Small Talk: Out in the Garage

The Small Talk topic is for:

•   Introductions

•   Off-topic chatter

•   Having virtual tea with forum buddies

This is NOT a topic for actual show discussion. When you want to talk about the show:

1 Figure out the nature of the topic you want to talk about

2 Look for an existing topic that matches or fits

3 If there is NOT an existing topic that fits, CREATE ONE!

Examples of topics that populate show forums include (but by no means are limited to):

•   Character topics

•   Episode topics

•   Season topics

•   Spoiler topics

•   Speculation topics

•   In the Media topics

•   Favourite X topics

•   ...you get the idea

Happy trails beyond Small Talk!

Share Post

Speaking of Christmas Vacation, shame we can't get Ellen Hamilton Latzen to play a not-Ruby Sue character. The Conners could use some "Sorry! Shittin' rocks!"

(If you ever get to see Family Ties's "Miracle in Columbus", Latzen steals the show there, too:

[MICHELLE is sitting on Santa's (ALEX P. KEATON) knee at the shopping mall] 

MICHELLE: If you're Santa Claus, why are there so many Santas Clauses at other malls? 

ALEX Well, Michelle, it's like how President Reagan can't be everywhere at once so he sends his assistants out in his place 

MICHELLE: I don't believe in him, either!

Share Post

Yea! We have a garage! Stock those vending machines and tap a Alcoholic Beverage KEG! I hope we have a big red fridge. And a photo of Booker!

Share Post

I am going to the taping of The Conners this week and I was wondering if anyone had any advice who has gone before.   How early should I get there?   Is it pretty cold in the studio?  Thanks! 

Share Post

On 11/2/2018 at 6:22 AM, CherryAmes said:

They make canned cranberry sauce

Homemade cranberry sauce is the easiest thing EVER!  Boil the berries until mushy, add a pinch of gelatin and store in the fridge.  I usually make one plain, and one with chopped apples and nuts.

Share Post

13 hours ago, jhlipton said:

Homemade cranberry sauce is the easiest thing EVER!  Boil the berries until mushy, add a pinch of gelatin and store in the fridge.  I usually make one plain, and one with chopped apples and nuts.

No sugar?

Share Post

You don't need gelatin, but 1 bag of cranberries + 1/4c sugar, and maybe a dash of orange juice or zest. Boil until the berries pop and the texture is how you like it. That's my secret recipe.

Share Post

8 minutes ago, ThatsDarling said:

Live action sitcoms also tend to have a significantly less grueling production schedule than, say, a single-camera series. 

Yep; other than commercials, it's the easiest on-camera money in the business.  (And, yes, of course, they care about these characters and each other, and are happy to be back telling these stories again, too.) 

Share Post

10 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

No sugar?

We use Splenda.  (I don't know how I forgot that!)

1 hour ago, ThatsDarling said:

Live action sitcoms also tend to have a significantly less grueling production schedule than, say, a single-camera series. 

1 hour ago, Bastet said:

Yep; other than commercials, it's the easiest on-camera money in the business.

Voice-over has to be up there, too.

Share Post

2 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

Voice-over has to be up there, too.

That's why I said on-camera, but I could have made that more clear.

Share Post

11 minutes ago, Bastet said:

That's why I said on-camera, but I could have made that more clear.

I could also learn to read!  LOL

Share Post

On 11/3/2018 at 10:48 AM, BeachDays said:

I am going to the taping of The Conners this week and I was wondering if anyone had any advice who has gone before.   How early should I get there?   Is it pretty cold in the studio?  Thanks! 

That's great! I hope you have a good seat. I haven't been to ABC but I have been in other tapings. Yup it's chilly. Those stage lights light the actors on fire so AC is full tilt. A nice sweater or blazer and you are golden ! Let us know how fun it was! 

Share Post