S08.E27 Again With This: Beverly Hills, 90210 Reunites A Bunch Of Turds Who Spend All Their Time Together Anyway, Plus Andrea

So Brandon decides to ruin the party by making everybody uncomfortable with a stupid speech. Great. I know that’s my personal dream of a party: being surrounded by people who all of a sudden starts taking everybody hostage with speeches about how badly their lives are going. Jeez, most people came to have a good time a to check out which of the pretty girls got ugly so they can gossip about that with their friends after. 

Share Post

I had to seriously stop and think because I was about to type "Brandon has never been more hateful" and there's a LOT of competition for Times Brandon Has Been Hateful. So he may have been more hateful at some other juncture, but "I'm just thinking of the CHILD" and "look at our amazing stories" and "go ahead, tell the world about your failed marriage because for some reason everybody needs and wants to know about it" is Right Up There. Leave Nana Alone, and while I'm at it: Nana, this trifling dirtbag is not and never has been your friend.

Share Post

46 minutes ago, Nanna said:

So Brandon decides to ruin the party by making everybody uncomfortable with a stupid speech. Great. I know that’s my personal dream of a party: being surrounded by people who all of a sudden starts taking everybody hostage with speeches about how badly their lives are going. Jeez, most people came to have a good time a to check out which of the pretty girls got ugly so they can gossip about that with their friends after. 

This is the same graduating class that apparently voted Brandon and his little click every award imaginable and allowed them to completely make the Class of 93 about themselves so I guess they are getting what they deserved...

Share Post

Given the Deen Cayne mention and talk of not spoiling the "where are they now" book, how could you bypass the Brenda, "Ewe will spoilit!" sound bite? 

Speaking of Brenda, they don't mention Brenda either during the reunion.  I would have loved everyone to have asked Brandon over and over, "What's going on with your sister?" instead of asking him about his life.  

I am so baffled with Val's motives for reinventing herself for these idiots she doesn't know.  It's not like she's assuming Brenda's identity and the people she knows knows she's full of shit.  I don't get it at all.

Share Post

Nice to see all those people we've never seen before. It was a real treat.

Anywho, 8 episodes of Brandon to go.

Share Post

Just a reminder  - Kelly, who is still dealing emotionally with the sexual assault and slut shaming she endured in high school, thought it was funny last week to call an acquaintance who was recently sexual assaulted herself a prostitute.

And yes, Valerie would not think Kelly had a good girl, squeaky clean HS rep.  We heard in season six that she knows about the Summer of Deception!

I'm not shocked they couldn't get a Kyle or a Tony or one of the ten million girls Brandon dated back for this thing.  But no Mrs. Teasley?!?!

Share Post

Just a reminder  - Kelly, who is still dealing emotionally with the sexual assault and slut shaming she endured in high school, thought it was funny last week to call an acquaintance who was recently sexual assaulted herself a prostitute.

And yes, Valerie would not think Kelly had a good girl, squeaky clean HS rep.  We heard in season six that she knows about the Summer of Deception!

I'm not shocked they couldn't get a Kyle or a Tony or one of the ten million girls Brandon dated back for this thing.  But no Mrs. Teasley?!?!

I believe they are saving Mrs. Teasley for Donna's bachelorette party. Because, that's totes who you'd invite to a bachelorette party--your ambiguously-jobbed (guidance counselor? Asst. Principal? Principal?) high school administrator.

Share Post

They should be taking every opportunity they have to give us more Mrs. Teasley!  I want withering stares, I want fabulous nails, etc.!

Share Post

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Thumbs up to every word! So much dumb, pointless scrawling over the gang's characters to make cartoon outlines of new characters. Val wants to "be someone else for a night"? And that person is Kelly, whom she has loathed for 102 seasons and has no respect for? Okey-dokey. Psychology graduate Kelly calling a girl who got raped a whore, just for a giggle? Sure, that tracks. Steve the West Bev prankster, not the felon and cheater? I'd buy that for a dollar.

But Brandon... jesus, that cockwinkle. His braying up in Nana's business was bad enough, but the "failed marriage" crack. You fuckstank. Believe me, when you go through a divorce, you feel exactly that, like you're a failure who failed at marriage. Andrea's thing was always succeeding at everything she did, but she let go of all the threads of her life and must be aching with self-recrimination and misery. And not one of those fartnozzles told Brandon to STFU and back out of her business for reals. His whole life is just a reason to yell, "What's it to you?"

Next week is Sex-In '98, and I'm here for it. It's so boring.

Share Post

Not to defend Kelly, but Val did not have to stick her nose in Donna’s jewelry situation with the implication that Noah doesn’t love her. I don’t know why the writers went back to “scheming gold-digger Val” after that whole trial. Oof.

Share Post

I’m sad that the “wild thing, wild thing” dj didn’t go to the reunion.

Seriously.. even as a non real viewer, when I watched these on soapnet I always wondered if there were viewers who stuck around throughout all the years to watch these episodes. This is bad. Like real bad.

Share Post

56 minutes ago, MCMLXXVII said:

Not to defend Kelly, but Val did not have to stick her nose in Donna’s jewelry situation with the implication that Noah doesn’t love her. I don’t know why the writers went back to “scheming gold-digger Val” after that whole trial. Oof.

It seems like Val the gold digger was the only thing the writers could do with her besides making her a victim. 

Share Post

Also yeah I did love that these people wanted to go the reunion to see random people they didn’t ever hang out with in high school.. so stupid.

And Val wanting to go to be someone she isn’t? What? To people she will never speak to again?

And point to Sarah and Tara, would Ross really be all nervous about Val talking to him about the kelly thing? Enough to drop his drink and cause a scene? 

Edited by WhosThatGirl.

Share Post

They should be taking every opportunity they have to give us more Mrs. Teasley!  I want withering stares, I want fabulous nails, etc.!

Don’t worry, Teasley’s the only one they could get to come back for Donna bridal shower. Uh spoiler alert.

Share Post

She deserved better than Donna's heeng shower.

Justice for Mrs. Teasley.

Share Post

6 hours ago, Silly Angel said:

But Brandon... jesus, that cockwinkle. His braying up in Nana's business was bad enough, but the "failed marriage" crack. You fuckstank. Believe me, when you go through a divorce, you feel exactly that, like you're a failure who failed at marriage. Andrea's thing was always succeeding at everything she did, but she let go of all the threads of her life and must be aching with self-recrimination and misery. And not one of those fartnozzles told Brandon to STFU and back out of her business for reals. His whole life is just a reason to yell, "What's it to you?"

I am crying with laughter over your creative cursewords!

Share Post

10 hours ago, Silly Angel said:

But Brandon... jesus, that cockwinkle. His braying up in Nana's business was bad enough, but the "failed marriage" crack. You fuckstank.

This is @Sarah D. Bunting-level insultery. Brava!

Share Post

15 hours ago, WoodyCee said:

Don’t worry, Teasley’s the only one they could get to come back for Donna bridal shower. Uh spoiler alert.

I feel like we see her again before that, that there's some sort of DRAMZ at West Bev that one of the characters (David?  Dylan?) gets involved in.

Share Post

21 hours ago, Cekrypton1 said:

I believe they are saving Mrs. Teasley for Donna's bachelorette party. Because, that's totes who you'd invite to a bachelorette party--your ambiguously-jobbed (guidance counselor? Asst. Principal? Principal?) high school administrator.

Mrs. Teasley coming to Donna's bachelorette party did give me a good laugh though. When the only people at your bachelorette party are Kelly, your mom, a girl who has made your life hell (Valerie), and your high school principal... you need to re-evaluate your life.

Share Post

17 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I feel like we see her again before that, that there's some sort of DRAMZ at West Bev that one of the characters (David?  Dylan?) gets involved in.

Yes, when David commits statutory rape with a high school student who sneaks into the club.  Dylan has to come to his rescue and talk to "Yvonne."  

Share Post

I'm team Tara who has never attended a reunion. Basically anyone I wanted to know from hs I do. There is only one person who I was searching to find. That's because I'm so old that if you wanted to find someone you would MAIL their parents and hope that it would get forwarded since people didn't keep the same email/cellphone for years like they do now.

Now, about Donna's Vcard- gross! Who the hell writes about that? And, she stuck up for the condom (or was it Condex) discussion against Felice, giving the impression that she was doing the deed.

Val- why not just pretend to be the badass you were a few years ago- owner of a club & gorgeous.
Kelly- I thought Steve spread the rumors? Now it's Ross no blanket? wouldn't she have destroyed that tile already?

Share Post

On 6/25/2018 at 4:30 PM, TeeVee329 said:

I think one of the best things ever said on this podcast is when a meeting between Samantha Sanders and Mrs. Teasley was described as, I think "a starfleet battle in the Revlon aisle." 

As someone who ended a marriage a few years ago (and it really does make you feel like a huge loser failure), I got a few "go to counseling" "try it again" comments from people that made me angry and they were delivered to me with 900 percent more tact and sensitivity than how Brandon was talking to Andrea. I was really glad that she tore into him though she should have LITERALLY torn into him, like disemboweled him, for being such a "cockwinkle." Frankly if I were Andrea's friend and found out she was splitting up with the guy she got shotgun-married to during her freshman year of college after he threatened to dump her if she had an abortion I'd be like "yeah I saw that coming!" and then take her out to get drunk and talk shit about him. 

As for my high school reunions, I graduated early so I'm not officially part of any graduating class, but even so passing my old high school gives me PTSD so no thanks!

Share Post

On 6/27/2018 at 11:06 AM, CurlyATX said:

wouldn't she have destroyed that tile already?

Wouldn't the janitor at the rich, elite Beverly Hills high school have taken care of that back in 1993? I mean, the school has a fricken valet.

Share Post