Jump to content

S04.E01: Episode 1 2018.06.17

7 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’d be in constant fear that it would slide down the hill during a rainstorm or earthquake. 

Plus, living on a game trail for bobcats, snakes (rattlesnakes!), and coyote  packs. Incidents and attacks are not uncommon, especially those involving pets because pets attract predators to the neighborhood. It would seem that almost everything about this location is not a good fit for a stressed, fearful person (Helen): lack of privacy, prying eyes, earthquake, mudslide, predatory wildlife, etc. Most people see a house on stilts hugging a hillside and wonder, like Helen did, "How does it stay up there?" but, given what we're being shown, I think her question referenced herself.

8

Share Post


Link to post

I think this house is gonna send Helen over the edge, so to speak.   I get dizzy just watching it on TV. 

I don't know, but like the neighbor's house I assume those supports have to be anchored to bedrock.

affair1c.thumb.jpg.69ff861d7b40248f0f8b4f758bbaec90.jpg

I like her therapist, he seems to be dialed into her already.

affair1bbbbb.thumb.jpg.ca896893d7abc053697f56a8b56914f1.jpg

affair1bbbbbb.thumb.jpg.8f31732036f24fbbc9106edad98f776d.jpg

Edited by Razzberry.
6

Share Post


Link to post

I don't know how long this series is going to survive given its ridiculousness, but I'll be watching and ready to snark! Quack quack ( in honor of duck lips everywhere)

8

Share Post


Link to post
On 6/18/2018 at 7:56 AM, mochamajesty said:

Vic has diabetes - they keep referencing is weight loss and that is the only.thing that I can think of that causes rapid weight loss.

 

My thought is that he has cancer—he'll die and free up Helen to live her best life by remarrying her ex-husband. Cole will remarry Allison and the lesson learned from this whole show will be about how having an affair rebuilds your shaky marriage. This show sucks so bad that I can see this being its final lesson—if the damned series would ever end

Or, possibly, Vic is a 20-year old child prodigy with progeria which could be the only explanation for why his mother appears to be young enough to be his twin sister. 

8

Share Post


Link to post
4 hours ago, suomi said:

Plus, living on a game trail for bobcats, snakes (rattlesnakes!), and coyote  packs. Incidents and attacks are not uncommon, especially those involving pets because pets attract predators to the neighborhood. It would seem that almost everything about this location is not a good fit for a stressed, fearful person (Helen): lack of privacy, prying eyes, earthquake, mudslide, predatory wildlife, etc. Most people see a house on stilts hugging a hillside and wonder, like Helen did, "How does it stay up there?" but, given what we're being shown, I think her question referenced herself.

I guess people live up there for the views?

But the commute and going to different stores may be a hassle.  Or having to take the kids to school, though nobody seems to rely on school buses.

3

Share Post


Link to post
55 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

My thought is that he has cancer—he'll die and free up Helen to live her best life by remarrying her ex-husband. Cole will remarry Allison and the lesson learned from this whole show will be about how having an affair rebuilds your shaky marriage. This show sucks so bad that I can see this being its final lesson—if the damned series would ever end

Or, possibly, Vic is a 20-year old child prodigy with progeria which could be the only explanation for why his mother appears to be young enough to be his twin sister. 

Haha! You nailed it GiantMisfit! I just wish we could get Cole buck naked..before this show takes a dump!

2

Share Post


Link to post
On 6/18/2018 at 6:56 AM, mochamajesty said:

 

And since when can a convicted felon teach? 

Yep.  And...

I have always enjoyed the real estate porn of this show. I have never cared how unrealistic it was for the characters to own such places.

Yep, how can a teacher afford a 3 bedroom house in the canyon?

And, how many episodes will it take for Noah to steal the other teacher’s manuscript?

3

Share Post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

And, how many episodes will it take for Noah to steal the other teacher’s manuscript?

GMTA.  My exact thought the moment I saw the voluminous manuscript.

3

Share Post


Link to post

I haven't rea d all the comments yet, but to be honest I only came back because the French lady showed up in an episode of Patrick Melrose and I'm a glutton for punishment.

Ugh. Not California. Again. I was loving Montauk. If we spend more than 50% of the time in Mansonville, I'm out.

Quote

5) Remember, they caught the notorious gangster, Whitey Bulger, in Santa Monica.
6) And here's a little bit of extreme potential trivia:  Last season, Noah was hospitalized after that knife incident.  Treated by an unseen Dr. Quittner.  Hmmm...This whole fictional exercise was supposed to be set in New Jersey, specifically in the Florham Park, Livingston area. Investigated by the Livingston police. The town next to Livingston is...West Orange.  AND, ready for it, back in the day, there were twins, the Quittners.  Good athletes.  Now, doesn't that just make your toes tingle. 

And the son Trevor is likely gay. Trevor project projection?

AND a rip off of Finding Forrester.

Edited by WaltersHair.
2

Share Post


Link to post

Too bad we didn't get a Vic's story showing him on the bathroom floor clipping his toenails.

5

Share Post


Link to post

Ay yi yi, I could barely get through this season opener, it was that boring and tedious for me. I'm soooooo fucking tired of all the angsty hand wringing and whinging about how stressful and terrible these rich people's lives are! Seriously, they all seem to have a shit ton of money, they live in amazing homes, I mean who is able to pick up and leave their gorgeous NYC brownstone to go  live in a modern glass home in the Palisades or wherever Helen and Vik's new home is?! You need to be pretty wealthy to do that and yet, they're never - and I mean NEVER - happy about anything. These characters suck the life out of a room in one second, and they suck the life out of me just sitting on my ass watching them on my television. It's amazing how great this show was in S01, and how bad it has been ever since. Sarah Treem must have had some great collaborators that are no longer involved, or she's a one seasons wonder because this show is nothing like the S01 show I adored so much. I seriously doubt I'll be able to watch the entire season and will likely take it off my DVR schedule, and just check it out when I can.

9

Share Post


Link to post

When/why did they move to Cali? I watched the SHO advertised S4 E1 but didn't see things that you have. When was Noah at a school being a savior? When did Vic fall? Where is Allison? What I saw was Helen getting crazy over the fact that the kid might be gay. Ugh!

I used to like Helen. Now I can't stomach her. She reminds me of Darlene (Sara Gilbert) on the short lived Rosanne--constantly sarcastic and negative to everyone and about everything. I'm a Brooklyn girl so I don't like the move to LA. Grittier on the East Coast. Question: the last we saw of Noah, he was jobless and homeless. Where and how did he get the money to move to LA?

It seems I've missed or forgot quite a bit. Please be kind and re-wind for me. I need to be brought up to date. Thanks very much.

0

Share Post


Link to post

Don't schools do any kind of background check on teachers?   How did Noah get a job teaching high school with a conviction/prison record?

1

Share Post


Link to post

Good question! These writers have a lot kf work to do.

0

Share Post


Link to post
21 hours ago, gingerella said:

Ay yi yi, I could barely get through this season opener, it was that boring and tedious for me. I'm soooooo fucking tired of all the angsty hand wringing and whinging about how stressful and terrible these rich people's lives are! Seriously, they all seem to have a shit ton of money, they live in amazing homes, I mean who is able to pick up and leave their gorgeous NYC brownstone to go  live in a modern glass home in the Palisades or wherever Helen and Vik's new home is?! You need to be pretty wealthy to do that and yet, they're never - and I mean NEVER - happy about anything. These characters suck the life out of a room in one second, and they suck the life out of me just sitting on my ass watching them on my television. It's amazing how great this show was in S01, and how bad it has been ever since. Sarah Treem must have had some great collaborators that are no longer involved, or she's a one seasons wonder because this show is nothing like the S01 show I adored so much. I seriously doubt I'll be able to watch the entire season and will likely take it off my DVR schedule, and just check it out when I can.

THIS!!  I never really thought about it, but that all are a miserable bunch of people.  I'm probably going to tap out this season.  I liked the NYC/Hamptons vibe of the show, LA is just so over done.  LOL.  (kidding)

3

Share Post


Link to post

I’m voting for Vic’s mom for the win.  If everyone is annoying, I appreciated her overt passive aggression the most.  Maybe since I don’t leave my little 20 mile radius of LA often, I tend to miss many wackadoo trends, but I could get behind baby goat yoga if I don’t have to do yoga and they just walk on you, don’t have fleas, and don’t poop.  I guess I have that with my dogs already.  I’m inventing corgi yoga.

Should these two be in the bathroom together?

I can do without the Dangerous Minds references.  I don’t want to spend a season watching Noah saving “disadvantaged” youth.

I really didn’t miss Team Montauk.

1

Share Post


Link to post
On 6/18/2018 at 4:18 PM, chick binewski said:

Hey, we're only one episode in! Who knows what poor Anton is in for.

I always thought Montauk & NYC were such perfect settings for the show and it feels all out of sorts when its shot elsewhere. I'm looking at you, France.

I have to say I was shocked how much I enjoyed the premiere.Well, the Helen POV at least. I can't help it - she's still obligated to raise kids with Noah in some fashion and that has to suck. And her therapy session killed me. "The ocean is an attention whore."

I'm with you regarding Helen's POV: she want him to be there for their kids, he's not, and he doesn't realize he may have missed something and that it is not all about him.  

2

Share Post


Link to post
On 6/18/2018 at 7:56 AM, mochamajesty said:

Vic has diabetes - they keep referencing is weight loss and that is the only.thing that I can think of that causes rapid weight loss.

Either Vic is gonna cheat with the neighbor or Helen is gonna assume that he is cheating with the neighbor and be totally bitchy about it.

 

Helen so ignored Noah's phone call at the school.

I do not want to see Noah at the school. I mean I totally do not care.at all.

 

And since when can a convicted felon teach? 

Cancer causes rapid weight loss and a convicted felon can't teach, at least not in my world. Show is getting crazier and crazier.

2

Share Post


Link to post

Things I don't get-- at the end of last season, Noah was completely lost, jobless and homeless. How then, did he get the money to move across the country, get a swanky Topanga apartment, the furnishings, a car and most of all a teaching position when he was a convicted felon? Do you think this is a bit unrealistic?

Liked East Coast better-more gritty and realistic. (Okay I am an East Coaster) BUT have visited the stunning West Coast several times and have been a guest at a Malibu home on a cliff overlooking the Pacific. It's a big YIKES! 

In the beginning, I liked Helen but not anymore. She is now very much like Darlene (Sara Gilbert) on the short lived new Rosanne--totally sarcastic and negative 24/7. ENOUGH!

I want to see this show through but not sure if I'll have the patience. What say the rest of you?

3

Share Post


Link to post
2 hours ago, subina167 said:

Things I don't get-- at the end of last season, Noah was completely lost, jobless and homeless. How then, did he get the money to move across the country, get a swanky Topanga apartment, the furnishings, a car and most of all a teaching position when he was a convicted felon? Do you think this is a bit unrealistic?

Yes and Noah was also insane and addicted to drugs in addition to your list! I wondered too how the hell he's made a seamless move to L.A. 

I'd go nuts living in that house. I can see how overwhelming and overbearing THE OCEAN would be not to mention the weird way it's perched. Ugh.

I don't know what's up with the kooky avocado neighbor but not sure I care either. I wish the show stayed on the east coast. This is too weird. I'm not in the mood for any more wacky fruity California gags either (the ridiculous scan your body therapy for example)

3

Share Post


Link to post
On 6/20/2018 at 8:35 PM, subina167 said:

When/why did they move to Cali? I watched the SHO advertised S4 E1 but didn't see things that you have. When was Noah at a school being a savior? When did Vic fall? Where is Allison? What I saw was Helen getting crazy over the fact that the kid might be gay. Ugh!

I used to like Helen. Now I can't stomach her. She reminds me of Darlene (Sara Gilbert) on the short lived Rosanne--constantly sarcastic and negative to everyone and about everything. I'm a Brooklyn girl so I don't like the move to LA. Grittier on the East Coast. Question: the last we saw of Noah, he was jobless and homeless. Where and how did he get the money to move to LA?

It seems I've missed or forgot quite a bit. Please be kind and re-wind for me. I need to be brought up to date. Thanks very much.

On the show, Vik got a job offer in California at the end of last season. I don't remember that either last year but they showed Helen telling Noah in the recap before the season premiere. In real life, show got moved to CA because it was cheaper to film there (some kind of tax credit). 

 

Allison is still in Montauk, along with Cole. Episode 2 will be their viewpoints back in Montauk. Not sure on the current timeline and how long they have been in Cali.  

1

Share Post


Link to post

Geez people - why are you watching this if it's all bad.  Why so negative?  Noah is attractive especially when you know Dominic West is a devoted husband with four kids - Ruth Wilson is attractive and a great actor as is Joshua Jackson and Maura Tierney.  If I wanted to watch only feel good series I'd switch to a fantasy series.  This is a great show with complex storylines and complicated characters - can we have some positive feedback please?  Instead of criticizing their looks how about anticipating and discussing the storyline.  Just my humble opinion.

3

Share Post


Link to post
1 hour ago, jcash said:

Geez people - why are you watching this if it's all bad.  Why so negative?  Noah is attractive especially when you know Dominic West is a devoted husband with four kids - Ruth Wilson is attractive and a great actor as is Joshua Jackson and Maura Tierney.  If I wanted to watch only feel good series I'd switch to a fantasy series.  This is a great show with complex storylines and complicated characters - can we have some positive feedback please?  Instead of criticizing their looks how about anticipating and discussing the storyline.  Just my humble opinion.

I am questioning how can someone with a felony teach kids. The show needs to explain this, as it should be impossible.  That is discussing the storyline. 

3

Share Post


Link to post

A television show is supposed to be entertaining.  I used to watch and root for Helen. Most of the characters (save for Vic) are insufferable.    I still watch because I guess I need closure or comeuppance for all of these assholes.

Edited by chabelisaywow. Reason: FRUSTRATION
5

Share Post


Link to post
12 hours ago, DiabLOL said:

Yes and Noah was also insane and addicted to drugs in addition to your list! I wondered too how the hell he's made a seamless move to L.A. 

I'd go nuts living in that house. I can see how overwhelming and overbearing THE OCEAN would be not to mention the weird way it's perched. Ugh.

I don't know what's up with the kooky avocado neighbor but not sure I care either. I wish the show stayed on the east coast. This is too weird. I'm not in the mood for any more wacky fruity California gags either (the ridiculous scan your body therapy for example)

Noah has no money?  How about money from his best-selling novel?  

2

Share Post


Link to post

I watched this episode again and Vic's mother is seriously demented. She talks to Helen like Helen is her enemy and she is trying so hard to create a fight or conflict. She is sarcastic, unfriendly, and filled with hate.

The way that woman is scripted, she should be in a horror film because she is sinister and seems to be foreshadowing something very evil.  Run Helen run. Or hide all those knives. 

4

Share Post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Direwolf said:

On the show, Vik got a job offer in California at the end of last season. I don't remember that either last year but they showed Helen telling Noah in the recap before the season premiere. In real life, show got moved to CA because it was cheaper to film there (some kind of tax credit). 

 

Allison is still in Montauk, along with Cole. Episode 2 will be their viewpoints back in Montauk. Not sure on the current timeline and how long they have been in Cali.  

 I think that was the night of the wedding/accident when they were sitting on the beach together talking, so that was YEARS ago that Vic got that job offer! Boy, Fancy CA Hospital sure takes a long time with paperwork! Am I misremembering? Was that too soon for her to be with Vic? I feel like he gave up the job offer to be with Helen early on in the relationship, so maybe somehow the offer was still on the table years later?

0

Share Post


Link to post

Why didn't Vic get a job in Vancouver BC?  That'd be even cheaper for filming.   And Helen could drive down to Lynden and flip Noah off at the border 'cause the Canadians won't let him in.

1

Share Post


Link to post
9 hours ago, DakotaLavender said:

I watched this episode again and Vic's mother is seriously demented. She talks to Helen like Helen is her enemy and she is trying so hard to create a fight or conflict. She is sarcastic, unfriendly, and filled with hate.

Vic's mom is passive aggressive and a thorn in Helen's side.  And yet, how can Helen complain?  Mom is tailoring Vic's pants!  Mom brought Vic's favorite meals!  How nice!  Lol.  I think it's good for Helen to get a taste of what her own parents dished out to Noah his whole marriage.  Now Helen knows how it feels to have your spouse's parents make you feel small every day.

Not that I'm a Noah fan.  I don't like any of these people, although Vic hasn't gotten on my nerves yet.

9

Share Post


Link to post

We’ve only seen Vic’s mom from Helen’s perspective so HELEN thinks she’s smothering and overbearing, but she probably just brought over a dish or two, not filled the ENTIRE fridge with food, etc. Likewise, the neighbor probably just brought over a couple of avocados and didn’t act like we’re going to be best friends and goat yoga partners now that you accepted my bounty of avocados.  It was also interesting how as soon as she told the therapist she left her parents 3,000 miles away, she comes home to Vic’s mom. So, I think she’s painting Mama Vic through that same lens that she sees her parents.

 Just like the Mexican restaurant: Helen was feeling close with her family (before Noah busted it up) so she remembers it dark and quiet and intimate; meanwhile Noah was feeling anxiety of pushed out of the family so he has sensory overload with brightly colored paper banners, people chattering to a near roar, and a freaking mariachi band so he can barely hear them.

Helen is “earthquaking” everything that isn’t just her, Vic, and the TWO kids. So now she’s this season’s Most Unreliable Narrator, I suppose? But why do the writers keep rehashing this storyline of hallucinations?!? We GET the point of the show that people see and remember different things based on their own emotions. But now I’m worried that THREE people are traipsing all over New York (Manhattan and Long Island), New Jersey, Pennsylvania, France, and Southern California without any proper treatment or medication. (Sure Allison had three months of inpatient treatment, but she was still hallucinating her daughter dead off the horse afterward.) Not that I WANT the show to go there because the whole delusion plot has gone off the rails, but MAYBE Noah and Helen will bond over their hallucinations and perhaps we’ll see how Noah magically got better aside from sex with Juliette...sex with each other, perhaps?

Edited by JenE4. Reason: Can’t forget PA
5

Share Post


Link to post
5 hours ago, JenE4 said:

We’ve only seen Vic’s mom from Helen’s perspective so HELEN thinks she’s smothering and overbearing, but she probably just brought over a dish or two, not filled the ENTIRE fridge with food, etc.

 

Good observation. (And why I think complaints about "same event from two points of view" are missing the point.) Chances are that Noah's class isn't quite as godawful as his filter showed us, either.

From the beginning that's been the theme of the show--that there is no shared reality. (Or that the amount of reality we share is miniscule compared to the perception of reality unique to each person.) We've seen this enough in the characters, and in enough of the characters, that we now must abandon any idea that they're especially delusional. No, the show is telling us that they're normal, completely like us. (Even the tertiary characters--Noah's sister and hometown friend, for example--see events in a manner not necessarily consonant with how others see them.)

The whole soap-opera-ish plot of The Affair from the start has been a vehicle for conveying this knowledge that the belief in a shared reality is a delusion. It's a knowledge that has to be gained over and over again, because it runs so counter to the belief that we desperately cling to. There have been attempts to capture this knowledge on film before, going at least as far back as Rashomon, but none so sustained and immersive (or to my mind, fascinating) as The Affair. Sometimes, after watching an episode, I find myself marveling that we humans can even agree to call that thing we drive a car, and that thing we live in a house. 

Edited by Milburn Stone.
12

Share Post


Link to post
8 hours ago, JenE4 said:

We’ve only seen Vic’s mom from Helen’s perspective so HELEN thinks she’s smothering and overbearing, but she probably just brought over a dish or two, not filled the ENTIRE fridge with food, etc.

Great point.  As a new viewer I sometimes forget that these scenes are through the lens of one point of view only.  MIL could actually be very sweet with good intentions.   But I hope not.   Can't wait to see her reaction to Vic's fainting spell.  She'll probably move in.

3

Share Post


Link to post

Yeah, I keep forgetting that I can't take any of these scenes at face value. I enjoyed the multi perspectives in the first season when we were watching the actual affair and Scott Lockhart mystery play out, but now I mostly find it annoying.

1

Share Post


Link to post
On 6/22/2018 at 2:43 PM, grommit2 said:

Noah has no money?  How about money from his best-selling novel?  

Legal fees from the trial would have done him in.

2

Share Post


Link to post
On 6/22/2018 at 11:57 AM, jcash said:

Geez people - why are you watching this if it's all bad.  Why so negative?  Noah is attractive especially when you know Dominic West is a devoted husband with four kids - Ruth Wilson is attractive and a great actor as is Joshua Jackson and Maura Tierney.  If I wanted to watch only feel good series I'd switch to a fantasy series.  This is a great show with complex storylines and complicated characters - can we have some positive feedback please?  Instead of criticizing their looks how about anticipating and discussing the storyline.  Just my humble opinion.

Probably because most people started watching this show, liked it, but find the show really reaching with its plots. It's okay not to think every last second of a show is perfection.  

On 6/18/2018 at 10:54 PM, GeminiDancer said:

You know the show's gone to shit when the big standout to me was that racism (the accusation of plagarism) kept the student back another year. It's not outright spoken, but that signal was loud and clear.

Is it racism?  Wasn't it the black principal that made that accusation and that is the result of the student being held back?  Or did I miss something?  Noah accusing him of that seems to stem from the Principal's comment and the fact the kid is not participating in class.  

Now my question would be:  if the kid was accused of it before, why didn't the principal give the kid a chance -- like Noah -- to prove himself?  This kid was just flunked?   

7

Share Post


Link to post

Also found the girl's "Oh I love a man with a history" way too precocious for a kid that age.

Edited by sasha206.
3

Share Post


Link to post

Am I crazy,  I just don't get these women and students falling all over Noah.    I mean, come on, he's no Don Draper.

AffairNoah1.thumb.jpg.3a3744eab031605efbfd44d5a5674ca6.jpg

Edited by Razzberry.
4

Share Post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Razzberry said:

Am I crazy,  I just don't get these women and students falling all over Noah.    I mean, come on, he's no Don Draper.

Well it is his perspective so I call it his fantasy that they are all about him. 

7

Share Post


Link to post

People do have their own perspective and different tastes but he doesn't strike me as being so egotistical that he'd imagine this?

1

Share Post


Link to post

My biggest laugh of the episode was the neighbor talking about Helen's great skin.  She doesn't need a mask becauses she is glowing!  I love Maura Tierney, but her skin is not glowing.  She could use a lot of masks.  A lot of moisture.  Her skin always looks DRY to me.  Even in that scene where she appears to have been sweating.

7

Share Post


Link to post

Felons can teaching California. It depends on the felony. 

1

Share Post


Link to post
Quote

Is it racism?  Wasn't it the black principal that made that accusation and that is the result of the student being held back?  Or did I miss something?  Noah accusing him of that seems to stem from the Principal's comment and the fact the kid is not participating in class.  

Now my question would be:  if the kid was accused of it before, why didn't the principal give the kid a chance -- like Noah -- to prove himself?  This kid was just flunked?   

Wasn't he talking to another teacher and not the principal? His interaction with the principal came with the student who lied about having a brother when his phone kept going off.

This is a prime example of implicit bias contributing to institutional racism: It's so outside of the realm of possibility that a black kid could be so smart about a topic that he just HAD to have plagiarized the material. Because of that, he's held back a year. Only, it's not. This is where Noah's "Dangerous Minds/Freedom Writers" story arc is going to come into play, where he's going to try to play the savior to a black kid already damaged by the system that's supposed to educate him.

2

Share Post


Link to post
10 hours ago, GeminiDancer said:

Legal fees from the trial would have done him in.

I seem to recall that Helen paid the legal fees. 
Hey...I was actually paying attention!

4

Share Post


Link to post

Why are they portraying Helen - even in her own story -  as such an ungrateful shrew to Noah, when he served three years in jail for her for a crime that she committed? Are we supposed to forget that happened? It's a real retcon of the character, imo. 

7

Share Post


Link to post
17 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

Felons can teaching California. It depends on the felony. 

True. Felonies are rated by severity. Noah's felony caused "great bodily harm," and appears to fall within the undesirable felony category in Cali. But surely the writers researched that. It's puzzling.

0

Share Post


Link to post

I liked the show being set in Montauk because it's different. Ninety percent of shows already take place in LA - yawn. 

1

Share Post


Link to post
On 6/17/2018 at 11:42 PM, GeminiDancer said:

UnfFortunately, yes. It's a real thing.

Fixed that for you. 

Seriously - yoga.  baby goats.  What's not to like?? 

On 6/18/2018 at 3:39 AM, DakotaLavender said:

Vic's mother looks his age. I am glad this show is back. I am glad the French lady is gone and Noah's prison guard is off the show. I think this was a great first episode and I think this is going to be a great season. 

Agreed.  I rather enjoyed this first episode and I will remain cautiously optimistic that this season will be better than last (it HAS to be...right/??) 

Loved Papa Keaton as her therapist.  He's just awesome in any role he plays.  

 

On 6/20/2018 at 8:35 PM, subina167 said:

When/why did they move to Cali? I watched the SHO advertised S4 E1 but didn't see things that you have. When was Noah at a school being a savior? When did Vic fall? Where is Allison? What I saw was Helen getting crazy over the fact that the kid might be gay. Ugh!

I used to like Helen. Now I can't stomach her. She reminds me of Darlene (Sara Gilbert) on the short lived Rosanne--constantly sarcastic and negative to everyone and about everything. I'm a Brooklyn girl so I don't like the move to LA. Grittier on the East Coast. Question: the last we saw of Noah, he was jobless and homeless. Where and how did he get the money to move to LA?

It seems I've missed or forgot quite a bit. Please be kind and re-wind for me. I need to be brought up to date. Thanks very much.

Are you sure you watched the whole thing?  They had a scene in the "previouslies" that showed Helen saying that Vic got a job in LA, and Vic fell at the very end.  

On 6/24/2018 at 2:08 PM, Mindthinkr said:

Well it is his perspective so I call it his fantasy that they are all about him. 

Ha ha excellent point.  BUT to be fair, I first saw him in a movie called "The Awakening" and found him verrry attractive.  Now--ugh, not at all.  

Edited by Duke2801.
2

Share Post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Duke2801 said:

Ha ha excellent point.  BUT to be fair, I first saw him in a movie called "The Awakening" and found him verrry attractive.  Now--ugh, not at all.  

I’ve never been a fan of his looks but it’s subjective. We all have our types. 

2

Share Post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now