S08.E27 Visual Aids: Rumors Of The Beverly Hills, 90210 Visual Aids's Chastity Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Not their smugness and braying, though; those rumors were dead on. ...All the most unattractive moments, literal and figurative, from S08.E27!

View the full article

Share Post

With Noah's dark hair, the dark turtleneck, and the dark background, Noah looks like he's just a face and a pair of hands in that photo.

LOL at "Deen Cayne."

I think the other kids at West Bev knew that Donna was a virgin because of the Rosie O'Donnell AIDS special where Donna said she was the other number.

Share Post

This episode is what happens when your show has 4000 episodes per season.  Why would you have a high school reunion at 23?  While some people have a lot of accomplishments by that point, most people either graduated college within the last year and started a job, or are just completing their first year of grad school.  Aside from maybe catching up with someone for five minutes, there isn't typically a lot to report.     

Share Post

When I heard the podcast, I thought, "No one else could have Dean Cain's very specific form of quarter-Japanese 1990s hotness." And yet, spot on!

@txhorns79 5-year reunions are totally a thing, but you're right that the idea of them is pointless. But I'm Team Tara on not wanting anything to do with any reunions. Eff those idiots.

Share Post

I never thought Ian was hot back in the day (Luke and BAG were the only two that did it for me), but ever since Sharknado, I have seen the light.

Edited by Kimmykun.

Share Post

This episode is what happens when your show has 4000 episodes per season.  Why would you have a high school reunion at 23?  While some people have a lot of accomplishments by that point, most people either graduated college within the last year and started a job, or are just completing their first year of grad school.  Aside from maybe catching up with someone for five minutes, there isn't typically a lot to report.     

It isn't really about bragging about how much you have accomplished, but just seeing your old friends. I guess. I didn't have any friends in HS. But, my class had a 1 year reunion to boot. I know because my grandmother said I must have had friends to get an invitation. Sigh. Now, I'm getting high school PTSD:)

Share Post

I call no way on a school like West Beverly not sandblasting over that "Kelly Is A Slut" graffito like within a week of it showing up. It's not an impoverished inner city high school for crying out loud. The janitor that gave Steve the legacy key probably took care of it years ago. I'm also amazed that the writers got Kelly's rapist's name and graduating year right, especially since we were told in that one episode that it was Steve who was responsible for Kelly's reputation. 

Share Post

I always said I wouldn't go to a high school reunion because the people I want to see and/or care about are people that I DO see on a regular basis. No idea why the gang made such a big deal about it--they all hang out together anyway! (reminds me of when People magazine is like, "The Full House cast REUNITES," yet I feel that we see photos of them together all the damn time).
That "Where Are They Now," program talking about Donna's virginity was so bizarre. Why would that ever be something you would put in a program like that? And, as Tara and Sarah pointed out--who knew about that enough to write that in there? Did David write it?
I do like Brandon's total lack of reaction in the final photo while everyone else is freaking out.

Share Post

I call no way on a school like West Beverly not sandblasting over that "Kelly Is A Slut" graffito like within a week of it showing up. It's not an impoverished inner city high school for crying out loud. The janitor that gave Steve the legacy key probably took care of it years ago. I'm also amazed that the writers got Kelly's rapist's name and graduating year right, especially since we were told in that one episode that it was Steve who was responsible for Kelly's reputation. 

They can't sandblast that, Kelly was part of the MOST IMPORTANT GROUP OF FRIENDS that ever existed at West Bev.

Share Post

That shot of Andrea and Brandon "exercising" didn't look good for Brandon either, though. He looks very square-ish with very short legs.

Share Post

Re: Donna's lewk in the Peach Pit photo (light blue top): My 8y/o daughter is going to a circus-themed summer camp this week and even the clowns there were like, "Oh honey. No."

Share Post

I went to my 10th and 20th (Class of ‘95) which were both held at local casual bar/restaurants. The “fashionable people” wore heels and such to the 20th, but it wasn’t a semi-formal event at all, so I’m always amused by TV high school reunions where it’s like a wedding. Maybe it’s a rich school thing? But then why have it at the school instead of a banquet hall? 

Share Post

1 hour ago, kfree9 said:

I always said I wouldn't go to a high school reunion because the people I want to see and/or care about are people that I DO see on a regular basis. No idea why the gang made such a big deal about it--they all hang out together anyway! (reminds me of when People magazine is like, "The Full House cast REUNITES," yet I feel that we see photos of them together all the damn time).
That "Where Are They Now," program talking about Donna's virginity was so bizarre. Why would that ever be something you would put in a program like that? And, as Tara and Sarah pointed out--who knew about that enough to write that in there? Did David write it?
I do like Brandon's total lack of reaction in the final photo while everyone else is freaking out.

That's one of the things that really bugs me about this and some other shows.  One or two friends may go to the same college.  But, no way is a whole gang going to the same place. 

and, you're right, there was no reason for any of them to go that reunion.  Unless, of course, they thought Brenda was going to show up.  Because they all see each other on a daily basis anyway. 

I've never gone to a high school reunion because high school is not something I ever want to revisit.  I did recently go to a college sorority reunion and was pretty excited to see some people I haven't seen since college. So, I can definitely see the appeal if you've moved away but had some close friends that you drifted away from after graduation.

Share Post

I went to my 10th and 20th (Class of ‘95) which were both held at local casual bar/restaurants. The “fashionable people” wore heels and such to the 20th, but it wasn’t a semi-formal event at all, so I’m always amused by TV high school reunions where it’s like a wedding. Maybe it’s a rich school thing? But then why have it at the school instead of a banquet hall? 

I just went with my husband to his 20 year reunion (I've never been to one of mine). The invitation said cocktail attire, and this was a wealthy private school, so everyone was pretty dressed up. Then we get there and find out the event is all outside. In South Florida. In June. Needless to say, we all spent the evening sweating through our make-up, hair and pretty clothes. Reunions are stupid.

Share Post

I never thought Ian was hot back in the day (Luke and BAG were the only two that did it for me), but ever since Sharknado, I have seen the light.

Same!

Share Post

1. That frosty eyeshadow on Donna at the reunion is an abomination.
2. I'd always thought that John Sears was the "he didn't even use a blanket" guy who ruined Kelly's reputation and that's why it was so gross that she dated him when they were in college. Did they retcon this or am I just remembering wrong?

Share Post

1. That frosty eyeshadow on Donna at the reunion is an abomination.
2. I'd always thought that John Sears was the "he didn't even use a blanket" guy who ruined Kelly's reputation and that's why it was so gross that she dated him when they were in college. Did they retcon this or am I just remembering wrong?

Ross Webber was the guy she talked about in the Slumber Party episode when they played Skeletons in the Closet when she said they did it in a bush or something - and he didnt even have a blanket. I think she later mentioned in season 4 that she hooked up with John (consensual) and then he never talked to her again or something

Share Post

4 minutes ago, RosieRose221 said:

Ross Webber was the guy she talked about in the Slumber Party episode when they played Skeletons in the Closet when she said they did it in a bush or something - and he didnt even have a blanket. I think she later mentioned in season 4 that she hooked up with John (consensual) and then he never talked to her again or something

Ah, thank you! I mixed up the different guys who never talked to her again.  Still gross that she gave John Sears the time of day though.

Share Post

The show was very cliche and repetitive with Kelly’s dating choices. John Sears was just the “anti-Dylan” BMoC frat guy at the time. Then back to Dylan, preppy Brandon, “artist” Colin, I guess that Doctor circa Single White Tara, more Brandon, Matt, Dylan, Matt, Dylan. 

If she was real, I’d think being the child of an alcoholic probably subconsciously drew her to these “deep” troubled dramatic guys, while the fatherly abandonment made her seek out the stable white bread guys. She often went for the wholesome-seeming dudes, but she’d get bored and self-sabotage.

Edited by MCMLXXVII.

Share Post

I'm sure 10 year reunions were a lot more fun and more to look forward to before social media. My reunion was 2 years ago and they did it in a fancy hall .. but the whole thing got canceled because there weren't enough tickets being sold. I figured a lot of people don't really go to those anymore, since you can see what anyone you went to high school had for breakfast every morning via facebook. But I still think it would be nice to go. But yea, 5 year reunions.. pointless.

Share Post

44 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I'm sure 10 year reunions were a lot more fun and more to look forward to before social media. My reunion was 2 years ago and they did it in a fancy hall .. but the whole thing got canceled because there weren't enough tickets being sold. I figured a lot of people don't really go to those anymore, since you can see what anyone you went to high school had for breakfast every morning via facebook. But I still think it would be nice to go. But yea, 5 year reunions.. pointless.

My dad graduated in 1954 and a few of them still get together every single year for a picnic.  My dad missed it this year for the first time in a long, long, long, long time.

Share Post

Weirdly I could see going to a 5 year reunion easier than I can see myself wanting to go to a 25 year reunion. Back when I was 23 I can imagine wanting to see people from High School and maybe do the show off thing or whatever, and maybe I would have cared what they thought etc. but now, at 40 there's no way I'd go to a reunion. If we're not still in touch there's a reason!

Share Post

They can't sandblast that, Kelly was part of the MOST IMPORTANT GROUP OF FRIENDS that ever existed at West Bev.

I like to imagine leaving the tile the way it was, was Mrs. Teasley's subtle way of throwing shade at Kelly. 

Share Post

3 hours ago, txhorns79 said:

I like to imagine leaving the tile the way it was, was Mrs. Teasley's subtle way of throwing shade at Kelly. 

LOL, Mrs. Teasley walks by it and makes a "mmhmmm" face and then nods "no" to the janitor as he walks toward her with his power tools.

Share Post

I went to private school, so we have a reunion every 5 years because they're fundraisers. Even so, the 5th was at a bar instead of on campus because it was super casual, and there has certainly never been any kind of book, even pre-Facebook. AND WTF WITH THE CORSAGES?? THAT'S NOT A THING!!

I've generally found that as we get older we all really like each other. I've made new friends with people I knew but never really talked to in high school. Only hanging out one night every 5 years is plenty, but still. Like I'd never have been friends with a Steve or Dylan in high school but I imagine we'd get along now. And Brandon and Kelly would be in the completely insufferable minority. (Brenda would be a total fag hag and we'd sit in a corner making snide remarks about everyone and wondering why we weren't better friends in high school, despite having done theatre together.)

Share Post

Anyone else think it was weird that one of Andrea's complaints about parenthood was diapers? I kept waiting for someone to mention her new baby because Hannah was born her freshman year in college, so she should be 4 now, right? Another example of the writers not caring enough to think about an actual real reason why Andrea would be unhappy with her life. Heck, Gabriel had an actual kid Hannah's age, even she should have known better! 

Share Post