S01.E05: Adam 2018.07.12

While her relationship with Adam moves full-speed ahead, Bonnie's connection with her daughters is faltering; Kathleen emphasizes the importance of self-love; Diana and Alan have a big night out.

Share Post

I haven’t watched the season 5 sneak peek, but I did a side eye when I saw it offered. I mean, the episodes are so short, they’re all like sneak peeks to me. Lol 😝 

Share Post

I definitely wouldn't watch this show if it were on any other time of the year. It's ridiculous. There's maybe 15 minutes of content and the rest of the timeslot is commercials. The story isn't progressing anymore.

Share Post

Does Bonnie still have a job?

I think I would enjoy this more if Silverstone’s delivery seemed more natural and not so stilted (or something).

I think Diana is the best and most interesting character.

Share Post

I guess she still works at the department store (I think I saw her coworker in next week's preview, though I missed the bulk of it), though I don't know when, since she's having day sex with that gross artist dude--who she's planning to go to New York with--and is home cooking dinner for her kids at night.

And she's worried about paying the mortgage but buys a "personal massager"?

I wondered how Diana was able to just get up from her desk to go get a drink with Greg's(?) lover and they drank until nighttime! She'd been gone from her desk all day!

What even is reality on this show?

Edited by bilgistic.

Share Post

13 hours ago, Accidental Martyr said:

I think I would enjoy this more if Silverstone’s delivery seemed more natural and not so stilted (or something).

Yeah, her voice and mannerisms are really unnatural. I don't remember being put-off by Megan Mullally's weird vocal stylings  as Karen on Will and Grace or Alyson Hannigan's Willow-voice on BtVS  or the gargling-with-glass voice that Fiona Dourif did as Bart on Dirk Gently, but Silverstone talks like she's got a broomstick up her butt on this show and it's just really annoying me. 

Share Post

To me,  Alicia Silverstone is delivering her lines like she's trying to come across as some grande dame, which she is way too young for.  That said, she is made to play a 70's-era woman.  She looks beautiful in the hair and make-up.

So Kyle Richards based this show on her mom,  and it's all about her random hookups and sexual awakening?  That's...normal...I think I'm starting to understand why her sisters are reportedly not very happy about it.

Share Post

And here I thought her vibrator was a mini fire extinguisher.  It looked kind of big for what she was using it for.  Lol.

Share Post

This show is really bad. Burning the doll. Two or three masturbation scenes. There’s nothing original about it. 

Share Post

And she's worried about paying the mortgage but buys a "personal massager"?

Just so I'm clear, Bonnie complained to her friends that she was worried about paying the mortgage and their solution to her problem was for her to masturbate?  I mean, I know this is the 70s, but I'm pretty sure your mortgage company doesn't accept that as payment.  

Also, I really liked that pencil sharpener that Mena Survari had on her desk in her office.  

Share Post

On 7/13/2018 at 6:53 PM, Gem 10 said:

And here I thought her vibrator was a mini fire extinguisher.  It looked kind of big for what she was using it for.  Lol.

That "personal massager", the Hitachi Magic Wand, has been a best seller for decades. It was featured on Sex & the City.

Share Post

I kind of just want to watch a show about Diana. She is actually a really interesting character and the actress who plays her is really natural and likable. 

Really, all the actors are doing fine...except for Silverstone, and that sucks, because I've always had a soft spot for her, but she just sounds so stilted and weird. I dont know why. 

Edited by tennisgurl.

Share Post

On 7/14/2018 at 11:12 PM, bilgistic said:

That "personal massager", the Hitachi Magic Wand, has been a best seller for decades. It was featured on Sex & the City.

Oh .. o.k.  I have a fear if I die, my kids would find that and think “ what the hell”, or better yet, the husband.  LMAO.

Share Post

this show is ridiculously short. what is it, 10 minutes without commercials. love the look of it. ms. silverstone is not the best of actresses. don't like kylie richards so couldn't care less if this is a hit or not. it could be a decent show it the writing were better and it needs to be an hour. 

Share Post