Becky Conner-Healy/Lecy Goranson: Most Days I Don't Recognize Me

I don't know if it was the writers or just the two becky's personalities that were totally different during seasons 6-8. But I remember once Becky re-appeared in the show played by chalke. I think Dan or Someone asked something about the apartement that her,and Mark lived in while in minnesota chalke's Becky said the apartment sucked,or something like that. While in season 5 the second episode Lecy's Becky was excited & proud of their apartment.

And when Mark dropped out of trade chalke's Becky said she didn't want Mark to think he was worthless. I think Lecy's Becky wouldn't have said that she wouldn't have allowed Roseanne to tell her what to do to change Mark.

Anyways OG Becky will always be my fav. In the revival when Jackie, & Roseanne go to Becky's apartment I like the fact that she has posters of peral jam, and other bands. Wondering if The Conners will show more of Becky's apartment.

Share Post

I really, really hope they keep Becky unable to have kids. I never see characters go through this journey without ending up with a kid, whether it be through getting pregnant or adoption. Sometimes neither of those things happen, so let's try that writers.

Share Post

4 hours ago, threebluestars said:

I really, really hope they keep Becky unable to have kids. I never see characters go through this journey without ending up with a kid, whether it be through getting pregnant or adoption. Sometimes neither of those things happen, so let's try that writers.

Same, Becky did want children, but only with Mark. They were loyal, and crazy about each other. Her  having a child might give her some type of motivation in life, but in my opinion it won't last long.

If the writers decide to keep Becky childless I'll be happy because not everything happens by some miracle. And by the way love your profile pic Applejack is my favorite, pinkie is my second fav.

Share Post

On ‎7‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:00 PM, RocknRollZombie said:

If the writers decide to keep Becky childless I'll be happy because not everything happens by some miracle

Having characters have a baby during the run of the show usually is ultimately a failure.  The writers come up with all sorts of stories revolving around the pregnancy (apparently pregnancy is funny, actual babies not so much), but once the baby's born they don't know what to do with it (on Lucy she went to Europe, leaving the baby in N.Y. and then went to Hollywood and ditto).

Share Post

With only 10 episodes, Becky getting pregnant could drive a lot of story that isn't based completely on economic despair.  She and Jackie could bond, Darlene could offer lots of unsolicited advise, there is pregnancy discrimination in the workplace... and naturally this would be one place you would really miss your mother (if they do kill off RC). 

Still, I understand why some viewers might prefer a childless Becky. It's a realistic outcome.  And I kind of like boozy, sarcastic Becky.   

Share Post

Becky's self-admitted boozer trailer trash tramp character is really the only reason I'm still watching. Her lines are the only thing that make me laugh.

Also what deal did she make with the devil to be 42 years old and still look no more than 27?

Share Post

2 hours ago, Rhondinella said:

Also what deal did she make with the devil to be 42 years old and still look no more than 27?

There's a picture in her attic....

Share Post