Season 2: Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure

So happy this show is back! With a new intro, new songs, and even a new look for Rapunzel!

Poor Eugene. While I hate the analogy of a proposal as asking someone to give up their freedom, everyone was right: now was not the right time to propose again. LOL at Lance and the guys' attempt to make him feel better.

Wow, what a twist with Eugene's ex the Baron's daughter. What kind of name IS Stalyan anyway.

Some good character growth for Cassandra, knowing right away that Eugene would never dump Rapunzel for another woman like that. I don't dislike her like others do, but that was good.

Glad Adira the mystery warrior seems to be an ally, but after Varian, you never know...

Edited by Spartan Girl.

Share Post

I am wondering if they are going to make Adira Cass’s mom or that Cass is from the dark kingdom. The timing could work. 

Share Post

So I do like that the show is back, and branching out to stories outside of Corona; but I will miss Corona and the characters there. (But they will have to get back to Corona at some point, right?) I hope they don't they don't have the same problem (to me) they had in season 1 with introducing a bunch of stuff into the show mythology without much (or any) payoff or explanation. I really hope that the Black Rocks story is wrapped up this season.

I honestly didn't remember at all that Eugene had proposed before.

I like Rapunzel's new outfit; Strongbow/inglehart is still a great addition; Zach Levi singing is always a highlight!

Not sure what to make of Adira right now -- why is half her face red??

Stalyan looks to be an interesting recurring antagonist; but it was weird that she still wanted to marry Eugene/Flynn after he jilted her.

On 6/24/2018 at 9:03 AM, Spartan Girl said:

Glad Adira the mystery warrior seems to be an ally, but after Varian, you never know...

This is what I'm dreading.

Share Post

Oh, and I forgot - that was Varian's father with the King of the Dark Kingdom in the flashback, right?

Share Post

On June 26, 2018 at 12:42 AM, Trini said:

Oh, and I forgot - that was Varian's father with the King of the Dark Kingdom in the flashback, right?

Yes, it was.

Some people are mad that Varian wasn't featured in the new episode. Me? I don't want to see him again until if and when he gets the smackdown he deserves. Maybe Adira can do it, since she's friends with his dad and all.

Share Post

Official Post

Change of season, change of title, change of topic. This is the Season 2 for the now name Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure. 

Share Post

Another episode in Vardaros! This one reminded me a lot of the movie High Noon, and what might have happened to the town after Gary Cooper ditched those jerks. And Rapunzel continues to learn that you can't make everyone you.

That Vex girl looks so much like Wednesday Addams.

LOL poor Max getting harassed by the bees. And him and Lance are pretty funny together.

Edited by Spartan Girl.

Share Post

Is it weird that Disney isn't re-airing this this in the week? I they'll re-air eventually, but I missed episode 2, and was thinking I'd just catch it later.  :(

Anyway, next 4 episode descriptions:

Spoiler

"Goodbye and Goodwill"

Rapunzel plans to bring the Goodwill Festival to Vardaros, but when the locals respond more favorably to Cassandra's ideas, Rapunzel becomes competitive. *Britt Robertson (ABC's "For the People") returns as the whip-smart, no-nonsense teenager Vex.

"Forest of No Return"

When the gang gets lost in the mysterious Forest of No Return, they must rely on the mysterious Adira as their guide.

"Freebird"

Rapunzel's adventurous spirit leads the gang to a hidden corner of the woods where everyone is magically transformed into birds. *Kathy Najimy ("Hocus Pocus") guest stars as a sprightly and strange resident of the magical forest.

(Okay, this one sounds weird; but it also seems like an episode that would have a song in it.)

"Vigor the Visionary"

When Rapunzel and Eugene visit a psychic monkey, his visions lead them on an adventure to find the family of their old friend and young thief, Angry. *Emmy(R) Award winner and Academy Award(R) nominee Carol Kane ("Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt") guest stars as the mystical traveler Madame Canardist

("A psychic monkey"???)

Share Post

"Goodbye and Goodwill": Yeah, Cassandra had a way better handle on what Vardaros considers fun. Who knew that Rapunzel could have a passive-aggressive competitive side?

Eugene chaining them together to force them to make up was a good callback to when Raps tried to lock them in a dungeon to force them to be friends.

LOL at the cranky old lady that kept calling her a clod. "Is she just following me around?"

"It's been a long time since I was thrown into a good wall of honey." Oh, Shorty...

They finally left Vardaros, which is good. I kind of want to get back to Adira and find out more of the Dark Kingdom connection.

Share Post

"The Forest of No Return": I wish Adira would just tell them why she's following him and why Rapunzel needs to go to the Dark Kingdom already. I'm getting a little tired of cryptic.

Lance so has a crush on Adira. "Real men love strong women." Words to live by.

LOL at Adira calling Shorty "Soiled Gnome."

The changing forest reminded me so much of the moving maze in Harry Potter 4 -- and those vines were a clear reference to the Devil's Snare.

Share Post

So I caught up on the last two episodes, but so far, this season isn't really holding my interest. I'm between 'meh' and annoyed with Adira. And it is weird that everyone has to trust her when they know nothing about her, or her plans/purposes. There were some funny moments in the Goodwill Games episode, though.

I know the show is set in a fictional world where magic exists, but what's up with the strange 'exotic' wildlife they've been introducing this season? (I don't think there was any of this last season?) I get that they world outside of Corona to be wild and different, but maybe they're taking it a bit too far? (And based on the episode descriptions, things are about to get weirder...)

I'll probably still watch the rest of the season, but I'm not as into it - especially if they're going to be taking their time with the Black Rocks mystery.

Share Post

So today's episode's moral: if you see two weird people drinking tea in the forest, run. Too bad Rapunzel never read Alice in Wonderland...

I don't blame her for procrastinating with following the rocks and admitting she's afraid of where they may lead. "The Dark Kingdom" is a very ominous destination. I did like the bird song though -- I keep forgetting that Eden Espinosa (Cassandra) took over Wicked on Broadway after Idina Menzel, which is why she sounds so similar to Elsa's singing voice.

LOL that Shorty was a peacock. And so typical that the guys would get in a pissing match over who is stronger. 🙄

Share Post

So I fastforwarded through most of the latest episode because I thought it was silly filler (moreso than usual). But maybe I'll go back to listen to the song. I did appreciate the highlighting of the Raps/Cass friendship.

Share Post

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:20 PM, Trini said:

So I caught up on the last two episodes, but so far, this season isn't really holding my interest. I'm between 'meh' and annoyed with Adira.

I like Adira, but I feel the same about this season building very slowly so far. I'm not dropping it, I just wish they'd hurry up and get somewhere with Adira or the black rocks already.

Share Post

Add Vigor the monkey to the list of dumb Disney animal characters (Becky from Finding Dory, the chicken from Moana). Although he was smart enough to keep fleecing their silver for every little thing.

I loved Carol Kane as the fortune teller lady, and it was good to see Red and Angry again. Too bad Angry didn't find her real parents, but she's still got Red. And I love that two of them took down those jerks on their own.

Share Post

Okay, so that was a little better than I thought it would be. But you'd think by now Rapunzel would be more wary of strangers she meets in the forest! It was nice to see Red and Angry again. Everyone believing the monkey was dumb, but I have to remember this is written for kids.

Share Post

Next two episode descriptions:

Spoiler

Keeper of the Spire - Aug 05

To acquire a piece of the scroll, Rapunzel travels to an ancient museum at the top of an impossibly tall spire with the museum's incredibly arrogant curator.

King Pascal - Aug 12

Tiny islanders the Lorbs mistake Pascal for their mystical ruler; the chameleon loves the adulation, until he's expected to protect his people from a vicious monster.

Share Post

Was Calliope voiced by Sarah Silverman? It sure sounded like her.

Anyway, I too know how it feels to deal with annoying people. And let me tell you, a "Sockie" does NOT help.

But we got another piece of the scroll puzzle. I think the hooded guy in the picture is that King in the beginning of the season flashback, but I guess we'll see.

Share Post

So a little more progress with the Black story.

8 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I think the hooded guy in the picture is that King in the beginning of the season flashback, but I guess we'll see.

Why put a picture of someone and not show their face? But we've got to be mysterious, I guess.

8 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Was Calliope voiced by Sarah Silverman? It sure sounded like her.

They sure wanted it to sound like her! But Silverman wasn't in the list of guest voices announced earlier, and according to IMDb, it wasn't her either.

Share Post

I guess they're stuck on the island for the next episode or two. At least they get new outfits to fit the beach! I really love Rapunzel's green dress, and Pascal did look adorable in the grass skirt. But his little armor was cute too!

Line of the episode is a tie between "When will you people learn to ignore the things I say?!" and "What have we discussed about Shorty and tools?!" LOL.

Starting to see a pattern of the ladies having the cool adventures while the guys just act like idiots for the side plot. Not complaining!

Share Post

Okay, that was a cute, fun episode; even though I still think it's really weird that the show keeps introducing all these fantastical creatures, etc. And a black rocks mention; baby steps! (Does Adira have her own boat?? she's following them, right?)

I liked the island outfits too! It was nice that Pascal had a little adventure/plot.

On 8/12/2018 at 8:53 AM, Spartan Girl said:

I guess they're stuck on the island for the next episode or two.

I doubt it. Although, I feel that the completely smashed caravan will be right back to normal next episode, and I think that's harder to handwave away.

Share Post