The Couples: Happily Never After?

Watched the first episode and so not impressed. 

Share Post

I'm not sure what it accomplished that they couldn't have figured out on their own without a show helping them crash 3 weddings. I hope the bride & groom were compensated somehow for the wedding being televised -or maybe they were re-enactments- or staged just for this show & promotion of certain locations, performers, etc.

Share Post

I actually really enjoyed the first episode because the potential bride and groom were, IMHO, very likable AND because there may be a PMS-family wedding to be planned in the not too distant future in that area so it was very enlightening to get a basic idea of some of the costs (except $750 for a solo singer/guitarist playing Hawaiian music???? I call complete BS, even if he played for the entire night ... unless they had to pay his airfare from Hawaii)

But YES, I kept wondering how on earth they were able to convince the actual three couples to let these people crash their weddings (frankly, though, I feel the same way when I watch "Four Weddings" ... maybe even more strongly, because at least in the premiere episode, I thought the couple were very tactful and complimentary and pleasant about the three weddings they attended, whereas with "Four Weddings" their so-called "NEW FRIENDS" pretty much trash the weddings, or elements of the wedding, to excuse their down-scoring/lowballing them (though I have noticed they almost NEVER trash the dress ... it always "fits her perfectly" and is "just her style, though not my style" ... maybe that's an unspoken rule). 

Share Post

Agree with everything you said. I wonder if the pitch to these people getting married is "your wedding is on TV! We'll all know how much you paid for stuff!" The engaged couple was very polite, I would be super scared to say anything rude on camera about a total stranger's wedding. And yes, Four Weddings probably does ask the brides never to say anything nasty about the dresses. Leave the dresses alone, talk smack about everything else!

Share Post

On 6/14/2018 at 5:53 PM, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I actually really enjoyed the first episode because the potential bride and groom were, IMHO, very likable AND because there may be a PMS-family wedding to be planned in the not too distant future in that area so it was very enlightening to get a basic idea of some of the costs (except $750 for a solo singer/guitarist playing Hawaiian music???? I call complete BS, even if he played for the entire night ... unless they had to pay his airfare from Hawaii)

\

That price for the musician didn't surprise me. It costs upwards of $2500 to hire a 5 piece band where I live in the midwest.

Share Post

I've liked both couples so far. As far as the weddings they attend, I'm sure the couples are compensated somehow. Lots of people want to be on TV. I can't even imagine how much trouble and how expensive it would be to hire actors and stage these weddings.

Share Post

I wonder if TLC films the entirety of these weddings and then the couples get free videography, basically. That would be an incentive.

Share Post