S05.E05: The Bowels of Hell

Geez Dave enough of the drama please.

I don't understand, is there really no fish to catch for some or are they just lazy to improvise like Britt's grasshopper bait.

Shelter wise, Sam's & Larry's are not good. Britt's & Randy's are nice & look strong, Randy wasn't shown in this episode?

Share Post

Anybody wonder what was cooking in Randy's pot?

I like his hearth setup.

Britt's fire in the middle of his shelter and the lingering smoke is not healthy.

Share Post

On 7/15/2018 at 10:25 AM, Yeah No said:

I can't help but think that some of Dave's on-camera brooding over this is for the benefit of the audience and he's not as uncomfortable with it as he wants to look.  Just my gut instinct there because among other reasons, methinks he doth protest too much.  Already it is obvious to me that this cast has been affected by the public response to them in their original seasons and is carefully editing themselves as a result (like Larry going overboard to "thank" every creature he kills).  And as others have pointed out, Dave didn't seem to have a problem with how his fish died in his original season.  I don't completely buy his shtick, especially because I think he's a kook anyway.

Dave may be a kook, but I think his guilt feelings over the animals suffering is genuine.  There's no way to tell for sure, but that's my take.  

I'd say most people are more sensitive to mammals suffering than to fish suffering.  That's natural, since we ourselves are mammals and not fish.  That doesn't mean he didn't care about the fish, but it probably wasn't as big an issue.  People do have empathy for fish suffering though, that's why they kill them quickly when they take them out of the water.

Share Post

How about a dock or paddle fishing contraption like Fowler built?

Fckin Larry is a contractor so he should be able to build something to aid his fishing if he gets over his fainting spells...

Share Post

5 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

How about a dock or paddle fishing contraption like Fowler built?

Fckin Larry is a contractor so he should be able to build something to aid his fishing if he gets over his fainting spells...

F*g Larry is an Electrician.  

Share Post