Media: Lanford, IL Patch

On 9/25/2018 at 6:28 PM, anna0852 said:

Audrey and Rusty!

OMG, I just realized Johnny Galecki played Rusty in Christmas Vacation! How have I never known this?? So Audrey and Rusty are dating in the The Connors? I'll never look at Christmas Vacation the same way again.

Anyway, I had no idea the show was going to return/premiere so soon, I assumed they were going for a March premiere like last season. Roseanne was never my favorite, so I'll tune in. I have my doubts about the show going forward without the character, but at the least, these 10 episodes should give closure to the cast and crew if the season bombs.

Share Post

New article about the show.

“I wanted to show [opioid struggle] in the show,” Barr said. “But I was never going to have Roseanne die of an opioid overdose. It’s so cynical and horrible. She should have died as a hero or not at all. … It wasn’t enough to [fire me], they had to so cruelly insult the people who loved that family and that show.”

Bahahahahaha!  Died as a hero?  Bullshit.  Roseanne Conner rarely admitted she was ever wrong about anything, and being able to handle opioids would be no different.  What the hell heroics could she have died from anyway?  

Share Post

13 hours ago, Mom x 3 said:

What the hell heroics could she have died from anyway?

Saving a puppy from a fire?  Yeah that kind of storyline would really fit the Roseanne show.  Not.  I guess though they could claim she died after a valiant fight with cancer or something like that.  But we all know that;s not what Roseanne Barr means.  I do think giving her a dignified death would be better than making the death some kind of stupid mistake.  Whatever they do I hope they don't go down the Two and Half Men road.  However it was that Barr finally left the show a lot of us were invested in Roseanne Conner and the family.  Let her die without a lot of baggage attached to the why of the death at least.

Edited by CherryAmes.

Share Post

Official Post

I moved several posts commenting and speculating on the series from here to the Speculation topic, where they're right at home. Meanwhile the episode topic is loosening up on the first-base line. No word yet on who's going to sing the national anthem.

Share Post

There's a preview for next week in the above.

Share Post

2 hours ago, jsbt said:

Lecy and Michael on The View:

Lecy did great answering the questions they posed to her. ( I watched the show live...a risk I know lol)They both say more than Sara whom I adore, but I understand the position she is in so I'm glad they walked through the door. 

For all the ruckus on line it looks like they did well in ratings so good on them. 

Thanks for posting the videos I missed this morning!

Edited by FairyDusted.

Share Post

Lecy is very candid here about the original tweet fiasco:

I understand her conflict on Roseanne (who she's known since childhood) and not wanting to believe that woman is a racist while acknowledging the vile racism of her statement - I don't agree with it, but I get it. I personally think Roseanne has become a racist for a variety of reasons while still holding many contradictory ideas in her mind, and I think it's sad. And I'm not surprised that they haven't spoken since.

Edited by jsbt.

Share Post

Awesome! I really want Jackie's story arc to be that her life gets infinitely better with out her co-dependent relationship with Roseanne and how she feels conflicted about that. 

Share Post

From that Deadline Hollywood article re. casting Rene Rosado:

Rene Rosado (Major Crimes) has booked a recurring role on ABC’s Roseanne spinoff The Conners. ... Rosado will play Emilio, kind, sweet and cute, he’s a busser at Casita Bonita restaurant. Though he may have some trouble communicating in English, when he speaks his first language, Spanish, he is straightforward, earnest and determined.

Well, this will be interesting - I absolutely hated Rosado's character on Major Crimes by the time it ended, so I wonder if when I watch him on this show I'll see Gus and reflexively start yelling at my TV, or be a rational person.

Also, that character description sounds awful, but this is a show on which I'm very willing to see how it actually plays.

Share Post

It's been bugging me and I can't figure it out.  Can someone please explain the title of this thread?

Share Post

23 minutes ago, janie jones said:

It's been bugging me and I can't figure it out.  Can someone please explain the title of this thread?

Maybe I'm wrong, but I immediately thought of the online newsletter, The Patch.

https://patch.com/illinois

(I live in Illinois)

Edited by ChiCricket.

Share Post

Official Post

This topic is for media about The Conners, its actors and creative team. Posts about Roseanne, Roseanne Barr, or with links to media primarily about the demise of Roseanne, have been moved to the media topic in the Roseanne forum. Extended speculation about The Conners ratings has been moved to this forum's speculation topic. Thank you! 

Share Post

On 10/25/2018 at 11:49 AM, Bastet said:

I'll ... be a rational person.

What fun would that be????

Share Post