married in two days.'  

Yes, when she recently said to the camera "It feels like it is all my fault!" I yelled ast the tv:  "Cause it is!!!!"  If my memory serves, Pedro was NOT in favor of lying, ever.

David: Look, I got an IRS bill for a few thousand dollars.  Did I have the money?  Yes.  I did not want to part with it, lol, so I got a pt job in addition to my full time SPED job.  I checked groceries for $13 an hour.   If can do that, so can you.  SO DO IT!  (PS It was a great feeling to write that check to the IRS!! ☺)

Edited by Mrs. Hanson.

Share Post

1 hour ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

Molly, that "happiness" boned you good for a few months, now send him back to the DR now!!!

Yes, when she recently said to the camera "It feels like it is all my fault!" I yelled ast the tv:  "Cause it is!!!!"  If my memory serves, Pedro was NOT in favor of lying, ever.

David: Look, I got an IRS bill for a few thousand dollars.  Did I have the money?  Yes.  I did not want to part with it, lol, so I got a pt job in addition to my full time SPED job.  I checked groceries for $13 an hour.   If can do that, so can you.  SO DO IT!  (PS It was a great feeling to write that check to the IRS!! ☺)

Oh I feel you on that, got a big scary number from the govt as well, just finished paying it back, and while it was long, it was not that hard. It's all about the attitude one has towards that kind of situation. David is far too woe is me to try and extricate himself out of any situation on his own. 

Share Post

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

Oh I feel you on that, got a big scary number from the govt as well, just finished paying it back, and while it was long, it was not that hard. It's all about the attitude one has towards that kind of situation. David is far too woe is me to try and extricate himself out of any situation on his own. 

I don't wanna go off topic but I wanna make it very very clear that I had every intention of paying my IRS bill back I just did not want to do with the savings, unlike David I have savings!!!   To make it about David....how is it you're in your early fifties and have 0 money liquidity?   O yes that's boning your way through Thailand doesn't earn a lot of money.

Share Post

40 minutes ago, Mrs. Hanson said:

I don't wanna go off topic but I wanna make it very very clear that I had every intention of paying my IRS bill back I just did not want to do with the savings, unlike David I have savings!!!   To make it about David....how is it you're in your early fifties and have 0 money liquidity?   O yes that's boning your way through Thailand doesn't earn a lot of money.

I just entertained the thought, people have been wondering how he paid for the white Volvo and red pick up he's been driving... 

I remember when I was in my early 20, I got a phone call saying I qualified for a credit card (Now that I'm older and a tiny bit wiser, WTF?), and I had racked myself 500 dollars in credit card debt. What if David got the same kind of phone call (Because obviously, if I qualified at a jobless creditless and hopeless 20 yo, literally anyone can qualify...) and is now living off a couple of credit cards? 

Share Post

2 hours ago, Landlord said:

David is far too woe is me to try and extricate himself out of any situation on his own. 

Sadly...or unsurprisingly, David's sister told us all in TVLand that he has been this way all his life.  Just let him go, Annie!  Let him go, TLC!  Let him go, PreviouslyTV!  Would we even notice if he never "graced" our TVs again?

Share Post

On 2018-07-16 at 4:58 AM, Former Nun said:

Apparently lipstick around a BITE!

I'm dubious that it was a bite. With Sister Pedro's braces, that damage could have been the result of impact during the melee. 

Share Post

39 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

I'm dubious that it was a bite. With Sister Pedro's braces, that damage could have been the result of impact during the melee. 

If it were a bite Chantel would have said something about it. That’s too  juicy a bit of info to just drop.

Share Post